Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antidepressants
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 11:51
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
JamieJ is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Snorting Venlafaxine? (Effexor)

Would this work? SWIM is thinking about trying it and wondered if it would be worthwhile?
Old 04-11-2010, 20:31
Palladium Member

28 y/o Male from Luxembourg
C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.C.D.rose really knows their shit.
Points: 3,601, Level: 8 Points: 3,601, Level: 8 Points: 3,601, Level: 8
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Re: Snorting Venlafaxine? (Effexor)

How? Why? What?

Your friend really has to give you some more information on what he's trying to achieve if he wants serious answers to the question. I assume he intends to use venlafaxine for recreational purposes. This is probably already more or less impossible. Antidepressants generally take days, if not weeks, to "kick in" (if taken daily of course), and even then their effect is not in any way comparable to "true" recreational drugs - healthy persons probably won't get any effect at all out of them. On top of all that, snorting it. Why? Even if you have actual Effexor, and not the slow-release formula, that's not going to change anything about how it is going to be active, so other than doing damage to your nasal mucosa, snorting it won't do anything that taking it orally wouldn't do.

I don't get the whole thing though. Could you elaborate on what exactly you are intending to do?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thoughtful, caring reply to a reasonably outlandish question
Old 05-11-2010, 04:05
Titanium Member

Male from Morocco
abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 975, Level: 4 Points: 975, Level: 4 Points: 975, Level: 4
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

Venlafaxine is a SNRI used in the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder. There is no recreational use in antidepressants. Not only do they have no recreational use, they can take several weeks to actually build up efficient levels and noticeable therapeutic effects. Even so, using them without having any knowledge of the drug could cause serious problems (I.E Serotonin Syndrome, and MAOI interactions with SSRIS ). Antidepressants are not a joke, and should not be played around with! These drugs are used for people who have serious depression, and only should be used under a doctors discretion. And snorting it? Come on, that's just silly...

I suggest walking away from mom's prescription bottles and going for a soda instead.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:48
Silver Member

Female from United States
supervalu is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no recreational value to Effexor. Just don't.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:35
Silver Member

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Freaky is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by supervalu View Post
There is no recreational value to Effexor. Just don't.
I'd second that.....and i take i for medical purposes
Old 09-11-2010, 22:00
Silver Member

29 y/o Female from Canada
Rin_Weh is captain of the psychonauts.Rin_Weh is captain of the psychonauts.Rin_Weh is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 456, Level: 3 Points: 456, Level: 3 Points: 456, Level: 3

Venlafaxine in high doses or if one is just beginning, will get one "high" but not in any way pleasurable unless one is prone to self-destructive tendencies, but even then it isn't pleasurable, it's punishment.
In high doses, especially if repeated, Effexor will make one not only psychologically unstable but also physically. One's body will hurt- from difficulty with breathing to very, very sore muscles.
It's been awhile so Rinny cannot remember everything associated with too much of this drug, plus her experiences are slightly messy because she was often mixing with high doses of diphenhydramine hydrochloride but she does recall some experiences with Effexor only.

Short term effects of too much of this drug can produce confusion, depression, serotonin syndrome, difficulty in otherwise logical thought patterns, paranoia, etc...
Long term abuse can cause much of the same but a seemingly more permanent state because one is so high and the drug stays in the system for awhile so continued use only pushes one further into their delusional mind set.
Also, withdrawals are hellish with prolonged use at prescribed doses to recreational doses and regular use/abuse.

If one snorts the drug, it will likely burn.
Rinny has never snorted Effexor but she has snorted Zoloft when she was a kid. It did nothing but burn.
Rinny does not recommend snorting Venlafaxine nor taking this drug at a recreational dose, *especially repeatedly*.

Choppy writing but Rinny hasn't typed/written anything much in a long time.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Well, this is a good start then! Great advise and warnings about the horrible side-effects. Why this person would want to snort Effexor is beyond me...

Last edited by Rin_Weh; 09-11-2010 at 22:15.

Share this on:

Tags
antidepressants, drug, drug abuse, drugs, drugs-forum, efexor, effexor, hydrochloride, insufflate, insufflated, mdma, recreational dose, recreational use, snorting, snorting drugs, venlafaxine