Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antipsychotics
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 04-11-2010, 02:24
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Randomiiza is a decent psychonaut.Randomiiza is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 280, Level: 2 Points: 280, Level: 2 Points: 280, Level: 2
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%
Injecting(IV) Seroquel and other Anti-Psychotics

Howdy y'all,

I searched and could not find ANYTHING on this, if I didn't search hard enough, I blame the TFSE.

So swim has been on meds for about 10 months.

Anti-psychotics for 8, Seroquel for 3.

He has developed a tolerance, obviously, where 100mg would make him too drowzy, now 600mg is easily shruggable.

Medically, this is fine, sleep is still normal, schizophrenic symptoms abated, but swim would like to know if injection,whether IV or IM is possible with these substances?

Swim is sober, lol off illegals anyways/and alcohol, but he used to be an avid IM user. Why IM? Because that's what needle he first found.

But he's always been interested in trying IV.

So IVing his seroquel is his only chance, at least for using a psychoactive drug.

And yeh I can imagine the answers...DON'T IV MEDS, FILLERS,BINDERS BLAHA. And STAY AWAY FROM NEEDLES!

But I'd imagine people are going to do this anyway, there should at least be some information on it.

I can say personally, swim will NOT do this without information, but I'm sure there are others who search this site, find nothing, and get hurt.

My only regret is that this thread will give people ideas...

Thanks for the informative replies!

Post Quality Evaluations:
honest about own use and a valid call for discussion of associated risks
Old 04-11-2010, 02:42
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Canada
Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.
Re: Injecting(IV) Seroquel and other Anti-Psychotics

Well Nez's happy mask has tried previously at IVing seroquel.

This is just his experience, and in no way does he recommend anything....

Having a major needle fixation and IVing pretty much any substance whether illicit or pills he thought it would be 'not a good idea' but 'hey ill give it a try' sort of thing. He has read somewhere that prisoners used to use seroquel + cocaine to mimic the effects of a speedball except they called it a Q-Ball, so of course the addict in him pushed on for this little experiment.

He tried this at least 4 times, as a few times he sort of chickened out due to fact that the preperation looked very questionable to him and common sense kicked in and said 'ehh maybe you shouldnt'. The one time he actually did do it, it was 50mg that he had prepared... the solution was really cloudy and again he was hesitant but he did inject it. At first he just froze expecting this overwhelming sedative effects but nothing happened. Didnt feel anything at all. Not saying 50mg is too small of a dose and that a higher dose needs to be tried... its just what Nez's happy mask did. After some thought about why this failed, he sort of just realized that it was pointless to try again as he could really fuck himself up and if anything was to go wrong he would rather it be Heroin than Seroquel.

He has pretty much given up on the thought of IVing any other pills than Narcotics. Hes not going to bother saying dont do it cause from his own experience, he does it anyway... but if you are really like nez's happy mask... trust him when he says, its a waste of time.

Be careful...
Old 04-11-2010, 04:14
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

^^ please listen to Nez's happy mask!
Seroquel(quetiapine fumarate) is only moderately water soluble - so really not a good choice for injecting (aside from the obvious points the OP made about not IV'ing pills anyway). A quick search on the internet says their bioavailability orally is 100% so there wouldn't be anything gained from altering the ROI effects-wise.
If your friend absolutely still must try, please use a wheel filter at the very least to minimise the binders, etc. entering the blood stream.

Last edited by catseye; 04-11-2010 at 04:16. Reason: clarify comment
Old 04-11-2010, 11:44
Titanium Member

Female from Canada
Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.Canmedaa must live here.
Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4 Points: 934, Level: 4

Haloperidol is the IV anti-psychotic of choice, however no physician in their right mind would prescribe it to a patient who would be self-administering. IV anti-psychotics are for use in the hospital alone, and often only used during crises situations in which a patient has become violent or otherwise unruly. IV Haloperidol is also used as a 'chemical restraint' in some patients.

If one finds that they are expeiriencing tolerance to their medications and wishes to increase the dosage then they are strongly advised to take these concerns to the prescribing physician. Haloperidol is availble for prescription to patients who will be self-administering if the OP would be interested in discussing changing the current anti-psychotic to a different one.

Good Luck,
-CAN

There is no indication for the use of IV haloperidol in treatment or management of psychosis
Old 04-11-2010, 16:43
Silver Member

Male from Canada

Swim was previously on Haloperidol, 1mg every four hours.

He still has some. Canmedaa, were you talking about pills or prepared liquid?

And no, swim needs to stress that this tolerance is fine medically, only irksome mentally.

If Seroquel is 100% active orally, would injection feel exactly the same, or would there be some kinda rush?

And I would have expected more experience reports, lol I didn't ask for them, but I didn't think it would be this uncommon. Maybe we just need time.
Old 04-11-2010, 16:52
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male from United States
dyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13
Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0%

I can understand trying to satisfy a needle fixation, but I still don't understand why someone would want to inject Seroquel.

SWIM has injected all kinds of drugs, but has to say he doesn't see the point in injecting something that isn't going to do anything, besides destroy your veins and cause health problems with all the filler in the pills. For a greater bioavailability? If that's the case it would be much better to just take more.

I am curious - is it the needle fixation? SWIM would highly recommend injecting something else, something that is definitely injectable, rather than IVing Seroquel. I doubt it is a very common thing, and there is undoubtedly very little information about it. It has a moderate chance of being extremely harmful.
Old 04-11-2010, 17:46
Silver Member

Male from Canada

Yeh I guess it is lol

Swim just doesn't want to use illegal drugs.

Off topic to ask for suggestions eh

Well, it's pretty obvious...find a new fixation.
Old 05-11-2010, 16:31
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from Romania
VyRuZ is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 163, Level: 2 Points: 163, Level: 2 Points: 163, Level: 2

Regarding SWIYou's tolerance to Seroquel, I think it's only perceived.

SWIM's doctor put SWIM on 800mg Seroquel XR, the max clinical dose, because 600mg didn't feel alright. It actually has a paradoxic effect on SWIM - 300mg & 600mg caused more sleepiness than 800mg, which feels perfect. Doctor also described Seroquel as being paradoxic in effect, with higher doses causing even more energy.

Because SWIM has extremely depressive episodes, 2 or 3 times a week because of external factors, he was also put on Depakine/Valproic Acid, in order to make SWIM's fuse last longer. It worked from the very first damned pill.

Now, I deviated a bit, but what I wanted to say is this: you probably haven't developed a tolerance and you should probably not do the IV thing. Talk to your doctor to go to 800mg, and maybe you too will feel better. If you have any other effects which you feel aren't controlled by Seroquel, talk about adding something else. I'm sure there is a cure for everything!
Old 05-11-2010, 16:52
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VyRuZ View Post
Regarding SWIYou's tolerance to Seroquel, I think it's only perceived.

SWIM's doctor put SWIM on 800mg Seroquel XR, the max clinical dose, because 600mg didn't feel alright. It actually has a paradoxic effect on SWIM - 300mg & 600mg caused more sleepiness than 800mg, which feels perfect. Doctor also described Seroquel as being paradoxic in effect, with higher doses causing even more energy.
Atypical Antipsychotics are strange drugs indeed! I suppose that's part of the reason for the "atypical" in the name.

This post might help explain why 300mg & 600mg of Seroquel (quetiapine) are more sedating than 800mg. Though the linked post is in a distinctly non-medical-text style, it makes quite a lot of sense.

The linked thread is a good read for anyone, but especially people who are exposed to quetiapine (Seroquel) in some form.

To the OP - more isn't always better, especially when it comes to these medications! The above post can explain it better than I, but if one's looking for a more drowsy effect, they would be wise to add an additional drowsy medication (under doctor's supervision, of course!), rather than attempt injection of antipsychotic medication!

The BEST one could hope for, since quetiapine isn't overly water-soluble, is a suspension; this would be VERY BAD - particles floating around in the bloodstream, with the ability to clog up veins, arteries and/or capillaries, causing tissue death/limb death/overall death, without a rush or even a high to speak of on the way out? YUM, sign me up!

Jokes aside, I suppose the best next step would be for one to discuss the continued needle fixation with someone (therapist? 12-step program sponsor?) and try to work through it. Needle fixation isn't fun. (I realize I'm stating the obvious there!)

Good work for your buddy there, it's not easy staying away from alcohol & the illegals, no matter what reason it's being done for! *grin*

All the best.

~Kailey

good reply on possibity of cardivascular occlusions
Old 05-11-2010, 17:17
Silver Member

Male from Canada

Very interesting...well the next time Swim sees his doctor, this will be brought up.
Old 05-11-2010, 19:02
Silver Member

Male from United States
SWIMJIM is learning how to become a psychonaut.

*gets tardive diskinesia just thinking about this* No way.
Old 29-09-2012, 02:00
Policy, Various & Reviews
Co-Moderator

49 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,136, Level: 12 Points: 7,136, Level: 12 Points: 7,136, Level: 12
Activity: 11.6% Activity: 11.6% Activity: 11.6%

Another reason to avoid intravenous use of antipsychotics is this:

"There is also a higher probability of QT-interval prolongation in patients using any intravenous antipsychotic drug, or any antipsychotic drug or combination of antipsychotic drugs with doses exceeding the recommended maximum. Cases of sudden death have occurred." (British National Formulary 63 March 2012).

An increased probability of sudden cardiac death for no real recreational gain. Even if quetiapine had recreational value this would be a very risky route of administration.

Last edited by Mindless; 29-09-2012 at 02:04. Reason: new sentence
Old 29-09-2012, 02:44
Silver Member

Male from USA - Georgia
sikk66 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

My friend's pet penguin has done this. Several times. In doses ranging anywhere from 50mg to 500mg. He did use a wheel filter for these experiments. He wanted me to let you know that it is a complete waste of time. He had no effects whatsoever from the IV Seroquel.
Zero reward for way too much risk.

Just thought I'd pass this story along to you.
Please be safe

relevant and informative post
Old 27-10-2012, 03:10
Silver Member

Female from Australia
medicated_life is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 10.5% Activity: 10.5% Activity: 10.5%

Injecting Seroquel is pointless, it's not very water soluable and provides no rush/euphoria whatsoever from injecting. THIS MEDICATION HAS NO RECREATIONAL VALUE. I don't know why people think it does...

And injecting seroquel is dangerous becuase of the binders/fillers in the pills, just like injecting most psychiactric medications. Very very bad idea.
Old 27-11-2012, 06:27

34 y/o Male from United States
jermeypayne420 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Bangin' seroquil was used as a last resort to fall asleep faster than oral injestion while dopesick and tryin to kick heroin. 400mg's slowly dissolved in water for around 10 minutes. Felt it a little, but the junkie wasnt subdued.

use as described in this post may have fatal consequences
incredibly dangerous advice.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 22-07-2013 at 17:15.
Old 30-11-2012, 18:40
Policy, Various & Reviews
Co-Moderator

49 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,136, Level: 12 Points: 7,136, Level: 12 Points: 7,136, Level: 12
Activity: 11.6% Activity: 11.6% Activity: 11.6%

The oral dose proposed in the above post would present an increased risk of adverse effects. It is worth noting that the total maximum daily dose is 800 mg, in two doses. Some of the more alarming risks that accompany doses in excess of this maximum are cardiovascular side-effects such as tachycardia, arrhythmias and hypotension. Seizures are another possibility, as are Stevens-Johnson syndrome and rhabdomyolysis (the release of muscle fibres into the bloodstream) which may result in kidney damage.

QT-interval prolongation is more likely where maximum dose is exceeded. There have been cases of sudden cardiac death associated with QT-interval prolongation arising from antipsychotic use. I'm aware that I'm repeating information I gave earlier in this thread, I just want to make it clear that there are substantial increases in risk associated with excessive oral doses as well. This applies to antipsychotic drugs in general.

It is important that there is a controlled titration of dose with quetiapine. For example 25 mg twice daily is the maximum dose on day one, 50 mg on day two and so on, increasing in increments. Suicidal ideation may occur with quetiapine use, especially on initiation of use. Please only take this drug as prescribed and definitely not at single doses of 800-1000 mg.

Source: British National Formulary November 2012.

Last edited by Mindless; 01-12-2012 at 00:31. Reason: format and new comment
Old 14-01-2013, 20:10
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Netherlands
Psychonauticunt is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1

Whatever neuroleptic you choose, make sure you research its solubility, and whether or not it is suitable for injection in general.

I have once shot up an antipsychotic, Nozinan (methotrimeprazine/levomepromazine). I had accidentally taken way too much amphetamines and had already been up two nights, so I could feel the shadow people gathering. Nozinan is absorbed very slowly when taken orally so I injected it. I filtered a tablet, but it is also supplied as injection ampoules so I figured it was a viable way of taking it.

Worked well; within 15 minutes I was sleeping like a baby and the shadow people were told the party was over and all left.

Share this on:

Tags
antipsychotics and sudden cardiac death, bad ideas, intravenous injection, qt interval prolongation, risks of iv antipsychotic use

» New Threads
Prescribed Klonopin 1mg 3x a...
Last post by alienhunter
2 Replies, 65 Views
10 days baby!!
Last post by Dawn Godess
7 Replies, 137 Views
Kanna and list of herbs..
Last post by Castillo1
15 Replies, 352 Views
Is LSD worth it?
Last post by Beta