Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Dissociatives > DXM
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 10-12-2010, 00:49
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
_TJM_ needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Delsym 12 hour Vs Robitussin cough, Why?

AFOAF likes and prefers Robitussin cough syrup over anything. He went to the local store to find them all sold out of his favorite syrup so he bought a 5 ounce bottle of Delsym 12 hour. Previously a week before this friend split a 3 ounce bottle with a friend. He remembers filling up the measuring cup to the 10 mL line twice, than to the 2.5 mL line once. He recalls smoking two bowls than sitting down at a bench to wait for his ride. (he left his car at home scared he would drive whole trippin') He first felt his head spin back and his eyes were wide open and he loved this feeling and knew it kicked in.

Because of that night he decided to get delsym 12 hour again. While walking he filled the measuring cup to the 10 mL line three times. He thought this would get him the same effect but 1 hour later he felt nothing more than a very calm feeling. He knew he was not 100% sober but he said he knew that something was happening. I tried to convince him not to dose more but he took 3 more swigs of the bottle about 1 hour 20 minutes after the first dose.

Long behold three hour he says he can feel a slight feeling that he is not in his right state of mind. He is just occasionally yelling random words or noises and just 2 minutes ago could not stop saying the same sentence over and over again. He drank more Delsym than he would of drank if he had Robitussin But does not feel any intense dizzy or that feeling of "What in the world is going on I can not comprehend anything". He knows that Delsym is not DXM Hbr but the first time he tried Delsym he had a great effect at a much lower dose. He knows that he did not eat anything since he woke up and dosed. After dosing he snacked on a small donut because he likes to use bread to create a nice little buffer between his stomach wall and the syrup (He learned that truck here, it workes he never get any sick feeling but it helps him in high dosages.)

He is just wondering, why? He has these episodes like this. He normally gets a good trip from just alf of a 4 ounce robitussin bottle, but sometimes he feels nothing and drinks the whole bottle and than feels the trip. He swears that there is a reason for it, but he cannot decide if there are any factors he did to prevent him from achieving a good trip.

Also;
Since he likes Robitussin cough, Should he just buy out their stock of Robitussin extra strength gels? He thinks that he read that after you take out the "gel" part the rest is pure DXM. But he does not know as he never tried or looked into it before.

For some reason he just stood up and announced that he is feeling more effected by the Delsym but its been almost 3 hours since his dose, is there still a chance he will achieve a good trip? He ate a meal when he got home because he was sad that he did not have a nice trip.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:14

28 y/o Male from USA - Michigan
Steezy needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Re: Delsym 12 hour Vs Robitussin cough, Why?

Delsym is a timed release. Thats why it takes longer to kick in than robo. Also, smoking intensifies it by a lot, and your FOAF didn't smoke this time around. Hope that helps.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:21

Male from United States

My FOAF Only got two hits from a bowl before having to leave to kmart. Would it be smart to tell my FOAF to put the bottle of Delsym away till tomarrow or next week? He is thinking about drinking the rest of it because he wants to have a better trip but read that re-dosing could lead to over dosing. He does not care if he throws himself into a 4th plateau, he always has a good mind set and loves intensifying things. He just does not know. He definitely can feel more of a trip now 3 hours after dosing, somewhere it says that it can take twice as long or up to 4 hours for Delsym to kick in. that 4 hour mark is within this hour at 8:45.

I just read up on some facts for my FOAF to ease his mind. Delsym can last twice as long as Robitussin but not as intense. I told him to go power hit a cigarette but he says he did not get that wow factor that he gets with Robitussin, that really made him sad. But he does not have that detached feeling that he gets with Robitussin. He just wants to have a fun trip. He tends to type long sentences and stories while trippin'. I guess its rubbing off on my sober......brain. So sorry for that. I only mean well. I do not mean to mess anything up!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:25

No worrys man, we all have those moments. Anyways, its always better safe than sorry, so i suggest your friend put the bottle away and wait til tomorrow. if he says he's feeling more of a trip now, then just give it a little more time and wait till THAT peaks. He has that to look forward to and it hasn't even reached the 4 hour mark yet. If thats the case, it can still kick in. Keep us posted. Best of luck.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:34

Male from United States

Not to alarm anybody but is it a normal side effect to have a tight throat? my FOAF is complaining that it feels as if his shirt is tight around his neck and his throat feels tense and tight at random times. He can inhale/exhale normally. Its not too serious but just wondering.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:46

difficulty breathing is a normal and sometimes scary side effect. Also, have him take his shirt off and see if that helps. keep an eye on him just incase. but he ingested nowhere near the lethal amount of DXM which is 2,500 mg. he SHOULD be fine.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:54

Male from United States

Considering that my FOAF now weighs only 94 pounds (He is an avid sort of "ninja" who accompanies criminals on burglaries so he needs to stay light but strong, good paying gig very profitable) so what is the amount of Delsym that my FOAF would need to ingest tomorrow for a possible 3rd plateau trip? He used this calculator but he now knows it is not accurate. Smart people will know why I am asking this question about dosage at this point in time...
Old 10-12-2010, 02:01

roughly around 200mg is just an educated guess. Don't take my word for it though and do some more research. Swim tends to be a little bit more careful when it comes to this mind altering substance...
Old 10-12-2010, 02:13

Male from United States

200mg may be correct than that leads to the calculator being correct, although people have told my FOAF that 300MG is not nearly enough to place a 94 pound man into the 4th plateau but the calculator says so.
(If you are wondering why my FOAF needs to be 94 pounds is because the house he is helping people hit has motion detectors that allow anything under 98 pounds roam free because they have dogs, so he easily enters)

My FOAF sat down to think about his body. He knows that his mind has been altered in some sort of way. He feels like he is not really there because he feels no heat nor cold or anything touching his body. He does not have the dizzy effect that he loves from Robitussin which makes him sort of sad about not getting the Robitussin cough gels, but he is happy that he is not sober, yet sort of worried but came to accept the fact he is addicted to the feeling from DXM. Fact is my FOAF either is around his peak, or will be there in about a couple of minutes. The fact that his train of thought has completely disappeared and he feels like he is alone tells me that he is indeed trippin'. I am going to go find his bottle of Delsym, decide how much is left and hide it till tomarrow when he will be with friends and have a much more enjoyable experience. He is hoping there is atleast 280 MG left in the bottle because that is his sweet spot, at least with Robitussin that is.
He personally thanks you for your help guiding him with this problem. What was the problem who knows? But thoughts are dead and completenly not in mind at the moment. < Think that prooves it?

Thankyou,
Old 23-12-2010, 15:40

27 y/o Male from United States
What me worry? is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

DXM poli is timed release because it is coated with an edible plastic.
Old 31-12-2010, 21:04
Palladium Member

Female from United States
TheFakeBass really adds to the discussion.TheFakeBass really adds to the discussion.TheFakeBass really adds to the discussion.TheFakeBass really adds to the discussion.TheFakeBass really adds to the discussion.TheFakeBass really adds to the discussion.
Points: 745, Level: 4 Points: 745, Level: 4 Points: 745, Level: 4
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by What, me worry? View Post
DXM poli is timed release because it is coated with an edible plastic.
No, the DXM is not "coated with an edible plastic." It's bound to an ionic exchange resin, and in the acidic environment of the stomach, the DXM+ cations attached to the sulfonic acid anions are slowly replaced by H+ cations.

I hear the "coated with edible plastic" myth a lot, and it's not entirely accurate.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:59

33 y/o Male from United States
frank45 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFakeBass View Post
No, the DXM is not "coated with an edible plastic." It's bound to an ionic exchange resin, and in the acidic environment of the stomach, the DXM+ cations attached to the sulfonic acid anions are slowly replaced by H+ cations.

I hear the "coated with edible plastic" myth a lot, and it's not entirely accurate.
lol who cares !whats the point of the time reales dxm thats just making it weaker the whole point of dissociatives is that there intense

Post Quality Evaluations:
Not informational or relevant to the topic
Pointless comment, criticizing an informative and accurate post.

Share this on:

Tags
cough syrup, delsym, dextromethorphan, dogs, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, dxm, overdose, robitussin, robitussin cough gels, robotussin, sober, time release, tripping, tussin

» New Threads
That craving
Last post by MrSpliffy
3 Replies, 37 Views
Valium against anxiety (codeine...
Last post by shotz
0 Replies, 1 Views
do you think it was spiked
Last post by Shampoo
1 Replies, 17 Views
Sweating /codeine withdrawal
Last post by shotz