Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

The euphoric body Physical sides of drug use.

Old 02-01-2011, 19:53
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from France
frost458 is captain of the psychonauts.frost458 is captain of the psychonauts.frost458 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 714, Level: 4 Points: 714, Level: 4 Points: 714, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
drugs that make you cry

hi,

that may sounds weird, but swim like to be sad, swim like to cry.
swim wants to feel the same sadness as when someone he loves die.

he has done coutless search over the internet but wasn't able to find anything.
do you know anything that could give swim this feeling?

thanks

Post Quality Evaluations:
fascinating question.
Old 02-01-2011, 20:13
Titanium Member

31 y/o Male from United States
mr op8 is captain of the psychonauts.mr op8 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 342, Level: 2 Points: 342, Level: 2 Points: 342, Level: 2
Re: drugs that make you cry

It's really weird, but on several occasions, SWIM has cried on Ritalin. Not every time SWIM uses Ritalin, of course. But, if SWIM is coming up on some Ritalin and then sees something sad on TV, for example, he will be much more likely to cry.

And this is really against SWIM's personality -- he is male, and typically crying at some TV show would be the last thing he would do -- he rarely cries in general. So it has definitely been a result of the Ritalin on the occasions when it has happened.
Old 02-01-2011, 20:20
Banned

Male from United States
SlightlyBitter is on the way upSlightlyBitter is on the way upSlightlyBitter is on the way up

Last edited by SlightlyBitter; 20-08-2012 at 01:53.
Old 02-01-2011, 20:22
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male from United States
Probing Tranquility is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2

Alcohol makes some people very emotional, Crono knows some people who get a few drinks in them and they start sobbing and talking about how their life is horrible. Crono has also seen people cry the day after a hard night of rolling or during a very introspective trip where they deal with some hard emotional stuff. He wouldn't recommend tripping to cry though because no one wants to go through a bad trip.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good advice about not trying to cry while you trip. Bad idea.
Very supportive kind words. Thank you.
Aprove, Alcohol promotes emotions
Old 02-01-2011, 20:29
Titanium Member

31 y/o Male from United States
mr op8 is captain of the psychonauts.mr op8 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 342, Level: 2 Points: 342, Level: 2 Points: 342, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyBitter View Post
My rat has cried on lsd, but he wasnt sad. They were tears of joy!

Withdrawal from substances often causes crying.
Ha! Yeah, withdrawal from opiates really does make one cry, physically. Any opiate addict knows the watery eyes that are part of withdrawal...

But anyway, to answer the OP's question more seriously... Ritalin made SWIM cry a few odd times, but as a general answer, SWIM would bet on a heavy psychedelic as most likely to induce crying... shrooms, LSD, peyote, DMT... they may be tears of joy like the previous poster, or quite the opposite....
Old 02-01-2011, 20:45

23 y/o Male from United States
TicksAndLeaches is a decent psychonaut.

From an experience through lucid dreaming a bug AFOAF met said after he smoked salvia and the trip ended, he started crying a little because it was such an intense experience, like nothing he has ever experienced before. But SWIM kind of understands SWIY about the sadness thing, when he and his gf broke up he was sad but almost enjoyed it since it was a prime example of real human emotion.

Sometimes the best time for contemplation is with good music and maybe a lil bit of weed, but the music is key, whatever SWIY likes but makes emotional. Some good examples for SWIM are Rachmaninoffs Second Piano Concerto, Chopin's Nocturne no. 2, Mozarts piano sonata no. 12 adagio, almost any minor key classical piece will do. Some funeral doom or black metal is also good if the floats SWIYS boat, along with the classic soul singers like otis redding, the temptations, and Marvin Gaye. Music allows us to feel raw emotion in any state so I suggest this for SWIY.
Old 02-01-2011, 20:53
Mersann Mersann is nu online
About DF,Various & German
Co-Moderator

Male from Earth
Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.
Points: 2,196, Level: 7 Points: 2,196, Level: 7 Points: 2,196, Level: 7
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

The RC guy's low dose Butylone experience which I also wrote a trip report about on this forum made the RC guy melancholic. Most people say it's quite dysphoric, but I do not know whether they feel the same kind of dysphoria RC guy feels, and RC guy would have to retry at a higher dosage to see what happens (dosage increase won't happen for him, though).

Whether that makes it good for crying, I do not know.
Old 02-01-2011, 21:02
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,482, Level: 19 Points: 18,482, Level: 19 Points: 18,482, Level: 19
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Anyways, terribly heart wrenching movies and a dose of psychedelic? Maybe watch some animal abuse documentaries, or better yet those charities ads for donations?

A friend of mine once wrote a spell for increasing misery that mostly involved meditating on the worst parts of past relationships. Might be good for a sob or two.

Precise application of a surgical 2x4 by one's trustworthy lab assistant should do the trick if tears aren't coming easily.

But as for a drug that has the action of making one cry, not really any out there.

I guess one COULD ask the Lady of the Sage to teach them about sadness, but that's a heafty request and it seems like one She will honor in with all Her might, one should understand this would be a damn serious request of Salvia divinorum and one not to be taken lightly. Such a tripp could easily have long lasting psychological repercussions. While I have no solid evidence, I wouldn't be surprised if one could trigger chronic depression through such an experience. I've seen a few case reports where people have called down "bad spirits" while tripping and felt lingering effects weeks later, it took a lot of work for them to get back to baseline.

Tent revivals and other charismatic christian sects use crying as part of their initiation, breaking people down till they burst into tears, they open their emotions up and in doing so, are ripe for imprint. There is an excellent book that covers this topic called Rightous; Dispatches from the Evangelical Youth Movement. I think this should be read, along side of Robert Anton Wilson's Illuminatus Papers so that an understanding of the models of imprints is understood. This sort of tripp could become quite profound, one needs to think these things through and understand what exactly they want out of this. One can heal themselves like this, they can change the direction of their life, impassion themselves to a new mission, or they could wreck terrible havoc on themselves.

This is certainly not some holiday game, but a potent formula.

Last edited by Potter; 03-01-2011 at 03:00.
Old 02-01-2011, 21:18

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Pondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,048, Level: 9 Points: 4,048, Level: 9 Points: 4,048, Level: 9
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Some drugs can heighten emotions, but I don't know of any that will generate the emotion out of thin air.

I know someone who can become emotional on GHB, but I wouldn't say that GHB would "make someone cry". It's more that it makes the existing emotion more intense, so you can tear up over things that wouldn't normally affect you.
Old 02-01-2011, 22:27
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from France
frost458 is captain of the psychonauts.frost458 is captain of the psychonauts.frost458 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 714, Level: 4 Points: 714, Level: 4 Points: 714, Level: 4

well, for alcohol, it makes SWIN really happy, and i don't just mean laff, alcohol makes hims happy inside each times, like if every goals of his life had been fullfiled.

SWIM like that, but he also like the oposite.

swin found this on the internet, and it would describe perfectly his needs :

Quote:
Earlier I was quite upset about stuff and crying, and while it felt bad, it also felt kinda good to feel like that when I couldn't fix my problem. I still can't fix it, but I'm not so 'upset' anymore. More of just unhappy if it makes any sense at all. I'm just sitting here, not liking my situation and it feels worse. It's hard to explain
SWIM can achieve real tear of sadness without any drugs, he just listen to very sad piano song, alone, in the dark, watch very sad image from "4chan's baww thread", like children crying in front of their parent's coffin coming back from irak, and tells himself that he'll never achieve anything, he's worthless, and so on.
at first there is just tears, then SWIM cannot control it's breathing, and then SWIM cannot control anything anymore.

but, this require concentration, SWIN would like to just take a pill, and cry for hours

ritalin should then be able to help SWIM to concentrate
Old 02-01-2011, 23:39

38 y/o Male from United States
El Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPACEl Calico Loco must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,468, Level: 7 Points: 2,468, Level: 7 Points: 2,468, Level: 7

DOI can sometimes make one maudlin. Cally's experienced it herself, plus read a few tales by others.

ECL
Old 14-01-2011, 02:26
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Nanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,723, Level: 7 Points: 2,723, Level: 7 Points: 2,723, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Swim is confused. Does swiy want happy tears or sad tears? Like in the previous posts im gonna have to say an 1/8th of boomers would do the trick

purelyscientific added 3 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Without any drug this one video I saw on the web could make anyone cry even a grown man. Its called 3 guys 1 hammer. It was the most disgusting thing i have ever seen. If you want to cry this will deffenatly help. just type it in a search engine and the vid should come up.

Last edited by Nanashi; 08-08-2011 at 03:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-01-2011, 02:38
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

Large doses of alcohol and benzos make my friend very emotional and often result in crying. But no, there is no drug that will make you cry. Well, there are drugs that makes your tear ducts produce tears but an actually sad cry, no, no drug will specifically do that.

You could get yourself strung out on heroin and the inject a huge dose of naloxone then drop a very heavy object on your foot. You will be depressed and you will cry.

It might be more hassle than it's worth, though.
Old 14-01-2011, 03:44

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,482, Level: 19 Points: 18,482, Level: 19 Points: 18,482, Level: 19
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

MovingPictures: You know that large doses of benzos and alcohol also lead to blackouts and ODs. Not something that should be recommended lightly
Old 14-01-2011, 04:02

29 y/o Male from United States
Staplez is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Develop an opiate addiction, use for a year or so, you'll supress all your emotions. When you stop using, you get that emotional sadness you're talking about. It's the only thing I've ever cried about and I'm not an emotional person.
Old 14-01-2011, 04:32
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
MovingPictures: You know that large doses of benzos and alcohol also lead to blackouts and ODs. Not something that should be recommended lightly
Oh I wasn't recomending anyone do that. I was just relating my friend's experience with them. Of course, they are two dangerous substances used in large doses on their own but in combination, they are far more dangerous and can be lethal.

I was simply stating a drug combination that often makes my friend cry. No one else should try it.

I stand by my precipatated opiate withdrawal/droping heavy object on foot combination though.
Old 14-01-2011, 04:56

30 y/o Male from Earth
g666d probably knows what they are talking about.g666d probably knows what they are talking about.g666d probably knows what they are talking about.g666d probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 921, Level: 4 Points: 921, Level: 4 Points: 921, Level: 4

don't try and get withdrawal... it is not sadness it is misery, disgust.

swim had hospital hydromorphine and it made him cry, but he thinks for OP a good dose of LSD may be helpful
Old 14-01-2011, 04:57
Silver Member

Male from Australia
Midnite_Maniak is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1

Diphenhydramine will make swiy cry. Probably from insanity though swiy will be crying!
Old 14-01-2011, 05:33
Gold Member

Male from United States
RealGanjaMan probably knows what they are talking about.RealGanjaMan probably knows what they are talking about.RealGanjaMan probably knows what they are talking about.RealGanjaMan probably knows what they are talking about.RealGanjaMan probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,049, Level: 4 Points: 1,049, Level: 4 Points: 1,049, Level: 4

Usually the ones that either bring clarity / self-reflection (LSD), or on the other end of the spectrum, the ones that bring empathy (MDMA).

And of course, mostly when used in terribly inappropriate situations, alcohol.
Old 18-01-2011, 00:33
is not his mind

Male from Earth
NeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,117, Level: 21 Points: 21,117, Level: 21 Points: 21,117, Level: 21
Activity: 9.9% Activity: 9.9% Activity: 9.9%

Haloperidol and other antipsychotics. Blockade of dopaminergic neurotransmission.

Antipsychotic drug-induced dysphoria
Quote:
Antipsychotic drug-induced dysphoria

DJ King, M Burke and RA Lucas
Department of Therapeutics and Pharmacology, Queen's University of Belfast.
BACKGROUND: Dysphoric reactions to antipsychotic medication are well recognised in association with akathisia, but can also occur independently. METHOD: Fifty-one healthy volunteers were given haloperidol 5 mg in two consecutive pharmacokinetic studies. RESULTS: Dysphoria occurred in about 40% of the subjects on both occasions, but akathisia was only detected in 8% (first study) and 16% (second study). All adverse effects were transient and were abolished in nine of the ten subjects given procyclidine. CONCLUSIONS: While dysphoria is a well- recognized reaction in healthy volunteers, it is probably insufficiently recognised in patients, particularly if it occurs in the absence of akathisia. Better detection could improve compliance in patients.
Salvia Divinorum, as Potter mentioned. Activation of κ-Opioid Rc's.

The Dysphoric Component of Stress Is Encoded by Activation of the Dynorphin k-Opioid System

Quote:
Charles Chavkin Pharmacology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA

Sustained stressful experience can induce despair and increase the risk of clinical depression and drug abuse. We found that repeated exposure of mice to stress (forced swim or social-defeat) activated the dynorphin-kappa opioid receptor system to produce analgesia, immobility, sensitization of the reward system to cocaine, and reinstatement of extinguished cocaine-place preference. The cellular and molecular basis of these responses were described in a series of studies demonstrating that chronic stress evoked CRF/Urocortin release and subsequent CRF-R2 receptor mediated dynorphin release. Surprisingly, aversion caused by stress and CRF were blocked by disruption of the dynorphin kappa opioid system. Dynorphin-induced dysphoria was found to be mediated by p38 MAPK activated through a GRK3/arrestin dependent mechanism. Stress-induced release of dynorphin activates kappa receptors broadly in brain. In particular, repeated stress caused activation of both KOR and p38 MAPK co-expressed in GABAergic neurons. The p38 inhibitor SB203580 selectively blocked dynorphin-induced aversion. The convergence of stress-induced aversion on the dynorphin system was unexpected and implicates dynorphin activation of p38 MAPK signaling as a key component mediating the aversive properties of stress.
The latter might be much too short lived of an experience to achieve the longer lasting dysphoria you are seeking, but it may be enjoyable. Mind that this hallucinogen is quite powerful and it seems its dysphoric properties generally come second to its dissociating ones in the user experience.

As stated by several others, withdrawal or come down from certain drugs can produce significant dysphoria. This would require a euphoric state to induce. Use of cocaine, MDPV, and other (S)NDRI's can reliably produce a dysphoric come down.

A very similar topic but with an entirely opposite purpose here: Use of anxiogenics to cope with anxiety in non-anxious individuals. The idea of using an anxiogenic / dysphoric compound to ultimately achieve an enjoyable state after the experience is something that isn't generally sought so finding recreational drugs on the black market that do this isn't in the foreseeable future. Interesting though.

Last edited by NeuroChi; 24-01-2011 at 15:57. Reason: articles uploaded by catseye
Old 18-01-2011, 02:20
Gold Member

Male from United States
RealGanjaMan probably knows what they are talking about.RealGanjaMan probably knows what they are talking about.RealGanjaMan probably knows what they are talking about.RealGanjaMan probably knows what they are talking about.RealGanjaMan probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,049, Level: 4 Points: 1,049, Level: 4 Points: 1,049, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroChi View Post
As stated by several others, withdrawal or come down from certain drugs can produce significant dysphoria. This would require a euphoric state to induce. Use of cocaine, MDPV, and other (S)NDRI's can reliably produce a dysphoric come down.
Yeah I guess my Primate has cried once from MDPV a few hours after using his last dose on a horrendously irresponsible MDPV binge. He said it was even worse than when I took his bananas away. And that was no pretty situation.

Usually when my Primate is coming down from pleasurable substances though, he gets more angry than sad. Or at least, thats what comes out.

Bad primate! No more irresponsible binging, or I'll take your bananas away again
Old 18-01-2011, 02:26
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,020, Level: 6 Points: 2,020, Level: 6 Points: 2,020, Level: 6
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

alcohol always does the trick for my buddie. Especially when times are hard, he'll be ballin his eyes out even durring happy times. He'll just get wrapped up in his own little head and then its over. Nothing else matters, except....... that.
Old 18-01-2011, 02:37

Male from United States
phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.
Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6

Iboga/Ibogaine is what you seek, afoaf cries every time he has ever done it. It is truly ego shattering to feel so close to death, as one stares into the light watching there life flash before there eyes, seeing all the harm they have ever caused other people, that is truly something to cry about.

I have talked about many of afoafs experiences with psychedelics on here, but his ibogaine stories are the only experiences he has yet to talk about because they are impossible to put into words, and he still hasnt fully integrated the experiences.

"to feel what its like to die is the only way to truly appreciate life."
Old 13-04-2011, 01:22
Silver Member

54 y/o Male from United States
druoak01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1

Badger's intent as response is heart-felt honest. Badger is a happy Badger most of the time cause though Badger is male, no embarassment to cry anywhere, most of time. An honest confrontation with therapist, aka, feeling & speaking truth is for Badger, most potent natural drug for crying time and fur shedding. Exogenous drugs use by muskrats is a celebration of happy for them. No doubt Badger always shed quills when he is forced watch those cruelty to fellow animals commercials. Badger not depressed, but very aware of how unnecessary meanness to all things can make salty watered eyes. Badger crawling into cozy den for sleep happily enjoying Spring weather.
Old 13-04-2011, 01:58
Silver Member

45 y/o Male from United States
scimor is a decent psychonaut.scimor is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 306, Level: 2 Points: 306, Level: 2 Points: 306, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

OP, my friend brewed up a batch of ayahausca which was fun for about 15 minutes.

For the next 45 all he could do was bawl like a little kid as all of the negative feelings he'd ever caused anyone reversed direction (and he could SEEE the waves going out from his own glowing core just gently reverse direction). all those feelings poured into him over the next 45 minutes and , wow, he cried like never before.

Otherwise.do enough drugs and cause enough pain to people who love you and you'll be crying.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, akathisia, alcohol, amphetamine, antipsychotic, benzos, cocaine, comedown, dopamine, drugs forum, dynorphin, dysphoria, dysphoric, endorphins, euphoric, heroin, marijuana, mdma, mdpv, opioid, psychedelics, ritalin, salvia, serotonin, stimulant, stimulants, tripping, weed, welbutrin, withdrawal, withdrawals