Notices

Old 28-11-2010, 01:09
Silver Member

Male from United States
tylenol4000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Heroin to Methadone

SWIM wants to know how much methadone is equal to how much heroin. SWIM is on 90 mls of methadone and is wondering, how much H does that equal?
Old 28-11-2010, 01:21
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Heroin to Methadone

In the UK, a stabilising dose of between 85-100ml would be recommended for somebody who was using about 1.0g per day (bearing in mind all the factors such as purity, ROI, etc when discussing street heroin).
See The Methadone Briefing, Section 8 for an online conversion chart and more details.
Old 28-11-2010, 01:33

Female from United Kingdom
papaverlover should review received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

that seems like a lot to me so glad of not having a big script.

Post Quality Evaluations:
One line posts rarely add to the discussion.Please post when swiy can add to the discussion.Thanks
Old 28-11-2010, 02:05
Silver Member

Male from United States
tylenol4000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

SWIM doesn't know how much one means by 1.0g. Is that a 'point'?
Old 28-11-2010, 02:17
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylenol4000 View Post
SWIM doesn't know how much one means by 1.0g. Is that a 'point'?
No, that's 10 "points". A point is usually 0.1g (which I think is 100mg, but my math skillz are kind of slacking right now for some reason). 10 of those equals a gram (1g).

It's not as simple as "I take X amount of methadone, how much Y does that equal?" The way someone metabolises methadone comes into play, it's long action, the fact that it's dosed once a day...the fact that it's an entirely different drug that doesn't take the same "route" inside the body as Heroin does. All these come into play.

Never mind the fact that Heroin itself is unstable - one never knows how much is in a certain amount of weight. Just because you receive a half gram of Heroin, doesn't mean that a half gram of Heroin is inside of that bag, if you know what I mean. It could be cut with who knows what in who knows what ratio. That bag could be 90 percent cut or 90 percent Heroin (unless you're in the UK right now, in which case you can be pretty certain it has 0 percent Heroin in it, hahahaha - bad joke).

Those "Opiate Equivalency Charts" are just rough estimates, because everyone is different and everyone metabolises things in different ways. But Heroin is basically Morphine once it's in the body, for all intents & purposes, so one could use an Opiate Equivalency Chart for Morphine to Methadone (or whatever) to get a rough idea.

But don't assume that just because you take, say, 90mg of methadone you can automatically handle a 1gm of Heroin. Because that's a fast track to Deathsville, population: YOU.

~Kailey

Excellent elaboration about equivalency, esp. reverse tolerance to heroin-great harm-reduction.thanks
You have an amazing way with words that adds a lightness with harm reduction. I always find myself smiling while reading your posts.

Last edited by kailey_elise; 29-11-2010 at 19:19. Reason: math mistakes
Old 28-11-2010, 04:49
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

In America, at most all clinics, you're started off at 30mg no matter how much you use. For some, it does not hold them. For some, it does. For many, it does but they want to get high so they ask for more. It doesn't just depend on how much dope you were doing either.

If you're asking how much heroin we think you can handle being on 90mg, that's impossible to answer. Supposedly, there's a dose where the methadone will block heroin from working. I'm skeptical about that. My friend found that doing dope on top of methadone made it stronger and he needed less dope but he wasn't on maint. Start small, like a dime, and work your way up.

Also, a gram can vary greatly. A gram of h3 or tar is way weaker than a gram of powder h4. Not to mention that grams you think are excellent could really just be average becuase you've never had stronger. That is why street heroin doses are so hard to measure. At least with pills, you can say xxmg is a good starting dose, you can't do that with heroin.

Quote:
No, that's 10 "points". A point is usually 0.1mg. 10 of those equals a gram (1g).
Just to clarify, kailey had a typo. That should say "a point is usually .1 grams". Hopefully no one is buying .1 mg points, lol.

Never heard of "points" til I came on here...
Old 29-11-2010, 19:18
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingPictures View Post
Just to clarify, kailey had a typo. That should say "a point is usually .1 grams". Hopefully no one is buying .1 mg points, lol.

Never heard of "points" til I came on here...
HAHAHAHA, you're right, I'll fix that now. Thanks for catching that - I was looking at it, trying to figure out why it didn't look quite right. *grin*

I'd never heard of "points" either; it doesn't work like that around here. *shrug*

~Kailey
Old 12-02-2012, 01:18

Male from United States
SepCulpa is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Ive been looking all over this site and I cant find an answer. How long after taking an opiate do you have to wait before taking the first dose of methadone?
Old 12-02-2012, 01:47

53 y/o Male from England
mark andrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

why ? you dont have to be clear just take em both

The poster whos question you tried to answer would have more use if you had elaborated the answer more properly. Taking one CNS depressant on top of an other one is dangerous. No points taken because newbie
Old 12-02-2012, 02:04
..and your eyebrows

48 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,910, Level: 13 Points: 7,910, Level: 13 Points: 7,910, Level: 13
Activity: 34.6% Activity: 34.6% Activity: 34.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SepCulpa View Post
Ive been looking all over this site and I cant find an answer. How long after taking an opiate do you have to wait before taking the first dose of methadone?
The answer to that depends on which sort of opiate /opoid you took before. As they have different half-life-times, they take different times to be out of your system.
It is no good idea to take methadone when some other opiates are in your system like theposter above said.

For half-life times of drugs please visit the drug-wiki sites of these drugs. View here: https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sh...Wiki_main_page

As you seem to have been looking for the answer and found none, it would have been useful if you had started a thread on your question rather than put it in a thread that talks about a different theme.

Stay safe!

TBBW

Share this on:

Tags
convert heroin, converting heroin, dope, drugs-forum, heroin, heroin a, heroin dose, heroin to methadone, heroine, methadone, methadone dosage, methadone dose, morphine