Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Concerta & Ritalin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Concerta & Ritalin About Methylphenidate.

Old 02-01-2006, 19:05
Silver Member

26 y/o Male
amped should review received reputation comments.
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Snorting Focalin

Has anyone every snorted Focalin? Swim's friend was telling me about his ADHD perscription that he just got and that he had been snorting for 2 or 3 hours and went through about 10 pills. Him and a friend were doing it together and told swim that it is better than a cocaine high and that it lasts much much longer. Don't remember, but I think he told me they were high for about 50 mins after every snort on doing 1-2 pills.

I don't know anything about this and was maying thinking about trying it. A friend has told me not to because he says thats the kind of shit that makes you go nuts. Putting legions and holes in your brain, but so does coke?

Anyone know much about this Focalin?
Old 02-01-2006, 22:06
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
Focalin is a ADD/ADHD medicine which contains dexmethylphenidate. This chemical is similar to Methylphenidate (the stuff in ritalin) but it's twice as potent. I'm sure it could give a nice buzz, but I seriously doubt the dexmethylphenidate buzz is even close to the cocaine high as far as euphoria, ect.

Methylphenidate, and related compounds, are harmful is abused extensively. Years of heavy abuse could lead to psychosis and other mental problems, but using it once will not. Remember, this stuff is prescribed for everyday use in the 2.5-20 milligram range. Your concerned friend probably knows very little, if anything about the medication, but he/she knows that drugs can cause problems.

Also, cocaine has been shown to do many bad things if used for an extensive period of time, but is has not been shown to put legions in your brain. Please do not spread misinformation. There is actually a lack of information on the effects of cocaine use on the brain.
Old 24-11-2006, 02:22

Male from Earth
Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 911, Level: 4 Points: 911, Level: 4 Points: 911, Level: 4
Re: Snorting Focalin

SWIM has experience with this. It's nice because it was so damn easy for him. SWIM could open up the pill and pour out the little balls of dexmethylphenidate within, then easily grind them with a mortar or similar object into a fine powder.

SWIM has insufflated 60mg/dexmethylphenidate (a full 3 of the absolute largest pills available) on several occassions. SWIM notes how amazingly fast his resistance will build for this stuff. At first, he felt like he was flying, but then it became just a slight buzz.

Also, doing it may affect you in strange ways. If you change focus, and the lighting changes as you do, you may see unnatural flashes of light, but they always disappear within a few seconds.

Last edited by Nacumen; 02-05-2007 at 03:00.
Old 23-01-2007, 11:26

28 y/o Male
PHOENIX rider is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

SWIM has snorted 60-90mg of focalin XR in a span of less than an hour and felt a "speed-ish" high for a little bit. SWIM does coke often so his stimulant tolerance is high, but SWIM thinks (after trying both IR and XR adderal and ritalin) that focalin gives you the best high
Old 01-05-2007, 20:01

Male
pillz is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2

swim has snorted high doeses of focalin before with the little beads and the high is fairly strong but along with that swiys tolerance also goes up very fast.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:27
Palladium Member

Male from USA - California
Beltane probably knows what they are talking about.Beltane probably knows what they are talking about.Beltane probably knows what they are talking about.Beltane probably knows what they are talking about.Beltane probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,825, Level: 6 Points: 1,825, Level: 6 Points: 1,825, Level: 6

When back in his "home-town" (2-3 times per year for less thess than a week at at a time,) SWIM inevevitably hooks up with a soursce sho is big into IV Ritalin..

Yes, That's what SWIM mean to type.

So SWIM intetiably ends up joining his "friend" in this rediculous endeaver and will sum up his cumunlative epxerience(s) as follows:

- I.V. Ritalin is not I.V. Coke, so SWIM is ALAWAYS some degree of disappointed.

- There's little if any "rush" that occurs that can be compared with IV Coke.

- One can and ofent does stay up for DAYS doing this stupid kinda shit, and beliive my friend friend SWIM when he ways that as no point is it worth it.

- Pint-pong is more fun on I.V. ADD meds. SWIM knows it borders on irresponsible to mentio this, but he dies because he like ping-pong and he he likes it even more when shooting ADD meds.

SWIM's a little spun ATM so hopeufully there's something useful in there. The bottom line (for SWIM) is it's not woth I.V'ing ADD Meds and therefore (in keeping in line with thi thread) it's almost certainly not worth snorting them.

Night-

- Beltane
- There's differend forms of Ritalin, each (if not some) require specific preparatation methodds for I.V. Use
Old 17-06-2007, 23:25

Male
hoodabudda is a decent psychonaut.hoodabudda is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 307, Level: 2 Points: 307, Level: 2 Points: 307, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
When back in his "home-town" (2-3 times per year for less thess than a week at at a time,) SWIM inevevitably hooks up with a soursce sho is big into IV Ritalin..

Yes, That's what SWIM mean to type.

So SWIM intetiably ends up joining his "friend" in this rediculous endeaver and will sum up his cumunlative epxerience(s) as follows:

- I.V. Ritalin is not I.V. Coke, so SWIM is ALAWAYS some degree of disappointed.

- There's little if any "rush" that occurs that can be compared with IV Coke.

- One can and ofent does stay up for DAYS doing this stupid kinda shit, and beliive my friend friend SWIM when he ways that as no point is it worth it.

- Pint-pong is more fun on I.V. ADD meds. SWIM knows it borders on irresponsible to mentio this, but he dies because he like ping-pong and he he likes it even more when shooting ADD meds.

SWIM's a little spun ATM so hopeufully there's something useful in there. The bottom line (for SWIM) is it's not woth I.V'ing ADD Meds and therefore (in keeping in line with thi thread) it's almost certainly not worth snorting them.

Night-

- Beltane
- There's differend forms of Ritalin, each (if not some) require specific preparatation methodds for I.V. Use
dude ritalin is bunk compared to focalin.focalin imo is better than coke(swim gets the good shit too, flakes no powder) for two reasons purity and the high.the high is exactally the smae as coke except for the body high/numbing and it lasts twice as long.swim has never shot it but has smoked 15 mg on a bowl and wow he was flying higer than coke had ever got him.his pulse was 140bpm and someone slammed a car door in the parking lot near where he was and he jumped a foot in the air.it felt like all the dopamine in his brain was squirted out in one huge gush.he is guessing this is what crack is like.bottom line focalin kicks ass.and is waaaaay cheaper than coke.snorting is = to coke but again the high lasts double what coke does.
Old 18-06-2007, 02:02

Male from Earth
Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodabudda View Post
dude ritalin is bunk compared to focalin.focalin imo is better than coke(swim gets the good shit too, flakes no powder) for two reasons purity and the high.the high is exactally the smae as coke except for the body high/numbing and it lasts twice as long.swim has never shot it but has smoked 15 mg on a bowl and wow he was flying higer than coke had ever got him.his pulse was 140bpm and someone slammed a car door in the parking lot near where he was and he jumped a foot in the air.it felt like all the dopamine in his brain was squirted out in one huge gush.he is guessing this is what crack is like.bottom line focalin kicks ass.and is waaaaay cheaper than coke.snorting is = to coke but again the high lasts double what coke does.

Actually, Focalin and Ritalin are the same, except that Focalin contains just the d-isomer of methylphenidate, whereas Ritalin has more than just the d-isomer of methylphenidate. To my knowledge, the other isomers do almost nothing, except possibly add some discomfort in a minority of users.

I guess that means the placebo effect has worked its wonders yet again?
Old 18-06-2007, 02:51

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacumen View Post
Actually, Focalin and Ritalin are the same, except that Focalin contains just the d-isomer of methylphenidate, whereas Ritalin has more than just the d-isomer of methylphenidate. To my knowledge, the other isomers do almost nothing, except possibly add some discomfort in a minority of users.

I guess that means the placebo effect has worked its wonders yet again?
if the d isomer is 2-3 times as potent as the l isomer and focalin contains only the d isomer instead of a 50/50 mixture like ritalin then how is it not more potent/abuseable than ritalin.Its like l-methamphetamine compared to d-methamphetamine,the d isomer penetrates much better and acts on the cns more, where as the l isomer acts more on blood vessel constriction, physical effects,and dosent have much dopamine activity.pure d-meth is much more abuseable than than a mixture of dl meth.focalin is much more abuse worthy than ritalin.These results further demonstrate that affinity for catecholaminergic sites largely resides in the d-MPH isomer- http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10.1089/cap.2006.16.687

Last edited by hoodabudda; 18-06-2007 at 02:57.
Old 18-06-2007, 03:16

Male from Earth

Yes, Ritalin is not as potent at Focalin, because it contains less of the active isomer by weight. But, assuming that the division between the active and inactive isomers is half and half, ingesting 50mg of Ritalin should produce the same effects as 25mg of Focalin - but discomfort may be increased for some people.

Besides the presence of the undesirable isomers, the only thing changing is the quantity of the active methylphenidate isomer. Excluding some minor side effects, the same high can be achieved by either product - because in both drugs, the high is caused by the same active isomer.

Assuming that Ritalin is simply half as potent as Focalin in terms of the amount of the active methylphenidate isomer by weight, the differences between the highs of 50mg of Ritalin and 12.5mg of Focalin are really not any more different than the difference between 50mg of Ritalin and 25mg of Ritalin - excluding, of course, minor side effects caused by the 'inactive' isomers.
Old 18-06-2007, 04:39

Male

Quote:
Yes, Ritalin is not as potent at Focalin, because it contains less of the active isomer by weight. But, assuming that the division between the active and inactive isomers is half and half, ingesting 50mg of Ritalin should produce the same effects as 25mg of Focalin - but discomfort may be increased for some people.

Besides the presence of the undesirable isomers, the only thing changing is the quantity of the active methylphenidate isomer. Excluding some minor side effects, the same high can be achieved by either product - because in both drugs, the high is caused by the same active isomer.

Assuming that Ritalin is simply half as potent as Focalin in terms of the amount of the active methylphenidate isomer by weight, the differences between the highs of 50mg of Ritalin and 12.5mg of Focalin are really not any more different than the difference between 50mg of Ritalin and 25mg of Ritalin - excluding, of course, minor side effects caused by the 'inactive' isomers.
swim has been on both and has to say that focalin is still better than ritalin.snorted ritalin makes him fell edgy and shaky where snorted focalin makes him feel that cool coke exhileration with little motor stimulation.also 40(ish)mg of ritalin is alot of powder(xr or tablet,xr is less). each 15mg focalin xr(the tabs are rather bulky) can be done in a 1.5 inch tic-tac thin line.2 20mg ritalin xrs is double that ammount.since the d isomer is what is desired why snort all that other crap?imo the extra motor stimulation takes away from the high.if there was a table with 40mg of ritalin and 15mg focalin cut up on it and swim could only have one()he would choose the focalin.its all about the adderall any ways........
Old 18-06-2007, 05:12
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States
Bajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
I'm sorry, but those 'inactive' isomers you are referring to produce much more than "minor" side effects for some people.

Take my pet rabbit for instance. He gets headaches and is drowsy taking methylphenidate. He absolutely hates the stuff now. He just doesn't feel very good taking it, and taking more just increases the negative side effects. He just doesn't do well with it.

Now as for dexmethylphenidate, the rabbit enjoys this substance very much. He'd go so far as to say that he would prefer focalin to adderall in most cases when he has academic work to do, with the exception being when he hasn't slept for a long period of time. With focalin the rabbit feels energized and focused, yet he isn't speedy or jittery at all and is able to focus with just the right intensity on his work. Is a very far cry from what Ritalin/Concerta gets him. On paper it may say the missing isomer in d-methylphenidate only makes a small difference, but trust my rabbit, if you are sensitive to the incredibly irritating side effects possible with Ritalin, it makes a huge difference.

As for snorting, my rabbit thought it was fairly good, but would much rather just take it orally. As with snorting anything else, you get a quicker onset and more of a rush right after ingestion, but the effects aren't really as strong overall and it doesn't last as long. You would be much better off just parachuting focalin. My rabbit would rather save focalin for study enhancement rather than use it for recreational use, but he says it isn't bad recreationally. You just need more focalin to keep doing bumps when snorting, as opposed to the lesser material he feels he needs parachuting. Adderall is probably a better choice for recreational use, though the quantity of material available to you and whether or not you use focalin for academic purposes will probably influence any decision on whether or not to use it recreationally and whether to snort it or not.

Post Quality Evaluations:
great call on the side effects. May make someone think twice. I wish that someone was me sometimes.
Old 18-06-2007, 12:27

Male from Earth

To SWIM's sea monkeys, the effects Ritalin and Focalin have become for all purposes identical. Perhaps the sea monkeys should just be thankful that Ritalin doesn't bother them any more than Focalin - either way, they don't enjoy either feeling.

Whenever they insufflate Ritalin or Focalin nowadays, it feels the same for them - a sub-optimal buzz for 10-15 minutes then the feeling of absolute shit for much, much longer.

The sea monkeys notice the side-effects unique to Ritalin when it is ingested orally, but not intransally, so SWIM counted them among the users who prefer Focalin over Ritalin. But during insufflation, the high always feels the same for both substances.

It seems SWIM underestimated how much those other isomers can really ruin the high for other SWIMs. He has noted this effect and will not soon forget it.
Old 13-01-2010, 13:46

30 y/o Female
StonerGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted all the info they had on this subject. FYI- snorting didn't do anything for my "friend" but smoking it definitely did!!!! Thank you SOOOOO much for your insight!!! D.
Old 16-01-2010, 06:16

Male
Experimental is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

I am new to drugs. I've smoked weed maybe less than 20x and just did percs and oxys. And right now I DO NOT want to snort. I have about 100 focalin pills and I want to know how to take them without snorting or ODing. Does anybody have any advice, tips, or answers?

Experimental added 2 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

I forgot to ask how to smoke it. I do not know, and I figure this would be the right place to find out as long as I am asking the above question (btw, is there an edit feature?).

Experimental added 14 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

I also meant not "I" but SWIM. How does SWIM edit?

Last edited by Experimental; 16-01-2010 at 06:16. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, dexmethylphenidate, drug abuse, drugs forum, focalin, focalin effects, snorting drugs