Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 19-12-2005, 22:29
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o
Afroman4fro20 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
how to be prescribed valium (Diazepam)

I have paranoid schizophrenia i am told valium is used to treat anxiety how should i be perscribed this? what should i say for my next doctor visit

Post Quality Evaluations:
no you dont.
Old 20-12-2005, 00:17
Titanium Member

Male
788.4 is captain of the psychonauts.788.4 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 536, Level: 3 Points: 536, Level: 3 Points: 536, Level: 3
What other medications are you currently taking?

Also, is there any reason why you want Valium in particular? There are lots of medications used to treat anxienty.

Klonopin and Ativan are in the same class as Valium and are more often prescribed because they are less drowsy and longer lasting. They have virtually the same effect.

I assume that as a paranoid schizophrenic you have problems with paranoia and anxiety. If your doctor is aware of your symptoms he will prescribe what he thinks is appropriate.

However usually psychiatrists are somewhat flexible. If you tell him or her that you would like to try a medication they will let you try it if it is appropraite. You can be very direct and say something like "I heard/read that Valium is helpful for anxiety. Do you think that I could try it?".
Old 20-12-2005, 00:46
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Pinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroman4fro20
I have paranoid schizophrenia i am told valium is used to treat anxiety how should i be perscribed this? what should i say for my next doctor visit

No, I dont think you do. If you were diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, you would be prescribed sarequel, valium, and many other drugs you would need to maintain. you would also be put on disability and your meds would be paid for.

So many teenagers think they know enough to self-diagnose themselves ... which is fine if you wanna be a whiny teen and say you have depression, or a weird kid and say you have a parsonality disorder... but paranoid schzophrenia is not something you could self diagnose, nor is it something you should go around saying you have.

and to get on the road of getting prescribed valium for anxiety, you simply tell your doctor you are having anxiety attacks and have social anxiety that prevents you from doing many things you need to get done in public... such as work and shopping.
Old 20-12-2005, 05:22

Male from United States
korky8097 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 481, Level: 3 Points: 481, Level: 3 Points: 481, Level: 3
if you have a legitamate problem, you will get meds. No need to kiss the docs ass or anything. A doctor wouldnt refuse somebody with terminal cancer a good pain med, they will give you what they believe will help you. Now if you are trying to get val to get high on or sell, dont say you have something that extreme, say you have anxiety attacks. Assuming you are being serious and actually diagnosed by a real doctor, then you would take whatever helps you, not what you hear is badass or whatnot.
Old 20-12-2005, 06:26
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,449, Level: 12 Points: 7,449, Level: 12 Points: 7,449, Level: 12
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
I keep reading the OP and laughing. Paranoid schizophrenic and not only has your doctor not noticed anything wrong, but you're convinced that diazepam is teh cure. Have you considered xanax, or is Pharmacia & Upjohn run by space aliens out to steal your soul?
Old 20-12-2005, 06:43

Male
bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 694, Level: 4 Points: 694, Level: 4 Points: 694, Level: 4
^^ lol. I agree with the posts above, you cannot diagnose yourself accuratly, or even at all. Hell, i used to think i was bipolar (turns out im not and Mary Jane was just getting to my head, as soon as i quit, so did the symptoms). And if you are clinically diagnosed, the doctor will prescribe you what he thinks is appropriate, while u can always ask questions and request medications youve heard of, it all depends on the doctor and your situation. Im sure there has to be better things to treat schizophrenia (sp?) than a benzo, it probably would help but when theres drugs like seroquil, dont get your hopes up.
Old 20-12-2005, 18:28

26 y/o
Afroman4fro20 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
right now im perscribed risperdal
Old 02-02-2006, 14:16
Silver Member

Male
Ninja Master is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2
risperdal, sounds realy heavy. ya ask your doc to test difrent benzos on you in a controlled setting. if your anti psychotic is not working properly, rotate to a difrent one. i believe your anti psychotic will be like a benzo, but stronger. benzos are used to treat anxioty and stress problems as stated above. valium, is natorious to kill from quiting it cold turky. once you get on a benzo, you need to slowly quit taking it, stepping down gradualy, when your ready to quit. if i was perscribed to a benzo, i would probably never quit taking it.

"then you would take whatever helps you, not what you hear is badass or whatnot." good statement man... i like people that use medicine, rather than abuse drugs =)

z
Old 02-02-2006, 20:09
Titanium Member

Male
788.4 is captain of the psychonauts.788.4 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 536, Level: 3 Points: 536, Level: 3 Points: 536, Level: 3
Antipsychotics are very different from benzodiazpines. Risperdal sounds appropraite. Antipsychotics are standard in the treatment of schizophrenia.

Anxiety in patients with paranoid schizophrenia is usually due to their dellusions and/or hallucinations. It's very different from the type of anxiety people have with panic disorder, general anxienty disorder, ect... and thus require separate treatment.

A benzodiazpine might be appropriate if anxiety remains once the delusions and/or hallucations are under control. Ativan would probably be a doctors first choice though, not Valium.

There is also a possbility that benzodiazpines could make the dellusions and/or hallucinations worse, in which case they would probably not be effective in treating your anxiety.
Old 04-02-2006, 19:22
Productive insomniac
Administrator

98 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 82,504, Level: 41 Points: 82,504, Level: 41 Points: 82,504, Level: 41
Activity: 49.8% Activity: 49.8% Activity: 49.8%
Valium has been the no. 1 prescribed downer for a long time. But the EU medicine advise board has decided long ago that there is no real reason what so ever to prescribe it anymore. For any disease it has been prescribed in the past, there have been much better meds for a long time now. The only reason to prescribe valium, is because of the 'trust' people have in this famous med. The last I read about it is that even Roche, the producer will discontinue the production of their money maker and any valium on the market will be generic.

Last edited by Alfa; 04-02-2006 at 19:28.
Old 04-02-2006, 19:58
Silver Member

Male from United States
a4stringedwonder is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 164, Level: 2 Points: 164, Level: 2 Points: 164, Level: 2
If you want a drug that will get you high, simply tell the doc that you experience the symptoms that the drug is prescribed for.

I STRONGLY discourage you from doing this, if you convince your doc that you have such a bad disorder you will make your life a HELL of alot worse.

Although it is still a very stupid thing to do, just get it from a dealer or someone who has it.

the best thing to do would be to forget about it, the effects arent worth the trouble anyway. but you asked for advice so i gave you some.

peace,
a4stringedwonder

Share this on:

Tags
dealing with doctors, diazapam, diazepam, schizophrenia, valium