Old 14-11-2010, 12:56
Silver Member

Male from USA - California
Enlightenment is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 270, Level: 2 Points: 270, Level: 2 Points: 270, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
MDMA + Alcohol = ?

hello everyone,

swim was just up bored thinking a little bit and his mind stumbled upon this subject that has been concerning swim for a while now.
swim is fairly experienced with molly and pills, and has rolled let's say around 10-15 times. never has he ever combined the mdma he has taken with alcohol.
but the more and more he talks with people about rolling, the more he finds that people tend to mix alcohol and molly. particularly the story goes something like, "swim was really drunk, and then decided to do a line or two of molly". obviously some people are more likely to roll when theyre plastered. swim even heard one chick tell him that she didn't enjoy molly by itself, but with a few beers on board she LOVED it.

now, swim likes to think of himself as somewhat of a 'safe' user, whatever that means, and knows that in an ideal world, these two should not be mixed at all, with the main cause of concern being the heart (the tachycardia of mdma, and the depressant effects of alcohol).

what is swiy's view on drinking and rolling at the same time? as dangerous as it might seem? or simply just a really good time?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Use the search engine, this was covered many times on D-F.
Old 14-11-2010, 14:55

Male from United Kingdom
rl1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: MDMA + Alcohol = ?

SWIY should also consider the fact that they are more likely to get badly dehydrated drinkin alcohol with MDMA. That said, SWIM personally believes MDMA to be one of the safer drugs around - if you're making sure you watch yourself then everything is going to be ok. However, SWIM finds that MDMA loses its effects when combined with alcohol (although SWIM does overdo it with his alcohol tbh). SWIM's advice - if you want to try it is:

- Make sure SWIY has a drink of water with the beers. 1 beer = 1 glass of water. (make sure SWIY doesnt drink too fast though, we've all heard about the mdma related deaths from drinkin too much water before)

- Restrict SWIY's beer intake depending on their tolerance to alcohol (eg. being a heavy drinker SWIM needs 6/7 pints before he can start feeling the beer. Therefore he will drink no more than 6/7 pints mixed with drinks of water while also taking MDMA. For most people this will probably be 2/3 beers.)

- Do it at a quiet party with friends before doing it while out clubbing or anything. If anything does go wrong then a quiet party is much safer than a club and SWIY will have the opportunity to sit down and relax more. Once SWIY has a comfortable alcohol:mdma ratio then going out should be fine.

Thats all SWIM can think of at the moment. He is a little unsure about the second point - its entirely possible that it could be dangerous, however SWIM is just basing this on his own experiences and he has had no trouble from this. Best advice would be to simply stick with MDMA alone though.
Old 14-11-2010, 16:09
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

50 y/o Male from Earth
Wanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,721, Level: 12 Points: 6,721, Level: 12 Points: 6,721, Level: 12
Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3%

Here's some information from the FAQ:

Mixing MDMA and Alcohol

In the hamster's experience, alcohol and MDMA aren't a particularly rewarding experience. The alcohol will too quickly overpower the good feelings from the MDMA and it will feel lose its special feelings.

One beer, maybe two, but in addition to the diuretic effects of the alcohol, and the overpowering effects of alcohol, the hamster would tend to say it should be avoided. Not particularly to due to health reasons, but it just plain spoils the feelings and really isn't that much more fun.

That's just the hamster's opinion.

Be well...
Old 14-11-2010, 16:14
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
wespawloski is a decent psychonaut.wespawloski is a decent psychonaut.

SWIM would just like to make a point that he has blacked out from alcohol much easier under the influence of amphetamines/mdma than otherwise! He can not confirm the science, but his tolerance to alcohol is perceived to be greatly increased while under such influence. He also has a much more difficult time detecting his level of drunkenness, because he is frankly having too great of a time :P
Old 14-11-2010, 19:35

22 y/o Male from United States
Nhollinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

I heard this from some random person... " I took 4 points of molly, and drank heavily for a few hours... after this I almost blacked out, and was beggining to feel sick... usualy when I feel sick I smoke some weed, and my stomach is settles instantly... although it did not have that effect... so instead I snorted a few lines of coke, wich seemed to kill the alch effects... and it seemed like i continued rolling, although that could have been the coke."

i'd say that drinking well on mdma is fine just don't over drink, otherwise you will blackout pretty easy and need to find something to combat it.
Old 14-11-2010, 20:27
Palladium Member

EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Priapism9 has some interesting anecdotal stories where he claims beneficial effects from mixing a low dose of alcohol in, but those should be read carefully. Personally, swim has almost always taken mdma sober but he has twice while drunk, once while extremely drunk. Besides frequent urination/taking care of hydration, he didn't feel that the drunk negatively impacted his roll too much. Of course, he thinks it would have been better to have just taken one, but he has combined both before, while being able to feel both substances.
Old 14-11-2010, 21:06
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United Kingdom
GaryKoji is a decent psychonaut.GaryKoji is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2 Points: 186, Level: 2

Can't confirm any science for you I'm afraid, but I can say that SWIM has NEVER taken MDMA without medium to copius amount of alcohol. SWIM has done this probably more than 200 times. Same for 95% of SWIM's MDMA loving friends. No problems to report apart from that combining with strong spirits resulted in increased amnesia in the morning, occasionally. SWIM can usually tolerate more alcohol when on MDMA, SWIM is usually an alcohol weakling. lol.

SWIM cannot think of a time when he has taken MDMA without combining at very least, alcohol.

Still, this is anecdotal, and comes from a time before SWIM really thought much about the phramokinetics of polydrug use. You are wise to research before hand.
Old 14-11-2010, 21:19
Silver Member

wespawloski is a decent psychonaut.wespawloski is a decent psychonaut.

I know someone who would second the feelings of GaryKoji, whenever hes been under the influence of MDMA, and alcohol is around, he will most definitely indulge in the spirits. Its a pleasant mix indeed.
Old 14-11-2010, 22:22
Silver Member

Male from USA - California
Enlightenment is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 270, Level: 2 Points: 270, Level: 2 Points: 270, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Thanks for the responses. It sounds like the consensus is just don't over do it (as with anything) but that a few beers won't hurt, and might only make it better for some.
provided caution, swim will probably give it a try at some point.
but then again, swim wouldn't want to dampen a roll if he didn't have to, so we'll see
Old 15-11-2010, 19:23

Male from United Kingdom
SPACECADET80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

My cat said he usually has a couple of beers to start with, just so you start to feel that pleasant alcholhol glow, then add the magic ingredient and Woohoo!! always do it that way for last 15 years!! Then just sip another beer or two throught the roll!! Havnt been able to get real pills or moll since 2006 my cat said! Hes gutted and has given up hope cuz of all the shite thats around!!
Old 22-11-2010, 00:25
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
port 21 is a decent psychonaut.port 21 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 729, Level: 4 Points: 729, Level: 4 Points: 729, Level: 4
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I cant stand the idea of drinking on mdma. Alcohol just ruins shit.

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, ecstasy, mdma