Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Buprenorphine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 16-12-2010, 02:44
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Swing should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Switched from Subutex to Suboxone films

Soo swims mom pressured him to try the new suboxone films. When swim hit up the pharmacy the pharmacist said that most of his patients have bought the film once and then returned back to regular suboxone or bupe. Swim immediately knew why because everybody wants to inject thier subutex. Anyways swim got the films and swim is unimpressed with em. sure they disolve fast but after injecting subutex everyday at 12 mg a day... swim hardly feel anything now and swim is prolly gunna change back to subutex... ( GOD swim hate nalaxone).... Anyways anybody else have experience with the film?
Old 18-12-2010, 07:50
Silver Member

Male from United States
AddyCrazy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Switched from Subutex to Suboxone films

SWIM has no experience with the film although he is going on suboxone hopefully in the next week or 2 for the 2nd time before he went on around a year or 2 ago. But SWIM just wonders what SWIY feels the point of buprenorphine treatment is if he is shooting up/abusing it?
Old 13-01-2011, 08:33
Mercury Member

Male from United States
returntozero needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

swim is wondering why people inject large amounts of subutex when its designed to help people get OFF drugs.

dissolve the damn thing under your tongue so u dont get withdrawals, then take less and less each month or week or whatever until you are good to go.
Old 19-01-2011, 20:43
Banned

58 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

Another safety concern is they mix talc as a binder in Subutex. A build up of talc can result in a stroke. I hope you have someone who loves you who can take care of you after a possible stroke. It's almost impossible to filter it out unless you have a high grade micro filter.

The best thing a friend of mine said, it put it under your tongue or between your cheek and gum for best results.

Buddy says there are better things out there to risk your life for. Like persons shooting Temazepam, gel cap. I hear of limbs being amputated, strokes. Seems like a bad way to go. Life is short, don't make it shorter.

salgoud

Post Quality Evaluations:
straight talking, to the point harm reduction. Well said as always!

Last edited by salgoud; 20-01-2011 at 03:07. Reason: Don'
Old 21-01-2011, 21:19
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
ToP-NoTcH is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1

Swim just tried the films on this months suboxone script and actually loves them compared to the pill form. It hits harder and faster and u get ALL of the med instead of swallowing all of the saliva build up from waiting for the pill to dissolve. Swim is prescribed 75 pills or films a month and swim always runs out the day swim sees his dr for a refill, but with the films this month I will have atleast 30 films left over this month when I see him. So swim thinks the films are the way to go when really trying to quit. So swim is still gonna get the 75 and try to only use 30 or less films this month.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good information and personal insight-thanks for the contribution
Old 22-01-2011, 15:23
Banned

58 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.

Top Notch,

That what Buudy (my wolf dog) does. He see the doc ever month and saves 30 out 60, cause he did 8mg/da last month. This month he is doing 1/2 or 4mg/day. To me it is "In Case of Emergency". Just keep the extra in there original bottles.

Buddy's insurance will probably cover it if he asked for the films, a little hasslling: One first have to get a script, then you need to get a rejection from the pharmacy, and then they gotta talk to the doc. So I'm staying with the tabs. Buddy puts them between his cheek and gum, dissolve slow but no build up of saliva so very little is swallowed. And the more one swallows the less on gets bupe in their system.

The "Strip" isn't doing so hot. Buddy's pharmacy said, that could be why Suboxone and Subutex and even the Strips have really gone up since January 1, 2011. It's crazy what they are charging.

Luckily Buddy's Insurance cover's it,

salgoud
__________________________________________________ _______________

"The purpose of Life, is a Life of purpose." Robert Byrne

Last edited by salgoud; 22-01-2011 at 15:28. Reason: because to many errors
Old 06-02-2011, 05:17

27 y/o Male from United States
radishboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

I switched to Suboxone from Methadone about 2 months ago. I have the strips. They work great for me, although I'm actually using them for their intended purpose. I know, crazy, right? But yeah, if you're looking to get high, Suboxone isn't going to help you with that. That's sort of the whole idea...
Old 06-02-2011, 16:55
Banned

58 y/o Male from Togo

Congratulations on your switch from methadone to Suboxone. That isn't an easy switch unless one does it exactly right.

Just for the record: Anything Sublingual can be put under the tongue or between the cheek and gum.

When one takes Suboxone tabs, between the cheek and gum (like "Chew") works best. Hardly no swallowing medication, dissolves very slowly, and works good. Can take awhile to dissolve between the cheek and gum, thus more drug enters the system (by logical deduction and experience.)

The strips are a neat way to absorb buprenorphine into ones system.

salgoud
Old 20-10-2011, 18:42
Silver Member

33 y/o Female from United States
nomoremommyfood is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 274, Level: 2 Points: 274, Level: 2 Points: 274, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swing View Post
When swim hit up the pharmacy the pharmacist said that most of his patients have bought the film once and then returned back to regular suboxone or bupe. Swim immediately knew why because everybody wants to inject thier subutex.
I wouldn't be so sure about that -

Though I know that first-hand experience doesn't count as gospel, I was switched from generic buprenorphine to brand-name Suboxone strips (a requirement of being on Reckitt-Benkiser's patient-assistance program...yes, this program still exists for patients without insurance, though the company suspiciously no longer advertises it) and I'm not abusing the meds.

While I agree with other posters claims that the strips, when used as directed, are more efficient than the tablets. But I've personally found them very difficult to use. And, in fact, had sought out this thread looking for advice on taking the film.

Though I'm still getting used to them, I've had three dissolve all over my fingers and accidentally swallowed two. Losing all the benefits. Plus, I used to discreetly slip a pill in my mouth on the bus instead of grappling with a package boldly printed with SUBOXONE - great, when you're trying to hide a heroin problem.

Wandering around the internet, I stumbled upon this forum [just tried to link to it and failed - it's called suboxforum and the thread I wanted to post was called, "How do you take your Suboxone Films," describing various attempts to take the films, as well as some discussion on the difficulty of this method of administration.]

Patients requesting a return to tablets may not be looking to inject their drugs but, in fact, wishing to return to an easier and less stigmatizing method of taking their legitimate medication.

Update: Shoot - I just realized this thread seems to have ended months ago! Sorry if this is a moot point by now!

Last edited by nomoremommyfood; 20-10-2011 at 18:44. Reason: Overlooked the date on the thread!

Share this on:

Tags
buprenorphine, drugs, drugs-forum, germany, inject suboxone, injecting, injecting suboxone, shoot up, sublingual administration, sublingual film, suboxone, suboxone films, suboxone flms, suboxone strip, suboxone strips, suboxone vs subutex, subutex