Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Adderall
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 19-01-2011, 02:58
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Randomiiza is a decent psychonaut.Randomiiza is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 279, Level: 2 Points: 279, Level: 2 Points: 279, Level: 2
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%
Weed make Adderall useless medically?

My friend's mother, who was told by a 'doctor', told him that his prescribed adderall, that he is abusing, will not work medically if he has smoked weed in the last two weeks.

Will it continue to be abusable whilst being medically mute or is it the same thing?

Is there any evidence behind this? Or is it just a misunderstanding?
Old 19-01-2011, 03:10
Palladium Member

23 y/o Male from United States
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Weed make Adderall useless medically?

Well, the fact that he is abusing his script has a lot more to do with the efficacy than smoking weed. Swim knows many people who are prescribed adderall who smoke weed regularly. Swim is not prescribed adderall, but he has taken it the day after smoking weed and experienced the effects it is made for: increase in concentration, energy, and decrease in distraction. Swim is calling utter bullshit on this one.

However, abusing adderall may cause it to not work "medically", at least not in the way the docs intended. Also, swim has had negative experiences with smoking weed WHILE on adderall and would not recommend this, he finds he either does not get high or it takes away from his focus. Either way, having smoked previously is unlikely to affect it.

Last edited by EscapeDummy; 19-01-2011 at 22:28.
Old 19-01-2011, 16:08
Silver Member

Male from Canada

Yeh, I thought it was bullshit. My buddy is actually only abusing it by increasing his prescribed dose, by a lot. He is still using it for its intended purpose.

And no the question wasn't will adderall work while stoned- sorry if that confused anyone.

My only theory was possible alteration in brain chemistry but I don't really think so.

I guess I can tell hin to confront his mom and/or doctor on this, but they may have some 'facts' to support their arguement. Is there any fact to nullify their case?
Old 19-01-2011, 20:13

Strange Brew should review received reputation comments.
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Weed does indeed exacerbate the symptoms of ADHD (what Adderall is prescribed for), but I don't think weed counteracts the effects of Adderall. That is just plain absurdity.
Old 31-01-2011, 07:32

cameron77910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

SWIM takes adderall for study purposes and fun occasionally, and smokes weed on a daily basis. In his case, you doctor is flat out wrong. Adderall always does what it is supposed to do, even though he smokes all the time. He also says that even when smoking weed on Adderall, he is still able to focus just fine. He says that he feels the weed high still, but dosnt really get stoned. If that makes any sense.
Old 31-01-2011, 08:40
Mercury Member

Male from United States
Widget needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

adderall, even 10 mg daily , daily weed, and occasional acid, is an optimum combo for doing scientific research. I would not be able to get anything done if I didn't take adderall, and need weed fo medical reasons more than most people, but not having the acid hinders me more than anything, the very essence of life and being alive, not having that, makes anything you coulddo beyond that, complatly useless

Post Quality Evaluations:
self incrimination
Watch for potential self incrimination read the rules
Old 01-02-2011, 05:14

21 y/o Male from United States
stickinwoods needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

widget might want to be a little more careful self incrimination wise.
I agree, that doctor is drinking his bath water. Adderall most def. does its so called job even under the influence of the beautiful sweet plant. But I might add that IN MY DREAMS I have tried the combo very many times, under very many settings and believe its kinda useless? Think about it, weed and adderall are used for two very different reasons. You don't take adderall to chill out, relax, enjoy music, etc. At least for me I took adderall for school and studies to help me. I guess theres a recreational value to adderall to some point. But still I feel like I'm wasting both the weed and adderall when taking together cause your not getting all you can out of either. If any of that makes sense; I'm a little on edge today as I forced myself to be sober all day for the first time in over a year
Old 02-02-2011, 11:21
Silver Member

Male from Canada

The argument was marijuana smoked within two weeks, not even at the same time, as taking adderall would render it useless to a patient because of some disturbance in dopamine production. Obviously I don't believe any of that, but would someone with a knowledge of brain chemistry illustrate the absurdity of that?
Old 02-02-2011, 17:01
Silver Member

Male from United States
Valseedian is on the way upValseedian is on the way upValseedian is on the way upValseedian is on the way up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomiiza View Post
The argument was marijuana smoked within two weeks, not even at the same time, as taking adderall would render it useless to a patient because of some disturbance in dopamine production. Obviously I don't believe any of that, but would someone with a knowledge of brain chemistry illustrate the absurdity of that?
lol
adderall will cause downregulation of the dopamine synapses...

not pot.

this arguement is not only absurd, but blatantly backwards.
cannabinoids, and their associated receptor ligands have very little if anything to do with dopamine in any respect- it's creation, it's release or it's removal from the system.

any doctor willing to bold-face lie to his patients to reach an unnecessary end is not worth his weight in shit.

and if your doctor actually beleives this, then he shouldnt be a doctor, as this truth requires only the most basic knowledge of general pharmocology and neurotransmitter behavior... '101 for a doctor.
for instance, if he actually beleives this, then he has no business prescribing adderall..

Last edited by Valseedian; 02-02-2011 at 17:09.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, aderall, combinations, drug, marijuana, medical marijuana, pot, smoking marijuana, stop smoking, studying on adderall, weed, weed combinations