DMT and Ayahuasca DMT, Phalaris, Yopo, Mimosa, Virola & Ayahuasca

Old 11-11-2010, 22:18
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

31 y/o Male from United States
MindAsh is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
harmaline hcl and dosing as well as a question regarding opiates in conjuntion

a colleague was asking me if i could help them acquire knowledge as to the sublingual and oral doses needed in regards to harmaline to cause effects solely on its own. would anyone happen to know how much is needed and in regards to the sublingual route most importantly, how long would it be necessary to keep it under my colleague's tongue without swallowing for maximum results? on a secondary note, this colleague also informed me to ask what sort of effect Harmaline hcl might have in conjunction while under the influence of Poppy Pod Tea, all the info my colleague has come across so far for our academic studies says that RIMA MAO-I's have either no effect on classic opiates or that they indeed potentiate them some but are relatively safe to use in conjunction with each other. thank you in advance for any insight any of you may have to offer

MindASH,

All
Shall
Heal
Old 12-11-2010, 03:47

Male from United States
phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.
Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6
Re: harmaline hcl and dosing as well as a question regarding opiates in conjuntion

what is the effect swiy is going for, and are they taking pure harmaline or syrian rue.

the dosage will vary depending on desired effects, while afoaf has no experience with harmaline he does have experience using hallucinogenic doses of syrian rue and can attest to the fact that it does indeed give one quite an interesting but fairly uncomfortable hallucinogenic experience in high doses, not really like any other class of hallucinogen though, pretty unique but it will clean you out (vomitting your guts out.)

relaxation-euphoria (low dose)

hallucinations-visual distortions-nausea-vomitting (high dose)

also remember if one plans on consuming MAOIs to follow an maoi diet so as to avoid serious complications.

I also think Maoi will greatly potentiate opiates but this may be dangerous and low doses should be used of both substances.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:08

Re: harmaline hcl and dosing as well as a question regarding opiates in conjuntion

The intended effect my colleague is seeking is a visionary experience regardless of comfort by using 95% pure Harmaline Hcl crystals. this colleague has in the past used syrian rue in doses as high as 12 grams without any noticed effects aside from mao inhibition making mimosa tea active orally and puking their brains out. my colleague does know that the dose range for oral administration of harmaline for use on its own is aprox 150-300mg but they only have a limited ammount and are trying to conserve. as far as opiates go it seems they have experimented with sublingual doses of harmaline ranging from 10-45mg without any potentiation effect upon the opiates (poppy pod tea) nor any effects from the harmaline itself and also not a single negative side effect as this was generally to be expected based upon the research they had done online regarding medical patients being prescribed both Nardil(sp?) a prescription full effect MAOI and Suboxone which is a Opioid used in the treatment of various opiate/opioid addictions. Also Syrian Rue and its alkaloids are not traditional MAOI's but fall into a subclass known as RIMA's which have little to no effect when combined with foods rich in tyramine which my colleague will attest to as they have used harmala alkaloids all of which are RIMA's in the past without any regard to diet aside from their first experience with syrian rue and have even tested the outcome of any such food interaction on their lab animals with multiple experiments spanning 11 months without a single negative result or discomfort. some basic info about RIMA's is this

Reversible inhibitors of monoamine oxidase A (RIMAs) are a class of drugs which selectively and reversibly inhibit the enzyme monoamine oxidase A(MAO-A). RIMAs are unlikely to elicit tyramine-mediated hypertensive crisis , and a special diet does not need to be so strictly adhered to, although eating excessively large amounts of tyramine-containing foods is still not advisable but unlikely to pose a threat. Also instead of completely destroying MAO-A and MAO-B RIMA's only temporarily inhibit MAO A while ignoring MAO B entirely allowing tyramine to still be digested

i hope that clears up some misunderstandings regarding Harmala's, Diet and the subclass of MAOI they make up. but i will add that any and all medications should still be avoided a few days prior to anyone injesting any RIMA, those rules still apply and i hope that someone with more information might step forward to help my colleague with his original question.

Thank you kindly
All
Shall
Heal
Old 12-11-2010, 18:52
Palladium Member

25 y/o Male from Finland
psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.
Points: 1,847, Level: 6 Points: 1,847, Level: 6 Points: 1,847, Level: 6

Seeing the 4-fold dose of 12 grams didn't bring on a visionary experience, I'm inclined to believe the collegue won't find it using solely peganum harmala. A collegue of mine reports mild visionary experience from regular doses of 3.5 grams. Altough mild, it's a certain dreamy state with meaningful visions when the eyes aren't focused. For example, he saw a panther in dark on a rug which had a fitting texture.

The safety margin is enormous, as you propably know. There has been a report of grandmother feeding 140 grams of peganum harmala as a medicine to her offspring(yagh!), which resulted in hospitalisation but was not life threatening.

May I ask if your collegue has any specific reason for trying only peganum harmala, and if he/she has experience with ayahuasca brew including DMT? Good luck!
Old 13-11-2010, 03:13

Male from United States
phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.phenythylamine must live here.
Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6 Points: 1,580, Level: 6

^^ while I dont know if harmala or harmaline is solely responsible for the effects I do know that some people experience minor to moderate hallucinations and visual distortions from high doses of syrian rue seeds, afoaf included although he got so sick he would never do it again, the effect is described by many to be mostly just visual trailing, your mind totally unable to keep up with your body, and maybe some minor corner of the eye hallucinations in the dark. its not really worth it, best to just brew up some aya, but to say it cant cause hallucinations/visions I dont think is correct. ethnos are known to affect different people in different way and sometimes not at all, not all seeds have the same concentration of alkaloids so the effects may vary.
Old 13-11-2010, 03:14

my colleague does in fact have quite a bit of exp with tea made with mhrb and rue with very good effects but they are not looking for something quite that profound or debilitating currently, and once again its not rue being used here its harmaline hcl in crystal form

Share this on:

Tags
dmt, harmala, harmaline, opiates

» New Threads
Should i come off suboxone?
Last post by figgy
4 Replies, 74 Views
Tramadol use after prescribed for...
Last post by detoxin momma
2 Replies, 21 Views
Hallucinations on MDMA comedown?
Last post by Jozi Gold