Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing discussion
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing discussion What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 30-09-2010, 01:06
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

33 y/o Male from United States
Jmazz19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Fingernail drug test?

Someone I know is taking a fingernail drug test tomorrow for a job. Their hair was to short for a follicle so thats the reason for this. From what I know it is similar to a hair follicle. This person rarely uses drugs other than lortab and they have a script for that so it isnt a concern. My question is if they smoked a bowl or two on july 4th, almost 3 months ago, then did a couple grams of shitty coke about 25 days ago is this enough to fail it? Not to familliar with this sort of test so any help would be nice. Thanks.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent topic to bring up. Initiated needed information gathering and discussion.
fantastic topic without much prior information, so please keep the Forum informed!
Old 01-10-2010, 01:53
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10
Re: Fingernail drug test?

Fingernail tests are completely news to me. If the detection is similar to a hair test a single use is not likely to show a positive. Being unfamiliar with these kinds of tests I cannot say with certainty that it will be negative, but I think the chances of a positive are very slim. For drug deposition into hair or fingernail use must be relatively high for some period of time.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:59
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Nail Testing for Drugs, Poisons & Toxins</SPAN>

Drugs of abuse actually have been measured in nails since 1984. However, the need to test for longer detection periods have given Fingernail testing a new niche' to fill.</SPAN>
Like Hair, fingernails and toenails are composed of a hard protein called keratin and are tested with the same process as hair. Drugs are incorporated into nails from the blood stream and remain locked in the nail as it grows. Nails grow in both length and thickness. Drugs enter the nail from the base as the keratin is formed and via the nail bed that extends under the full length of nail. The method of screening for drug use in a fingernail test is the five panel, Enzyme Multiple Immunoassay Test (EMIT). The fingernail is put in a chemical solution to rid the nail of external contaminants and is then liquefied.</SPAN>
How far does it go back?</SPAN>

Drugs can be identified in nail clippings 2-4 weeks following ingestion and can be detected up to 8 months after last usage. Fingernails grow approximately 3-5 mm per month, toenails grow at a much slower rate of 1 mm per month which means that drugs can possibly appear in toenail clippings over 1 year after ingestion.

http://www.drugtestingnetwork.com/fi...il-testing.htm

I've never heard of one either until I did this search.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent find. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:13

This was the first Ive heard of it as well. After doing some research it seem to be very similar to a hair follicle and tests more for regular use.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:55
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from USA - Minnesota
godztear really adds to the discussion.godztear really adds to the discussion.godztear really adds to the discussion.godztear really adds to the discussion.godztear really adds to the discussion.godztear really adds to the discussion.
Points: 2,042, Level: 6 Points: 2,042, Level: 6 Points: 2,042, Level: 6
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Is the test from fingernail cuttings or is it from the cuticle?
Old 01-10-2010, 14:26
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10

Looks like it's from the fingernail clipping itself. They submerge the clipping in some solvent which cleans it of any contaminants, then they put the clipping in a different solvent which dissolves the clipping and releases the drug analytes. From that point on the analysis is identical to hair drug testing.

I've posted a new discussion on this in the Forensic Drug Chemistry group to initiate discussion and gathering of additional information. I'll be updating the Drug Testing Sticky at some point with any information on these tests.

Any contributions or other information regarding any of these keratin drug tests would be greatly appreciated. There is still very little on the forums on this subject.
Old 01-10-2010, 16:05

Ill update this thread when I learn the results of their drug test.
Old 10-10-2010, 18:06

Just figured I would update this. The test came back and neither the coke or weed showed up in the results.

Share this on:

Tags
cocaine, drug, drug test, drug testing, drug tests, drugs, drugs test, faq, meth, screens