Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 14-10-2010, 17:58
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
LaNMan is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
The worst part about opiate withdrawal? The mind heals BEFORE the body

I tend to lie a lot, the following of which is comprised entirely of lies(thanks dickon)

I have been struggling with opiates for several years now and just hit the ripe young age of 19, currently on my 9th day TOTALLY opiate free. still feeling bad as far as (energy levels, muscle strength, bad muscle aches, fatigue etc.) go and having realized my wrongs and the reasons i use and found the dedication to staying clean 100% so i know what i need to do (join a gym get a full time job) and know how crucial these things are to my success but cant seem to get off my ass and do them.. anyone have any advice? how did you get through this period?
Old 14-10-2010, 18:20
Titanium Member

Male from United States
xenos is captain of the psychonauts.xenos is captain of the psychonauts.xenos is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 380, Level: 3 Points: 380, Level: 3 Points: 380, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: The worst part about opiate withdrawal? The mind heals BEFORE the body

Welcome to DF

In most addictions, the mind heals slower than the body, so take comfort in the fact that SWIyou have the strength to be where you are mentally. Unless he is withdrawing from a non-traditional opiate/opioid such as Methadone, the physical withdrawals will not last much longer. Don't think that SWIyour mind has completed its path to recovery yet, just take one day at a time. Regarding energy levels, someone else will have to give SWIyou some advice, but once SWIyou start exercising SWIyou will begin to develop dopamine naturally again, which will raise energy levels. B complex is also good for energy as well as anxiety. Good luck!
Old 14-10-2010, 19:49
Silver Member

Male from Netherlands
Duva is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1

Yeah, the exercise is recommended. Makes SWIM feel so awesome for at last 30 – 60 minutes. It should naturally help you sleep at night too but SWIM have barely slept for the 12 days or so that he has been clean. SWIM also found that Yoga and meditation helps, both mentally and physically, if SWIY like to try that.

It's hard to get out and do some exercise though in a miserable state of mind. But once SWIY is actually up and about, it will feel a lot better, guaranteed.

There's also the "Thomas Recipe" which is a great guide to recovery. Just Google it and SWIY will find it right away. Recommended.

Anyway, keep it up, SWIY is doing great. SWIM really wishes SWIY all the success in this endeavor, it would be such a fantastic thing to get through it at 19 y/o so SWIY doesn't have to deal with it anymore after that.
Old 14-10-2010, 21:25
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Ghetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline Medline
Points: 5,605, Level: 11 Points: 5,605, Level: 11 Points: 5,605, Level: 11
Activity: 14.5% Activity: 14.5% Activity: 14.5%

Hey bro,

Been there my friend, done about every drug there is but the opiates were heaven and later swims hell. Swim remembers something about his addiction vividly.

Swim stood staring at a girl he once knew as a good friend, but couldnt recognize her anymore. She was laying in a bed iv's running out of her, face pale and cold. He stood there cold too, high as a kite on the very drug that had just killed her. She had OD'ed the night before on Heroin, her boyfriend woke up and found her not breathing. The next morning swim got the call. It was one of the worst he would hear. She got rushed to the hospital but it was too late, according the the doctors she had 3% of her brain functioning. They pulled the plug 2 days later. But for some reason it didnt seem to clean him up.

He used heroin for two more years til one day he came to a very profound realization. Swim cant do this forever, no matter what, even if he won the lottery. There would still come a day that the dealer would be out or something would happen and he would go through absolute hell. He decided it was time to clean up. So he went to a 3 day clean up clinic. This was the worst thing he couldve ever experienced and kinda wishes he would just cleaned up his self.

He started on suboxone, and started working out like a mad man. He went ape shit with the working out even tho everyone told him not to. And 3 months later he was fucking ripped. He did relapse quite a few times over the course of the next 6 months but each time it was a small bag with alot of regrets. Trust swim the relapse just makes it feel like you gotta start from scratch.

But eventually the thought of doing H just kinda went away. He was able to maintain a job and get his body back to where he wanted, even tho he was still taking an opiate, it didnt ruin his life like the H-tron. Now he is working on bringing the suboxone chapter of his live to a close. And it is much easier than the H.

Swim would say to get working out, start small. Even a doing 20-30 pushups a day will get swiy more energy. The more swiy works out the more energy he will get. Just work through the pain, look at it as each time the pain will be better and better. And pretty soon your home free man, swim has done it. You can to bro, you can too.

Any thing that gets swiy moving is good. Situps, squats, lunges, pushups etc with no weights will really get the body feeling better. Remember that the energy to do other things will come after the body feels better. Swim says focus on the body and mind for now and the job and other stuff (gf, $, etc.) will come.

Good luck, its possible.

Peace

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good advice that this swimmer also partakes in.
An exceptional post full of inspiration and support. DF can never have enough member like this, this is what makes it such a valuable resource. +6pts

Last edited by Ghetto_Chem; 05-11-2010 at 17:54. Reason: typos, clarification
Old 15-10-2010, 17:06
Silver Member

Thanks for the replies guys and yeah bro i can relate i played basketball in high school and i was real into it and good enough that i could play in college, i have a question for you or anyone else on suboxone.. have you ever come off it? what are the withdrawals like because people are pressuring me to get on it but i figure i will face withdrawal eventually, what better time than now? but still just have no motivation and need to start going places in my life lol, i appreciate any replies i get just need help coping and i know you this site has some wise members
Old 15-10-2010, 18:02
Silver Member

Female from United States
east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.
Points: 813, Level: 4 Points: 813, Level: 4 Points: 813, Level: 4
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaNMan View Post
but still just have no motivation and need to start going places in my life.
other than working out, which will make swiy feel better physically and emotionally, but is hard to get the motivation to start (from what swiy has said), is there anything else swiy likes to do?

maybe a hobby of some kind, something swiy was into before the drugs that doesn't take as much energy or physical exersion to start doing?

if swiy can get their mind on something else that they enjoy and start with that, even if it's something small, if it later helps swiy get up and out of the house or interacting with other people who aren't connected with drugs, that could help a lot.

and one more thing, swim's experience with coming off heroin is that it usually takes her at least 30 days before she starts feeling normal physically again. so be patient with those feelings of muscle aches and lack of energy. swim couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without feeling like she was going to pass out for several weeks.
Old 19-10-2010, 21:58
Banned

44 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Dickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12

I've got one quick thing to say - chill out. The only important thing to do at first is to not use drugs. For my cat, after a brief couple of trips to the pool, he didn't do any exercise apart from walking for about 3 months after quitting simply because he wasn't up to it. A few weeks is nothing. If you don't feel up to it, just relax. Walking really is the best way to go. It is enough to provide a bit of feel good effect, is easy to do and requires little by way of motivation, and is a good "gateway exercise" to harder forms.

The NA lot have a saying "Don't make any major decisions in your first year (alternatively : two years) of recovery. I'm not saying live by this as a creed, but it coveys a sense of the long-term flavour you need. Maybe I'm just lazy, but I like to hope in 5 or 10 years time I might have a semblance of a clue about living. The thing we often forget, especially since using drugs makes us so goal-focused, is that there is nothing to do and no place to go. There is just the journey. The best part of being drug-free is learning to enjoy that. Getting all goal-oriented again (I must have a beautiful girl-friend, I must have a good job, I must have this car, etc.) is often little more than channelling one's addictive side down another track (sex addiction, workaholism (is that a word? It is now!), etc.).

Do not, if you ask me, go onto Suboxone (buprenorphine) now unless there is a risk of relapse and especially a risk of an overdose. This happened recently and killed a member here who had got clean for a short while, so this is something to be very careful about.

In time you will start to feel better. Eat well, let your sleeping patterns adjust, walk a little. Lethargy, as East of Eden says, is pretty much to be expected for a while.

Be strong and committed to a clean life! It is worth it and your energy levels will return in time. There is no need to force anything until that urge comes and then go with it although be careful of abusive over-training. If you are going to go down the weight-training route I'd suggest you make sure you do some flexibility training too [I do both, although predominantly yoga].

Anyway, you've done really well getting to this stage and you should give yourself a huge pat on the back!

Lots of good feeling from Merrie England

Dickon

Post Quality Evaluations:
Informative/supportive response to OP about gradual recovery.thanks
Old 20-10-2010, 17:22
Silver Member

The following is comprised entirely of lies:

Yeah i know what you mean east of eden, i want to do things that make me feel good about myself but the thing is, nothing really makes me feel good. i know this will go away with time which is why i am staying sober. even things like reading and playing video games that i usually enjoy just make me think that i am wasting my time and should be out trying to get a job or something else productive, i am a very goal oriented person which makes things worse because i dont really do much all day.

Sometimes i wonder how much of how i feel is mental. for example, if my legs are restless its easy to be like "oh my legs are restless, im still withdrawing, i have no energy, no motivation" etc. which makes me feel worse, a self fulfilling prophecy. Recently i have been trying to take my mind off it, trying to catch these negative thoughts or thoughts of using and shoo them away with a deep breath and a thought somewhere along the lines of "I can do it" but the frequency of these thoughts is startling. i have been trying to meditate, but i used to meditate when i was opiated because i would be so calm and focused, so without opiates my thoughts are everywhere and seem impossible to stop.

Dickon, all of your posts seem teeming with wisdom to me, if anything it just gives me further motivation to stay clean.. yeah i dont want to go on suboxone because im young and dont want to do further damage to my reward system and whatever else 160mg of oxycontin a day does to your brain. how did you get started with yoga? both my parents do it, but it seems a little (for lack of a better word) gay. not that theres anything wrong with that lol, i just dont know where i would start. again, thanks for the replies guys
Old 21-10-2010, 20:32
Silver Member

Female from United States
east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.
Points: 813, Level: 4 Points: 813, Level: 4 Points: 813, Level: 4
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
The following is comprised entirely of lies:

Yeah i know what you mean east of eden, i want to do things that make me feel good about myself but the thing is, nothing really makes me feel good. i know this will go away with time which is why i am staying sober. even things like reading and playing video games that i usually enjoy just make me think that i am wasting my time and should be out trying to get a job or something else productive, i am a very goal oriented person which makes things worse because i dont really do much all day.
swim understands and thinks that one very good thing about rehab is that it puts a person in a place where like Dickon said there's no rush on anything, there's nothing that HAS to be done except focusing on staying clean.

Swiy needs to kind of pretend he's in rehab, maybe that will help. swiys only job right now is focusing on getting better, he has his whole life ahead of him to find a job or start working out or achieve any other goal.

although sitting home all day doing nothing is also really bad because like swiy said he's constantly thinking about different withdrawal symptoms and possible prolonging the bad feelings.

swim thinks anything like reading or tv or video games or walking listening to swiys ipod, etc. is a good thing to be doing now. also, regardless of swiy's personal feelings about NA, he should go to meetings. it will give him something to do that doesn't take a lot of physical exertion and will be a distraction. spending some time with someone from the program who has a lot of clean time could really help put swiy in a better mental state.
Old 29-10-2010, 00:02
Silver Member

Male from Sweden
antialias is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1

A thing that can help a person to get starting is to first off get out of the environment he is in for a while.. sure, someone can get clean and all but they are still in the same (perhaps destructive) enironment.. the dealers just around the corner, the bordedom, the same environment day in day out..

Maybe swiy has a friend or family member that lives far away from swiys current position? take a trip to this person for maybe a month or two and start working out there..it's easier to get started with workingout and such if you are in a place where swiy don't know any dealers or seeing any places that remind him of where he used to use etc.. then when swiy has gotten into the routine of working out its easier to continue with it once swiy comes back home.

Just a thought, swim may be wrong..
Old 07-11-2010, 22:51
Silver Member

the following is comprised entirely of lies:

I have taken your advice and have been relaxing more and more each day, just focusing on staying off opiates. I slipped, thinking i could use 1 more time(wrong) and finally woke up and now have 13 days TOTALLY opiate free. it feels good, but i know i still have a long way to go. i see now that rome wasnt built in day, and as long as i make some progress each and every day and move closer to my goals that i will eventually be the person i want to be. still have trouble getting off my ass to exercise, but i know i am getting closer and i feel like once i start i will have no trouble, kinda like a snowball effect.. but i still have to start!

i went to court and was blessed with 90 days of pre trial supervision to prove myself, but also have a 2 year suspended sentence, and im definitely not built for prison.

Antialias, that is sound advice but unfortunately not an option for me. i am stuck in the same place, but still great advice that i will keep in mind if the option comes up. until then, thanks for the replies guys.

now time to go against this PAWS.. bring it on baby

Last edited by LaNMan; 07-11-2010 at 22:52. Reason: self incrim
Old 07-11-2010, 23:41
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
julian is on the way upjulian is on the way upjulian is on the way up

Quote:
i have a question for you or anyone else on suboxone.. have you ever come off it? what are the withdrawals like because people are pressuring me to get on it but i figure i will face withdrawal eventually, what better time than now?
If you have made it to day nine, stay away from the Suboxone. You've made it through withdrawals and the opiates are long out of your system. In swim's opinion, there is no need to for opiate replacement therapy at this point. Introducing Suboxone to your system after being clean for nine days would be extremely counterproductive.

You've made it a long way...those nine days are hellish. Stay strong. Some day your future self will thank your present self.

Swim would like to state that he is not a medical doctor and is not qualified to advise anybody regarding taking any prescription drug. In swim's opinion, such advice should not be solicited on an internet forum, but rather found at the doctor's office. Normally swim is very hesitant in giving such advice, but in this case he felt very strongly about his opinion.

Swim just read the rest of the thread (after the post he quoted above) and realized that his advice is a little late and possibly unnecessary. Swim will leave it up, for what it's worth.
Old 08-11-2010, 23:50
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
DEJA is captain of the psychonauts.DEJA is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 259, Level: 2 Points: 259, Level: 2 Points: 259, Level: 2

My cat found exercise to be very useful.It helped with sleep ,RLS,mood and most importantly it was great for passing the boredom.
Old 17-11-2010, 02:59
Silver Member

the following is comprised entirely of lies

22 days clean now and getting absolutely manhandled by wildly unpredictable mood swings,

good example: today i was at my GFs house for an hour or 2, had dinner and such and and was having a good time, in a good mood laughing with her parents and making her smile and such, doing things i only thought were possible on opiates. when it was almost time for me to go, she made some small joke about my car getting blown over by the wind (i drive a rav4), which i joke about all the time, calling it a go cart and saying i have to watch out for banana peels and green shells when im driving, but when she made that joke i acted offended at first (as a joke) but after i said goodbye and left and she texted me saying she loves me and such and i started being a bitch for no reason, saying i want my stuff back and i didnt want to hang out with her tomorrow and stuff even though shes a very good influence (never done drugs) and has been amazing through my active addiction. So it was like in one second i went from floating on a pink cloud of opiate free happiness to saying fuck you to everyone around me.. i just dont get it! and last time this happened i was pissed for no reason for several days so i hope this fades quickly.

I also have little to no motivation but it is starting to get better, i just have to force myself to do things and remind myself how good i will feel when im done.

its ironic that i titled this thread with "the mind heals before the body" because right now it seems like my mind needs to do some catching up. didnt mean to turn this into a journal, just didnt know where else to put it
Old 17-11-2010, 17:45
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
chem is a decent psychonaut.chem is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 188, Level: 2 Points: 188, Level: 2 Points: 188, Level: 2

Quote:
the following is comprised entirely of lies

22 days clean now and getting absolutely manhandled by wildly unpredictable mood swings,

good example: today i was at my GFs house for an hour or 2, had dinner and such and and was having a good time, in a good mood laughing with her parents and making her smile and such, doing things i only thought were possible on opiates. when it was almost time for me to go, she made some small joke about my car getting blown over by the wind (i drive a rav4), which i joke about all the time, calling it a go cart and saying i have to watch out for banana peels and green shells when im driving, but when she made that joke i acted offended at first (as a joke) but after i said goodbye and left and she texted me saying she loves me and such and i started being a bitch for no reason, saying i want my stuff back and i didnt want to hang out with her tomorrow and stuff even though shes a very good influence (never done drugs) and has been amazing through my active addiction. So it was like in one second i went from floating on a pink cloud of opiate free happiness to saying fuck you to everyone around me.. i just dont get it! and last time this happened i was pissed for no reason for several days so i hope this fades quickly.

I also have little to no motivation but it is starting to get better, i just have to force myself to do things and remind myself how good i will feel when im done.

its ironic that i titled this thread with "the mind heals before the body" because right now it seems like my mind needs to do some catching up. didnt mean to turn this into a journal, just didnt know where else to put it
SWIM chuckled at the last paragraph because that's exactly how it was for him. He thought he was out as soon as he was done with the physical part, because he felt in good spirits even though his body was aching. Well, when the physical pain mostly went away, the mental issues started. Seems there are no exceptions, every one goes through PAWS.
Old 17-11-2010, 19:00
Banned

Male from Mexico
Killa Weigha is on the way upKilla Weigha is on the way upKilla Weigha is on the way up

Two choices, IMO. 1: just keep off the shit on your own (strong sense of accomplishment, sense of inner strength and, best of all, less time withdrawing). 2: Go on methadone, sub-this or sub-that (may have sense of failure, sense of inner weakness, withdrawal will be much protracted if/when stopped, enslaved to a substance that doesn't even make one feel all the way "well" EVER). Suggest going all out with the first method strongly. Some people are NEVER able to stop taking the meth, subs etc. the whole rest of their lives! That only benefits the drug manufacturer and forces the "patient" into a slave-type position in life.
Old 18-11-2010, 22:40

Male from United States
julian is on the way upjulian is on the way upjulian is on the way up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Weigha View Post
(may have sense of failure, sense of inner weakness, withdrawal will be much protracted if/when stopped, enslaved to a substance that doesn't even make one feel all the way "well" EVER). Suggest going all out with the first method strongly.
I acknowledge the "catch-22" of methadone/buprenorphine, but nobody is a failure or any weaker because they choose to take these drugs over heroin/opiates.
Old 18-11-2010, 23:08

Male from United Kingdom
doublezero is learning how to become a psychonaut.

swims only been clean again for 6 weeks, he's been goin to the gym for 4 weeks, and the muscels pilin on. his minds fine, no depression, very creative, relationships wiv friends and family fine, but then he didnt lie about his drug use for years.

problem with some junkys is they use junk because they dont like the person they are, im sorry, but sometimes u cant change the person u are. your emotions are wide open after no junk, im sure when it wears off, u'd get used to being the person u are again.
Old 19-11-2010, 00:09
Banned

Male from Mexico
Killa Weigha is on the way upKilla Weigha is on the way upKilla Weigha is on the way up

Quote:
I acknowledge the "catch-22" of methadone/buprenorphine, but nobody is a failure or any weaker because they choose to take these drugs over heroin/opiates.
No one said "is a failure" or "is weaker". SWIY should know the fragile mental state of a detoxing addict. If an addict is now on day 9 of detox and ends up (how ever many days from now) with a new addiction because he couldn't bear the situation will he not experience a
Quote:
sense of failure, sense of inner weakness
? Sorry, but perception is an addict's reality at this point.
Old 19-11-2010, 17:25
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Ghetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline Medline
Points: 5,605, Level: 11 Points: 5,605, Level: 11 Points: 5,605, Level: 11
Activity: 14.5% Activity: 14.5% Activity: 14.5%

Ok suboxone and methadone have there ups and downs people,

For some it could be the final straw to there enslavement forever, but for others its the change of lifestyle they need to get things right.

If at all possible its best to clean up cold turkey, but thats sometimes impossible when the opiate usage is so high. Swim was doing 1/4-1/2 gram of ~80% pure h a day. Its near impossible to get the head straight when all thats on the mind is shooting dope. But when shooting 5-8 times a day gets cut down to 1-2 times a day with subs its easier to get the mind on other things.

For anyone reading this, its all about the kinda person you are. Personally swim did spend quite awhile on the subs but is now startin to feel ready to get off. It just feels like the time is right. And altho the withdrawal is bad and long, at least its possible to ween off of this stuff. But swim can imagine that some people never want to get off and that can be a problem.

So there are pros and cons remember that, sometimes people just need that change of pace.

Peace
Old 19-11-2010, 17:50
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,965, Level: 17 Points: 14,965, Level: 17 Points: 14,965, Level: 17
Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2%

The only time I was able to cope with the WD and subsequent PAWS was when I'd planned just how I was gonna get through it all. Not just dumped the drugs and waited for that dreaded pain to begin. And having something to do after WD is essential. I started an access course whilst I was cutting down from 150 mls of methadone, which I completed in a year, just in time to graduate with my access degree. I started the subutex just after that time, and was comfortable enough to shop for books for uni. I was completely clean by the time I went to uni a couple of months later, and that did carry me through. The excitement of learning new things, meeting new people, gaining new social skills. If I'd just been sat at home I'm sure the pain would have been far worse?

I planned it like a general would plan a battle. I sat down, wrote out all the things I could think of that were gonna happen, a list of all the possible things that could happen and planned for them all. I made sure I had people I could talk to if I was low, and counselors who could guide me through the rough patches, of which there were many. Basically, I attempted to anticipate any and all problems that might crop up. This isn't difficult to do over the course of a year, and as I reduced on the methadone, I got an idea of just what might have become a problem. But if I wasn't sure, I planned for it to happen, then I was prepared.

You see, if you move house you don't just pick up sticks and move on the day you made the decision, it takes planning and preparation. And recovery is far more important than that. In fact I'd say it's the most important decision you will ever make, so why just leave it to chance? It's something that will possibly impact on the rest of your life, so why not give yourself the very best chance of success? I know that till I did so I wasn't gonna succeed. And it's the one thing that I decided to do different the last time I detoxed, and it worked for me. I'm no different to anyone else. It can work for you to.

Just try it?

Sparkles.
Old 19-11-2010, 18:55
Silver Member

the following is comprised entirely of lies:

Yeah, with 25 days clean today it almost feels like i get "attacks" of withdrawal. dont really know how to explain it other than sometimes i will be feeling fine, smiling, trying to get things done, then the next moment the lethargy and restless legs and depression hits me all at once. When i get these attacks, its hard to do anything but just sit there and feel bad.

Oddly enough, i dont really think about opiates anymore. When im confronted with an opportunity to use, its almost like im on auto-pilot. Even when i have thoughts of using and how easy it would be, theyre just rejected immediately. This shit just isnt an option for me anymore, i just feel terrible right now even 25 days later and nothing is worth the feeling i have now.

However, i still have cravings to escape the feeling in my body and mind, even if opiates are my drug of choice i often think about using other drugs and have smoked a little weed a few times in the last 25 days. Smoking weed helps a lot, but i get drug tested every monday morning so i cant smoke to excess, which probably isnt a bad thing.

Suboxone and methadone I have no interest in because i know i would just use them as a safety net. for example, on monday take my meds, tuesday skip them and get high, take meds next few days, skip again and blow oxy all day etc. and just cant afford to do that, dont want the legal trouble, and am just plain sick of opiates. However, still good advice that everyone in real life seems to think is a cure for opiate addiction. not interested.

Yeah doublezero i feel you there, I always used opiates because they made me more social. Was i anti-social before? not at all, i just loved that feeling that i just really did not give a fuck what i said, i loved that the filter between my brain and my mouth was removed. i thought people loved being around me when i was high, but i realized later that oftentimes i would just ramble and talk about myself.

Now im thankful that i have the filter back in place and that i can take interest in what other people are saying and can enjoy a real two-way conversation

Misssparkles, damn thats some good advice. i might just have to do that (later of course lol) can you give me some examples though? do you mean like plan out your whole day everyday? or like if my parents die i will do this etc.. still good advice though, thanks

thanks everyone, 25 days opiate free with my mind set on a million more

Last edited by LaNMan; 19-11-2010 at 18:56. Reason: self incrim
Old 19-11-2010, 19:06
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,965, Level: 17 Points: 14,965, Level: 17 Points: 14,965, Level: 17
Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2% Activity: 17.2%

My pet handed me this note...

WD kicks in every so often, after being clean for quite a time. As said it's quite easy to operate on auto pilot, but sometimes it kinda sneaks into your head, and it's on you. I know for me it was always when I was unsure, felt anxious about something, that's when it would always kick in, leave me thinking "Jesus, still getting symptoms?" It's very easy to forget just how bad that feeling was, and what you're experiencing now is nothing like as bad as it was.

Thing is every day it gets better, easier, but that progress is so slow it's easy to miss. That's why I think its important to diary everything, then you can see even small victories, tiny improvements. Go back and read it a year later, and you'll be stunned at the difference between then and now.

Sparkles.
Old 21-08-2012, 23:59
Silver Member

Male from United States
OC Head is an unknown quantity at this point

The worst part of opioid WD's my pet cat hates is feeling out of place (in body and mind), restless achy legs, gooseflesh, chills, diarrhea and severe depression. He's starting to feel better now, even after taking 3 8mg suboxones in 2 days he still feels like garbage, not nearly as bad though.

My pet cat found an old stash his mothers methadone, about 100 10mg pills. He took them all over the period of 4 days, so he had to wait over 72 hours to take the subs, thing is he started going into WD when school was starting, which made things all the worse.

Share this on:

Tags
injecting buprenorphine, injecting suboxone, opiate addiction, opiate withdrawal, paws experiences, shooting buprenorphine, shooting suboxone, video gaming on drugs, withdrawal management, withdrawals