Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cannabis
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabis Use, cultivation & production of Marijuana, Hashish, Ice-o-lator & Hemp.

Old 23-10-2010, 18:57
Banned

Male from Canada
Roger Rabbit needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Does liquid marijuana exist?

Is it possible to make a liquid version of marijuana with all the essential cannabinoids and no lipids or alcohols used as solvents?
Old 23-10-2010, 19:11
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from England
psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.
Points: 1,865, Level: 6 Points: 1,865, Level: 6 Points: 1,865, Level: 6
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Re: Does liquid marijuana exist?

Pure THC is an oil so in a sense yes although not sure about making an extract with all the CBDs. They a probably oils too though so it should be possible although don't if they could be extracted in the same way. THC is extracted with butane gas then purified by distillation.

Last edited by psychedelaholic; 23-10-2010 at 19:32.
Old 23-10-2010, 23:28
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20
Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3%

Whats the problem with using lipids or alcohol to make this product?
Old 24-10-2010, 08:02
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

An extraction always involves SOME kind of solvent. Steam distillation likely wouldn't work well due to the non-polarity of the actives, but fractional distillation would work to purify it. Best route would likely be to do a lipid extraction followed by fractional distillation.

Potter has a very good question for the OP. If a pure form of THC is sought, I see no reason why a solvent couldn't be used and then removed. I don't see how one could isolate THC without the use of some solvent. I think the OP needs to learn a bit about the basics of purification and isolation of compounds.

EDIT: I just now re-read the OP and see that a full-spectrum is sought. To be clear a fractional distillation would allow one to extract and purify specific compounds, but would not give a full-spectrum, unless one where to combined various fractions after the fact (which of course would be un-purifying a purified substance :P)

Last edited by Jasim; 25-10-2010 at 03:16.
Old 24-10-2010, 19:03

Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute

Thirsty? Why not open an ice-cold bottle of pot-infused root beer?

A new line of pot-infused beverages masquerading behind soda flavors are now available to patients with a prescription for medical marijuana. Made by Colorado-based Dixie Elixirs, the carbonated drinks are marketed to medicinal-marijuana patients who wish to avoid “weed culture” stigmas.

The organic drinks come in eight different flavors (including root beer, pink lemonade or grape) and serve as alternatives to smoking cannabis, which is legal for medical use by prescription in 14 states and used as an alternative to pain killers. (Who knows? Maybe Ms. Norbury's marijuana tablets aren't so out of the question after all.)

No word yet on how much a case of drinkable marijuana will cost, but we have a feeling it may run a little higher than anything Pepsi is pushing.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/09/30/...#ixzz13Ih6Jpfw
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dixie-bottles.jpg (16.8 KB, 17 views)
Old 25-10-2010, 01:40
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Lethargy really adds to the discussion.Lethargy really adds to the discussion.Lethargy really adds to the discussion.Lethargy really adds to the discussion.Lethargy really adds to the discussion.Lethargy really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,245, Level: 5 Points: 1,245, Level: 5 Points: 1,245, Level: 5

A FOAF who has a medical cannabis recommendation in California has had bottled cannabis-infused iced coffee and said it tasted delicious but for the price he could have made an edible about 4x as strong. Anyhow, the point: the drink had no dairy in it nor any oily top layer, so no known medium for dissolved cannabinoids.

Coffee does contain natural oils, but only a very small amount, perhaps enough to successfully dissolve cannabis infused oil without creating a separate layer. We don't know who made the drink so cannot contact and ask them.
Old 25-10-2010, 02:12
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2

Does hash oil count? You could throw butane through weed and then dissolve your butane extract into some other form of liquid. Or something similar. No alcohols, no lipids, no chemical residue.

Old 25-10-2010, 03:25
Palladium Member

56 y/o Male from United States
Balzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline MedlineBalzafire must mainline Medline
Points: 7,022, Level: 12 Points: 7,022, Level: 12 Points: 7,022, Level: 12
Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7%

Even if one were to perform a biosynthesis of pure THC, I'm pretty sure I remember reading that it would not be water soluble, so the short answer is no.

Last edited by Balzafire; 25-10-2010 at 05:13.
Old 25-10-2010, 22:05
Banned

Male from Canada

Thanks for your feedbacks everyone. I like how this thread is turning out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatal View Post
Does hash oil count? You could throw butane through weed and then dissolve your butane extract into some other form of liquid. Or something similar. No alcohols, no lipids, no chemical residue.

What other liquid do you think would dissolve this butane extract? Enlighten me.
Old 25-10-2010, 22:08
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from England
psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rabbit View Post
What other liquid do you think would dissolve this butane extract? Enlighten me.
Is it that SWIY wants a drinkable version of cannabis? THC lots of solvents although the majority cannot be drunk. Ethanol is the best bet. Could be diluted with water not sure how much by though.
Old 25-10-2010, 22:11
Silver Member

37 y/o Male from Denmark
blackone is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Glycerine will dissolve THC. I wonder if that's how the beverages are made? Perhaps water with a small concentration of glycerine will still be able to hold enough thc to get you high.
Old 25-10-2010, 22:22
Banned

Male from Canada

I forgot to say please. My apologies. Don't kill me.

The THC in marijuana irritates my throat when I smoke it and therefore my throat closes and thus the marijuana cannot fill it up to eventually reach my brain and so I haven't gotten high by smoking for well over a year. WHAT CAN REPLACE SMOKING THAT GIVES AN EQUALLY EFFECTIVE HIGH? DON'T TELL ME EATING IT BECAUSE I'VE SPOKEN TO FRIENDS AND THEY SAY THAT EATING MARIJUANA DOES NOT GO TO YOUR HEAD, THEY SAY IT'S A BODY HIGH!!!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Rude and confrontational. You don't always get the answer you want immediately.
continually breaking the SI rule after being told MULTIPLE TIMES
Old 25-10-2010, 22:44
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from England

Whether THC is smoked or taken orally it still enters the bloodstream it just kicks in slower and lasts a much longer time when eaten/drunk. Making a drink with THC in it and eating THC in brownies or whatever will have exactly the same effect. Head high and body high has more to do with the strain of weed. Cannabis Indica produces more of a body high and Cannabis Sativa produces more of a head high.

If SWIY cannot smoke then they could get a vaporizer. There is no smoke only THC vapour which shouldn't effect SWIYs throat.

Helpful advice given here with a good explanation.
Old 26-10-2010, 04:44

Male from Earth
skjellyfetti is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1

While his understanding is that this process involves alcohol (esterification), which the OP is trying to avoid, SWIM thought it worth noting the following quote for reference:

Quote:
OSS scientists created a highly potent extract of cannabis, and through a process known as esterification, a clear and viscous liquid was obtained. The final product had no color, odor, or taste.
This experimentation was part of studies that were conducted during World War II by the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), which was the predecessor to the CIA.
The OSS were attempting to develop a drug to induce speech during intelligence interrogations. The OSS chose cannabis as the most likely agent to induce speech, and the liquid they produced was injected in food and given to unwitting subjects. These studies were continued (and expanded) by the CIA through the infamous MK-ULTRA project during the Cold War. That's another story in itself...

The quote is from the following book, which is a worthwhile read:

Lee, Martin. A and Shlain, Bruce. Acid Dreams - The Complete Social History of LSD: The CIA, the Sixties, and Beyond. New York NY: Grove Press, 1992.

good information here, a nice read
Old 26-10-2010, 07:31
Silver Member

37 y/o Male from Denmark
blackone is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rabbit View Post
I forgot to say please. My apologies. Don't kill me.

The THC in marijuana irritates my throat when I smoke it and therefore my throat closes and thus the marijuana cannot fill it up to eventually reach my brain and so I haven't gotten high by smoking for well over a year. WHAT CAN REPLACE SMOKING THAT GIVES AN EQUALLY EFFECTIVE HIGH? DON'T TELL ME EATING IT BECAUSE I'VE SPOKEN TO FRIENDS AND THEY SAY THAT EATING MARIJUANA DOES NOT GO TO YOUR HEAD, THEY SAY IT'S A BODY HIGH!!!
A glycerin tincture can be used as a sublingual spray or drop. In that case of course don't dilute with water.
Old 26-10-2010, 20:30
Banned

42 y/o Male from United States
devildust1972 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

There is liquid THC,comes in the form of eye drops ,for people with glaucoma,do not know if it has any recreational high potential.Do not know it's medicinal name, AFOAF takes it daily.
Old 26-10-2010, 20:56
Banned

methdeath420 is referring to Marinol,a synthetic form of THC ,produced from crude oil derivative ,termpene olivitol,through a process called liquid chromatography.it is pushed through a silica gel column producing 99% pure THC....know this from research for a term paper.Marinol has very bad side effects,and was never meant to be taken by humans. info was gathered from a july 1994 issue of HIGH TIMES.
Old 27-10-2010, 02:55

Marinol comes in a softgel, not drops, it is not meant to be put in the eyes.

There was a mouth spray Sativex I think that was released in Canada, but that was not for oracular use either.

I would be VERY weary of anything claiming to be eyedrops that do not come fully labled WITH a full sheet of indications. If some amateur is manufacturing eyedrops, there is considerable reason to be weary. Eyes are about the easiest place to get an infection or injury, they are simply not well protected other then at avoiding getting things in them. Eyedrops are made under extremely well sanitized conditions and have been buffered to be as close to eye chemistry as possible. This is NOT IN ANYWAY a process that should be screwed around with in a clandestine lab.

I can not find anything but the following as far as pharmacutical grade eye drops. I deeply apologize for this quote... it's shameful, but it all I can find
Quote:
So, dude, should all glaucoma patients start lightin’ up?

Scientists want to create chemical analogs, drugs that simulate THC’s chemical activity without the psychoactive high. Best data to date shows that THC will reduce the intraocular pressure, but not as much (nor as consistently) as other proven medications. Volunteer patients using topical THC eyedrops do not get high, horny, or hungry.

There already exist many more consistently effective eyedrops that are proven to lower pressure and reduce the risk of glaucoma damage. Given that doctors want to offer their patients the best treatment, there is no moral justification to prescribe an inferior drug.
from Web/MD

My thought, was they were made and found utterly ineffective and never made it to market. As above, without further evidence, don't put thngs in your eyes, blindness is bad.

Has your friend ever tried a vaporizer? I have a really hard time thinking that THC is the irritant, when compared to all the OTHER irritants in smoke.

Last edited by Potter; 27-10-2010 at 03:44.
Old 27-10-2010, 07:52
Banned

[QUOTE=Potter;911337]Marinol comes in a softgel, not drops, it is not meant to be put in the eyes. devildust1972 gave wrong information,confusing wrong medication NAME marinol ,to appropriate medication name of Timilol eyedrops. also Pilocarpine and two other eyedrops containing THC are prescribed. july 1994 high times article refers to account of marinol being used for wasting syndrome,& not glaucoma, and marinol DOES NOT come in eye drop form. Sorry for confusing mi-information.
Old 30-10-2010, 02:21
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.GreyPaws really adds to the discussion.
Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4
Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackone View Post
Glycerine will dissolve THC. I wonder if that's how the beverages are made? Perhaps water with a small concentration of glycerine will still be able to hold enough thc to get you high.

SWIM's dog Rex just purchased some 'Sub-lingual Glycerin' infused with THC. The bottle is 1oz(30ml?) the directions say to place 3-5 pipette(the cap has an attached pipette) fulls under the tongue, hold for one min and swallow. Bottle claims to contain 7-12 doses. Rex's mate, a 29 year old female, 150lbs, daily cannabis smoker 1-3g per day, came home from work and tried 5 pipette fulls (the pipette is not graduated so no way to tell how many ml) under the tongue for 1 min, then swallowed. Mate said liquid was very sweet and on the thicker side. Onset was noted at around the 40min mark and was compared to a very light edible experience. Rex has a detailed report but is unsure of where to post it.
Old 30-10-2010, 02:37
Banned

Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyPaws View Post
SWIM's dog Rex just purchased some 'Sub-lingual Glycerin' infused with THC. The bottle is 1oz(30ml?) the directions say to place 3-5 pipette(the cap has an attached pipette) fulls under the tongue, hold for one min and swallow. Bottle claims to contain 7-12 doses. Rex's mate, a 29 year old female, 150lbs, daily cannabis smoker 1-3g per day, came home from work and tried 5 pipette fulls (the pipette is not graduated so no way to tell how many ml) under the tongue for 1 min, then swallowed. Mate said liquid was very sweet and on the thicker side. Onset was noted at around the 40min mark and was compared to a very light edible experience. Rex has a detailed report but is unsure of where to post it.
Can swiy compare the experience to inhalation?
Old 30-10-2010, 16:49
Alfa Alfa is nu online
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,277, Level: 41 Points: 83,277, Level: 41 Points: 83,277, Level: 41
Activity: 51.6% Activity: 51.6% Activity: 51.6%

This is not an experience report and posted in the wrong form. Thread moved.

Please mind that the user devildust was operating multiple accounts and was posting multiple replies from these accounts. These accounts have been merged and this is why some replies read weird.
Old 30-10-2010, 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildust1972 View Post
gave wrong information,confusing wrong medication NAME marinol ,to appropriate medication name of Timilol eyedrops. also Pilocarpine and two other eyedrops containing THC are prescribed. july 1994 high times article refers to account of marinol being used for wasting syndrome,& not glaucoma, and marinol DOES NOT come in eye drop form. Sorry for confusing mi-information.
This is wrong, neither of these eyedrops contain THC. Timolol is a beta blocker and Pilocarpine is a muscarine agonist. Neither should be used recreationally.
Old 01-11-2010, 14:01
Mercury Member

Male from Australia
Slipin needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

just as a laugh jeff was makin the beutaine oil one day (made plenty of times bfor) was out side in the patio well ventilated ..then as he was pushing the 2nd can through he relized that 4 meters away was his new hot water system and thaught shit i bet that has a pilot light !!! and at that exact point !! this big blue flame bursts out and runs across the ground straght for him !! was lucky ... lost a few arm hairs but the batch was safe ... had to laugh though ... was just tripy within a second of the thaught that it happend !!
Old 01-11-2010, 14:24

39 y/o Male from Australia
dspacemonkey is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1

meet somebody who owns a still or a U BREW it, get some 94% spirit and test out theories of many plants.

meaning SWIM doing alc extraction of MJ.

does not add to conversation
doesn't make sense. maybe you should explain what you mean in the post - in general, one line posts aren't very helpful.
what are you talking about?

Last edited by dspacemonkey; 06-11-2010 at 17:52.

Share this on:

Tags
cannabis, cannabis oil, distillation, drug, drugs, esterification, marijuana, medical marijuana, pure gold, pure thc, thc