Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 07:13
Titanium Member

22 y/o Female from United States
Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,768, Level: 6 Points: 1,768, Level: 6 Points: 1,768, Level: 6
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Scent of Heroin Use?

Recently, my friend Miss H took a break from doing heroin, and got rid of all her used works a couple weeks ago. In the past few months, Miss H would almost always do her dope in the exact same location (small bedroom in a flat shared by her and two friends), and she noticed that her room was beginning to have this weird smell that she attributed to her heroin use. It doesn't really have the same bittersweet, burnt vinegar smell of her heroin, which is tan powder, plus she always IV'ed it after cooking up a hit, and never smoked it or anything. Now that she's thrown away all the dirty rigs and such, it's gone away somewhat, but Miss H can still smell it a little bit.
She can't quite describe it, but it's kind of a damp, heavy, sort of sickly sweet odor/atmosphere that's really hard to get rid of. It's almost a mix of blood, rubbing alcohol, rubber, and a little bit of heroin. The other day, she was discussing this smell with a couple of heroin-using friends who IV'ed the same type of dope as MissH. One of her friends knew exactly what MissH meant, and the other three had no idea what she was talking about. Does anyone else know the scent MissH is talking about, and if it's possible to get rid of permanently?
Old 05-12-2010, 16:26
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: Scent of Heroin Use?

It's probably in your head. Since that was the place where you always fixed at and always smelled that scent, you're brain is tricking you into smelling it everytime you're in that area.

At least that is what I think.
Old 05-12-2010, 16:40
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from USA - Texas
hateyoul3itch needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

SWIM always soked his heroin. and it was always black tar. After a year or so his room and clothes started to smelll kinda like burnt bbq sauce.
Old 11-12-2010, 17:52
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

My best friend, Girlie, and her boyfriend at the time, used to keep all their equipment in one particular drawer in their bedroom; the "leftover" heroin to be used later, dirty cookers & used cottons they were saving for later, emptied baggies (for later scraping, if needed), syringes, etc. At first there was a strong smell only when opening that particular drawer, then the whole dresser smelled like heroin & eventually that corner of the room smelled like heroin.

In addition, they spent time in bed dopesick as well, which has it's own unique & disgusting smell. The sheets, then the mattress itself reeked of "dopesick sweat". Eventually, just walking into the room, one could smell both heroin & dopesickness; it was reasonably unpleasant, but they said they didn't notice it so much once they were actually high.

Have others noticed that special, icky smell that seems to come out of ones pores when they're kicking heroin? I've spoken to people who say they especially notice it in the oil on their nose (esp right when they wake up), and Girlie said she even noticed it under her fingernails, that she washed her hands constantly whenever she was in detox, because the smell grossed her out so much. But I few people I've asked have said they can literally smell it coming out of their skin when they're detoxing, and I've noticed it on them myself; I could just smell, say, the top of Girlie's forearm, and it had this strange, sickly sweet smell that was reminiscent of heroin (I guess, since that's what her dresser smelled like & she told me that smell was heroin) & something undefinable...

~Kailey
Old 11-12-2010, 18:10
Silver Member

43 y/o Female from USA - New York
tamara is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Madame T never smelled that heroin scent. Not even in various users' homes. She dated a hardcore heroin addict for months and never noticed anything particular, scent-wise about him, his sheets, or his bedroom where he kept his gear. Weird.
Old 11-12-2010, 20:51
Banned

Male from Mexico
Killa Weigha is on the way upKilla Weigha is on the way upKilla Weigha is on the way up

This is based on personal experience corroberated with two other recovered addicts:

Whatever smell existed was not noticed while getting high every day (or as much as possible). But when you are detoxed you develop the nose of a friggin bloodhound. It is still like that 5 years later, too - really my friend can smell stuff long before anyone else can. And he can smell dope in people's pockets sometimes (bummer).

This is a guess:

The chemicals necessary to refine opium into dope come out in the sweat whilst detoxing. Most junkies try NOT to sweat while they are using so they don't lose dope out their system. Same reason some (not all) don't shower much.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:20
Silver Member

Female from United States
RubyHollywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1

SWIM dated a IV user for about a year. When she was in his apt she never noticed anything but the Champa he burned daily. When she was IVing with him she still never noticed anything. Maybe she just wasn't looking for it?
Old 12-12-2010, 09:05
Palladium Member

Male from Japan
Spucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline Medline
Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9
AW: Scent of Heroin Use?

Yes, the Pom-Poko Raccoon know that Scent,
he knows a Gallery where the People used to do Heroin for 2 years
but the Gallery itself was clean, so no Garbage, Shit or what so ever spoiled
that specific Smell.

Maybe it is coming from burned Ascorbic Acid and burned Heroin.
Sometimes People called it the smell of cold Feets!
Old 20-12-2010, 07:20
Titanium Member

22 y/o Female from United States
Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,768, Level: 6 Points: 1,768, Level: 6 Points: 1,768, Level: 6
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailey_elise View Post
My best friend, Girlie, and her boyfriend at the time, used to keep all their equipment in one particular drawer in their bedroom; the "leftover" heroin to be used later, dirty cookers & used cottons they were saving for later, emptied baggies (for later scraping, if needed), syringes, etc. At first there was a strong smell only when opening that particular drawer, then the whole dresser smelled like heroin & eventually that corner of the room smelled like heroin.

In addition, they spent time in bed dopesick as well, which has it's own unique & disgusting smell. The sheets, then the mattress itself reeked of "dopesick sweat". Eventually, just walking into the room, one could smell both heroin & dopesickness; it was reasonably unpleasant, but they said they didn't notice it so much once they were actually high.

Have others noticed that special, icky smell that seems to come out of ones pores when they're kicking heroin? I've spoken to people who say they especially notice it in the oil on their nose (esp right when they wake up), and Girlie said she even noticed it under her fingernails, that she washed her hands constantly whenever she was in detox, because the smell grossed her out so much. But I few people I've asked have said they can literally smell it coming out of their skin when they're detoxing, and I've noticed it on them myself; I could just smell, say, the top of Girlie's forearm, and it had this strange, sickly sweet smell that was reminiscent of heroin (I guess, since that's what her dresser smelled like & she told me that smell was heroin) & something undefinable...

~Kailey
Yeah, this is exactly how it was for MissH. First, she'd only smell it when she opened the dope drawer, then it stank up her entire bedroom, and finally it started leaking into the hallway. And she knows exactly what Girlie's talking about by the "dopesick sweat", too. Like Girlie and her bf, MissH spent about half the time doing heroin and the other half trying to kick it. When she was detoxing, she'd take tons of baths/showers and put on lots of perfume and deodorant, 'cuz the smell/feeling bothered her so much, but no matter what she did, she couldn't get rid of that sickly sweet/metallic sweat odor. It was almost kind of like a dead body smell. This is TMI, but MissH would always get her period during dope withdrawals and bleed very heavily, and she says it was almost like her body was detoxing from the dope by bleeding it out, as she could definitely smell it then.

Last edited by Holly021255; 20-12-2010 at 07:40. Reason: not finished
Old 20-12-2010, 09:08
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.Qualityplant really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,074, Level: 5 Points: 1,074, Level: 5 Points: 1,074, Level: 5

swim cant relate to the room smell but definitly the dopesick sweat... gross

what about this one: swim usually smokes his gear, then he starts coughing and he can taste the gear on the mucus coming up from his lungs
Old 20-12-2010, 16:29
Banned

Male from Mexico
Killa Weigha is on the way upKilla Weigha is on the way upKilla Weigha is on the way up

Now that he really thinks about it, the smell Coyote got after beginning the detox process compares to the smell if someone forgets a metal baking pan or skillet or pot in the oven and turns it on pretty high (like 400 +). The coyote just assumed his wife had done that as he knew the smell from his own past mistakes. He finally asked WTF but wifey said "you are insane, coyote - I never once left anything in the oven much less every time for the past 3 days.
Old 20-12-2010, 21:02
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Springtime is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 122, Level: 1 Points: 122, Level: 1 Points: 122, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualityplant View Post
swim cant relate to the room smell but definitly the dopesick sweat... gross
My acquaintance's wife says it makes the bed sheets smell like vinegar

Share this on: