Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Buprenorphine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 02-01-2011, 02:30

33 y/o Male from United States
frank45 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
does anyone know a way to snort the sublingual films

my freind currently has a few subs but they are not the tablets its a thin film that goes below the tounge and he cannot stand that horrible orange medicine taste any one know of a way he could snort it?
Old 03-01-2011, 03:06
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: does anyone know a way to snort the sublingual films

Disolve in the smallest amount of water as possible and snort that solution.
Old 14-01-2011, 01:12
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

I wonder the difference in the Bioavailability in taking Bupe sublingually or snorting it. Since you're bypassing the stomach and sublingual Naloxone doesn't get in the system (maybe 2 %), I wonder if you might be getting more Naloxone in your system. I sure the film dissolves in water easily just like the tabs.

salgoud
Old 14-01-2011, 02:18
Mercury Member

Male from United States
returntozero needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1

just use them as directed, they work fine

Post Quality Evaluations:
sound advice.
Old 14-01-2011, 02:27
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by returntozero View Post
just use them as directed, they work fine
That is good advice. It is a pretty unabusable drug. The idea of Suboxone is to get one's life together. That it does. If you want to abuse something, Suboxone isn't the medicine.

salgoud
Old 06-02-2011, 05:08

26 y/o Male from United States
radishboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by salgoud View Post
That is good advice. It is a pretty unabusable drug. The idea of Suboxone is to get one's life together. That it does. If you want to abuse something, Suboxone isn't the medicine.

salgoud
Agreed. Suboxone is there to help you STOP abusing drugs, and when used correctly it does a pretty good job. If you're trying to get high though, Suboxone is definitely not the drug to get you there.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:34
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United Kingdom
neverspeakagain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1

Why would you even want to insufflate ? Honestly..there's no point. Take them as directed if you want maximum effect.

Incorrect information. Nasal bioavailability is higher than oral bioavailability.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:38
Mercury Member

26 y/o Male from Norway
AnrBjotk needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radishboy View Post
Agreed. Suboxone is there to help you STOP abusing drugs, and when used correctly it does a pretty good job. If you're trying to get high though, Suboxone is definitely not the drug to get you there.
Utter nonsense. This might be true for down-and-out junkies, but for anyone with low tolerance, subutex and suboxone will get you higher than a bag of the dope that is around in these dark droughtfilled days...
Old 12-02-2011, 09:38
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from USA - Pennsylvania
VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 779, Level: 4 Points: 779, Level: 4 Points: 779, Level: 4

The method SWIM uses is to break the film into the desired dose. Then he grabs the dose with tweezers and cuts a bunch of slits the one way and then back the other way. He tries to get the pieces as small as possible and then he insufflates them. It works just fine for SWIM. Much better than sublingual in his eyes.

On a side note, many people insufflate their Suboxone because of the higher bioavailability. It's like cutting the sublingual dose in half to get the same effect.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:45
Palladium Member

Male from Japan
Spucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline Medline
Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
AW: Re: does anyone know a way to snort the sublingual films

Quote:
Originally Posted by salgoud View Post
I wonder the difference in the Bioavailability in taking Bupe sublingually or snorting it.

salgoud
30% Sublingual
Vs.
98% Pernasal

Much more Naloxone!
Old 14-02-2011, 18:52

24 y/o Male from United States
blackninjaforevr needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

bump, swim wants to know@
Old 15-02-2011, 23:11
Silver Member

VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackninjaforevr View Post
bump, swim wants to know@
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtuallyEmotionless View Post
The method SWIM uses is to break the film into the desired dose. Then he grabs the dose with tweezers and cuts a bunch of slits the one way and then back the other way. He tries to get the pieces as small as possible and then he insufflates them. It works just fine for SWIM. Much better than sublingual in his eyes.

On a side note, many people insufflate their Suboxone because of the higher bioavailability. It's like cutting the sublingual dose in half to get the same effect.
In the future you should read through the thread to see if the question has already been answered. It's not even like my post was buried deep in the thread. it was right above your post. Also, always use the forum search engine or another search engine ( Google, etc. ) to make sure the answer isn't already out there, which most of the time it is.

Good rule reminder
Old 17-02-2011, 03:21

blackninjaforevr needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

I did read it, but I want to know other swim's methods and also if your swims method has been tested by anyone else before my swimmer wastes his few strips
Old 18-02-2011, 19:47
Silver Member

Quote:
I did read it, but I want to know other swim's methods and also if your swims method has been tested by anyone else before my swimmer wastes his few strips
SWIY isn't going to waste any strips. My Cheshire Cat was iffy about doing it like that at first too. Then he thought to his self, why wouldn't it work? So he did it and he can say that it works almost as good as insufflating the tablets. He thinks it could be placebo that the tablets seem to work better because he prefers them.

When the strips came out my Cheshire Cat was pretty bummed out until he started insufflating them. When taking them sublingually, the bioavailability is only 35-40% as opposed to ~50-60% intranasally, so you can see why he was so bummed out. He used to double his dose when sublingualing them. Now he doesn't mind the strips that much.
Old 19-02-2011, 18:36

swims kitty tried it a few times now and can atest to your cat's method and it does work pretty well. Its hard not to get them up too far up the nostrils, and was worried he wouldnt get the full effect.
Old 19-02-2011, 19:00
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.
Points: 1,717, Level: 6 Points: 1,717, Level: 6 Points: 1,717, Level: 6

Quote:
swims kitty tried it a few times now and can atest to your cat's method and it does work pretty well. Its hard not to get them up too far up the nostrils, and was worried he wouldnt get the full effect.
When snorting, if the drug is stuck in ones nostrils then its not being snorted properly. The drug needs to enter the sinus cavity where it can be absorbed most efficiently through the mucus glands. Of course snort it too hard and it will end up stuck on ones throat, with a very nasty taste to accompany it.

Good advice. SWIM hates it when snorts something and it goes straight to his throat. It wasteful.
Old 03-03-2011, 23:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchy View Post
When snorting, if the drug is stuck in ones nostrils then its not being snorted properly. The drug needs to enter the sinus cavity where it can be absorbed most efficiently through the mucus glands. Of course snort it too hard and it will end up stuck on ones throat, with a very nasty taste to accompany it.
Thanks for the reply, my cats been experimenting a lot with tooting the films, but they just dont seem to work as well as the pill form used too. So he is banned to just taking it sublingually and it just feels like he's wasting most of it that way...
Old 03-01-2013, 17:52

Female from United States
opiesnomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

ok im a newbie to this but have been reading some post. yes you can snort suboxone films adding a few drops of warm water. that will work ok. im not sure about snorting tiny pieces of strip but that sounds like a good idea that is worth trying .this is a subject that im very interested in . so i welcome any new info.
Old 03-01-2013, 18:21
Titanium Member

Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

i'm telling yall. i've done it dozens of times. disolve disired amount in a spoon in as little water as possible (less than 1 mL for a whole strip) then snort with a straw (not a dollar or anything that will absorb water). Then snort a little more water to get the shit that stuck to the straw. Don't swallow the water, let it sit in your sinuses for a few minutes. It's uncomfortable but it works really good.

Like I said, I've done this dozens of times, i know what i'm talking about.
Old 03-01-2013, 18:42
Titanium Member

41 y/o Female from United States
Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.Frmrjunkie probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 861, Level: 4 Points: 861, Level: 4 Points: 861, Level: 4

my friend on suboxone plugs his. he can't stand the taste either. although I have no personal experience to report, he claims it works as well or even better than sublingual. plus the added benefit of no taste buds in your hind end LOL

dissolve strip in a little water, use a needle-less syringe to administer.
Old 03-01-2013, 19:56
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

I would suspect that dissolving the films in a small amount of water, then using a needleless syringe to drip it slowly into the nasal cavity would work as well. You'd be able to use a smaller amount of water than what would be needed to snort enough via a straw. Plus, you can insure none is stuck/lost to the straw.

However, as you will still likely be tasting it via snorting, I think Frmrjunkie's idea of plugging it would be best, if the concern is mainly the taste (which I agree, is fucking nasty).

Of course, you must decide if you want to take the risk of the naloxone potentially being more effective via alternative routes of administration.

BTW, don't even think about injecting Suboxone in order to avoid the taste. Just as I can taste cocaine & heroin radiating out from the middle of my tongue whilst injecting, so can I taste that nasty "lemon-lime/citrus" flavoring they add to Suboxone. *shudder* Never mind the ridiculous dangers of injecting a tablet made for sublingual ingestion (meaning, it's MADE with the purpose of COMPLETELY dissolving everything in water. F'n disgusting!).

~Kailey
Old 04-01-2013, 17:37
Mercury Member

23 y/o Male from USA - West Virginia
jarlaxle needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

no i do not know a way to snort sub strips (flaming removed)... suboxone is made specificly for drug addicts, and the fastest way "besides injecting" to get the effects is to take it AS PRESCRIBED, it gets into your system in a reasonable ammount of time by taking under tongue, if you swallow stomach acids will eat it, and i dont think it disolves well in your nose. PLACE SUBOXONE UNDER TONGUE AND WAIT 5 MINUTES. or inject, which is horrible on your veins but it feels so damn good

No need to call people retards, especially for asking a question. Particularly when you then advocate a far more dangerous practice!

Last edited by Smeg; 11-01-2013 at 12:44. Reason: Flaming removed.
Old 10-01-2013, 20:42
Silver Member

$limJim is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

slim had a decent experience in the past injecting a subutex (straight out of prison with no opiate tolerance), but more recently he had a decent habit again (heron) and was holding a few strips for backup and one evening, when he finally thought he was ready to take the plunge, he figured what the hell, why not see what happens if I were to IV one.

My god, what a horrible experience. Immediately he said aloud to himself, Oh fuck I shouldn't've done that, and this dreadful icy feeling spread throughout his entire body, he felt like he was going to die for real. His vision was like going white and shit around the edges, and yes, he could taste that horrid orange in his entire being it felt like. He started shaking so bad (from the icy veins I guess) that he just crawled into bed and THANK GOD he immediately passed out.

I guess the end result was better than a night lying in bed tryin to kick cold turkey: having to go through five minutes of hell as opposed to a whole night, but I really couldn't recommend anyone to IV suboxone, in pill form or strip.

I know this thread is about snorting but I read a few people talkin about IVing the shit and it made me cringe...
Old 10-01-2013, 20:58
Titanium Member

^I had the same exact thing happen to me when I shot a strip. Thought it would work great but man, as soon as it was in my whole body was sent into immediate withdrawals. Shaking so bad, sweat pouring, eyes immediatly dilated. I was just like "omg, what did I just do?". I vomited all over the bathtub after about 1 minute. It was horrible. Slowly though, it passed and was just a normal Suboxone high. I'm guessing this is all due to the naloxone in it because I've heard people having a lot of success shooting Subutex. But I've also heard of a lot of people getting off on shooting Suboxone. But goddamn, I got so sick for about 5 minutes. I thought I was going to die. It passed and I was fine but it was not worth it. These things work fine snorting or sublingually.
Old 10-01-2013, 23:23
Ghetto_Chem Ghetto_Chem is nu online
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Ghetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline Medline
Points: 5,605, Level: 11 Points: 5,605, Level: 11 Points: 5,605, Level: 11
Activity: 14.5% Activity: 14.5% Activity: 14.5%

Here's a link to a thread that my friend made on how to snort the films/strips...

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=180803

He hasn't read over this thread so apologizes in advance if he's missed anything he should know. Also he doesn't think snorting the strips/films is really that great after having done it for awhile before switching completely sublingual. He used to snort the tablets, but the strips take too much time to prepare plus the sneezing fits get annoying, from the tickle in the nose feeling you get from the method that he talks about.

-GC

Last edited by Ghetto_Chem; 10-01-2013 at 23:37.

Share this on:

Tags
bupe, buprenorphine, drugs-forum, insufflate, insufflating, insufflation, snort suboxone, snorting, snorting drugs, snorting suboxone, sublingual film, suboxone, suboxone films, suboxone strip, suboxone strips, subutex