Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Unidentified Products
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Unidentified Products Unidentified research chemical products

Old 15-09-2010, 17:34
Gold Member

Male from United States
RealGanjaMan probably knows what they are talking about.RealGanjaMan probably knows what they are talking about.RealGanjaMan probably knows what they are talking about.RealGanjaMan probably knows what they are talking about.RealGanjaMan probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,049, Level: 4 Points: 1,049, Level: 4 Points: 1,049, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
RTI-126 Drug Info ((-)-2β-(1,2,4-oxadiazol-5-methyl)-3β-phenyltropane)

Please post information about RTI-126 here.

Can anyone add information about:
  • names / synonyms
  • molecule
  • dose
  • duration
  • side effects
  • legal status
  • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
  • since when has this research chemical been available?
  • stability of the molecule / compound
Experiences with RTI-126 should be discussed here: RTI-126 Experiences

Names: RTI-126, ((-)-2β-(1,2,4-oxadiazol-5-methyl)-3β-phenyltropane)
IUPAC Name: (1R,2S,3S,5S)-8-methyl-2-(1,2,4-oxadiazol-5-methyl)-3-phenyl-8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octane

CAS Number: Unknown
Formula: C17H21N3O
Molar Mass: 283.367 g/mol

Legal status (From wiki):
Quote:
RTI-126 is not explicitly illegal anywhere in the world; its similar pharmacological activity to cocaine makes it possible that it could be considered a controlled substance analogue in countries such as the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand which have controlled substance analogue legislation,[citation needed] but the replacement of the 2β-carbomethoxy group with methyloxadiazole is a significant[citation needed] structural alteration and it is unclear whether it could be considered "substantially similar" in chemical structure so as to bring it within the definition of a controlled substance analogue.[citation needed] There is as yet no case law defining what constitutes a substantially similar chemical structure, and so it is not possible to say for certain whether RTI-126 would be an illegal drug or not.[citation needed]
-----------------------------------------------------------------

A cocaine analogue with a potency claimed 5x that of cocaine.

A legitimate and credible supplier has recently ordered a synthesis of this compound, which leads me to believe this compound will soon be in circulation.

I think its safe to say if it turns out to be a performer at all, it won't last long.
Info / Speculations / Concerns on this one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RTI126.jpg (5.3 KB, 380 views)

Last edited by Alfa; 17-02-2011 at 01:04. Reason: attached image here
Old 17-02-2011, 00:40
MDMA, RC & News Forums

44 y/o Male from United States
Terrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20
Re: RTI-126 Drug Info ((-)-2β-(1,2,4-oxadiazol-5-methyl)-3β-phenyltropane)

This chemical has been rumored to be hitting the market for quite some time, but it increasingly seems it will be available in the near future. There are some serious and well founded concerns with this substance, and we have been holding back discussion to avoid promoting it. But as it seems increasingly inevitable that it will be released "in the wild" it is time to open discussion of it.

Please be aware as with many new substances there may well be "shilling" of it, so please take all reports with a grain of salt. It should also be pointed out that this was a legitimately researched chemical that disappeared suddenly from real research, and while the exact reasons are unclear there are hints that that there were serious concerns about this substance.

Can anyone add information about RTI-126
  • names / synonyms
  • molecule
  • dose
  • duration
  • side effects
  • legal status
  • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
  • since when has this research chemical been available?
  • stability of the molecule / compound

Names: RTI-126, ((-)-2β-(1,2,4-oxadiazol-5-methyl)-3β-phenyltropane)

IUPAC Name: (1R,2S,3S,5S)-8-methyl-2-(1,2,4-oxadiazol-5-methyl)-3-phenyl-8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octane
CAS Number: Unknown
Formula: C17H21N3O*
Molar Mass: 283.367

Experiences with RTI-126 should be discussed here: pg not yet created

It is a phenyltropane derivative which acts as a potent monoamine reuptake inhibitor and stimulant drug. Reportedly fast acting with a short (undefined) duration.

According to old research: It is around 5x more potent a stimulant than cocaine, but is relatively unselective, binding to all three monoamine transporters although still with some selectivity for the dopamine transporter

LEGAL STATUS: Its legal status is unclear, but could feasibly be prosecuted under analog acts in the US, UK, and New Zealand.

There are some indications that it may high a high addiction potential, and while it was researched (legitimately) a fair bit in the 90's it then disappeared. The reasons research with it were stopped are unclear and it is unknown at this time if there were addiction or health issues found that made it unsuitable for further research.

These files related to rti-126 are in the archives:

3-Aryl-2-(3'-substituted-1',2',4'-oxadiazol-5'-yl)tropane analogues of cocaine: affinities at the cocaine binding site at the dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine transporters

Locomotor stimulant effects of novel phenyltropanes in the mouse

Faster onset and dopamine transporter selectivity predict stimulant and reinforcing effects of cocaine analogs in squirrel monkeys

These may also be relevant:
Behavioral effects of novel cocaine analogs: a comparison with in vivo receptor binding potency (Cline et al 1992)

High-affinity binding of [125I]RTI-55 to dopamine and serotonin transporters in rat brain

[125I]RTI-55 Binding to Cocaine-Sensitive Dopaminergic and Serotonergic Uptake Sites in the Human Brain
Old 17-02-2011, 00:59
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 20,960, Level: 21 Points: 20,960, Level: 21 Points: 20,960, Level: 21
Activity: 43.8% Activity: 43.8% Activity: 43.8%
Re: RTI-126 Drug Info ((-)-2β-(1,2,4-oxadiazol-5-methyl)-3β-phenyltropane)

I should add that a source close to the original studies on this compound has already expressed their concern to Drugs-Forum about its potential emergence as a recreational drug. While for reasons of confidentiality I cannot elaborate much on this point I will say that there were some serious adverse side effects observed in the animal studies.

We know next to nothing about this compound in the context of human use, but it should should be treated with extreme caution as there seems to be a genuine risk of both immediate and long-term harm.

Without wanting to sound alarmist my personal opinion is that this is by some way the most hazardous research chemical to be touted in many years. It has the potential to result in drug-related harm and even fatalities, and that makes it both highly dangerous to end-users and destabilizing to the legal status and public perception of the 'legal highs' trade. From a harm reduction perspective I think the only reasonable advice I could give would be to avoid this entirely.
Old 17-02-2011, 01:12
MDMA, RC & News Forums

44 y/o Male from United States
Terrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20
terrapinzflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenoxide View Post
From a harm reduction perspective I think the only reasonable advice I could give would be to avoid this entirely.
I must say I agree, and it is these concerns coupled with not wanting to promote this in the wake of the mephsdrone ban.

I would add that many of the existing reports on the web are suspect, and may be shilling or other substances represented as this substance.

Extreme caution,and skepticism are urged with this substance.

Share this on:

Tags
cocaine, cocaine analogues, drug, drugs, germany, law, rti-126, tropane