Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Alcohol
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Alcohol Alcohol, including absinthe, hard liquor, beer, wine, and other assorted spirits.

Old 17-01-2011, 03:03
Mercury Member

Male from United States
billy1nk needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How long does alcohol stay in your system?

SWIM is in drug court and they do urine test daily. They will not be testing tomorrow because of MLK day. Can SWIM drink alcohol tonight? SWIM has a VERY high tolerance and above average fast metabolism. SWIM read some where alcohol stays in your system up to 48 hours. SWIM will be drug tested sometime in the next 36-40 hours. Do you think SWIM will be okay to drink tonight or shouldn't risk it?
Old 17-01-2011, 03:15
Titanium Member

32 y/o Female from United States
DmTryp is captain of the psychonauts.DmTryp is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 243, Level: 2 Points: 243, Level: 2 Points: 243, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: How long does alcohol stay in your system?

It depends on the test they are doing. In some urine tests they are actually testing for the liver enzymes that break down alcohol.
Old 17-01-2011, 03:19
Mercury Member

Male from United States

SWIM is not sure how extensive their testing is. SWIM is afraid to ask. I mean if they know SWIM is trying to cheat the system they'll be watching him closely. They knew SWIM was trying to do that in rehab and though he did not fail a test somebody snitched and he got kicked out. SWIM has a Tramadol script and has been taking about ten of those at a time and saving the last 10 so he continues to test positive for it. SWIM is wondering if he can take oxys and other opiates or if they test specifically for what he takes. SWIM doesn't even like alcohol, but he's out of Tramadol... another lame high... and feels it's better than nothing. SWIM does not have a drug problem.
Old 17-01-2011, 03:34
Titanium Member

It's more than likely that a drug court will test for opiates, marijuana, PCP, and amphetamines. They might also test for alcohol, which may be detected in a urinalysis for up to 48 hours after consumption. If they test for an enzyme count, which is more expensive and so less likely, results can vary greatly from person to person.
Old 17-01-2011, 04:22
Mercury Member

Male from United States

I know they used the standard 10 panel in rehab which I think is Marijuana, Cocaine, Ecstacy, Heroin, Crack, Methamphetamines, Amphetamines, PCP (Does anyone ever test positive for that?), and two others I can't think of. Glad they don't test for psychedelics.
Old 17-01-2011, 04:37
Titanium Member

If my cat were someone who isn't you, she would play it safe and either limit her alcohol intake or forgo it just in case. However, the choice belongs entirely to SWIY. My cat would also try find out more on what they're testing for if possible to avoid future dilemmas of this nature.

My cat is happy that nearly no one tests for psychedelics. Thank goodness for that much.
Old 19-01-2011, 01:44
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

It would first depend on how much you drink. Drinking a six pack of beer takes 12 hours to eliminate it from your system. Drinking hard liquor, and still having it on your breath, you could be in trouble. My dog Buddy, can drink a six pack with no problem blowing hot.

It depends on what you drink, hard acholol may still be in ones system after 12 hours.

It also depends on what drug assay they are using. A blowing device, will usually record 0's after 12 hours.

I know in different countries they have different assay's, theerefore blowing into the Alcholol Detector, 12 hours should be enough. I'm so glad I don't have to sumbit to such a device. Alcohol is metabolized relatively quickly. It'a Metabolic pathway is: alcohol, acetaldhyde, then to CO2 and H20.

Most alcohol deterants stop the metabolic pathway at acetylaldehyde, and the is why a person turns red and gets a nasty taste in his mouth and deters one from drinking alcohol.

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 19-01-2011 at 01:52.
Old 19-01-2011, 03:33
Titanium Member

32 y/o Male from United States
Mr. Jiki is on the way upMr. Jiki is on the way upMr. Jiki is on the way upMr. Jiki is on the way up
Points: 400, Level: 3 Points: 400, Level: 3 Points: 400, Level: 3

It's the day after the holiday, so this advice might be a little too late for SWIY, but perhaps someone else can use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy1nk View Post
SWIM is in drug court and they do urine test daily. They will not be testing tomorrow because of MLK day. Can SWIM drink alcohol tonight?
First off, don't drink alcohol if SWIY's probation or drug court orders states the consumption of alcohol is prohibited. Based on the question at hand, it is, so the most logical advice is to not drink. The only way to pass this test 100% of the time is to not drink. Months/year(s) behind bars is not worth it. Can SWIY drink? yes. Should SWIY drink? Hell no.

Quote:
SWIM has a VERY high tolerance and above average fast metabolism.
Very high compared to? Has SWIY participated in published experiments where cognitive abilities were analyzed? Or perhaps a controlled wet lab experiment where SWIY was dosed to a specific BAC and was timed to see SWIY's actual elimination rate?

Puppy has seen/heard this too many times in court and usually this is not the case. The average elimination rate for the average person is 0.015 g/kg/hour (burn off rate per hour for the body, not blood), novice drinkers would elminate at 0.010 g/kg/hr and alcoholics can elminate at a rate of 0.023 g/kg/hr. Of course to maintain the 0.023 g/kg elimination rate the alcoholics have to keep drinking at that level, if they are on probation, their elimination rate would drop to the average of 0.015 g/kg.

1 drink (12 oz beer, 5 oz wine, 1.5 oz hard liqour, 12 oz wine cooler) has ~14 grams of ethanol in it, and that on average will raise a person's BAC ~0.02. of course, not knowing gender, weight, etc. we can't determine the exact BAC one would be but it's easier to average out the average person with 0.02 BAC after 1 drink. That person would eliminate most of that beverage in 1 hour if that was the only drink they consumed.

Quote:
SWIM read some where alcohol stays in your system up to 48 hours.
doubt it unless SWIY consumed ~48 drinks.

Quote:
SWIM will be drug tested sometime in the next 36-40 hours. Do you think SWIM will be okay to drink tonight or shouldn't risk it?
Again, sorry if I missed this late, I've had some other issues going on. The test that SWIY would be most worried about is the "80 hour alcohol test" or the EtG/EtS test. EtG is a bit murkier to get a conviction out of as EtG can show up from residual alcohol use (mouthwash, perfume use, hand sanitizer, cough syrups with alcohol). In vivo alcohol production from yeast with a bacterial UTI can also produce EtG...as well as metabolize EtG to eliminate it from a sample! EtS is another story, but SWIY can read that in the drug testing forum.

Again, I'm not sure if SWIY drank already and rolled the dice on the test. Will the urine test pick up EtOH from 40 hours ago? no. Will the urine test pick up EtG/EtS if the lab tests for it? A very good possibility. Please let us know how SWIY's test went whether or not SWIY decided to drink or not.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent, factual evidence. Very, very helpful. Thank you.
Old 19-01-2011, 06:23
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

I've heard from people on probation and from a lady who does the tests (but not lab work) that you want a minimum of 72 hrs after last drink to be sure you'll pass the test.

That's second hand info cus I've never been in that situation, but I heard it several times from several people, so it seems like a good rule of thumb.

Off topic, OP, your probation sucks, dude. I've never heard of anyone who got DAILY urine tests. Even people on probation for drug trafficking, only once a month. Shit, many people would say it'd be better to just do the time than go through the hassle of getting pissed everyday. Now if you have a good job or a family or something like that, I could understand but if it's just a few months in county and you got nothing big going on in your life, I'd just do the time. That's just me though.

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 19-01-2011 at 06:24. Reason: add
Old 20-01-2011, 02:55
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.

It is a drag. Leo used to test UA's at a lab here in Colorado, first job as a Chemist. People on probation went to extreme lengths to beat their UA. Alcohol metabolizes at about 1 hour per beer, hard liquor, etc. Unless they are using some "State of the Art" methodology I'm not sure why the lady said 72 hours. Seems like a long time for Alcohol.

In Colorado you can't "kill your number", here we have "Mandatory Parole". So everyone has to go through the hassle of breathalizers and random "UA's". Usually you call the UA number and they if they say your color, time to drink some water and be humiliated by havin' to piss in front of a screwball.

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 25-02-2011 at 06:11. Reason: double wording and spelling
Old 24-02-2011, 17:53
Silver Member

69 y/o Male from Netherlands
neversummer is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%

Theres an EtG/EtS alcohol test, it detects alcohol up to 80hours after use.
Old 24-02-2011, 18:41
Titanium Member

They can test for the liver enzymes that break down alcohol.
Old 25-02-2011, 00:09
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United States
junkbox is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1

SWIM has heard up to 48 hours
Old 25-02-2011, 03:58
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo

Wow, things have really changed. The main thing Leo said that changed is having to give a UA Everyday. How ricdiculous. Leo hopes your friend doesn't have to pay for them. Here, where Leo's lives you have to pay That could get rather expensive for your friend.

They don't give you a breathalizer, and a UA, or just a UA? That sounds strange. Leo's never heard of a UA a day. That really sucks. Get on antabuse, hell Leo would avoid it, but if you really want a drink, you won't to drink on antabuse. What about those swabs, they swab a persons mouth with, are they pretty accurate?

Is your friend is on a prescription med, is that OK, or does the Drug Court forbid that also?

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 25-02-2011 at 04:05. Reason: content
Old 25-02-2011, 04:21
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
shadowmanjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

While the companies that market these ETG test's claim they can detect any drinking for 80 to 100 hours. Oxford Journals has a great article on the subject that takes those claims to task titled "Sesitivity of commercial ethyl glucuronide (ETG) testing in screening for alcohol abstinence". Google Oxford ETG test as I can not post links yet.

Last edited by shadowmanjc; 25-02-2011 at 04:31. Reason: wording
Old 27-04-2011, 12:37
Silver Member

Female from United States
hippiedippytrippy is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 138, Level: 1 Points: 138, Level: 1 Points: 138, Level: 1

Two of my friends, one who is currently on probation and the other who has been in and out of jail and rehab, have told me that now they can test as far back as five days. Not that their freckled pasts make them experts or anything, but they do know a thing or two about passing and taking drug tests. They have both done quite a bit of looking into it as well, I know for a fact that the one currently on probation has talked to her P.O. about this.

Share this on:

Tags
blood drug test