Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Cannabis addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabis addiction Support for coping with Cannabinoid & Cannabis dependence.

Old 30-12-2005, 23:25
Gold Member

Male from Finland
jarka is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 249, Level: 2 Points: 249, Level: 2 Points: 249, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Best "replacement" for weed?

Can anyone advise me any "replacements" for weed?
I think I'm gonna try to quit soon enough and I was wondering, what should I do if I feel like smoking some.. I think I'm gonna drink lots of beer in the future
Old 30-12-2005, 23:45
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from England
psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.
Points: 1,865, Level: 6 Points: 1,865, Level: 6 Points: 1,865, Level: 6
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Are you looking for something that is similar in affects to MJ or something to simply smoke instead? As there is nothing really that is anything like MJ IMO whereas there are plenty of other herbs you can smoke instead.

And I don't think giving up MJ then taking up drinking more beer is a great idea, just sticking to MJ would probably be better for you.
Old 31-12-2005, 02:04
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
You could search for the thread about things that are similar to weed, but no drug can really duplicate the effects of good ol' THC. Replacing it is obviously the next best thing, and if you must, you have other options.

Alcohol is the drug of choice for most people these days, and beer is usually the stuff people go for. Beer is also nice cause hops is an ingredient, and it also is sedating. If you ask me, the combo of alcohol and hops is somewhat synergenic. Hops is also closely related to marijuana, and on it's own, hops is pretty relaxing (for a health food store herb anyways).

I would not recommend hard drugs to replace marijuana, and I'm sure you would agree. Quiting pot and replacing it with harder drugs seems kinda stupid, so that wipes out a whole lot of potential replacements. Alcohol is more harmful that marijuana, but it is socially acceptable, so the legal reprocutions are limited.

There are a number of natural highs that can be found with some research. I would recommend looking online for herbal highs and such, and I don't mean the pills that are being sold as herbal E, ect. The bulk plant material is usally the best. For me, kratom is my favorite, but there are tons out there. Kava, kanna, savlia, amanita muscaria, the list goes on. Erowid has all the info you need on there plants.
Old 31-12-2005, 02:10

Male
bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 694, Level: 4 Points: 694, Level: 4 Points: 694, Level: 4
I used no drugs when i was trying to quit weed, exept mabey more nicotine then usual which still wasnt much at all. What i did do though when i was really feining was i would smoke herbal teas out of a pipe, not to get high just so that i was smoking something. I dunno why but just because i had smoked something and had smoke in my lungs definatly seemed to kill the cravings a little.
Old 31-12-2005, 02:15
Silver Member

27 y/o Male
amped should review received reputation comments.
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
I forgot where I heard or saw this but I saw something once where people that smoke MJ or cigs or anything arn't just addicted to the effects but addicted to smoking and going through the motions. Such as smoking from a bong or pipe or smoking a cig.

I, myself can cut down my cig craving by just holding one in my mouth for a while but eventually I have to light it.
Old 31-12-2005, 02:17

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Thats interesting bcstoner. Many people who talk about they're addiction to cigarettes describe how they find the ritual of lighting up, flicking the ashes, and so on, to be enjoyable in itself. They often describe about how they miss more than just the nicotine, they miss the activity of smoking, and the social aspect of having a smoke with other smokers. Perhaps one might benefit from smoking other herbs when quiting marijuana.
Old 31-12-2005, 02:20

Male
Hey amp, thats weird, we posted pretty much the same message, I didn't mean to copy you hehe. Thats interesting how just holding a cigarette in your mouth can reduce the craving. Part of that might be that your mind is satisfied because you know it's an oppertunity to smoke a cigarette.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:38
Silver Member

27 y/o Male
amped should review received reputation comments.
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
I can relate this to cocaine to. The best part of snorting coke is when swim tilts his head down and actually does the sniffing ^_^. Latley, swim hasn't found himself doing much white, which is good :P
Old 03-01-2006, 15:52
Gold Member

Male from Finland
I think I might try smoking hops..
Old 06-01-2006, 13:10

Male
sidewalkpharmacist is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 138, Level: 1 Points: 138, Level: 1 Points: 138, Level: 1
my old 4th grade teacher told us about how her dad died from smoking cigars and for 4 years before he died he quit by jus having an unlit cigar in his moth which he called his binky
Old 14-01-2006, 06:27
Silver Member

u4ic is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1
I think sobriety is a great replacement for being stoned. I can't stand weed. You would have to pay me to smoke it. Being sober is twice as fun as being high on pot anyway so I don't see the problem. It just makes me paranoid as hell and it's very relieving to sober up. That's just my opinion. About half of my friends love it the other half hate it, go figure. Just be glad that marijuana withdrawal is purely pyscological and not physical. Just stay busy and don't sit around and think about it. I acually used to be a huge stoner and when I quit I think I had some panic attacks. It's a damn shame I didn't have access to xanax back then. I barely knew what a tranquilizer was let alone about the benefits of benzodiazepines. The greatest drugs in the world in my opinion.
Old 15-01-2006, 18:26
R.I.P.

Male
raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.
Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6
IMO there really isnt a replacment for bud. Its in a class of its own. If there was any replacement SWIM would have to say maranol or some hash. Besides those two substances, there really have been no chemicals that are comparable to some bud.
Old 21-01-2006, 09:46
Banned

28 y/o Male
bonghed is heading for the Darwin Award.bonghed is heading for the Darwin Award.
Maybe try eating some food? if you haven't already, it's different effects and not unhealthy (well everything could be unhealthy). Maybe kratom, Try typing exactly what your looking for in the search engine, you get all the same results and faster. (i'm a hippo)

If you feel like smoking bud, it's up to you want you want to do, just do what you want, but consider things, my problems is i live for the second, so my decisions are usually based on what i wanna do that second, anyway, Maybe look into other herbal things like kratom, but why you wanna quit weed to replace it. Health issues? work? law? just not for you? Are you looking for a legal alternative or what?

Last edited by bonghed; 26-03-2006 at 22:59.
Old 22-02-2006, 03:44

Male from United States
marleysherb is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
One good replacement that I have found for MJ is salvia. With the leaves and a torch lighter, it feels somewhat similar to the effect given from THC. More magical and shorter duration, but it seemed to work for me. Stay away from the extracts unless you want to be an astronaut. )
Old 25-02-2006, 13:43
Gold Member

Male from Finland
Well, actually I haven't been able to stay away from MJ :P What I want is to limit my smoking.. I just don't want to smoke every day anymore.. It seems wrong to me By the way, what is maranol? Anyway I think benzodiazepines would be good alternatives but they scare me a little bit..
Old 25-02-2006, 22:24

Male
bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 694, Level: 4 Points: 694, Level: 4 Points: 694, Level: 4
Maranol is synthetic THC in pill form, I have heard it's not all that recreational but my guess is it would still tone down any phycological withdrawals. It's used medically though so good luck obtaining some.

Last edited by Dickon; 04-06-2009 at 15:41. Reason: bad advice
Old 26-02-2006, 18:58

27 y/o Male
IHrtHalucingens is on the way upIHrtHalucingens is on the way upIHrtHalucingens is on the way up
Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4
excersize is the best replacement for weed. feeling really healthy is better than any drug i think. Then you can enjoy the occasional combonation of the two.
Old 27-02-2006, 10:39
Palladium Member

Male from United States
CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.
Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5
The way swim sees it, is if you are going to bee a regular drug user, cannabis is by far the safest, and least likely to cause physical damage/addiction, including the legal drugs, such as alcohol and cigarettes.. With that being said, it can help to use chew sticks to appease the oral fixation.. Swim wouldn't really suggest smoking any other herb to replace cannabis, as it would seem to be defeating the purpose of quitting.. Swim has quit all hard drugs for the most part(including ecstasy, cigs, liquor, cocaine, opiates, and pharmies) but enjoys cannabis daily, trips off of LSD or various natural entheogens about 1-3 times a month, and enjoys a few beers a few times a week ... Swim has never felt healthier or happier...

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol and cannabis, beer, best cannabis, cannabis, cannabis addiction, cigars, drug, drug replacement, drugs, drugs-forum, herbal medicine, marijuana, marijuana addiction, mdma, pharmaceutical, pot, quitting cannabis, replacement therapy, tea, valium, weed

Sitelinks: Information: