Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 14-01-2011, 02:42
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Heretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,379, Level: 11 Points: 6,379, Level: 11 Points: 6,379, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Kratom and stomach problems

Last year my Monkey friend quite using kratom for a year due to spots in his stomach becoming worn into near ulcers. He was unable to eat without throwing up for some time.
When talking with the GI doc, monkey mentioned that he had been taking quite a bit of kratom via toss and wash, and the doc said it seemed like a likely culprit.
I'm wondering if anyone has had similar problems with longer-term toss and wash kratom use.
Old 14-01-2011, 06:16
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10
Re: Kratom and stomach problems

Clover has noticed considerable stomach and abdominal discomfort when using kratom chronically (upwards of 20-30 grams daily for extended periods). Clover notes that even osmotic laxatives do not fully alleviate this discomfort. He has taken to keeping his kratom use much more sporadic. The heaviest period of use was during an attempt to replace his high tramadol use with kratom. That was not a pleasant experience namely due to the stomach discomfort.

Clover has never had this checked out by a doctor, so he can't comment on any kind of ulceration. Clover has self treated ulcers with antibiotics, followed by probiotics.
Old 14-01-2011, 07:30
Palladium Member

Male from Japan
Spucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline Medline
Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
AW: Kratom and stomach problems

Once i stayed a very long Time on a tiny Island in the south of Thailand close to Myanmar,
mostly all the (male) native People chewed Kratom every Day since Childhood.

When i asked them about Side-effects all reported Stomach Problems and gastric Ulcers!

Maybe it is common when Kratom is used daily?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great addition. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Spucky; 14-01-2011 at 10:53.
Old 14-01-2011, 07:49
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Heretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumHeretic.Ape. is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,379, Level: 11 Points: 6,379, Level: 11 Points: 6,379, Level: 11

Hmm thanks. I wonder what causes the stomach problems. I figured it was simply due to spooning large quantities of powdered plant matter into his gullet every day. Did the locals eat powder or fresh leaves? I'd imagine chewing fresh leaves, which may mean another element is involved as to cause.
Anyone know more about this? Also anything that can help monkey avoid the problem while taking kratom in the future.
Old 14-01-2011, 10:56
Palladium Member

Male from Japan
Spucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline Medline
Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
AW: Kratom and stomach problems

They chewed only dried Leaves and called it "Spinat"!
Old 23-01-2011, 19:59
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.
Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

My pet minko (he's a monkey BTW) has reported some serious stomach issues when he started using it regularly. Minko thinks that Kratom must put other pet's acid production into overdrive, the symptoms as best described by Minko seem to be like a "clogging" feeling in the stomach like something is "stuck" and it also seems to make GERD worse.

My pet Minko's solution is to make sure other pets take some heartburn medication before taking Kratom, like 30 minutes before hand. Tums does not seem to relieve the uncomfortable feeling other pets can get in their tummies. Minko recommends Prilosec (Omeprazol) but this can be expensive, so Minko also will recommend Tagamet (Cimetidine) which is generally cheaper (Minko this this product actually works the best of all H2 antihistamines) plus it may potentially boost the effects of Kratom.

My monkey thinks that capsules may be a bit more gentle on the tummy vs toss n wash. That is just my monkey's opinion!
Old 24-01-2011, 07:25
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
topher is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1

Drink lots of water! Maybe try eating a little something with fat content in it before consuming kratom (yogurt, cheese, cream). Or just drink milk before and after consumption.
I have heard Tagamet can increase effects of opiates.

Share this on:

Tags
health effects, kratom, kratom effects, kratom powder, stomach issues, stomach ulcers, tagamet, toss and wash