Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 20-11-2010, 04:29
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female from United States
lovetheboy17 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
injecting oxy?

is it possible to shoot oxys? if so, let me know whatcha gotta do to keep it safe. much appreciated.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Use the search engine
Do not use abbreciations. Please refer to the forum rules...
Old 20-11-2010, 04:32
Gold Member

24 y/o Male from Earth
Nnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline Medline
Re: injecting oxy?

There are countless threads on this subject. Please use the search engine before starting a thread in the future:
https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/ta...ting+oxycodone
https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=74547

Also avoid abbreviations. Oxy what? Oxycodone? Oxycontin? Oxymorphone? Oxygen? With fillers or with acetaminophen?

Speedy response explaining importance of searching, with re-directs-helps keep the forum free from 'noise'.
very helpfull advice and safety info
Old 20-11-2010, 04:44

Female from United States
lovetheboy17 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

well my bad. Im new on the sight so i didnt know i could search and im not gonna sit here and review a bunch of threads..
Old 20-11-2010, 12:38
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
biggpri is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

if swiy is talking about the 30mg instant release oxycodone pills, swim believes they go under the brand name roxicet or roxycodone. they are small, blue, circular pills that easily dissolve. to inject them, all one needs to do is crush them, dissolve them in water (preferably distilled), and draw up the resulting solution through a filter into a clean syringe. no heat is needed and should not be applied because oxycodone greatly degrades in its presence. with all that being said, needle use is a dangerous path to be walking. swim knows from experience that one needs to tread this path carefully.
Old 20-11-2010, 14:11
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,400, Level: 7 Points: 2,400, Level: 7 Points: 2,400, Level: 7
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggpri View Post
if swiy is talking about the 30mg instant release oxycodone pills, swim believes they go under the brand name roxicet or roxycodone. they are small, blue, circular pills that easily dissolve. to inject them, all one needs to do is crush them, dissolve them in water (preferably distilled), and draw up the resulting solution through a filter into a clean syringe. no heat is needed and should not be applied because oxycodone greatly degrades in its presence. with all that being said, needle use is a dangerous path to be walking. swim knows from experience that one needs to tread this path carefully.
there are different manufacturers of oxycodone 30's. a couple brands draw up like they were made to be drawn up. heat should ALWAYS be applied because it will kill bacteria that could be in the water or on the pill it's self. heat enough so it boils for one half of a second and thats it, it wont kill the oxycodone unless you boil it for a while. even if boiling it for a second kills a mg or 2, its better that getting an infection
Old 20-11-2010, 15:18
Titanium Member

26 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

To kill bacteria, you have to boil for a long time. Several minutes. It would be impossible to kill the bacteria/etc. in a spoon of dope by boiling it. You'd evaporate off all your shit. You best bet to aviod germs is to use distilled water or steril saline solution. You can buy big bottles of the saline shit for real cheap at any pharmacy. It's used for contact lenses. Or boil the water you want to use on the stove for half an hour or so. Also, clean your spoon with alcohol pads, wash your hands well, clean injecting spot with alcohol, use sterile cotton, and clean the injection site after injection. That's your best bet for avioding infection.

spot on harm reduction advice
Old 20-11-2010, 15:41
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,462, Level: 21 Points: 21,462, Level: 21 Points: 21,462, Level: 21
Activity: 52.3% Activity: 52.3% Activity: 52.3%

To elaborate on that point, even if bacteria are heated this does not necessarily make contaminated material safe to inject. Some bacterial toxins are very heat resistant, and there have been a few (rare) cases of toxic shock caused by IV drug use reported in medical literature. As a precaution I suppose there's nothing wrong with heating, but really it's quite unsafe to administer anything that may have been crawling with bacteria directly into a vein, even after heating.

As long as the pills are properly stored, the water used is sterile, and the injection equipment is clean then hopefully the risk of bacterial infection is low. MovingPictures gave some very good tips on how this can realistically be accomplished.

Another important point I think: syringes and needles should not be re-used, as the plastics can be colonized by bacteria.
Old 22-11-2010, 12:23
Silver Member

48 y/o Male from United States
justtesting is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 84, Level: 1 Points: 84, Level: 1 Points: 84, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by osnappo View Post
there are different manufacturers of oxycodone 30's. a couple brands draw up like they were made to be drawn up. heat should ALWAYS be applied because it will kill bacteria that could be in the water or on the pill it's self. heat enough so it boils for one half of a second and thats it, it wont kill the oxycodone unless you boil it for a while. even if boiling it for a second kills a mg or 2, its better that getting an infection
Boiling oxycodone for a second, or many minutes will not "kill any mg". If you heat it to 220˚C, it will melt, however.

It's being "ultra-sensitive" to heat" is one of those old-wives tales (apologies to any old wives who may be offended) that crops up when one person asks if it is safe to heat it, another person responds "i don't know but it's better to be safe than sorry", then another: "Ive heard heating may damage XXX", where XXX is some other opiate, "heating may damage it", "heating can damage it", "heating damages it", "too much heat may destroy it", "too much heat will destroy it", "any heat will destroy it"....

In other words, it's the schoolyard game of "Telephone".

The next time someone tells you how "sensitive oxycodone is to heat", ask them for a reference. You won't get one. The best you'll get is "my friend joey heard it from a guy who KNOWS".

There is a great procedure for extracting 99.9% of the API from pills like the old style OC80's over on bluelight. It takes about an hour to process any number of tablets at one time, and never has problems with clogged filters because it uses wick filters (search for Open Air Siphon) instead of paper filters (with wick filters, the liquid travels upward, against gravity, leaving the particles behind, instead of both liquid and solids both trying to travel downward into a gravity based filter such as a coffee filter).

I mention this procedure up because it uses heat for both extraction and evaporation. If you want to look at it, search for "Stoufer's" (with one "f") using the "show posts" option. I'd copy it here if it were just a few lines, but it's more and I hate the idea of propagating umpteen copies of a file all over the place. If you make an edit to one of those umpteen copies, you have to track down all remaining <umpteen -1> copies to edit them too.
Old 11-12-2010, 20:45
R.I.P.

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,802, Level: 6 Points: 1,802, Level: 6 Points: 1,802, Level: 6

what about oxycodone liquid meant for oral use 10mg/1ml swim asumes one could not inject this as it would be much like methadone and be full of sugar's & colorings ect.... please could someone shine a light on this.
Old 11-12-2010, 21:04
Titanium Member

26 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

It is strongly not recomended. For it to be injected with even a tiny bit of saftey, one would need to follow this tek to the letter but replace "methadone" with "oxycodone". I do think you're mistaken on 10mg/mL. Most syrups are per 5mL (teaspoon) as 1mL is very hard to measure with a measuring cup or spoon. You can make a very big mistake if you're assuming it is 10mg/1mL isntead of 10mg/5mL.

I still advise against this. You're going to have to be injecting with a butterfly and a lot of solution so you'll have to inject very slowly meaning the rush won't be that strong plus all the other added risks. Oxycodone has great oral b/a. I suggest you use it orally.

Oh yeah, most of the materials needed to do this aren't available at most needle exchanges. They are eaisly obtained online but it would be damn hard to wait the 3 or 4 days it'll take to arrive when you've got some oxy sitting around.

some good advice on (not) injecting oral liquids...

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 11-12-2010 at 21:06. Reason: edit
Old 11-12-2010, 22:34
R.I.P.

adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.

Thanks swim thought would be hard work for not a lot of reward. the mg to ml ratio is right swim has a 1.5ml syringe to measure their oral doze.
Old 21-12-2010, 06:34
Silver Member

Male from United States
OC Head is an unknown quantity at this point

SWIM has been IVing oxycodone 30mg for about 7 months and it can lead to some damaging things, especially to your body.

For one, SWIM reccomends to never share a needle with anyone, even if the person says they don't have any infectious disease. The first time SWIM injected oxycodone he let the person do it for him. Little did SWIM know the person had Hepatitis C.

So SWIM eventually learned how to inject himself, and that lead SWIM down a path of destruction. 4 months after SWIM had been IVing to feed his horrible addiction, he discovered an early form of an abscess on his left arm. SWIM then went to a walk-in clinic to get it drained and then he was prescribed anti-biotics. It took SWIMs abscess about 3 weeks to go away.

While at the walk-in clinic SWIM decided to get his blood tested for infectious diseases. 3 days later SWIM went back to the walk-in clinic for his results. The doctor came in and told SWIM he had hep C. SWIM was very upset and started crying, but he got over it and learned more about the disease. SWIM was fortunate enough, atleast he didn't have HIV.

So in SWIMs opinion, don't share a needle with anyone...whatsoever. If SWIY can, then don't start injecting the stuff.

Thank you for sharing your story and I hope people heed your warning.
good harm reduction advice and thanks for relaying personal experiences!
Old 21-12-2010, 11:41
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtesting View Post
Boiling oxycodone for a second, or many minutes will not "kill any mg". If you heat it to 220˚C, it will melt, however.

It's being "ultra-sensitive" to heat" is one of those old-wives tales (apologies to any old wives who may be offended) that crops up when one person asks if it is safe to heat it, another person responds "i don't know but it's better to be safe than sorry", then another: "Ive heard heating may damage XXX", where XXX is some other opiate, "heating may damage it", "heating can damage it", "heating damages it", "too much heat may destroy it", "too much heat will destroy it", "any heat will destroy it"....

In other words, it's the schoolyard game of "Telephone".

The next time someone tells you how "sensitive oxycodone is to heat", ask them for a reference. You won't get one. The best you'll get is "my friend joey heard it from a guy who KNOWS".
Excellent info regarding the filtration using Open Air Siphon
I'm curious if SWIYs friend has tried the Stoufers method of extraction mentioned and got satisfactory results?
It just seems counter-intuitive to say that oxys are NOT heat sensitive, as the chemical structure of oxycodone is quite similar to codeine - and codeine is definitely heat sensitive.

Quote:
Codeine phosphate

Accelerated Degradation Experiment

Conditions

Procedure A1:
10 days exposure at 50 C and 100% relative humidity.

Procedure A2:
20 days exposure at 50 C and 100% relative humidity.

Procedure A3:
30 days exposure at 50 C and 100% relative humidity.

Procedure B1:
30 days exposure at 50 C and 100% relative humidity followed by 4 days at 70 C and 100% relative humidity.

Procedure B2:
30 days exposure at 50 C and 100% relative humidity followed by 7 days at 70 C and 100% relative humidity.

Appearance of the substance:
The substance, originally in the form of small colourless crystals or a white, crystalline powder, changes gradually after procedure A into a brown mass and after procedure B into a dark brown liquid.

Gain of moisture

Before exposure to heat and humidity: 5%

After procedure A1: 16%

After procedure A2: 30%

After procedure A3: 42%

After procedure B1: 45%

Conclusion:
Codeine phosphate is subject to decomposition under accelerated degradation conditions.

From the World Health Organizations Accelerated Stability Studies of Widely Used Pharmaceutical Substances Under Simulated Tropical Conditions
Granted, this study's version of acceleration is over the course of days not seconds or minutes - but the heat applied during extraction would be higher.
Its also worth noting that the Merck manual does state that oxycodone should be kept away from heat and light...? Any thoughts? catty is curious now because if there are references that suggest opiates/oids are not sensitive to heat she hasn't come across them and would like to learn more

ETA: I do realize the post I'm replying to is a month old, but I see that the OP has been online since and I thought it was worth clarifying further.

Always good to quote sources. Great job

Last edited by catseye; 21-12-2010 at 11:45. Reason: added note
Old 07-01-2011, 20:08
Banned

38 y/o Male from Scotland
Aberdonian should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

my pet sheep just tried to iv 5 of the 10mg ir capsules, poured them into a spoon covered them with 1 ml of water , gave it a good stir up and it turned into a more or less solid lump which he only managed to filter out .5ml of clear solution(he only had 1 ml barrels with blue detachable spikes) he injected it anyway and eat the solid lump from the spoon to make sure nothing went to waste didnt feel much from it so now he went and chewed up a couple 20mg oc's to make sure it wasnt a waste , i thought these ir were supposed to be very soluble or should he have used more water and a bigger barrel? anyway he has had enough of wasting these trying to get a better rush when he can get same effect eating them he still has 3 oc 20's left and 4 of the 10mg oxynorm left should he just wait a while and if nothing happens do the rest or wait and get a 3 cc barrell tomorrow and try doing the rest ,hshs swims just started getting really heavy eyes and its tkin ages to type this now so i think thats enough for tonight, my sheep has also snorted 300mg lyrica and taken 25mg valium , i think that was a fair deal 28 5mg vallies for 6x20mg oc and 8 10mg oxynorm eh! i hope thats not classed as price discussion as no prices were mentioned my sheep now gets this deal once a month which is good , sheep is feeling really nice now apart from itching from the 240mg of dh he took an ahouur and a haalf ago, its taken him 45 min to write this now so hes off to enjoy some floyd an surfing the nrt, take care guys!!

Aberdonian added 1 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

sorry never realised last post was a while ago!

Last edited by Aberdonian; 07-01-2011 at 20:08. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-02-2011, 04:36
Mercury Member

Male from Canada
Pain Hurts needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

if them can add that a best childhood bestwest friend was lost this past summer 2010 due to IV use and being ripped off , most and all of them come across have been total dirt and bad people to them.

Them NOT a judge. Just observe well. And Document best.
Old 14-02-2011, 04:20

Female from United Kingdom
aqua should review received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1

yeah, just crush, wet them with 60cc and filter with cotton into syringe. and bang
Old 21-02-2011, 18:37
Banned

33 y/o Male from United States
stimpcat is heading for the Darwin Award.stimpcat is heading for the Darwin Award.

No, best to do a proper extraction to remove all the Garbage in pills that can kill you.

At the same time you get stronger hits when sniffing or injection using this method that extracts every drop out of pills without keeping the extra crap!

https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...207#post956207
Old 05-03-2011, 00:32
R.I.P.

swim was wondering what sort of amounts swiy takes as in uk swim can only get 10mg slow realise pills or liquid 10mg/1ml which is instant release, swim has done exstraction on pills only totaling 140mg swim got a rush but no nod, the amount of water needed to cover powder is going on for 5ml swim got more taking 150mg of the liquid oraly, swim hanoticed swiy's in us get stronger pills from 30,80,120mg pills commonly discused, so far in trying this swim has used cold water then chilled, also hot water which has then been child, also swim has added a small amount of citric acid too see if there was any diffirence in effect's swim has not noticed any diffirence, swim is wondering if they are missing any off the oxy in the pill residue left behind?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:17

29 y/o Female from United Kingdom
southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.
Points: 1,921, Level: 6 Points: 1,921, Level: 6 Points: 1,921, Level: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzket View Post
swim was wondering what sort of amounts swiy takes as in uk swim can only get 10mg slow realise pills or liquid 10mg/1ml which is instant release, swim has done exstraction on pills only totaling 140mg swim got a rush but no nod, the amount of water needed to cover powder is going on for 5ml swim got more taking 150mg of the liquid oraly, swim hanoticed swiy's in us get stronger pills from 30,80,120mg pills commonly discused, so far in trying this swim has used cold water then chilled, also hot water which has then been child, also swim has added a small amount of citric acid too see if there was any diffirence in effect's swim has not noticed any diffirence, swim is wondering if they are missing any off the oxy in the pill residue left behind?
Peaches is in the UK and she is prescribed 60mgs OxyContin twice a day. They have 60mg tablets in the US, but SWIY is right in saying they dont in the UK. But, they do have 10mgs, 20mgs, 40mgs, 80mgs. Peaches gets 20's and 40's to equal 60mgs. Maybe I misinterpreted the above text but I just wanted to point put that they do have stronger oxycodone tablets in the UK than just the 10mgs.

Also, there is no 120mgs tablet. There was once a 160mgs OxyContin but after the extreme amount of OxyContin abuse/use in America, to my knowledge Purdue (the company that produces OxyContin in America) discontinued it.

Dont meant to correct you or anything. Just wanted to put the facts out there; you never know what kind of harm the wrong info could cause :)

SG.xxx
Old 15-03-2011, 19:01
R.I.P.

thanks for exsplaining tablet dozes avalible. hear in uk, swim was just meening what they had got & come across, swim was also not shure if they had been using enough to get desierd effects plus amount of liquid needed when useing 10mg pills is counter productive, next time swim is on pc & not phone some poss rep coming ur way phone wont allow it, so knowing every one has diffirent tollarence what sort of amounts does swiy inject at 1 go as quality h not around all swim has is 10mg tablets need to get as much out of them as can.
Old 21-03-2011, 21:27
Silver Member

Male from United States
coffster98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheboy17 View Post
well my bad. Im new on the sight so i didnt know i could search and im not gonna sit here and review a bunch of threads..
Nice attitude. Now we know why you have a shitty rep right now. Why don't you contribute something useful to the forum, instead of acting like your King Shit.

My apologizes to everyone else for getting...

Warning: going off topic by responding to a dumbass member who hasn't been active in months is going to get YOU bad rep. When people make idiotic posts, bad rep them, report the post, and move on.
Old 23-03-2011, 04:50
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
BumpBump is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 161, Level: 2 Points: 161, Level: 2 Points: 161, Level: 2
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Swim gets hold of 80mg napp oxycontin in the Uk

Swim has injected then and its alot easier than using 10mg tablets.
Swim finds the rush very short lived with IV oxycodone, lasting about an hour. Snorting seems a better option as that lasts more like 4 hours

Last edited by BumpBump; 23-03-2011 at 04:57. Reason: added to the post

Share this on:

Tags
injecting oxycodone