Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Various drugs not covered by other forums Discussion of Psychoactive drugs that do not have a specific forum

Old 15-12-2005, 09:06
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
Swobo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Is there such thing as an OTC high?

Is there such thing as an over the counter drug that offers any good recreational use?

I'm new to all of this and I am just curious.
Old 15-12-2005, 10:25
Banned

27 y/o Male
bonghed is heading for the Darwin Award.bonghed is heading for the Darwin Award.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swobo
Is there such thing as an over the counter drug that offers any good recreational use?

DXM, and more. look on www.erowid.org or do searches, there's a few.also depends on where you live, but just type into google otc drugs and include your country. Obviously research about the drugs b4 taking
Old 18-12-2005, 21:54
Silver Member

29 y/o Male
thatsall is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 337, Level: 2 Points: 337, Level: 2 Points: 337, Level: 2
ive heard of many getting high on motion sickness pills. the high is delirous and very dangerous from what i read on erowid and other such expereinces.
Old 18-12-2005, 22:43
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Pinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Tussin DM ... DXM 300mg. (make sure that DXM is the onloy active ingredient.)
Old 18-12-2005, 23:17
Silver Member

29 y/o Male
thatsall is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 337, Level: 2 Points: 337, Level: 2 Points: 337, Level: 2
i ahev always taken 1 of those and mixed it with the dxm only pills, which i took ahlf od that bottle. i always tripped hard. one bottle does the trick though? are low doses fufilleing. high doses are very robo to me r low doses this way?
Old 07-01-2006, 21:53
R.I.P.

Male
raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.
Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6
SWIM thinks the most popular OTC high is DXM (dextromethorphan). It is found in many cough remedies, just make sure it is the only active ingredient. Coricidin CCC is also popular, but its on example of a medicine which contains DXM and many other actives which can cause complications. Robitussin Max streghth syrup and cough gels are two examples of OTC medications with DXM only. Just check the box to make sure. Codiene is also found otc in some places. It just depends where you live. Unfortunately DXM is one of the only otc highs in the USA.
Old 08-01-2006, 00:05

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
Swim has found OTC highs to be inferior, but they are better than nothing. As mentioned, DXM is available, but you should make sure the product contains DXM only. Serious health risks can result if other active ingredients are taken in large quantities.
Old 08-01-2006, 00:13

Male
bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 694, Level: 4 Points: 694, Level: 4 Points: 694, Level: 4
DXM is the only one SWIM finds worthwhile (exept for codeine, but since most of you are in the states , he wont brag ) Anyway he has found dxm quite enjoyable and puts it ahead of some illegal drugs, but only if he was in that kind of mood. So ya, go with what everyone else said and try some dxm, but make sure dxm is the only active ingredient, blah blah blah im sure youve heard it by now.
Old 29-01-2006, 01:55

Male
carousel is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Quote:
ive heard of many getting high on motion sickness pills. the high is delirous and very dangerous from what i read on erowid and other such expereinces.
it will fuck you up. hallucinate more than a motherfucker.
Old 05-02-2006, 22:40

Male
basehead801 is an unknown quantity at this point
[quote=bcStoner420] (exept for codeine, but since most of you are in the states , he wont brag quote]

Man i wish codeine was otc in usa. Even tho compared to other pk's its a shitty high id get a bunch of that shit. Id have boxes all around my house lmao
Old 08-02-2006, 06:50

38 y/o Male from United States
Richard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline Medline
Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8
also take care to check the NON-active ingredients in various OTC DXM-containing cough preparations. I know there are several out there that contain NON-active ingredients that, when taken in sufficient quantities will either make you vomit yer brains out or diarrhea your ass off...

if these are things you would enjoy during your dissociative experience, then by all mean, drink up the sucralose-heavy syrups.
Old 08-02-2006, 20:42

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_smoker
also take care to check the NON-active ingredients in various OTC DXM-containing cough preparations. I know there are several out there that contain NON-active ingredients that, when taken in sufficient quantities will either make you vomit yer brains out or diarrhea your ass off...

if these are things you would enjoy during your dissociative experience, then by all mean, drink up the sucralose-heavy syrups.
What non active ingredients are you refering to?
Old 08-02-2006, 21:49

Richard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline Medline
If you notice, there is usually a LONG list of non-active ingredients.

Many of them have names that sound like a sugar-alcohol: i.e. dextralose, sucralose, etc. these make you diarrhea.

then there are some others that will make you nauseus but not in the amounts that they put in there--only in HUGE quantities: i.e. ten times the dosage of 30mg DXM.

There are so many of these that I can't even think of any right now. There's one kind I know that's around here (walgreens,cvs) that appears to be just pure DXM-it has an old man on the box--Dr. John's Special Recipe cough syrup or something like that. It has an old man in an apothecary seal. If you look at the list of ingredients, you'll see some nasty stuff in there that has nothing to do with cough-prevention.

Either someone else will have to post the exact ingredient or I can run up to the drug store in a little while and check it out for you. I wish I could think of the nasty stuff's name. I just did a google search and nothing shows up.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:44

29 y/o Male
bluntz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
swim would not recommend benedryl or dramamine for recreational use. some people find it amusing but they cause dilusions and can be quite intense and dangerous so maybe have a sitter. also swim says that the overall feeling you get on both of these drugs is not at all pleasant. swim's friend tried a shitload of benedryl once. he did not succeed in killing himself but he did succeed in having dilusions of thousands of very large(from normal spider to cat sized) 3 headed spiders running all over the place and the whole not realizing that these were halucinations due to being dilusional thing didn't go to well for him.
Old 10-02-2006, 20:23
A very strange person.

Male from United States
Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.
Points: 2,641, Level: 7 Points: 2,641, Level: 7 Points: 2,641, Level: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swobo

YES!

It's called, "BEER."
Old 10-02-2006, 21:23
Gold Member

Male from United States
Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.
Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8
I enjoy Yohimbine, which is OTC. Good energy, mood lift and a pretty strong aphrodisiac. VERY good in combo with marijuana. Prolly my favorite herbal.
Ephedrine is alright. Kind of an empty stimulant, though. No euphoria really. I still take it when there's nothing else, it's not really bad or anything.
Propylhexedrine (Benzedrex inhalers). Usually one cotton swab is a good dose. SWIM has tried this with strange results (VERY intense head pain, stomache cramps, but then flipped around to be one of the most amazing drugs SWIM's gotten OTC) Still want to try it again and see if the headache comes back. But my god, it was fun (so says SWIM).
Old 10-02-2006, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHansen
Propylhexedrine (Benzedrex inhalers). Usually one cotton swab is a good dose. SWIM has tried this with strange results (VERY intense head pain, stomache cramps, but then flipped around to be one of the most amazing drugs SWIM's gotten OTC) Still want to try it again and see if the headache comes back. But my god, it was fun (so says SWIM).
WAIT! It was FUN!???

Isn't this just l-methamphetamine?? like what's in vick's inhalers?

What'd you do, rub a cotton swab inside the hole, or do you take it apart?

Then what did you do? eat it? lick it?

I'm curious. the most shocking thing about your post was "But my god, it was fun." LOL
Old 10-02-2006, 22:24

35 y/o Male from Earth
kemistudent is a decent psychonaut.kemistudent is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 625, Level: 3 Points: 625, Level: 3 Points: 625, Level: 3
Quote:
Man i wish codeine was otc in usa. Even tho compared to other pk's its a shitty high id get a bunch of that shit. Id have boxes all around my house lmao
The only shitty thing i s the caffiene in them. There is a lot of caffiene in OTC tylenol 1's. If anyone has a good way to isolate the crap from the good, it should be posted.
Old 10-02-2006, 22:40
Gold Member

Male from United States
Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.
propylhexedrine isn't desoxyephedrine/l-metamfetamine.
Anyway, yeah... just cut the cotton swab into 4 sections and took em like pills.

Propylhexedrine:

l-metamfetamine:
Old 10-02-2006, 22:43

35 y/o Male from Earth
kemistudent is a decent psychonaut.kemistudent is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 625, Level: 3 Points: 625, Level: 3 Points: 625, Level: 3
Quote:
FROM EROWID: Codeine is Schedule II in the United States. This means it is illegal to sell without a DEA license and illegal to buy or possess without a license or prescription.

Products such as Tylenol II-IV, which contain less than 90 mg codeine per dosage unit, are Schedule III.
Is there a Schedule IV? If not this would lead me to believe that Tylenol I is legal to possess in the US. Why it's not sold is beyond me..
Old 11-02-2006, 00:23

Male
bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.bcStoner420 is captain of the psychonauts.
I think they are legal to possess in the states. I'm almost positive they let you take a certain amount of dosage units back legally, on the plane or whatever.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:34

Male
Codeine is controlled, no matter what dosage. You must have a prescription, no matter what, period. The United States has a I-V schedule formate. Kemistud, what is tylenol I? If it has codeine, it's illegal to possess without a prescription.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:43

Male
Tylenol 1's have 300 mg Acetaminophen, 8 mg Codeine Phosphate and 15 mg Caffeine. They are the ones sold OTC in Canada and I beleive a few states.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:55
Gold Member

Male from United States
what states?
Old 11-02-2006, 06:25

Male
Codeine is controlled by the federal government, and all states abide by federal regulations regarding scheduled substances. There can't be any states that would allow codeine to be sold OTC, that would make no sense.

Post Quality Evaluations:
irrelevant argument. look at marijuana law

Share this on:

Tags
over the counter drug