Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 09-11-2010, 17:07
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
ToP-NoTcH is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Lorazepam to Clonazepam??

Swim has been on lorazepam for years but always abused it. Script of 90 1mg last 5 days max. Swim always takes 10mg right away then is in a walkin coma for the next week. Swim just got a script of 90 1mg kolonipin and was wondering how much should or would swim need to feel off 10mg of lorazepam ? And swim knows it's not safe to take that much just would like the feedback. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2010, 22:59
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
fizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way up
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: Lorazepam to kolonipin??

Clonazepam is a much longer acting benzo than lorazepam. This makes it great for tapering, though it does not sound like that is what your friend wants to do. 0.5mg of clonazepam is roughly equivalent to 1mg of lorazepam as shown in this thread http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16708. So 5mg of clonazepam = 10mg of lorazepam, sort of...

Due to the difference in duration between the two meds, it does not really mean that taking 0.5mg of clonazepam will give you the same effects as 1mg of lorazepam. Your friends best bet is to try a low dose and see what it does in order to get a better idea of how he will react to it.

Keep in mind that clonazepam has anti-seizure properties so going through the whole script in a couple of days could prove potentially fatal due to the immense withdrawal that would soon follow.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good info, advice.
Old 09-11-2010, 23:12
Banned

26 y/o Male from United States
Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzle View Post
Clonazepam is a much longer acting benzo than lorazepam. This makes it great for tapering, though it does not sound like that is what your friend wants to do. 0.5mg of clonazepam is roughly equivalent to 1mg of lorazepam as shown in this thread http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16708. So 5mg of clonazepam = 10mg of lorazepam, sort of...

Due to the difference in duration between the two meds, it does not really mean that taking 0.5mg of clonazepam will give you the same effects as 1mg of lorazepam. Your friends best bet is to try a low dose and see what it does in order to get a better idea of how he will react to it.

Keep in mind that clonazepam has anti-seizure properties so going through the whole script in a couple of days could prove potentially fatal due to the immense withdrawal that would soon follow.
Lorazepam has anti-convulsant properties as well. It is used commonly in hospitals and wards to stop seizures. While seizures are seen in Benzo withdrawal, they are generally a result of benzo withdrawal after several months of daily use. Acute abuse of benzos for a few days is unlikely to produce as pronounced withdrawal symptoms as changes in the BZP subunits of GABA receptors will be much less than that of an individual taking the drug as prescribed for a long period of time.

To the OP, Clonazepam will not hit as hard or as fast as Lorazepam; its actions are much more drawn out and more "steady", if you will. You may find it less pleasurable.

It is considered somewhat "less" abuse prone than its shorter acting brothers Lorazepam and Alprazolam; Ativan, and Xanax, respectively.
Old 11-11-2010, 17:23
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Kalendren is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

My friend switched from Ativan to Klonopin and he didn't notice a difference. When he first made the change, his very first Klonopin pill made him a bit dizzy, but nothing like what several mg of Ativan wouldn't do. If the OPs friend is wanting to abuse it...I don't think Klonopin would be good for that. Its more to prevent anxiety from happening at all, so it doesn't act fast or hit hard.

My friend had to take Klonopin for 2 weeks before he even noticed the anxiety relieving effects. I would say to tell your friend to not even try to abuse the Klonopin. It isn't worth the possible risks, and probably won't feel much. At least, my friend didn't feel anything when he took over the recommended dose.
Old 11-11-2010, 21:58
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
fizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way up
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalendren View Post
My friend had to take Klonopin for 2 weeks before he even noticed the anxiety relieving effects. I would say to tell your friend to not even try to abuse the Klonopin. It isn't worth the possible risks, and probably won't feel much. At least, my friend didn't feel anything when he took over the recommended dose.
While that may be true for your friend, it is certainly not a universal reaction. In fact, I find it quite surprising that anxiety relief was not felt until week two. Clonazepam is not something that needs to build up in one's system in order to be effective. It is not like an SSRI which does not become effective until used for a month or so. While I don't doubt you, I just want to make clear that for 99% of people, effects will be felt within an hour.
Old 17-11-2010, 23:27
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Kalendren is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzle View Post
While that may be true for your friend, it is certainly not a universal reaction. In fact, I find it quite surprising that anxiety relief was not felt until week two. Clonazepam is not something that needs to build up in one's system in order to be effective. It is not like an SSRI which does not become effective until used for a month or so. While I don't doubt you, I just want to make clear that for 99% of people, effects will be felt within an hour.
Yes, my friend was quite disappointed with his reaction to it. He expected immediate relief, instead he felt like he was back on Fluoxetine. It DID work after a few weeks, my friend told me, but my friend was definitely hoping for immediate results. Perhaps my friend got a weak batch? He does not know, nor have any way of testing. It was generic, Qualitest, but my friend says they are usually good for him. My friend told me he is going to ask the doctor for diazepam or alprazolam after taking clonazepam for a while. My friend is afraid his doctor will think he is abusing drugs if he switches too often or keeps asking for a different script.

Share this on:

Tags
ativan, benzodiazepine comparisons, benzodiazepine dose comparison, benzodiazepines, clonazepam, comparing benzodiazepines, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, klonopin, lorazepam