Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:22
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
mickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medline
Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Meperidine (Demerol), what and how?

As many swiy's will know, swim is an IV heroin addict and has been for some years. Recently swim has come into contact with Meperidine, of the brand 'Pethidine'.

They are 10mg pills, apparently 50mg pills may be available soon.

His question is, are these likely to be intravenously injectable, are there any specific things to note when IVing meperidine pills?

Are they all injectable or are some impossible to prepare for injection?

Basically, being in the UK, opiate pill abuse, particularly injected, is very rare, and pretty much limited to codeine/dihydrocodeine, so swim just needs the low down on these pills, and how to prepare them for IV, rough doses etc.

Thanks in advance, swim did a search first but couldn't find anything specific to his needs.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:31
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18
Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5%
Re: Meperidine (Demerol), what and how?

50 mg pills have always been available in the UK. Sparkles was given them after she had her C section. Really short acting, not much of a rush from IV use. And at high doses (according to the BNF) they can produce seizures.

What exactly does Mr. Bee need to know?

Sparkles.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:49
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
mickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medline
Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Swim was just wondering whether or not anyone had any experiences IVing them, and if so whether it was worthwhile, how easy, how safe etc.

Basically just wants any info from swiy's who've done them so he's clued up before he does them himself, (if he decides it's worthwhile).

Swim had heard they had a rush more similar to Dilaudid and were basically great, but swim's getting the impression that's not so much the case.........
Old 01-11-2010, 16:10
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

In america, the 50 mg are the most common ones. I think we only have 50mgs. There's a kind with promethazine in them also. The kind with prometh are the best because they give the best rush. A heroin addict would need way more than 10 mg. The amount a heroin addict would need wouldn't even fit in a standard 1cc syringe if he were using ten mg pills. An addict would need at least 100mg, IMO. My friend used to shoot two of the prometh. combo ones and get pretty high and have a nice rush but nothing like heroin or dilaudid. He was addicted to heroin at the time but his tolerance wasn't very high.

On how to prepare, prepare like any other pill. A wheel filter is needed to minimize risk.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:26

Male from United States
bwally12345 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

has anyone personally tried this.....^^^^^^ dont really wanna go poking around based on a friends information...Does anyone know if i can inject the 50 mg capsules (mepergan fortis)?????
Old 05-01-2012, 04:54
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from United States
drumlord420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwally12345 View Post
has anyone personally tried this.....^^^^^^ dont really wanna go poking around based on a friends information...Does anyone know if i can inject the 50 mg capsules (mepergan fortis)?????
Should be fine...it's only demerol and fenergan...
Old 10-01-2012, 04:27

Male from United States

lol....Should be fine, or will do the job ,and not kill me????? lls........?????
Dose????
Old 10-01-2012, 13:45
Mercury Member

36 y/o Male from England
MadOne needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

injecting demerol and promethazine tablets would produce a similar rush to injecting diconal tablets although probably not as nice and deffinatly not as strong 100mg of demerol is probably about the same as 1 10mg diconal tablet

MadOne added 4 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

oh yea pill abuse is not rare in the uk mickey at all !!! suboxone subutex methadone mst continus tablets etc are regually injected in every big town and city in the country not forgetting my personal favourte diconal !

Last edited by MadOne; 10-01-2012 at 13:45. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2012, 15:31

Male from United States

Do you know if i need to cook, or cold shake?....and what i have is mepergan, but i believe that is is dimerol ,and prom,combined
Old 11-01-2012, 03:50
Silver Member

Male from United States
acexnx316 is on the way upacexnx316 is on the way upacexnx316 is on the way up
Points: 295, Level: 2 Points: 295, Level: 2 Points: 295, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwally12345 View Post
Do you know if i need to cook, or cold shake?....and what i have is mepergan, but i believe that is is dimerol ,and prom,combined
It is generally recommended to never heat the solution when prepping a solution to inject parentally (IV) from a pill made for oral administration. This can be for a number of reasons ranging from risk of the solution gelling up/thickening, destroying or reducing potency of the solution from the heat destroying active chemicals/ingredients, etc.

Heating is used to help a chemical more readily dissolve into a solution when water itself is not enough and the excess heat added will aid the solid (drug) to breakdown into the liquid for a more complete/concentrated solution.

So the short answer is, simply, NO. All one needs to do is crush the pill into a very fine powder, add enough liquid to make a solution thin enough to draw into an insulin needle, mix, filter with a micron/wheel filter (the more times one filters, the better in terms of harm reduction), draw up into the needle one will be using for injection and proceed to do so.

Take care and be safe!
Old 18-02-2012, 23:25
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from United States
drumlord420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

By "should be fine" I meant, you can inject up to 150 mgs of demerol, depending on your tolerance...
Old 16-05-2012, 16:57

40 y/o Male from Canada
skyguy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not an intravenous user, I prefer to snort or smoke. I got my hands on a few meperidine (demerol), crushed them up and snorted them. They felt Like a hot fire poker in my nose. Does anyone know if you can smoke them? If so, how? Thanks All
Old 17-12-2013, 22:22

19 y/o Male from United States
OxyAnarchy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Yeah, Demerol isn't the best choice as far as abusing goes. I mean I do it, but its given me a seizure before. I was at work when it happened. I had only taken 600mg, then just, bam, seizure. I was rushed to the ER. I was also taking some sleep medication that had mild seizure risk to. Injection is by far the only real way to get high off Demerol. Eating them is a waste, and snorting is waay to painful for it to be worth the high. Just be careful, its one of the more dangerous synthetics.
Old 29-01-2014, 20:57

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
TheKLF should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

Hi guys, may I ask my question here (hope you don't mind)? A friend of mine recently got access to pure liquid demerol made for injection use: 100 mg's a vial, 2 ml's (50 mg's/ml solution). So, my question is: can someone share experience with IM (as he intended to use this) use of the thing? I've heard some mixed reports from various sources and they are so different that me and my friend are really confused...

What I've heard for example:

- That it is extremely dangerous, the dangers of it have not been noticed until recent, and for that reason (seizures induced) it is rarely and rarely used nowadays.

- Next: the opposite! That it is kinda weak, and the people even mixed it with morphine (and IV it) in 2:1 proportion, and still not satisfied.

Somebody to tell me the truth? Should be mentioned that my friend has a tolerance to the opiates measured in ar. 200 mg's of oral morphine a day, and close to the same quantity (but divided in 3 or 4 parts i.e. separately done during the day, and with the usual losses during the preparation) IV, IM and SC. The question is, I believe, interesting, read a few things of the immense euphoria produced by the demerol, and once another friend told me of the immense but short lived pleasure he expereinced drinking the same vial (at once).

TheKLF added 151 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxyAnarchy View Post
Yeah, Demerol isn't the best choice as far as abusing goes. I mean I do it, but its given me a seizure before. I was at work when it happened. I had only taken 600mg, then just, bam, seizure. I was rushed to the ER. I was also taking some sleep medication that had mild seizure risk to. Injection is by far the only real way to get high off Demerol. Eating them is a waste, and snorting is waay to painful for it to be worth the high. Just be careful, its one of the more dangerous synthetics.
Well, If I read it right, seizure from 600 mg's + something else...Doesn't actually sound dangerous, if one plans to try 100 mg's max...But there was something in the medical descrpition that confused my friend: the instructions for IV was to mix with destilated water (for injections) in solution 10 mgs/ml, why tf is that? And what would happen if someone IV'ed 50 mg's/ml solution?

Last edited by TheKLF; 29-01-2014 at 20:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 31-01-2014, 09:16

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
TheKLF should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

it is quite strange...This friend of mine is telling me now that he did 25 mg's (low dose in every list) pethidine hydrochlorid IM at the morning, ar. 20 hours after his last IV shot of morphine (again low dose) and 13 hours after the little bit higher oral dose. And he was surprised to say about the effects. They seem simultaneously strong and weak, like they cannot cover completely his morphine withdrawal but at the same time hit him hard, like lightheadness and other strange effects, like strange, metalic taste in the mouth...And he wonders if this is the pethidine or the withdrawal...almost 3 hours after his IM shot of 25 mg pethidine. What do you think?

TheKLF added 189 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

As a whole, it should be said, pethidine (even IM, not IV) is not so weak: even almost 6 hours after the use of 25 mg (=2,5 mg morphine, accordingly to the medical) the effects are felt, and they seem more norpethidine than pethidine itself. Was pleasant only the first two hours (a distinct euphoria in hour 1 - not the whole hour but there was something), afterwards just something like headache (the strange taste in the mouth gradually dissappearing), not pleasant at all, almost convulsions felt in the body. My friend concluded for himself it is too dangerous and non-pleasant to avoid the risks. He said he can imagine how one can have a epileptic seizure from this. Why they use this (crap) but not heroin e.g.?

Last edited by TheKLF; 31-01-2014 at 09:16. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
analgesic, demerol, diconal, drug, drug forums, drugs-forum, heroin, how to cook, injecting, injection, iv preparation, iving, meperidine, narcotic, opiate, opoid, pethidine, promethazine, shoot up, shooting up

» New Threads
I'm Immune to Getting Addicted.
Last post by idfma
1 Replies, 2 Views
Feeding a grocery habit one day at...
Last post by Fidget247
44 Replies, 3,021 Views
How could someone even start with...
Last post by Joe29
1 Replies, 77 Views
Why can't I tolerate pot anymore?
Last post by SolarScience