Register Tags

Notices

Old 19-12-2010, 16:43
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from Portugal
ruca is an unknown quantity at this point
tramadol and codeine

hi swimers!
small post from this book's character im reading...
today he decided to combine codeine with tramadol...first he had 1200 mg of codeine(he doesnt recomend this doses to anyone,thing is he has a high opiate tolerance,stay safe go slow dont follow my character..)and the effect was just the same he s used to,any swimmer used to it should know so why waste words and time...then kind of an hour later he had 150mg of trams and the effect wasbt that notecible at all...then he had lunch and after that he dropped another 150 mg of trams along with 40 mg of diazeoam,again my character does not recomend this dosages to anyone,they are dangerous,he s aware f that fact but he is used to any of this substances...
in the end the effect was something he was not expecting at all.as he tried this before,he never had such a relaxation feeling as he s having now while browsing here on df..he doesnt understand the why's of such feeling as he tried it before(maybe due to a state of mind) but thing is he is enjoying it..
thansx for any light pssible to ne given on the subject,stay safe...
Old 10-01-2011, 00:02
Silver Member

Female from United States
Sassy88 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: tramadol and codeine

My pet ferret has just come into posession of 30mg pure codeine phosphate ( no APAP - just codeine ). She has used tramadol responsibly and happily for years.

Thanks for sharing your experience...she is wondering how to mix ( or not mix at all ) these two drugs. She finds the high from tramadol much lighter, brighter and longer-lasting than the high from codeine. She once mixed small amounts of both ( 300 mg tramadol with 60 mg pure codeine ) and noticed......basically nothing at all. Perhaps just a more pronounced respiratory depression, a heaviness on the chest. But that's about it. The high was not enhanced.

It's interesting how some people find a good synergy between these two different opiates. Some people love to mix them, others don't. However, she is not comfortable using megadoses of these drugs, but perhaps a much higher codeine dosage would make a difference in this respect.
Old 10-01-2011, 17:03
Silver Member

hi!
first thing first,looks like your pet is not used to opiate use,i say this cause my pet finds 30 mg codeine same as nothing..but you must know your limits,same thing with traadol,have a look at a myriad posts on df about it,my pet personally only feels it as a good antidepressive or sthng like that,only first use ,ages ago he did had an opiate feeling out of it,but he was clean from stronger opiods/opiates..my pet did trid both in doses he doesnt recomend tono one-have in mind that 4oomg is the limit they say u should take daily,then other posts show u the right way to take iti mean not take the whole 400 at oce,it has to do with the way the drug is metabolised or something..search for tramadol in here and u will learn..
as for codeine my pet appretiates the high,its more pronounced and it gives you something of that opiate warmth..piece of advice just dont play with it my pet was somehow hooked and it was a bitch to stop..actually he used tramadol to do that.

ok,sorry if i sound bored but if trams gives your pet the opiate feeling just go slow wth it and i dont think 30mg codeine wont hurt..but this is my pets talking..he has a great opiate tolerance..which he is quiting..
respect opiates,stay well..hope help in something
Old 10-01-2011, 17:10
Titanium Member

31 y/o Male from United States
mr op8 is captain of the psychonauts.mr op8 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 342, Level: 2 Points: 342, Level: 2 Points: 342, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SWIM has combined codeine and tramadol before without bad effects.
But without particularly good effects either. No remarkable synergy, just the normal effects of both drugs.

SWIM was never really a big codeine fan, anyway.

To the OP -- 1200 mg is a large dose of codeine, yes... SWIM understands tolerance, but is SWIY aware that codeine has a "dosage ceiling"? (A point at which taking more of the substance produces NO more effects). Codeine is a pro-drug for morphine, and the ceiling dosage is around 300-400mg... so any more than that is probably a waste. Just sayin'...
Old 10-01-2011, 18:24
Banned

38 y/o Male from Scotland
Aberdonian should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Yeah my sheep is on dihydrocodeine and his doc told him taking more than 180mg in a 4 hour period is useless and a waste your body only makes so much of some enzyme used to break it down to dihyrdomorphine or morphine from codeine dosing again after 4 hrs is cool by then your body will have enough enzyme to break it down to said substances
Old 11-01-2011, 02:38
Silver Member

"my pet personally only feels it [tramadol} as a good antidepressive or sthng like that"

Very well said !!! Being somewhat opiate naive, my ferret was quite shocked and embarrassed to learn many experienced swimmers do not consider tramadol an opiate even worth mentioning. her posts being met with snickers and snarls of ' Oh, you're obviously inexperienced with opiates. Trams do not count. '

Tramadol definitely provides that enhanced, seratonin/SSRI lift that sets them apart from true opiates. In fact, she's so used to that feeling that the 'fuzzy' codeine buzz seems awkward to her.

However, it's true she has a very low tolerance. And the nausea that accompanied a mere 60 mg of codeine makes her uneasy about trying a higher dose.

And after having combined trams with both carisoprodol and gabapentin ( and getting awesome results, btw ) she is even less interested in using the codeine now.

She originally fancied herself a lover of opiates ( once again, an erroneous assumption on her part) but now thinks maybe the GABA-enhancing drugs might be her niche instead.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:14
Silver Member

hi swimsissy my pet got real curious about that combo you mentioned,at first cause he tried every combo he found here on df related to trams but he never hear of none of he both u mentioned, carisoprodol and gabapentin,maybe for being a different country..dunno..can u enlight me a bit more bout them?i mean what are tehy originally used for,are they otc?is the effect opiate pronouced or what?
do excuse me if im asking questons already answeared but i couldnt find any info on those..just got curious when u said sthng works along with trams when my pet tried so many things in crazy crazy dosages,and so that you know he searches this only to keep hiself out of h,and some of the other stuff ihe knows he has it s impossible to get here,i.e.oxycodone,oxycontine..so my pet every now and then plays with codeine and it aint that bad..
thNX XXX
Old 11-01-2011, 15:25
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy88 View Post
Being somewhat opiate naive, my ferret was quite shocked and embarrassed to learn many experienced swimmers do not consider tramadol an opiate even worth mentioning. her posts being met with snickers and snarls of ' Oh, you're obviously inexperienced with opiates. Trams do not count. '
Anyone saying "tramadol doesn't count - it's not a real opioid" needs a swift kick in the teeth. Okay, okay, not really since we don't want to encourage violence or anything. However, tramadol (Ultram) is very much a "REAL" opioid, and in many ways an addiction/dependence upon tramadol is even more dangerous than more "traditional" opioids, BECAUSE of it's additional SSRI-type action. If one were physically dependent on tramadol & tried to detox, they'd get both the regular opioid withdrawal effects AND the withdrawal effects from SSRIs (brain zaps, etc). Sounds like fun to me!

Quote:
She once mixed small amounts of both ( 300 mg tramadol with 60 mg pure codeine ) and noticed......basically nothing at all. Perhaps just a more pronounced respiratory depression, a heaviness on the chest. But that's about it. The high was not enhanced.
Quote:
Tramadol definitely provides that enhanced, seratonin/SSRI lift that sets them apart from true opiates. In fact, she's so used to that feeling that the 'fuzzy' codeine buzz seems awkward to her.

However, it's true she has a very low tolerance. And the nausea that accompanied a mere 60 mg of codeine makes her uneasy about trying a higher dose.
Okay, first of all, 300mg of tramadol is NOT a "low dose"; 50mg of tramadol would be a low dose. 300mg is approaching the maximum recommended dosage for the entire 24 hour day! Conversely, 60mg of codeine *IS* a really low dose. While codeine is available in OTC preparations in doses as low as 8mg per tablet, there have been studies done on them & apparently taking such a low dose isn't even noticeably different from taking just plain ol' APAP & it just allows companies to charge more for Tylenol. 90mg-120mg of codeine is generally the amount recommended to someone who is opiate-naive who's looking to have a good time with codeine; the ferret in question does NOT appear to be opiate-naive! But that would still probably be a decent place to start. The nausea usually goes away, but one could take a 1st-generation antihistamine with the codeine dose (like diphenhydramine (Benadryl in the US), promethazine (Phenergan in the US) or hydroxyzine (Vistaril in the US); this should counteract the nausea as well as increase the effects of the codeine. A regular dose of "motion sickness" tablets have been mentioned to help as well (though one should take a dose of one or the other, not take an antihistamine AND a motion sickness tablet at the same time!).
Quote:
having combined trams with both carisoprodol and gabapentin ( and getting awesome results, btw ) she is even less interested in using the codeine now.
Actually, the carisoprodol (Soma) is known to work even BETTER with codeine than tramadol! Carisoprodol synergizes *VERY* well with opioids of all kinds, but seems to work particularly well if the opioid is "opium/poppy based"; so morphine & codeine (& heroin) synergize really well with Soma, oxycodone & hydrocodone also work really well with Soma; complete synthetics like Fentanyl, methadone or tramadol still synergize with Soma (obviously!), just not quite as awesomely as the others mentioned.

In regards to gabapentin (Neurontin), it has it's own unique effects that are very likable to some, in addition to working really well on some types of pain - particularly in conjunction with opioids. However, not all GABAergenic substances are the same; gabapentin works really well, whereas benzodiazepines can often just make one sleepy. In addition, benzos have the ability to increase the "nod" factor of an opioid high...but in return decrease the euphoric aspect of the high. This doesn't seem to happen with gabapentin, though. *shrug*

All the best, and always be safe!

~Kailey

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent points, good harm reduction info. Thanks for taking the time to set this thread straight.
Old 11-01-2011, 16:56
Silver Member

true swim keiley..trams addiction are a bitch..dont play with it ,this guy in the book i read had a medium abuse of such and he thought it was hell,not much for the opiod withdrawal he must say-but then again he was used to stroger ones so..-but the SSRIs ones are a bitch,not fun at all even though inhis case he had a real long abuse before he realise of such fact,dont know if swiy was the same.as for codeine the country my pet lives you can buy 30mg apap pills otc,u do need script but they dont really care as long as you look ok and stuff..dont think this is good cause this fact drove my pet to an historial of abuse not even caring for the apap in it -paracetamol in this case-at first he would botter with cwe but then he would just drop em as they came..a lotof people did helphim outon this one here on df making him realise the danger to the body this means..at least they got them scared..only once he relapsed since then and let me tell you-apologiging if this is going off topic-he felt like crap,like stomach would burst and kidney pains all day,placebo induced fear or not,just dont do it,codeine doesnt even worth it,for my pet is max an half hour of nice rush then...bad stuff..be carefull with those,respect opiates i learnt.thanx for reading
Old 14-01-2011, 02:41
Silver Member

" Actually, the carisoprodol (Soma) is known to work even BETTER with codeine than tramadol! "

Thanks for the additional info. That is actually great, because my little pet ferret stumbled upon a large bottle of Codeine in her watering bowl the other day !! Awesome, she will be happy to hear about this.

"In regards to gabapentin (Neurontin), it has it's own unique effects that are very likable to some,"

So true...it never ceases to amaze how people can have such varying effects with the same drug. My ferret absolutely LOVES it. She theorizes such varying effects might be due more to the irresistible need to combine this drug with so many others, than with the isolated chemistry of this drug alone. Combinations can make a HUGE difference. And adding mega-doses on top of that can totally change one experience from another's experience.

Sassy88 added 14 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

[QUOTE=Sassy88;940345]" Actually, the carisoprodol (Soma) is known to work even BETTER with codeine than tramadol! "

Thanks for the additional info. That is actually great, because my little pet ferret stumbled upon a large bottle of Codeine in her watering bowl the other day !! Awesome, she will be happy to hear about this.

"In regards to gabapentin (Neurontin), it has it's own unique effects that are very likable to some,"

So true...it never ceases to amaze how people can have such varying effects with the same drug. My ferret absolutely LOVES it. She theorizes such varying effects might be due more to the irresistible need to combine this drug with so many others, than with the isolated chemistry of this drug alone. Combinations can make a HUGE difference. And adding mega-doses on top of that can totally change one experience from another's experience. To each his own !

Last edited by Sassy88; 14-01-2011 at 02:41. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
apap, codeine, codeine and tramadol, demerol, drugs, drugs-forum, gabapentin, ibuprofen, tramadol, tramadol abuse, tramadol and codeine, tramadol with, tramal