Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Morphine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 13-09-2010, 01:45
Mercury Member

Male from Canada
Dude101 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Morphine + alcohol

SWIM does not recommend anyone try this.

SWIM was at university frosh week and took around 150 mgs or morphine. About 2 hours later SWIM had one large beer and a vodka drink. Later on SWIM consumed one more vodka drink. SWIM was pretty fucked up but didn't feel any slowed breathing but did dance more since he was not that tired.

Later on that day he did feel more nauseous so SWIM will not drink while on opiates again.
Old 18-09-2010, 18:00
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18
Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5%
Re: Morphine + alcohol

Using morphine and alcohol is an extremely dangerous combination as you risk CNS depression. Basically your brain becomes so sedated it forgets to tell your lungs to breath. Also the morphine could cause nausea, but if you're out cold, if you were to be sick you could end up inhaling your own vomit.

For an opiate naive person the therapeutic dose of morphine starts at 10-20 mgs every four to six hours. Even an opiate tolerant person would be knocked off balance by a dose of this size. Adding alcohol to the equation, especially mixers, is bordering on irresponsible.

Always do the research first, not afterward.

Sparkles.
Old 20-09-2010, 14:57
Mercury Member

Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by missparkles View Post
Using morphine and alcohol is an extremely dangerous combination as you risk CNS depression. Basically your brain becomes so sedated it forgets to tell your lungs to breath. Also the morphine could cause nausea, but if you're out cold, if you were to be sick you could end up inhaling your own vomit.

For an opiate naive person the therapeutic dose of morphine starts at 10-20 mgs every four to six hours. Even an opiate tolerant person would be knocked off balance by a dose of this size. Adding alcohol to the equation, especially mixers, is bordering on irresponsible.

Always do the research first, not afterward.

Sparkles.
That why SWIM stated in my first line that no one attempt this, for safety precaution. SWIM's tolerance is moderate to heavy since of the major pod slurry intake he has been taking for sometime now. SWIM knows it was irresponsible but he knew he could handle a few beers...
Old 20-09-2010, 16:16

missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute

Regardless of tolerance this not a good idea. Why does SWIY think all of a sudden they are immune from this consequence. Tolerance to opiates can fluctuate, metabolic rate can change throughout your life. If it slows down for a while your tolerance to opiates can drop. And although SWIY said it was a dangerous combo, he didn't actually say why it was. All he stated was that "this is a dangerous combo but I can do it, don't you try it though." How does that help anyone else?

I'll be honest with you, my first thought is that SWIY had logged into DF and having nothing informative to say (but needing to say something) they posted that they'd used this amount to impress, but decided as DF is a harm minimisation site they had to make sure they placed a "don't do this at home" disclaimer. Apologies if I have it wrong. Simply because they didn't explain why it's dangerous.

Sparkles.
Old 20-09-2010, 17:49
Titanium Member

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.
Points: 517, Level: 3 Points: 517, Level: 3 Points: 517, Level: 3

I think finding several friends dead after they mixed alcohol and strong opioids got the message though my head at quite an early age. Do this and sooner or later your VERY likely to pull a blue. Thumbs down.

Post Quality Evaluations:
fantastic Ral World experience report to get the point across!
thanks for the knowledge .
Old 20-09-2010, 18:58
Mercury Member

Male from Canada

Not really to impress, just an experience report. Some people's systems also handle drugs differently and your friends might of been light weights, or had tolerance issues or their systems couldn't handle it.

But SWIM will not try this combo again, since it was not worth the nausea and as others have stated do not try this since it can slow SWIY's breathing. Thanks for all SWIMMERS input.
Old 20-09-2010, 19:24

"Light weights?"

Again, it has absolutely nothing to do with being a badass "I can do fuck off huge amounts of opiates, booze and benzo's." Your tolerance to all drugs changes, not just me, or Piglet, but you too. It can change because you have a cold, or haven't eaten or slept for a few days. So when you're that near the edge, it's irresponsible to use that combo of drugs. It has nothing to do with being a "light weight."

Sparkles.
Old 20-09-2010, 19:53
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

Alcohol and opiates are probably the most common OD death. While it can feel quite good (for swim at least) it's still dangerous. The other day, swim had about 8 beers and caught his little toe on the edge of the sofa and (he's pretty sure) broke it or at least sprained it very badly. He couldn't walk on that foot it hurt so bad. Anyway, he took 20 mg methadone for the pain (and to get loaded ) but the next thing he knows, he's waking up 6 hours later. That shit got right on top of swim and he doesn't even remember it kicking in. Swim is a person who regularly combines opiates and alcohol (see his posts in the What Drug is Swiy on? thread) so he was surprised how strongly it effected him.

What I'm trying to say is that combining the two can be a crap shoot sometimes. Depending on how much you've drank, even small amounts of opiates can have very strong effects.
Old 21-09-2010, 16:09
Mercury Member

Male from Canada

Note taken, SWIM will never drink when hes taken that amount of morphine.

Now that SWIM thinks about it hes breathing was slowed a tad when he was lying on the grass, but not sedated enough to pass right out.
Old 26-06-2012, 06:12

36 y/o Female from United States
dontdodrugs is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0%

i had a wine cooler and later a half a 15mg of morphine an hour later right before bed. i woke up 3 hours later vomiting severely and continued for about 18 hours of repeat vomiting. i couldnt eat or drink anything and any time a lil bit of bile would be produced in my stomach i'd wake up heaving. in the mean time i couldn't keep myself awake at all and was barely capable of getting myself out of bed to use the bathroom.. i kept a garbage can next to my bed and was violently ill for 18 hours. i highly recommend not ever mixing morphine with alcohol... i heard once that morphine can help cure alcoholism, and now i understand why... if you drink while on morphine you will wish you could hurry up and die because it can make a person so unbelievably sick.
Old 26-06-2012, 06:27
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
GUCH is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

how dangerous is this really. could the dangerous effects be present even if the effects of the drug arent very prounounced. swim once took 160mgs hydrocodone orally and drank about half a fifth of E and J. he felt somewhat drunk and a little itchy but not much opiate feeling. swim is confused because 30mgs oxycodone snorted will send him flying.
Old 26-06-2012, 07:10
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from Earth
DocBrock probably knows what they are talking about.DocBrock probably knows what they are talking about.DocBrock probably knows what they are talking about.DocBrock probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 626, Level: 3 Points: 626, Level: 3 Points: 626, Level: 3
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

It is regularly fatal.
Whilst actually conscious, not too dangerous. Like juggling jackals is safe.
Not too dangerous until....
You sit down and nod off. Respiratory failure. <-- killed my sister and a few friends over the years. Quite common.
You sit down and nod off and barf a little. Only a teaspoons worth of vomit enters the lungs, but, your clearing reflexes are screwed. Choked on own vomit. Quite common.
You nod out of consciousness but appear to be functioning. One of your functions will be to drink more alcohol.
You mis-judge a kerb and fall, smacking your head, rendering you unconscious ( been there, but had people with me ) or you stumble onto train lines or a main road. Not uncommon.
You fall into a canal or river and drown.

So, safe combo then.

I know from personal loss that 1/2 a bottle of wine and 10mg valium can prove to be fatal, and you'd never call my sis a 'lightweight' consumer.

Go read coroners reports. It's more common than you'd think. The OP got off OK this time.
Old 31-08-2012, 04:16
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
Keiyentai is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Mixing Booze and Opiate or Benzo's is just in general bad. It takes very little to cross "the line" from "I'm ok" to "oh shit I'm gone" and something bad happens. When I was with my ex wife I was on percs, I drank and on benzo's...bad combo one night I clearly remember us fighting and saying "will you just leave me alone and shut up" and next thing I remember was waking up in the ER with two IV's in me, leads on my chest and getting bitched at by three nurses who knew me personally and telling me how lucky I was. I apparently in my "wonderful" state of mind of half bottle of vodka, 20mg valium and 20mg perc mind decided to get up way to fast and hit my head on the corner of my computer desk and had a seizure or so I'm told I honestly don't remember. So it has nothing to do with being a "light weight" cause at that time it was during my worst drinking days. That was my wake up call. Sorry to res a somewhat old thread but if it can help knock sense in to some one yea. Also DocBrock I am sorry about your sister.

Also for the OP spending 18hours in the ER for being a dumbass isn't fun especially when the entire staff except for the new people know you....

Last edited by Keiyentai; 31-08-2012 at 04:17. Reason: typo
Old 31-08-2012, 05:58
Banned

Male from Canada
WarmCoCo needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

at university frosh week and took around 150 mgs or morphine. About 2 hours later SWIM had one large beer and a vodka drink. Later on SWIM consumed one more vodka drink.

rt us stupid buddy? didn't u go to a uni? these ppl should be smarter. sorr y forbeing rude but u gotta knowe better: this is death
Old 30-10-2013, 23:13

54 y/o Male from Canada
Addicted2Morphine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude101 View Post
SWIM does not recommend anyone try this.

SWIM was at university frosh week and took around 150 mgs or morphine. About 2 hours later SWIM had one large beer and a vodka drink. Later on SWIM consumed one more vodka drink. SWIM was pretty fucked up but didn't feel any slowed breathing but did dance more since he was not that tired.

Later on that day he did feel more nauseous so SWIM will not drink while on opiates again.
I would never do that high level morphine and drink,, period.Just to dangerous.But I have just started morphine,only 10mg a day ,lol, but just took 5mg, and drank 10 oz of vodka, feel fine,great buzz, but just got fed up with doc giving me such a low dose pain killer for badly herniated disk in my back,so i figured I would boost it up a bit,so much pain for such little meds,its a fuckin joke how little pain meds they want to give out,my pet dog gets treated better.They all think we are just a bunch of addicts,its pathetic!
Old 13-11-2013, 16:24

22 y/o Male from United Kingdom
areweonair is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

If SWIM was to drink 2 pints of lager would taking oral morphine (60-80mg) a couple of hours later still be dangerous? It's not a massive amount of alcohol anyway and with a few hours inbetween...

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
SWIM was banned years ago

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, alkohol, beer, booze, depression, drug, drugs-forum, morphine, morphine and alcohol, morphine pills, opiates