Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Hydrocodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-01-2011, 22:27
Kalendren Kalendren is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 08-10-2009
31 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 82
Kalendren is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Watson vs Qualitest?

My dog just had surgery and was prescribed hydrocodone. His first script was Qualitest generic and worked fine for him. When he went in for his second refill, it was Watson. Both of these are from the same pharmacy and both are legit.

My question is, which is the best for my dog? What will give my dog the most relief? Watson or Qualitest? Should the dog request Qualitest next time instead of Watson? The dog is very confused at why he got different meds. He'll take them, but he really wants to know about the potency of the Watsons.

He has one refill left and really wants to know before he gets it filled again.

Also, dog loves his Qualitest Clonazepam. Thats why he was happy to see that his hydro was also Qualitest.

Last edited by Kalendren; 06-01-2011 at 22:31. Reason: Left out info
  #2  
Old 06-01-2011, 23:14
Moving Pictures Moving Pictures is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 04-02-2010
25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Posts: 2,909
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: Watson vs Qualitest?

There should be no difference in between brands. My friend has had virtually every time of hydrocodone/apap pill, including brand Vicodin and Lortab, and never noticed a difference in any of them. The only difference is in the mgs, not the brand. People that sell pills try to sell brand names ones for more because "they're stronger" but that is total bullshit. If you pay extra for bran name (when buying illegally, not at the pharmacy), you're throwing away money.
  #3  
Old 06-01-2011, 23:29
Kalendren Kalendren is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 08-10-2009
31 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 82
Kalendren is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Watson vs Qualitest?

Both were generics. The dog just wondered if Qualitest was a better generic than Watson. If they're both the same, great. The dog's all set and paid a cheaper price. The Watsons were also much cheaper and the dog's insurance paid more on the Watsons than it did on the Qualitest., which worried him more. Happy to hear from someone though.
  #4  
Old 07-01-2011, 00:12
SmaLLtown SmaLLtown is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 03-07-2009
31 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 91
SmaLLtown is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Watson vs Qualitest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingPictures View Post
There should be no difference in between brands. My friend has had virtually every time of hydrocodone/apap pill, including brand Vicodin and Lortab, and never noticed a difference in any of them. The only difference is in the mgs, not the brand. People that sell pills try to sell brand names ones for more because "they're stronger" but that is total bullshit. If you pay extra for bran name (when buying illegally, not at the pharmacy), you're throwing away money.
There can be differences in generic brands. It's really not BS. Some can be slightly stronger than others. Here's a excerpt from an article to support my claims:

Janicak explained that Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements around bioequivalence of generic products are fairly strict: a generic must have between 80 percent and 125 percent bioequivalency to its name-brand product—a window of 20 percent less or 25 percent greater potency.

“Generally, that kind of variation is not going to make a difference in terms of efficacy or toxicity,” Janicak said. “But imagine a large pharmacy that negotiates with different generic manufacturers and buys a generic formulation from one manufacturer that has 80 percent bioequivalency to the name brand. Then imagine the pharmacy switches manufacturers to one that markets a generic that has 125 percent bioequivalency.

“That's a 45 percent difference in bioequivalency that theoretically can make a significant difference for the patient,” he explained.“ If it's a downward shift, it could affect efficacy; if it's an upward shift, it could affect toxicity.”

SmaLLtown added 5 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalendren View Post
Both were generics. The dog just wondered if Qualitest was a better generic than Watson. If they're both the same, great. The dog's all set and paid a cheaper price. The Watsons were also much cheaper and the dog's insurance paid more on the Watsons than it did on the Qualitest., which worried him more. Happy to hear from someone though.

Swim has had a lot of experience with both brands. Watson seems to be the most liked generic as far as hydrocodone is concerned. However, Qualitest brand hydrocodone, especially the pink 3600's (10/500)-Lortab generics are very popular, and seem to be right on par with the Watson brand. In swim's opinion both are solid choices. If Swim had to choose, he would choose the Watson yellow 853 norco (10/325) for the lower amount of apap. Hope this helps.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Interesting/imformative article. Please link to the souce. Thanks!
Very useful information. Thanks
Thank you for writing this, this is absolutely correct. I know from personal experience as well as research, that the different brands work differently for me. Some are completely ineffective when I take them

Last edited by SmaLLtown; 07-01-2011 at 00:16. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #5  
Old 07-01-2011, 00:18
Moving Pictures Moving Pictures is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 04-02-2010
25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Posts: 2,909
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: Watson vs Qualitest?

^^Hmm, I did not know that. Let me rephrase it then, my friend doesn't notice any difference in the different brands. Look at it like this, if you had a 10 mg hydrocodone and according to that article, it could have anywhere between 8 and 12.5 mgs of hydrocodone. Would anyone really notice the difference between 2 mg less or 2.5 mg more? I doubt it.

But to the question at hand, unless these brands straight out said "our product has X mgs more or less than the brand name" there is no way to tell which is better and any discussion would just be pure specualtion. One person might say the watsons are the best and another say the qualitest are the best and yet another may say mallinckrodt is the best.

As I said, without facts, all we would be doing is speculating.

Oh, Smalltown, you should upload that article to the document archives. It would be of intrest to many people and be a good source for people to back up their statements.
  #6  
Old 07-01-2011, 00:29
SmaLLtown SmaLLtown is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 03-07-2009
31 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 91
SmaLLtown is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Watson vs Qualitest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingPictures View Post
^^Hmm, I did not know that. Let me rephrase it then, my friend doesn't notice any difference in the different brands. Look at it like this, if you had a 10 mg hydrocodone and according to that article, it could have anywhere between 8 and 12.5 mgs of hydrocodone. Would anyone really notice the difference between 2 mg less or 2.5 mg more? I doubt it.

But to the question at hand, unless these brands straight out said "our product has X mgs more or less than the brand name" there is no way to tell which is better and any discussion would just be pure specualtion. One person might say the watsons are the best and another say the qualitest are the best and yet another may say mallinckrodt is the best.

As I said, without facts, all we would be doing is speculating.

Oh, Smalltown, you should upload that article to the document archives. It would be of intrest to many people and be a good source for people to back up their statements.
Will do. Yea, it's a popularity contest. The mallinckrodt brand(M367) are the least popular. People swear that the Qualitest and Watson brands are stronger. These people are taking anywhere from 2-6 pills at a time which might make a slight difference if one brand is say 120% vs 85% potency. You make some good points however.
  #7  
Old 08-01-2011, 05:44
fuzelogic fuzelogic is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 11-03-2009
36 y/o Male from Uzbekistan
Posts: 253
fuzelogic is captain of the psychonauts.fuzelogic is captain of the psychonauts.fuzelogic is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 663, Level: 4 Points: 663, Level: 4 Points: 663, Level: 4
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Re: Watson vs Qualitest?

SWIM noticed better pain management from the brand hydro compared to generic.

The ones with a V on them worked better for SWIM and they lasted about 1 - 1 1/2 hours longer than the generic.

This was not just placebo effect either.
  #8  
Old 11-01-2011, 15:36
TooFastTim TooFastTim is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 11-01-2011
33 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 281
TooFastTim is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Watson vs Qualitest?

TIM gets both from time to time at a local name brand pharmacy. And has only noticed the Watson 10/325 being a bit more expensive. With little or no difference in TIMS reaction to the medication. In fact the bottle I received this month had a few of the qual in the mix
  #9  
Old 12-01-2011, 16:38
Kalendren Kalendren is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 08-10-2009
31 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 82
Kalendren is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Watson vs Qualitest?

For my dog, the Watson only cost him $3. The Qualitest cost $9 for 10 pills. He got 30 pills for $3 from Watson. So he guesses its worth it if the quality is a little less. But lately as he's been taking them, he hasn't noticed too much difference. In fact, he thinks he likes the Watson's better.
  #10  
Old 07-06-2011, 05:42
kimber8368 kimber8368 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 05-06-2011
Male from United States
Posts: 7
kimber8368 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Watson vs Qualitest?

Actully the FDA mandates the amount of narcotic has to be the same across the board. However when speaking of the bio or the way your body absorbs the chemicals it can be between 80-125%. The differance is usually the binders in the pill and yes some peolpe do get better results from differant brands but only because of the binders or filling material.
  #11  
Old 20-07-2011, 03:45
cpalka cpalka is offline
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.
 
Join Date: 23-06-2010
32 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 14
cpalka is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Watson vs Qualitest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmaLLtown View Post
There can be differences in generic brands. It's really not BS. Some can be slightly stronger than others. Here's a excerpt from an article to support my claims:

Janicak explained that Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements around bioequivalence of generic products are fairly strict: a generic must have between 80 percent and 125 percent bioequivalency to its name-brand product—a window of 20 percent less or 25 percent greater potency.

“Generally, that kind of variation is not going to make a difference in terms of efficacy or toxicity,” Janicak said. “But imagine a large pharmacy that negotiates with different generic manufacturers and buys a generic formulation from one manufacturer that has 80 percent bioequivalency to the name brand. Then imagine the pharmacy switches manufacturers to one that markets a generic that has 125 percent bioequivalency.

“That's a 45 percent difference in bioequivalency that theoretically can make a significant difference for the patient,” he explained.“ If it's a downward shift, it could affect efficacy; if it's an upward shift, it could affect toxicity.”

SmaLLtown added 5 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...




Swim has had a lot of experience with both brands. Watson seems to be the most liked generic as far as hydrocodone is concerned. However, Qualitest brand hydrocodone, especially the pink 3600's (10/500)-Lortab generics are very popular, and seem to be right on par with the Watson brand. In swim's opinion both are solid choices. If Swim had to choose, he would choose the Watson yellow 853 norco (10/325) for the lower amount of apap. Hope this helps.

i agree 100% couldnt have said it better myself

listen to this man!

cpalka added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

i dunno which brand it is, but the 10/325 that say IP110 on them are the worst, i cant feel them for shiet!

Last edited by cpalka; 20-07-2011 at 03:45. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #12  
Old 31-10-2011, 22:39
Donalddan Donalddan is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 23-12-2009
Male from United States
Posts: 5
Donalddan should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Watson vs Qualitest?

what pharmacies give qualfest or Watson generic in ['Sac Ca'] area

Co-Mod Edit: off topic content removed, post modified for clarity

Last edited by Gradient; 13-11-2011 at 03:32. Reason: off topic content removed
  #13  
Old 25-11-2011, 00:46
Mrvicodin Mrvicodin is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 23-11-2011
51 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 4
Mrvicodin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Watson vs Qualitest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalendren View Post
My dog just had surgery and was prescribed hydrocodone. His first script was Qualitest generic and worked fine for him. When he went in for his second refill, it was Watson. Both of these are from the same pharmacy and both are legit.

My question is, which is the best for my dog? What will give my dog the most relief? Watson or Qualitest? Should the dog request Qualitest next time instead of Watson? The dog is very confused at why he got different meds. He'll take them, but he really wants to know about the potency of the Watsons.

He has one refill left and really wants to know before he gets it filled again.

Also, dog loves his Qualitest Clonazepam. Thats why he was happy to see that his hydro was also Qualitest.
Gee, I have never seen a site with such strict rules. I guess my normal arrogent style won't do.

Anyway, I think you will find that the exact opposite is true. Qualitest is a total joke. Compared to Watson, is like comparing a dollar burger with one you got at the room service at a major hotel, for 28 bucks! Reallly. Every month, I spend an extra three hours, taking the bus from my doctor to a pharmacy that has Watson. And, they have the Watson, because I insisted, and also a group of several Watson lovers backed me up. Notice how I use "I" because I am talking about a totally legal subject, so please don't remove this.

Ok, so this forum demands explaination, so here goes. The Watson offers something that the others do not, and that is an almost instant dissolving in liquid. Be that Stomach content, or water for a uh "Different" method of administration. Your Qualitest is the worse in terms of time to begin working. Mallinkrot is certainly no joy either.

Also, the quality of the Acetiminaphen used in the Watson is far superior, as is the no-chalky finish. I have much less side effects with Watson. The smooth finish makes them a bit easier to swallow, and you don't get the chalky fingers that you do with other brands. Watson are so good, that they are in fact even better than the Brand-name Vicodins, which are of course over twice the price.
Much quicker acting, easier to take, less side effects. Watson are the only way to go, even if you are taking a bus to get them. Those of you with cars, I cannot imagine going to any pharmacy that does not carry Watsons. Ha ha, I once even called the Watson Lab factory, just to compliment them. And No, I don't work for them or have any financial interest. They simply are the best, by a very large margin.
  #14  
Old 17-09-2012, 23:03
Knephew Knephew is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 17-09-2012
Female from United States
Posts: 1
Knephew is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Watson vs Qualitest?

I disagree that these 2 drug brands are the same watson vs qualitest. I had an allergic reaction to the watson pills But not the qualitest.

Share this on:

Tags
analgesic, apap, dihydrocodeinone, generics v brand, narcotic, opioid, toxicity, vicodin es

Thread Tools



Sitelinks: Information:

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:57.


Copyright: SIN Foundation 2003 - 2014, All rights reserved