Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 08-12-2005, 10:20
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Swing should review received reputation comments.
levmetamfetamine Q's

Allright I have a few questions. Why the hell does Vicks call it levmetamfetamine instead of l-methamphetamine? Can they actually change a name of a chemical on their drug facts list and do you guys think they did this so most people wouldn't think it was methamphetamine? And how did the DEA let them get away with making this I mean I know the l isomer is weaker but I thought that isomers of controlled substances were illegal too *confused*
Old 15-12-2005, 07:54
Silver Member

Hey I'm bumping this topic up because I want to know how they can get away with selling L-methamphetamine as levmetamfetamine
Old 15-12-2005, 11:46
Silver Member

Male from Germany
Freak_ is a decent psychonaut.Freak_ is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
l = Levo
d = dextro
Old 15-12-2005, 16:56
Silver Member

Male
Boyv is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Nothing weird about it. Just as Freak says, the d stands for dextro and the l for levo. Just the same as dextro-amphetamine also being named as dexamphetamine or dexedrine.
Old 17-12-2005, 23:48
Silver Member

Yeah but why do they call it metamfetamine instead of methamphetamine? And still I thought the isomers were illegal.
Old 17-12-2005, 23:59
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
glorf is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
they used to call it l-desoxyephedrine, IIRC. but now "ephedrine" is a word of danger, a killer chemical unscrupulously pushed on the public by evil pharma companies, until the Truth was exposed by the media. i would guess that they want to do as much as they can to prevent another hysterical news feature such as "10 year olds buying meth at Walgreens".

Last edited by glorf; 18-12-2005 at 00:04.
Old 25-01-2006, 14:32
Banned

Male
fnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medline
Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12
i heard people break apart the inhalers and get the cotton thing inside to extract the l-meth to inject, and people claim to get a good speed, but it wont do anything unless you inject it, so i hear, anyone have any ideas or info on this
Old 15-12-2006, 06:52

Male
Trompeur is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Re: levmetamfetamine Q's

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord View Post
i heard people break apart the inhalers and get the cotton thing inside to extract the l-meth to inject, and people claim to get a good speed, but it wont do anything unless you inject it, so i hear, anyone have any ideas or info on this
Swim has had a great time with these. Swim just pops the bottoms out, cuts the cotton into swallowable pieces, and eats them. It gives him a great body buzz, much like oral ingestion of street methamphetamine.
Old 20-12-2006, 17:43
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United States
GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompeur View Post
Swim has had a great time with these. Swim just pops the bottoms out, cuts the cotton into swallowable pieces, and eats them. It gives him a great body buzz, much like oral ingestion of street methamphetamine.
Does SWIY eat all the cotton pieces at once, or just one piece per dose?
Old 20-12-2006, 18:23

Male from United States
mfrieze is learning how to become a psychonaut.

I thought this could only be done with those benzedrex inhalers.. i thought the vicks inhalers had a differen't chemical the benzedrex..
Old 20-12-2006, 18:31
Gold Member

Male
darawk is on the way updarawk is on the way updarawk is on the way up
Points: 404, Level: 3 Points: 404, Level: 3 Points: 404, Level: 3

Benzedrex = propylhexedrine
Vicks = l-methamphetamine

From everything i've heard l-meth is almost completely inactive in the CNS, but i've never eaten a vicks inhaler so I don't know for sure.
Old 20-12-2006, 18:33
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United States
GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5

They do have different chemicals. Benzedrex is propylhexedrine and Vicks is levmetamfetamine. They're both stimulants, so I gotta believe both can be abused.
Old 20-12-2006, 18:35

Male from United States
mfrieze is learning how to become a psychonaut.

hmm well swim has tried the benzedrex and enjoyed it quit a bit.. he cut the cotton in half and smashed them into 2 little balls and then parachuted with water.. I had a friend who took 2 when swim did it and the friend got pretty sick..

swim may try the levmetamfetamine tonight and report back on it..
Old 05-03-2007, 23:30

Male
Max.coke is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Hey, I purchased some generic walgreens "vapor inhaler" about an hour ago.

I came home, took like twenty sniffs in each nostril. It contains "levmetamfetamine 50mg" per inhaler.

It wasnt working. I busted the plastic with a hemmer. It was a little tube like thing you find in some markers or highlighters. I sniffed on it. Then I ripped it in half. I tried smoking one half, and I chewed on the other half than swallowed it.

I feel a little intoxicated, plus it tasted like shit. But no rush or anything.

I have a home blood pressure kit thing. I just took my blood pressure. It is 117/71 and the pulse is 100! wthat is pretty high pulse considering itm typing on the computer. Usually pulse is like 65.

In any way, DONT SPREAD THE WORD. It will go from OTC at walgreens to something like prescription.

I think I am euphoric right now, but not stimulated. Just like euphoric.

Go and try it, but don't tell your friends. Enjoy it while you can.

Thanks,
Max
Old 05-03-2007, 23:32

Male

The thing is you cant take sniffs, you got to get it to your system.

Once again, please dont spread the word.

Thanks, Max
Old 06-03-2007, 00:03

Male

Ok, so hear I am. It is about 30 minutes since I ingested the little tube you find inside. I am not sure about the vicks, I thing it has some deiiferent mschanism. Well, perhg maps you have read my last two replies.

I am very confused. I am still very euphoric. I was just riding my bike. Now I am like falling asleep. My blood pressure is 121/77, pulse is 85 (pulse about 20 more than usual.)

But I am like falling asleep. It would be very pleasant for me to take a nap right now, although I am trying not to. Its like morphine or something.

Now upon reading the box I see it says "in case of overdose or ingestion of contents, get medical help or contact poison control center.

Anyways, I just wanted to share with you a detailed account of what happehns. I just joined this forum not because I take lots of drugs or do research, but because it was like the 5th Google result for levmetamfetamine.

So I guess there is no point in this. Considering I dont have ADHD, I dont think that the drug provides much stimulatry effects to anyone at all. After taking it, then I felt kind of euphoric and numbness, then now I feel like sedated and somewhat euphoric. My pulse is very fast, but it doesn't make what I do any faster. I tried riding my bike and running and doing pullups, but no better than usual. Sure i felt effects, but It wasnt stimulatry.

I do have to say I am very dissapointed. Except for the fact that this generic Walgreens inhaler only cost me 3.80
Old 12-02-2009, 23:49

31 y/o Male
Belial777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

I have abused Vicks inhalers containing levmetamfetamine on several occasions, by either removing the filter inside, cutting it into pieces, and swallowing it, or by simply swallowing the fliter whole - and I usually eat 2-3 filters at a time. It does produce a short-lived euphoric speed-like high, but I've found that the side effects are too nasty. I tend to sweat this greasy, Vicks-ish sweat and my whole head and taste buds are saturated in the taste. It's also given me terrible heart palpitations and an irregular beat. Also, on several occasions, I've mixed the inhalers with Robitussin cough gels (for the dextromethorphan) for a combined amphetamine/dissasociative high. This, too, is fun but short-lived and revs up my heart to a dangerous place. A UA I recently dropped after using Vicks inhalers showed positive for meth at a level upwards of 35,000ng/ml, which is ridiculously high! Use caution!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:45

Male from United States
DogenGenjo should review received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1

Why do you all assume levmetamfetamine is even related to methamphetamine, other than a similar spelling? Chemist will inform you the two do not even share a similar, let alone the same molecular structure. The differences between the two is about the same as Phenylephrine as it could relate to Pseudoephedrine, of which neither have the same molecuar structure either. Both are totallly different drugs as Levemetamfetamine is to methamphetamine, so is Phenlyephrine is to pseudoephedrine. Perhaps for a lack of a better name during the patent of Levitmef, a poor choice os a name was given to the product or chemical substance, which shares NO molecular similarity at all, not even close enough to even say they are related. Yet persons will think what they will without any research or going to a source of information to find out the truths about such OTC drugs vs. illegal drugs. Altho' pseudoephedrine is legal, but only in a controlled environment.
As for the comments on getting a buzz or high like speed, from eating the cotton or smoking it, all I can say is geezus, would you same persons digest anything lethal, that is not for smoking or ingesting? This whole subject & having to inform certain persons reminds me to much of having to inform kids why they cannot buy plastic model glue. Even tho' a non-lethal version is made for kids, & adults can still buy the old origiinal glue. But what dummy in their own right mind is going to sniff glue, will also be the same person to use a Vicks Inhaler to try to get a buzz or high. This is as ludicrous as just opening a gas tank & whiffing its fumes, until your disorineted.
Again there are no chemical attributes of the two, to consider them even in the same family. Yet true Vicks should of came up with a totaly different name for Levmetafine. So quit abusing simple OTC meds. Or this too will no longer be over the counter, not because it has meth in it. As if the authorities or FDA new persons were overdosing on consumption of nail polish, by sniffing it, they would have to sell that over Pharmacists counter, not on the shelves.

Post Quality Evaluations:
You are completely wrong. Please know what you are talking about before posting.
This is misleading information. Do your research
Old 09-10-2011, 03:39
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
Impure157 is captain of the psychonauts.Impure157 is captain of the psychonauts.Impure157 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

I'm not sure what happened to the rep/comment about the post above mine, I was having connection issues and it doesn't seem like it went through.

Anyway DogenGenjo please do not make a post until you're sure what you are talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogenGenjo
Why do you all assume levmetamfetamine is even related to methamphetamine, other than a similar spelling? Chemist will inform you the two do not even share a similar, let alone the same molecular structure
Levmetafetamine is Levo-methamphetamine.
Both names refer to the same levorotary isomer of methamphetamine.
L-meth does not cause any psychological effects, as such it is not addictive the way the dextrorotatory isomer or the racemic substance is.

Quote:
Perhaps for a lack of a better name during the patent of Levitmef, a poor choice os a name was given to the product or chemical substance, which shares NO molecular similarity at all, not even close enough to even say they are related.
The exact opposite is true, the name was chosen as it IS L-meth, the modified spelling was simply a way to list the chemical while simultaneously trying to somewhat conceal that fact.

Quote:
will also be the same person to use a Vicks Inhaler to try to get a buzz or high. This is as ludicrous as just opening a gas tank & whiffing its fumes, until your disorineted.
You have obviously never heard of Benzedrine inhalers, the original decongestant inhaler that contained racemic amphetamine while that was still legal or the currently available Benzedrex inhalers which contain propylhexedrine (hexahydromethamphetamine).

Quote:
Yet true Vicks should of came up with a totaly different name for Levmetafine.
As I already said, that is what they did.

Quote:
Or this too will no longer be over the counter, not because it has meth in it.
Methamphetamine is actually two stereo-isomers, Dextro and Levo. D-meth is what readily crosses the BBB (Blood Brain Barrier) into the CNS (Central Nervous System) where is acts as a dopamine and serotonin reuptake inhibiting/releasing agent. L-meth on the other hand does not cross the BBB in any significant way, instead it remains in the SNS (Sympathic Nervous System) causing effects such as, vasoconstriction, heightened blood pressure and heart, rate just to name a few.

Quote:
As if the authorities or FDA new persons were overdosing on consumption of nail polish, by sniffing it, they would have to sell that over Pharmacists counter, not on the shelves.
Not sure where this statement came from?

TL;DR: Levmetamfetamine IS simply another name for the levorotary isomer of methamphetamine, nothing else.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:34

Male from United States
boinghd is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

Swim kind of likes the chemical. It's better, at least for him, than OTC pseudoephedrine. I wonder what the differences are? Much less of a body-high, and more clear-headedness. Typing is extremely fluent.

boinghd added 87 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

okay.. swiy should never eat baby carrots on amphs... i'm just about puking carrot scuz.

Last edited by boinghd; 11-01-2012 at 06:34. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-04-2012, 20:31

35 y/o Male from United States
YOGSOGGOTH should review received reputation comments.
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrieze View Post
hmm well swim has tried the benzedrex and enjoyed it quit a bit.. he cut the cotton in half and smashed them into 2 little balls and then parachuted with water.. I had a friend who took 2 when swim did it and the friend got pretty sick..

swim may try the levmetamfetamine tonight and report back on it..
well where im at its 2:20 on a saturday and no pharm is open to try the benzedrex, which i really wanted to since im fixing to come down from a nice gr. of glass. i just cut up the cotton from a vicks and ingested that, so ill let you know if there any good. peace _||m
Old 16-04-2012, 23:13

35 y/o Male from United States
YOGSOGGOTH should review received reputation comments.
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

reporting back and my opinion gonna do it again, but read on here about the psychosis and mania that people have experienced, as for me i was amazed at the hallucinations and even to kick em up another notch i took a box of coriciden. not recommending you do what i did but it was pretty good for me.

Share this on:

Tags
benzedrex, drugs, drugs forum