Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Buprenorphine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 21-01-2011, 00:05
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%
Price of Suboxone and Subutex going up, up in National Pharmacies.

Last night "Buddy" called several pharmacies that carry both and asked for prices on Suboxone and Subutex generic.

Until he saw his Suboxone doctor, he hadn't mentioned the price increase. However, when "Buddy" went to the best pharmacy in town, they said a January 2011, Reckitt-Benckiser has raised there prices to $524 (40%) for 60 eight (8) mg Suboxne and $326 (45%) for 60 eight(8)mg Subutex 8mg generic. I was feeling sad for Buddy. I was feeling sad for Buddy.

The pharmacist told him as of January 1, 2011 the prices had gone up $164 (40%) per script. The Subutex made by Roxane is just following Ben-Rec.

The reason I'm posting this is for those who pay-out-of-pocket for your meds.

The pharmacist told Buddy that the reason the price increased is because the strips haven't done very good on the Phamaceutical market. They lost money with the strips, so they have to make it up somehow.

Good Karma,

salgoud

Last edited by Alfa; 26-01-2011 at 15:57. Reason: Puntcuation
Old 21-01-2011, 00:11
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Price of Suboxone and Subutex going up, up

ouch. Thats a lot of dog bones...but please edit out the prices as it's against the rules to post that info on DF.
It's ok to say something along the lines of script prices increased by 40% (or whatever) - but no figures please
Old 21-01-2011, 01:17
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.

Thanks for the guidance, mission accomplished. However, are you sure %'s are OK also, cause I got a "please don't discuss prices" at the bottom of the thread. I must have missed that when I read the rules. I have to read them, because "Buddy" can't read and my vision is less than perfect. I have Progressive Lens glasses, but sometimes I miss something. I read the rules again, and still didn't see it. The price of a prescription from a pharmacy can't be disclosed. Seems strange, as long as everything is legal and kosher. But I guess when learn as we "plow on".

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 21-01-2011 at 18:37. Reason: to clarify something
Old 24-01-2011, 00:32
Silver Member

Male from Australia
Naked Lunch is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1

Subs are expensive in AU, its a daily price (paid in fortnightly or what ever installments) that varies a shit load from pharmacy to pharmacy. Most can barely afford it unless they are working, which most recovering smack addicts don't.
Old 24-01-2011, 01:30
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo

Buddy lucked out I guess. He fell off a two story house and needs both his Subtalar Joints fused. He got Medcare and Medicaid. It took 7 years. When Buddy picked his Pharmaceutic Supplement Insurance, he chose a company that had Suboxone in the formulary. My cost is in the single digits. Where there is a will there is a way.

In Bud's opinion, 1/4 a day 2mg, will and does do the trick. So really one would need 15 8mg 1/4's a day. Thus making it 3/4's easier to obtain.

When Buddy got on them he said he had an "Epiphany", euphoric and releaved he could lead a lifestyle that was not killing him anymore and live like a normal Canine. That was 6/24/11 and things couldn't be better.

Some may not agree that a 2mg will help, but it will, especially after it builds up in ones system.

I'm not familiar with the Australian Medical System, so Buddy's not sure what your culture is up against.

salgoud
Old 26-01-2011, 15:59
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,272, Level: 41 Points: 83,272, Level: 41 Points: 83,272, Level: 41
Activity: 51.7% Activity: 51.7% Activity: 51.7%
Re: Price of Suboxone and Subutex going up, up in National Pharmacies.

Salgoud is correct. The rules state:
Quote:
Prices & sources of common products from national chain stores like K-mart are allowed.
This price discussion is allowed, because it concerns prices in National Pharmacies.
Old 26-01-2011, 16:54
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo

Suboxone for 60 tabs at a Walgreens or Medicine Shoppe have gone from $360 to $525.

Subutex Generic for 60 tabs has gone from $180 to $360.

This started January 2011, due to the failure of the Suboxone strips, a lot of people who tried them switched back to Suboxone tabs, according to a Pharmacist of a National Chain Pharmacy.

Not everyone who wants to is able to obtain Suboxone, unfortunately. In cases like this Buddy says, Subutex is prescribed for pain, so any doctor can prescribe it. Then get assistance from "Reckitt-Benckiser" the maker of Suboxone, Suboxone strips and Brand name Subutex.

60 tabs a month are not necessary, a person can ward of W/D symptoms from opiates with as little as 2mg a day, Buddy says. So 15 8mg Suboxone cut into quarters can last 30 days. Remember, before 2002, the forms of buprenorphine was Temegesic (0.2mg) and Buprenex (0.3mg). 2mg is still 7 times the original dose.

Everyone should have the abililty to live a normal life. Suboxone helps opiate addicts obtain this. Buddy had to hold out for 2 years, doing mainly black tar and some pharmaceuticals, until he could close the chapter on one lifestyle and open the chapter for another. Buddy's not rich, he's on SSDI, Medicare and gets food stamps and housing. But he's on Suboxone and since he gets Medicaid help from the State, also, he gets it cheap.

If anyone wants to know more on how to obtain help to be able to afford Suboxone, PM me and Buddy will tell you different help avenues and sites.

salgoud Please read Alfa's previous post before slamming Bud for discussing prices

Post Quality Evaluations:
very important information about dosage and how low doses of buprenorphine can be very effective
Old 26-01-2011, 17:34
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11

aah, glad to see the price thing clarified - thanks Alfa. I stand corrected!
Sorry about that, salgoud
Thats an excellent reminder that a little bupe goes a long way, too - seems many clinics/docs are in a hurry to overprescribe (as in dosage) and convince people that the "therapeutic threshold" is 8mg when many manage on far less than that without any hint of wd's.
Old 26-01-2011, 17:44
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
kasbeq really adds to the discussion.kasbeq really adds to the discussion.kasbeq really adds to the discussion.kasbeq really adds to the discussion.kasbeq really adds to the discussion.kasbeq really adds to the discussion.
Points: 909, Level: 4 Points: 909, Level: 4 Points: 909, Level: 4

Swim thinks it is outrageous how much pharmaceutical companies charge for subutex when the cost of production is quite low.
The price that OP quoted is 15 times more expensive than the cost of the same amount in country where swim lives.
He understands that labour is cheaper over here ,but its not 15 times cheaper.
Old 27-01-2011, 03:53
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo

What is sad, is the junkie on the street, has no access to these life changing medications. Since I am prescribed Suboxone monthly, in Alfa's thread it is not self-incrimination.

It seems only persons who abuse their prescribed opiates with insurance have access.

If a person has to lie, steal and deal to support a habit, he will have to do the same thing to afford his doctors visits, and medication.

Suboxone should be subsidized by the U.S. Government for those who are serious about cleaning up and changing their life. Reckitt-Benckiser is on a role and they are a company that mainly sells cleaning products. I believe Suboxone and Subutex is the only pharmaceutical they market.

However, the doses are quite high. In the first week, one might need 24 - 36mg of Suboxone. Being a very strong antagonist, it acts somewhat like Naltrexone, and one detoxes more rapidly. However, once one has the DOC out of their system, that person can reduce his dose in complience with their doctor. It has truely changed my life. I am a productive member of society again, legal with little worries except finances.

Good Karma to all, and if one is interested in switching to Suboxone, I will find doctors in your area in the U.S. for you. Just PM me.

salgoud
Old 27-01-2011, 04:14
Mercury Member

Male from United States
md2020 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

**** WARNING Does this Post Make any sense to Anyone *****
My ferrets script went up 300% in 4 years - unless my Ferret can get on Medicaid for Weasels I certainly will be skipping that med...

My pit-bull certainty doe not want to bark up this tree, however.
The rise of pharmaceutical prices in the USA is a result of several things, one mainly being the lobbying power of the Pharma giants - on all levels.

I feel for those on that scam my Cat cry's about PART D Medicare whatever.

Lets not bitch about junkyard dogs and politics but the greatest wham-o is if you have a script and go visit your Chihuahua in Mexico and get a script there and pharma there they will still (depends on the Poodle at the Port of Entry ) you cross (PUN Intended)..

Will say... go back - sorry - since 9-11 things are going a Stray (now lets talk about cats)

Those Cats in the EU can tell you the USA Pharma market is a racket where you are even lied about heartworm and the need to wear flea collars in Alaska...

As I overheard Ranting Rolver Rant the other day...

Post Quality Evaluations:
Don't ramble get to the point
Unneccessary thirteenliner that doesn't add to the discussion.If you were high when you posted, it's okay, you got negative reputation for ti. But if you were sober and serious with this I beg you to seek medical attention.. of a vet, perhaps?

Share this on:

Tags
australia, buprenorphine, dilaudid, drug, generic buprenorphine, junkie, online pharmacies, pharmacies, pharmacy, suboxone, suboxone strips, subutex