Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Tramadol
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 22:23
Mercury Member

Male from United States
billy1nk needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How many Tramadol = an Oxy?

How many 50 mg Tramadol does SWIY have to eat to equal an Oxycontin 80, done orally as well?
Old 11-01-2011, 17:07
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10
Re: How many Tramadol = an Oxy?

None. Clover says the two are not equivalent. Tramadol is a different drug. It's a prodrug and it has multiple active metabolites which act on a variety of receptor systems. Oxycodone is a more classical opioid with a lot of mu receptor activity, which gives it a lot of opiate-euphoria. Tramadol just isn't really comparable.

Clover tells me that increasing doses of tramadol beyond a couple hundred mg is likely to only increase side effects such as headaches and risk for seizures.
Old 11-01-2011, 17:56
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
sitch bailer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1

A guy i know thinks maybe 3 of them would be somewhere around the effect of a hydrocodone 10. Although different qualitatively, still decent in high.
Old 14-01-2011, 01:28
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

My friend took 14 50mg Tramadol's and had a terrible seizure. Tramadol will help with a hydrocodone withdrawal, but an 80mg Oxycontin habit is a little different.

There is no comparison as far as the euphoria. Be careful, my friends doctor prescribed him 240 50mg a month. So that is 8 a day. 400mg is a good place to stop. Anymore and you could be risking a seizure. Tramadol is as addicting as hydrocodone and other opiates, just takes a little longer to kick being that it takes 4 hours to metabolize into the M1 metabolite. Since it lasts longer, takes longer to kick.

salgoud
Old 19-01-2011, 19:23

33 y/o Male from United States
jasmiley69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

trams are one of my friends pet kitty's fav drug he has a high tolerance. to other opiate.drugs but 8-10 trams gets that lil kitty cat high and without withdraw where 4or5 hydro 10s only help for a few hrs plus since its not controlled drs are not afraid to write them
Old 20-01-2011, 16:08
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.

Don't be surprise if Tramadol is controlled soon. The FDA didn't control it to see the data on addiction rates to Tramadol.

Just like Immodium was a Schedule V when it first came out, they can raise the Schedule or reduce the Schedule according to addiction risk factors.

Doctors are scrutinized by the DEA quite often when the red flag goes up. With Tramadol, they don't care about the amount of scripts they write, because they are under the umbrella.

However a few States have controlled it.

Because of Tramadol's slight antagonist effect, there is no way to compare it to Oxy's, a semi-synthetic opiate.

Don't want to get off topic, so I better close my mouth at the moment. I just get worked up, because a girl I know got on Methadone for Tramadol withdrawals.

salgoud
Old 28-02-2011, 18:23
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

My fiend took 7 x 50mg of tramadol and 7 x 10mg of hydroxyzine and it was a HORRIBLE "buzz". 70mg of hydroxyzine is nothing but it would help potentiate the tramadol as well as help with higher M1 metabolization (at least i thinkthat's the case).

Anyway, my fiend has HUGE tolerance so 7 x 50mg of tramadol probably wouldn't even take away a rattle but that and the hydroxyzine it gave him a horrible feeling, it wasn't an opiate feeling and apparently hydroxyzine has negligible anti-cholinergic activity so it might not have been that. Perhaps that and the tramadol combined caused an anticholinergic effect hence the horrible "buzz".

Anyway, as far as my fiend is concerned tramadol is a HORRIBLE drug, it has more in common with venlafaxine than any opioid, that there should tell you something. It's a "weak opioid agonist" and it has NO comparsion to other real opiates/opioids in my fiends opinion.

Now everyone and their dog gets them prescribed (and i am not just saying that, i literally mean they are prescribing them to dogs, i know since my dog gets them) and they are going to end up causing "SSRI discontinuation syndrome" and mild but still highly unpleasant opioid withdrawal, in fact i would wager that the withdrawal someone may get from tramadol is more likely to be SSRI discontinuation syndrome symptoms, or at least that will play a large part in it, other than that, since it's a weak opioid agonist i don't think the withdrawal compares to that of a real opioid.

Old 28-02-2011, 20:46
Titanium Member

Male from Finland
Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solinari View Post
My fiend took 7 x 50mg of tramadol and 7 x 10mg of hydroxyzine and it was a HORRIBLE "buzz". 70mg of hydroxyzine is nothing but it would help potentiate the tramadol as well as help with higher M1 metabolization (at least i thinkthat's the case).
Could SWIY explain the reasoning behind this? SWIM has never heard of anything to that effect.

Tramadol experience seems to greatly vary between users. SWIM gets a very good and long lasting opioid buzz from 200-300mgs of slow release tramadol (slow release tramadol here is sold by "Grünenthal GmbH" as "Tramadol Retard" ). SWIM actually would prefer 300mgs of slow realease tramadol over 20mgs of oxycodone because of the longer duration of action and more noddyness (is that even a word?). SWIM, however, does not have opioid tolerance, except for some basic tolerance acquired by taking opioids approximately once every two weeks for a couple of years.
Old 28-02-2011, 21:09
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo

Tramadol is a very good anti-depressent, due to it' SSRI activity. Only one doesnt' need to take week.

There is no equivalent to Oxy 80's and Ultram. They are like Darvon and Morphien, no comparison.

Taing five is Leo's cutoff dose. He will not take any more that that. Wait 4 hours and see how you feel after the desmethyltramadol kicks in.

If no europhiea or othe effects, through it down the toilet.

Advice, salgoud
Old 02-03-2011, 13:02
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petri6 View Post
Could SWIY explain the reasoning behind this? SWIM has never heard of anything to that effect.
Well, i say that because on the Wikipedia article for hydroxyzine (i know it's not
THEE best source but it is good enough for me) it states;

"Hydroxyzine is both an antihistamine and anxiolytic (see below) and its use as a mild tranquilizer is especially common in dentistry and it retains some popularity in obstetrics, where for many years it was especially preferred for its ability to boost the effectiveness of opioids as well as permit later use of scopolamine or benzodiazepines better than other drugs might."

So i suspect it may boost the effectiveness of opioids either through a potentiating effect via CNS depression and/or inhibit the enzymes responsible for the metabolization of many drugs including tramadol. This is a guess on may part, it may simply be a case mutual potentiating via CNS depression, i am sure that does happen but i also think it may inhibit the liver enzyme to allow for a higher M1 metabolization in the same way grape fruit juice can potentiate codeine (for morphine conversion in the liver).

I don't know though and i made that clear by saying "i think" so it's just a guess on part. I would also say that cyclizine is in the same category of antihistamines as hydroxyzine. Cyclizine is used in combination with dipipanone because it boosts the effects of opioids in the same way hydroxyzine.
Old 03-03-2011, 17:29
Titanium Member

Male from Finland
Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%

Yes, hydroxyzine and cyclizine boost opioids by adding sedation. However, hydroxyzine actually appears to affect the conversion of tramadol to O-desmethyltramadol (M1) negatively because i'ts a CYP2D6-inhibitor. That information was taken from Fimea's, which is the national contolling authority for medicines in Finland, website under the product information for Atarax.

Post Quality Evaluations:
This is a very important fact; thanks for posting it.
Old 20-02-2014, 16:45
Titanium Member

32 y/o Male from Netherlands
Gryzor is captain of the psychonauts.Gryzor is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 279, Level: 2 Points: 279, Level: 2 Points: 279, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petri6 View Post
Yes, hydroxyzine and cyclizine boost opioids by adding sedation. However, hydroxyzine actually appears to affect the conversion of tramadol to O-desmethyltramadol (M1) negatively because i'ts a CYP2D6-inhibitor. That information was taken from Fimea's, which is the national contolling authority for medicines in Finland, website under the product information for Atarax.
Diphenhydramine and a lot of known potentiators also need CYP2D6 to be metabolised so I never got why people take antihistamines BEFORE opioids particularly Tramadol as its so dependent on metabolism. Taking them with the last pill of a pyramid type dose is what i believe works. Cyclizine may work if taken beforehand as i think it it uses a different route metabolised via CYP2C19.

Last edited by Gryzor; 20-02-2014 at 16:54. Reason: spelling
Old 06-03-2014, 19:43
Silver Member

Female from United States
camaro600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

Wow! I must be missing something. Tramadol at ANY dosage never did anything for me. And I'm quite sure they are not in the same category, even vicinity of Oxy's. I've got a bottle of about 100 Trams in my old meds bag. Maybe I need to dig them out and try again.
Old 06-03-2014, 20:13
Banned

34 y/o Male from United States
CannabisBenzoBuddie should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%

You would put your self in the hospital with a grand mal seziure trying too equal dose-sages of tramadol to 80mg of oxy...

Heed the warnings in this thread and do not attempt Equalizing Tramadol with any other Pain killer. Its IMPOSSIBLE..

Anyone whos on 80mg of oxy anyway Tramadol would do NOTHING even in the highest possible ammount just before killing your self.. IT would produce NO effect to someone used to 80mg oxy..

You would however die really anti-depressed

So in the efforts of harm reductions i again strongly urge you to heed the above warnings from the rest of the community and do not attempt .. and in fact if you have no medical use for tramadol don't even go down that road.. Im sure you can find any number of horror storys from people trying to w/d from the sNri effects after long term high dose or even just long term use.. Its not pretty. Far worse then just plain opiate/d w/d.
Old 06-03-2014, 20:36
Palladium Member

64 y/o Male from United States
scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.
Points: 1,395, Level: 5 Points: 1,395, Level: 5 Points: 1,395, Level: 5
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmiley69 View Post
but 8-10 trams gets that lil kitty cat high and without withdraw
Perhaps you haven't experienced Tramadol withdrawal, but this is bad information. As CBB said above (^^^^), Tramadol definitely has a withdrawal profile the should scare you into moderation.

It has to do with Tramadol's SNRI/SSRI anti-depressant component. When you "jump off", your brain will be dealing with the withdrawal of what amounts to two types of drugs. An opioid and an anti-depressant.

Search the Forum and you'll see many horror stories about Tramadol withdrawals.

Last edited by scartissue_68; 06-03-2014 at 20:38. Reason: including facts from earlier post.
Old 06-03-2014, 20:46
Mercury Member

Male from Ireland
Cone Master needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scartissue_68 View Post
Perhaps you haven't experienced Tramadol withdrawal, but this is bad information. As CBB said above (^^^^), Tramadol definitely has a withdrawal profile the should scare you into moderation.

It has to do with Tramadol's SNRI/SSRI anti-depressant component. When you "jump off", your brain will be dealing with the withdrawal of what amounts to two types of drugs. An opioid and an anti-depressant.

Search the Forum and you'll see many horror stories about Tramadol withdrawals.
Damn Straight bro Tramadol Is Pure Evil..So many people abuse it Thinking They Will Get The H Buzz When all there doing is Destroying There Internal Organs and Messing Themselves up For life.

Share this on:

Tags
hydroxyzine, tramadol, tramadol abuse