Notices

Old 13-09-2010, 07:07
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male from United States
Camilla Rhodes is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%
Promethazine-codeine cough syrup: dose?

SWIM has a prescription for Promethazine-Codeine cough syrup so he is wondering what is a good amount to take for recreational use? SWIM is 150lbs/68kg. Prescription says 1 teaspoon, so SWIM is wondering about how many oz will produce a nice effect.

tanks
Old 13-09-2010, 07:18
Silver Member

Male from United States
GreyApple is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Promethazine-codeine cough syrup: dose?

A Lot of people believe that you need to drink (sipp) at least two ounces (a deuce) to get to feeling a recreational high (leaning), regardless of what rappers talk about, this doesn't mean much everyone is different think about your opiate tolerance as well, don't let swiy drink too much as people have died from taking that cough medicine
Old 13-09-2010, 14:15

2 oz seems like a pretty good amount, does any1 have more precise info on a good dose to weight ratio? SWIM has no tolerance.
Old 13-09-2010, 23:28
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
SmaLLtown is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBhutta2 View Post
A Lot of people believe that you need to drink (sipp) at least two ounces (a deuce) to get to feeling a recreational high (leaning), regardless of what rappers talk about, this doesn't mean much everyone is different think about your opiate tolerance as well, don't let swiy drink too much as people have died from taking that cough medicine
You're getting caught up in the media hype. If one is referring to DJ Screw or Pimp C, the cough syrup had a hand in their death but wasn't the cause. Pimp C used drank and cocaine together, not good. DJ Screw had a heart condition on top of the fact he hardly ever slept. Drank was not the determing factor in their death but only played a part. Let's get the facts straight. Thanks.

Try 2oz in up to 1liter of soda and see how it will effect you. Swim has been sippin' for a decade now, but does it responsibly. By the way what kind did you get? ex...color/manufacturer?
Old 14-09-2010, 01:36
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

Let's quit telling someone to use two ounces when we don't even know what the dose of codeine/prometh is in the syrup. No one can give a dose amount without knowing the codeine/prometh to mL of syrup ratio first.

A good starting dose of codeine for a nontolerant person would be 120 mg but you also want to figure out how much promethazine is in it becuase you may just end up taking a ton of prometh. and knocking yourself out (it's very sedating, much moreso than codeine).

In swim's opinion, syrup is totally overrated. You end up getting waayyy too much prometh. before you get a decent dose of codeine. Swim needs ~450 mg codeine to get a strong high and with the prometh. in the syrup, it just knocks swim out. A much better codeine high is CWEed T3's or T4's and a 25 mg pill of prometh.

FYI, the syrups can contain 15, 30, or 60 mg codeine/5mL. That's why I say 2 oz. is totally misleading.

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 14-09-2010 at 01:37. Reason: edit
Old 14-09-2010, 01:44

A friend of mine asked me to post the following reply:

its a reddish color and is from a Kroger pharmacy. I donno if this helps but the RX# is 4491635. I was planning on only having like half a can of soda with like 2oz, should a drink more is there any kind of advantage? (i dont care about taste and never buy soda) My other question is, about how long does the high last?

I've never used an opiate of any kind, I just use dxm every now and then and happened to stumble on this prescription.

oh, and i would have included the prometh/codeine ratio, but I have no idea what it is the bottle has hardly any info on it. I no longer have the box.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Do not self-incriminate. Use SWIM or AFOAF, or do something more creative.
please use SWIM or "a friend" and avoid self incriminating, it is against the rules

Last edited by MrG; 05-01-2011 at 12:48. Reason: S.I.
Old 14-09-2010, 01:59
Titanium Member

Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

Well, even the brand name could be of use. Your's is going to be generic but the bottle should say like "substitue for (brand name of codeine)" or "sub for...." or something like that.

There's like 6 teaspoons in an ounce, that's why I say the two ounces isn't a good estimated dose. That'd be about 360 mg of codeine if your syrup is 30 mg/5 mL (the most common dose). I'd suggest you try 4 or 5 teaspoons to start off especially since you've never had an opiate before. 360 mg would get swim high and he's well versed in opiates. You don't need to mix it w/soda or anything unless you're really repulsed by the taste.

It's better to be safe than sorry since you aren't experienced with the shit. If you take too little, it's easy to add more. If you take too much, it's damn hard to turn that around.

Be safe.
Old 14-09-2010, 02:54

SWIM has actually already taken 1 oz, a little more including what a took a few hours before. But it was not recreational, SWIM had a horrible cough and couldn't sleep because of it. He went to sleep after an hour (which was the goal since he hadnt slept more than 2 hrs in over 3 days). In that hour the effects were barely noticeable. However, SWIM is not sure how long it should take to feel all of the effects.
Old 14-09-2010, 03:25
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingPictures View Post
Let's quit telling someone to use two ounces when we don't even know what the dose of codeine/prometh is in the syrup. No one can give a dose amount without knowing the codeine/prometh to mL of syrup ratio first.

A good starting dose of codeine for a nontolerant person would be 120 mg but you also want to figure out how much promethazine is in it becuase you may just end up taking a ton of prometh. and knocking yourself out (it's very sedating, much moreso than codeine).

In swim's opinion, syrup is totally overrated. You end up getting waayyy too much prometh. before you get a decent dose of codeine. Swim needs ~450 mg codeine to get a strong high and with the prometh. in the syrup, it just knocks swim out. A much better codeine high is CWEed T3's or T4's and a 25 mg pill of prometh.

FYI, the syrups can contain 15, 30, or 60 mg codeine/5mL. That's why I say 2 oz. is totally misleading.
I'm sorry, but that is totally incorrect.
All prometh/codeine cough syrups (6 different ones) have the same EXACT ratio/dosage fyi. 10mg codeine/6.25mg promethazine per 5mL, so 1oz of syrup would be 60mg codeine/37.5mg/promethazine. 2oz would be 120mg/75mg promethazine. The only thing swim is in agreeance with is the overated part. One could get to point B a whole lot more efficiently using pils. However, if one has never had Actavis brand, the official king of prometh/codeine syrups, then one will not understand the craze that's going about. The taste of the syrup, mixed with soda, is really the reason why it's so popular. Trust me, I know. Prices vary greatly between promethazine/codeine syrups. The reason why, again, TASTE. I can't, due to the forum rules, give a $ example to show further proof. Furthermore, some people like promethazine's sedation effects.

SmaLLtown added 4 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilla Rhodes View Post
its a reddish color and is from a Kroger pharmacy. I donno if this helps but the RX# is 4491635. I was planning on only having like half a can of soda with like 2oz, should a drink more is there any kind of advantage? (i dont care about taste and never buy soda) My other question is, about how long does the high last?

I've never used an opiate of any kind, I just use dxm every now and then and happened to stumble on this prescription.

Camilla Rhodes added 2 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

oh, and i would have included the prometh/codeine ratio, but I have no idea what it is the bottle has hardly any info on it. I no longer have the box.
Take the RX # down lol. Swim stated reddish color. There are 3 different red colors of promethazine/codeine. Swim wil name them in order from best tasting to least. Actavis red(promethazine/codeine-VC)wonderful sweet taste, HiTech red(promethazine/codeine) strawberry flavored, Qualitest red(promethazine/codeine VC)-absolutely horrid taste lol, think robitussin.

SmaLLtown added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmaLLtown View Post
I'm sorry, but that is totally incorrect.
All prometh/codeine cough syrups (6 different ones) have the same EXACT ratio/dosage fyi. 10mg codeine/6.25mg promethazine per 5mL,(VC contain and added ingredient), so 1oz of syrup would be 60mg codeine/37.5mg/promethazine. 2oz would be 120mg/75mg promethazine. The only thing swim is in agreeance with is the overated part. One could get to point B a whole lot more efficiently using pils. However, if one has never had Actavis brand, the official king of prometh/codeine syrups, then one will not understand the craze that's going about. The taste of the syrup, mixed with soda, is really the reason why it's so popular. Trust me, I know. Prices vary greatly between promethazine/codeine syrups. The reason why, again, TASTE. I can't, due to the forum rules, give a $ example to show further proof. Furthermore, some people like promethazine's sedation effects.

SmaLLtown added 4 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Take the RX # down lol. Swim stated reddish color. There are 3 different red colors of promethazine/codeine. Swim wil name them in order from best tasting to least. Actavis red(promethazine/codeine-VC)wonderful sweet taste, HiTech red(promethazine/codeine) strawberry flavored, Qualitest red(promethazine/codeine VC)-absolutely horrid taste lol, think robitussin.

Last edited by SmaLLtown; 14-09-2010 at 03:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-09-2010, 03:41
Titanium Member

Well, swim doesn't know what he was thinking. Maybe different kinds of codeine syrup, not just prometh. I dunno.

10 mg/5 mL? Damn, no wonder that shit's so weak. Ah, I digress.

Anyway, I think we're in agrement that 120 mg is a good starter dose.
Old 14-09-2010, 04:01
Silver Member

10-4. 2oz should be a good amount for the OP to gauge his tolerance.
OP, good luck on testing/experience. If it is indeed HiTech red, swim would suggest mixing it with Sprite with Cherry and a few jollies, or big red float/big blue. Enjoy.
Old 14-09-2010, 04:27

SWIM mixed 2oz with half a can of sprite, its been like 45 mins and i dont feel much yet. Its on an empty stomach too, does it usually take this long to kick in?
Old 14-09-2010, 04:47
Silver Member

Should feel something by now, unless swims tolerance is above average. Tolerance is a big factor. Personally, effects for me, can be felt @ 2oz and above. Normally 4-6oz is great for swim. That will give swim a nice relaxed feeling. Swim drinks for the taste mainly, and a lot others do as well. It's hard to acheive desired effects without using an uneconomical/larger dosage, thus the reason why I stated it was overated. Swim has gotten to the point where 10mg norcos have to be taken along with the syrup.
Anyway, if nothing is felt by the hour mark, drink another oz or two. 4oz prometh/codeine syrup would equal 240mg codeine/150mg promethazine.
Old 14-09-2010, 23:45

SWIM just took another ounce, we'll see if that works. He is definitely going for more than just a relaxed feeling.

Camilla Rhodes added 1117 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

ya...taking 3.5oz didn't give me a buzz, just made me a relaxed kind of drowsy feeling. I guess there is too much prometh.

also, how do i edit a post?

Last edited by Camilla Rhodes; 14-09-2010 at 23:45. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-06-2012, 16:14

Male from United States
OpiatesShmopiates needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

SWIM should mix the syrup with some Sprite and grapefruit juice. It's actually quite delicious

Share this on:

Tags
codeine and promethazine, codeine combinations, promethazine and codeine, promethazine combinations, promethazine recreational use