Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 08:41
Silver Member

Male from United States
lost_soul is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 101, Level: 1 Points: 101, Level: 1 Points: 101, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Using old cottons to get a hit

I have heard users who, after using all their dope, "cook up" their old cottons to get a nice hit. Can someone fill SWIM in on how this is done? SWIM has stored a lot of cottons and hopes to get something out of them.

SWIM has searched the forums and the internet, and found some stories, but no info on how to do it exactly.

Thanks,

lost_soul
Old 12-10-2010, 09:07
Titanium Member

35 y/o Male from Earth
&rew is on the way up&rew is on the way up&rew is on the way up
Re: Using old cottons to get a hit

What about leave one-two droplets on cotton before put it into stash? One droplet wont help SWIY today but 15-20 of those droplets will save him when he'll feel very ill. Then SWIY feels very ill, get those 15 cottons and cook it same way: wash it in spoon with water twice or more and inject this water.

&rew added 5 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

And be careful with all those substance that were filtered on first cotton use and left on cotton. Filter water before injection, just do same procedure as usual, but active stuff stores in cotton now not in powder.

Last edited by &rew; 12-10-2010 at 09:07. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-10-2010, 16:23
Potter Potter is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,475, Level: 19 Points: 18,475, Level: 19 Points: 18,475, Level: 19
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Filthy!

Sounds like a perfect way to get an infection worthy of amputation.

There's no instructions online for the same reason there are no instruction on picking cigarettes out of trashcans.

Go get some help, get off junk.
Old 12-10-2010, 16:34
Silver Member

Male from Sweden
antialias is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
Filthy!

Sounds like a perfect way to get an infection worthy of amputation.

There's no instructions online for the same reason there are no instruction on picking cigarettes out of trashcans.

Go get some help, get off junk.
Why being so judgemental?

And no, it does not "sound like a perfect way to get an infection" since the resulting hit is filtered again it is almost exactly as clean as a normal hit. Comparing it to picking up cigarettes out of trashcans is laughable..

Why don't swine get some help yourself with not being a jerk?

Post Quality Evaluations:
bad harm reduction: the filtration of the hit, unless via micron filter, is NOT CLEAN AT ALL
the problem is it having that drop or two before going in the stash-great medium for mold fungus etc.
Old 12-10-2010, 17:56
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

There is infact several threads related to this. Ones on "cotton fever" as well that discuss the "safest" way to use old cotton. It is very unhealthy but something swim's done many times. When you're in need, you do what you gotta do. Swim never got a decent hit out of it though. Have gotten dirty hits from cooking up with old cottons. Uncontrolable shakes and pounding headaches for hours during withdrawls wasn't much fun. Be careful...

Anyway, not trying to be a jerk at all, but what happened to kicking, lost soul? I thought swiy was going to the doctor. I gave him tips on all he meds that will help with detox, I thought he was gonna give it a shot. I know how hard it is, but I kinda thought swiy was serious. Any new plans to kick? j/w...
Old 12-10-2010, 18:19
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialias View Post
Why being so judgemental?

And no, it does not "sound like a perfect way to get an infection" since the resulting hit is filtered again it is almost exactly as clean as a normal hit. Comparing it to picking up cigarettes out of trashcans is laughable..

Why don't swine get some help yourself with not being a jerk?
That's kinda rude, don't you think?

There's a reason there's something called "Cotton Fever", you know!

There is a bacteria that lives on cotton - it comes in with it from the fields. Any liquid starts this bacteria multiplying. That wet cotton sitting there with a couple drops of dope left on it "for later"? Those bacteria are fucking like jackrabbits & multiplying like you wouldn't believe. Plus, there's introduction of NEW bacteria from the outside - a not-as-clean-as-we-would-like spoon, maybe the water's been sitting in a cup on the desk all day, and using the method described above, perhaps the needle has been used before.

All of these can lead to a dirty hit/cotton fever, which can lead to endocarditis, sepsis, emboli, all sorts of fun things. And even if it doesn't, cotton fever itself can be 12-24 hours of hell that one can't relieve themselves of, even if one is lucky enough to not have it lead to further damage.

Reusing old cottons is NEVER recommended! And for goodness sake, make sure one doesn't use someone ELSE's old cottons - that's even worse!

The hit may be filtered, but it will never be as *cough* clean as a new hit. You can't filter out bacteria with a cotton bud, I'm sorry to say.

Now, perhaps Potter was a bit...brusque, but what he said was dead on correct.

~Kailey

very well written and informative.
good harm reduction, and nicely put
clear and concise
Old 12-10-2010, 20:46
Silver Member

Female from United States
east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.
Points: 813, Level: 4 Points: 813, Level: 4 Points: 813, Level: 4

ever since the last thread we had on this same topic (a couple weeks ago?) swim has been following swimickey_bee's advice and storing her old cottons on a dry, flat surface to try and minimize the bacteria, but she's been wanting to ask ... does anyone know if there is a "safer" method to cooking up a shot with old cottons?

she is really curious because she always saves her cottons, they have saved her from being dope sick many, many times but she recognizes the risk and would welcome any info on how to keep the bacteria down.

is there any kind of wash that could be done on them that could clean them before re-filtering, anything that would work as an anti-bacterial agent?

thanks for any info.
Old 12-10-2010, 20:58
Silver Member

Male from Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailey_elise View Post
That's kinda rude, don't you think?

There's a reason there's something called "Cotton Fever", you know!

There is a bacteria that lives on cotton - it comes in with it from the fields. Any liquid starts this bacteria multiplying. That wet cotton sitting there with a couple drops of dope left on it "for later"? Those bacteria are fucking like jackrabbits & multiplying like you wouldn't believe. Plus, there's introduction of NEW bacteria from the outside - a not-as-clean-as-we-would-like spoon, maybe the water's been sitting in a cup on the desk all day, and using the method described above, perhaps the needle has been used before.

All of these can lead to a dirty hit/cotton fever, which can lead to endocarditis, sepsis, emboli, all sorts of fun things. And even if it doesn't, cotton fever itself can be 12-24 hours of hell that one can't relieve themselves of, even if one is lucky enough to not have it lead to further damage.

Reusing old cottons is NEVER recommended! And for goodness sake, make sure one doesn't use someone ELSE's old cottons - that's even worse!

The hit may be filtered, but it will never be as *cough* clean as a new hit. You can't filter out bacteria with a cotton bud, I'm sorry to say.

Now, perhaps Potter was a bit...brusque, but what he said was dead on correct.

~Kailey
It's not like swim is denying the existance of cotton fever at all, swim got it himself once when he didn't filter a regular hit properly..never from one of the hundreds of filter-hits he's taken over theyears though for whats it 's worth..(people will never ever stop doing filter-fixes, and this is a harm-reduction forum yes, and the method swim posted is the safest way to extract since it does not involve either hands or needles coming in contact with the filters).

What swim mostly reacted on was the posters tone of looking down on heroin addicts who (has to even if they want to or not) re-use filters sometimes to get well.. like it's no diffrent from picking up things from a trashcan and being "filthy". Swim resents his "man you are a fucked up, dirty junkie..get help or something"-attitude.

Last edited by antialias; 13-10-2010 at 03:00.
Old 13-10-2010, 08:18
Palladium Member

Male from Japan
Spucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline Medline
Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
AW: Re: Using old cottons to get a hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by east_of_eden View Post
she is really curious because she always saves her cottons, they have saved her from being dope sick many, many times but she recognizes the risk and would welcome any info on how to keep the bacteria down.
Put them into the Deep Freezer (not only the Refrigerator) until there is a need for them
(very low temperature reduce the Viral and Bacterial load
because of less multiplying)
Old 13-10-2010, 11:27
Silver Member

Male from United States

Thanks for all the advice.

As far as kicking, SWIM is saving up the money to go see a doc, and get a bupe scrip. Right now times are tough, it is easier to scrape 20 bux and get a good deal that will last him a couple of days then save so he can see a doc plus fill a script.

SWIM was supposed to get a bupe scrip off the black market, twice. From friends, ya know. And believe me swimmers, SWIM had everything ready to go to CVS to buy, ya know, the meds. Next stop - PCP to get clonidine.

But, as you know, users are users. SIGH. SWIM was VERY disappointed. They lied to his face, 90% sure, just so they could get SWIM's lookout. Not once have they looked out for him for dope. Maybe once. Twice tops. SWIM has looked out for them about a 100fold. Wanted to kick and told so - needed bupe. Didn't care how many or even how many milligrams, just get some pills. 5, maybe 10 sounds good. They say "well we need dope." SWIM says, "only got money for the pills, am kicking and getting out of this game." They say, "Ok, ok, we can get 5 pills for about xx bucks."

Never got them.

A million excuses.

SWIM thinks that his "friends" want him in the game since they always get lookout. SWIM is tired of this lookout and if they were his real friends by now, why the "professional" lookout anyway? When SWIM is tired, dopesick, and only has 40 dollars, scraping 2 bucks out of his change bowl to get six, why argue over splitting the 6? 3 just ain't gonna cut it. It has prevented him from developing a "serious" habit in one sense. Hard to do 12 bags a day looking out here and there. But anyway SWIM digresses. (apologizes for ranting)

Possible methadone to obtain, but SWIM is not sure about potency, or if it is even real. SWIM's "friend" has already lied about the cost - XX dollars for one bottle. Now, it's XX for the small bottle, XX for the big bottle. SWIM didn't even know that small and big bottles of meth existed. Can anyone fill SWIM in on this? SWIM was once on methadone for two years and never heard about big and small bottles before.

SWIM is grateful to everybody for their help, for all the meds listed, the information will not go to waste, SWIM assures.

But in the meanwhile ...

lost_soul added 154 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

SWIM just tried method listed - whoa! It really works. What you really need is a big barrel. Too bad SWIM didn't pay attention to that part more closely. SWIM has an antique 22 gauge huge barrel - PERFECT for this type of activity. SWIM can see the coca-cola type resin forming in the insulin barrel. Haha. It is taking all his might to squeeze it out. But he got a "paterson" dope type hit. Not much of a rush, but feeling it much more now. Better than nothing. You can most certainly get resin out of your cottons, and SWIM will now be saving his cottons for that hit when he runs out of dope. Thanks!

Last edited by Phungushead; 09-12-2010 at 09:59. Reason: Prices
Old 13-10-2010, 14:05
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
mickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medline
Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

There are many many many threads on this topic, some of them only a month or so old. There are also many threads dealing with the issue of cotton fever.

In most of them swim has typed up a long detailed reply, and they're certainly worth checking out.

So do a search, and swiy will find some good info.

EDIT: And methadone comes in all sorts of containers and sizes. Swiy should ask how many ml's woll cost how much, not just how much a 'big bottle' will cost. Good luck, stick at getting a script!
Old 13-10-2010, 16:18
Silver Member

Male from United States

Pretty sure she said the big bottle was 40ml, I'm guessing 40mg, but I don't know, unfortunately my friend had an attitude and was like, "well I don't give a damn about milligrams," and "I don't care," so I don't know if it's 1 mg/ 1ml, I'm hoping it's 4mg per ml, so it's closer to 160mg, but who knows, methadone comes in many different concentrations as I've discovered though my google searches.

Still I'd rather wean with suboxone, but it seems the ppl who have suboxone do not want to give it up! Lol. I guess I wouldn't sell mine either if I were trying to stay clean.

Later,

lost_soul

lost_soul added 5 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Thanks for the encouragement.

SWIM did another search, and did find some more info. So my kitten apologizes if resurrected something old, but it seemed that he could not find any info.

Oh ya, some of the filters contained ritalin, SWIM is wondering, will the ritalin filter as well? Just wondering, you know. It seems like it did, but SWIM was so psyched up for a heroin hit, he really couldn't tell. Will other drugs also filter through? I don't see why not.

later,

lost

lost_soul added 5 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Oh yea, SWIM is also guessing that he can use the filters used for these filter shots for future re-filter shots (yea I know, tough English there). Can he? Don't see any reason as to why not. Or would there not be enough resin?

Last edited by lost_soul; 13-10-2010 at 16:18. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-10-2010, 16:45
Silver Member

Male from Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_soul View Post
SWIM just tried method listed - whoa! It really works. What you really need is a big barrel. Too bad SWIM didn't pay attention to that part more closely. SWIM has an antique 22 gauge huge barrel - PERFECT for this type of activity. SWIM can see the coca-cola type resin forming in the insulin barrel. Haha. It is taking all his might to squeeze it out. But he got a "paterson" dope type hit. Not much of a rush, but feeling it much more now. Better than nothing. You can most certainly get resin out of your cottons, and SWIM will now be saving his cottons for that hit when he runs out of dope. Thanks!
Swim thanks swiy for the recognition of his tips. Swim first learned of this technique from the really old old timers here in his town. A filter hit can be a bit of a roulette in matters of the amount of effect swiyll get all depending on how good the heroin the filters were used for, and also, instead of sucking a filter dry when swiy is loading a normal shot..leave a few drops there because they won't matter at all when swiy have a proper hit but like someone else mentioned before when swiy is desperate those drops will matter ALOT. And yes, a big barrel is essential for the technique swim mentioned.. and also, cutting off the nozzle on the barrel is a good idea also, swiy will understand why when he tries it next time.

And yes, other drugs that have gone through the filters will follow through to some extent also..and yes swiy can re-use these already re-used filters like this again with less effect of course..but Swim personally would simply do the procedure he mentioned in his first post and then repeat this processs about 3 times in a row instead until the filters are completely whitewashed" so swiy will get 1 strong filter hit instead of several weak ones..

Last edited by antialias; 13-10-2010 at 16:51.
Old 14-10-2010, 15:11
Gold Member

mickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medline

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_soul View Post
Pretty sure she said the big bottle was 40ml, I'm guessing 40mg, but I don't know, unfortunately my friend had an attitude and was like, "well I don't give a damn about milligrams," and "I don't care," so I don't know if it's 1 mg/ 1ml, I'm hoping it's 4mg per ml, so it's closer to 160mg, but who knows, methadone comes in many different concentrations as I've discovered though my google searches.
Although methadone comes in many different preparations, in pills and in liquid, the most common by far is 1mg/ml. It would be really very unlikely for swiy to come across any other strength solution. Certainly, if it was 4mg/ml, the person selling it would have made this very clear so as to get more money! As I say, other strengths do exist, but are very rare, particularly within the addict community.

As for washing a filter more than once, (I think that's what swiy was getting at?), there's really no point, as if swiy washed them properly the first time, there will be a negligible amount of active ingredient remaining. After swiy's washed them once just throw them away, they're useless.
Old 14-10-2010, 16:06
Potter Potter is nu online

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,475, Level: 19 Points: 18,475, Level: 19 Points: 18,475, Level: 19
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

"filtering" through cotton balls will not remove the bacteria that tend to grow when someone leaves wet fibers exposed to air.

Fungi and molds can also grow and will have a better chance of surviving dry periods as their spores easily go dormant.

How much can really be recovered form cottons? This seems kind of excessive to go through all this effort.

Last edited by Potter; 15-10-2010 at 16:28.
Old 15-10-2010, 07:45
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Canada
Sublimaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1

say wahhh. I thought bacteria can only survive in the presence of moisture.. They die pretty much instantly in a dry environment. I think if a cotton drys, its just as shitty as it was before you used it.
Old 15-10-2010, 18:58
Silver Member

Female from United States
east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.
Points: 813, Level: 4 Points: 813, Level: 4 Points: 813, Level: 4

Quote:
"filtering" through cotton balls will not remove the bacteria that tend to grow when someone leaves wet fibers exposed to air.

Fungi and molds can also grow and will have a better chance of surviving dry periods as their spores easily go dormant.

How much can really be recovered form cottons? This seems kind of excessive to go through all this effort.
it does seem excessive (and dangerous and probably stupid to many people) but it is possible to get a really good hit from filtering old cottons.

swim has had some great hits especially when she's been sick and her old cottons are the only thing she's had. it's made all the difference in the world when it comes to being sick or well.
Old 15-10-2010, 19:59
TheBigBadWolf TheBigBadWolf is nu online
..and your eyebrows

48 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,949, Level: 13 Points: 7,949, Level: 13 Points: 7,949, Level: 13
Activity: 37.8% Activity: 37.8% Activity: 37.8%
AW: Re: Using old cottons to get a hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spucky View Post
Put them into the Deep Freezer (not only the Refrigerator) until there is a need for them
(very low temperature reduce the Viral and Bacterial load
because of less multiplying)
Want to add: When cooking these deep-freezed cottons up, to filter the fluid a wheel-filter should be used because of their capability to filter bacteria out of the fluid. maybe then the possibility of cotton-fever or sepsis is minimized. Wheel-filters cost really very little money and can be bought at chemist stores.

Best way is to not re-use filters at all. (The Wolf has done it, but has never got a decent hit, how much ever filters he used)

TBBW

best answer hands-down, well done
Old 31-10-2010, 18:48

Female from USA - Tennessee
Ilsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

^^^indeed!! wheel filters are micron-level filters, usually 0.2 um is small enough filter pore size to ensure that all microbes are removed from the liquid.
Old 31-10-2010, 19:24
Gold Member

Quote:

It's really no effort, pretty much no matter what method swiy uses.

Yet it does yield results. Obviously there will be heroin in used cottons (albeit not a great deal), but it is there.

Simply flushing 6/7 decent cottons can give a hit almost equivalent to 1 street bag. And only 3 will get you out of withdrawals.

If left spaced out on a cd case or similar, (but NOT tissue paper - it will soak up the gear!), then the filters will dry rapidly.
Rolling-cigarette filters cut in half make the best filters, far better than loose cotton, and also dry much quicker, meaning a lessened chance of bacterial build-up. Aswell as this they are easier to effectively 'flush'.

Swim would strongly recommend them from a harm-reduction perspective if nothing else.

He has reused every filter he's ever used, (all rolling-cigarette filters cut in half and left to dry spaced out on a cd case), and in years of shooting he has never once felt even remotely ill from these shots. And they have helped him through many a tough time!
Old 17-11-2010, 20:36
Gold Member

Re: Reusing saved old filers

Swim should point out that swiy has stored these in the worst way possible.

NEVER PUT FILTERS THAT YOU INTEND TO USE STRAIGHT INTO AN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER! -The filters need to be able to dry - the sooner they dry, the safer they are, putting them straight in a sealy bag will keep them moist for a long time, and encourage the growth of bacteria. It doesn't matter that it's relatively airtight, cos the filters are far from sterile.

In future, spread the filters out immediately after use on something like a cd case, and leave them on top of a desk or drawers etc. Don't put them in the dark, and don't seal them up. Left in the open filters like these dry very quickly - and swim, in his years of IVing used filters, has never had any problems.

Important 'safety' tip; especially for new users.Thanks
While what you say is true, bacteria will grow on filters even if they are allowed to dry.
the ideas spread here are scientifically nonsensical, bacteria will grow whether fliters are wet or dry, even so wil virii which germinate inside of bacterial life. airtight containers dont help germs not growing, there's unaerobe bacteria the legion
Old 18-11-2010, 01:19
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United Kingdom
wotyafterlad is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

uncle Tarquin's closet gimp would avoid doing filters if at all possible, but this is his routine for filters from UK style smokable/injectable gear:

he uses the harder slimline filters that are less soft and cottony, and as said above, leaves them out in the open to dry.Once dried, he wraps them very loosely in foil to stop dust etc settling on them.

when desperate enough to use them, he puts a small pinch of vit c in a spoon, puts five or so of the dried filters over the vit c, squirts water over them using a clean rig, and leaves them alone to soak for 20 minutes or so.

after soaking he uses the end of the rig to gently squash the filters to release any brown colours/residue contained within,leaves for a few more minutes,then heats the spoon until the liquid surrounding the filters boils. Then he sucks up as much brown liquid through the filters and into the rig as he can.

then he squirts this liquid into another clean sterile spoon,heats it gently,and draws it up through a brand new clean filter using a new rig,not the same rig he used in the first stage.

then he injects it, if he can find a vein ..but he doesnt really enjoy it, and only does them as a last resort. He's heard some horror stories about infections and dirty hits from using filters, and knows theres no smoke without fire.

Shares a thorough example of cautious re-use method.Thanks
Old 23-11-2010, 03:52

35 y/o Male from Bulgaria
id2578 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

As an ex H user SWIM have been doing this for years and it saved him many times. Just put couple of drop on the cotton and save it. When SWIY runs out of dope go get the cottons and cook them. May be with a bigger syringe. Thats all. Depends of how many cottons, or how many drops of goodies SWIY left there, SWIY may feel very good....sorry for my english
Old 30-11-2010, 15:55
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United Kingdom
wotyafterlad is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotyafterlad View Post
uncle Tarquin's closet gimp would avoid doing filters if at all possible, but this is his routine for filters from UK style smokable/injectable gear:

he uses the harder slimline filters that are less soft and cottony, and as said above, leaves them out in the open to dry.Once dried, he wraps them very loosely in foil to stop dust etc settling on them.

when desperate enough to use them, he puts a small pinch of vit c in a spoon, puts five or so of the dried filters over the vit c, squirts water over them using a clean rig, and leaves them alone to soak for 20 minutes or so.

after soaking he uses the end of the rig to gently squash the filters to release any brown colours/residue contained within,leaves for a few more minutes,then heats the spoon until the liquid surrounding the filters boils. Then he sucks up as much brown liquid through the filters and into the rig as he can.

then he squirts this liquid into another clean sterile spoon,heats it gently,and draws it up through a brand new clean filter using a new rig,not the same rig he used in the first stage.

then he injects it, if he can find a vein ..but he doesnt really enjoy it, and only does them as a last resort. He's heard some horror stories about infections and dirty hits from using filters, and knows theres no smoke without fire.
cant edit unfortunately, but he wanted to add that he'd always leave filters damp rather than suck them bone dry, and would push them around the spoon using the end of a sterile works to collect any brown residue, otherwise they'd of been very weak, and might not of kept him out of trouble when he needed them..thats all
Old 29-09-2012, 19:15
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
Cynder is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

I inject my cottons all the time when I did all my dope. I just did actually and got a great hit with just about 7 cottons. I also open and scrape out my empty bags and get a good amount of powder leftover, which I also add to the hit with the cottons. Here's what you do, when using your dope, don't squeeze the cottons, leave a good amount of dope in them so their really wet. Then put it somewhere clean and open to the air so they can dry out all the way, so that there's no bacteria that can grow. They're safe when they're dried out. When your out of dope, put several of these cottons (they should be dry and hard because of the dried dope powder in them) in a cooker or spoon, whatever you use, add enough water to saturate them (but not too much), I use something to mix and squeeze the cottons for a minute or two to get all the dope dissolved into the water, squeeze them out and use one of the cottons as a filter to pull it all up into the syringe. If you leave enough dope in the cottons you'll get a good hit.

Share this on:

Tags
bad ideas, cotton reuse, cotton shots, filtering heroin, reusing dirty cottons, reusing dirty filters, reusing heroin cottons, reusing heroin filters