Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 30-12-2013, 23:55
Silver Member

18 y/o Male from United States
cre0057 is a decent psychonaut.cre0057 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 274, Level: 2 Points: 274, Level: 2 Points: 274, Level: 2
Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2%
A warning to new users: Beware the Honey Moon stage.

So you tried meth, you fell in love with it and the high it gave you. So what next? you are so impressed with the euphoria and excess energy it gave you allowing you to finally get those chores you dread so much done. So you decide your going to keep it in your life. What harm can it do? I will just do it every once in a while. right? Wrong...

TRUTH: This is basic human nature. When you do something and you like it (e.g sex, gambling, shopping, etc. You are more likely to repeat that behavior for its pleasurable effects as opposed to not having done it because the behavior cannot be reinforced if it has not been experienced. We are hardwired to behave in this manner. For example: Obesity...the love of food. Somewhere down the lines the person struggling with obesity had a whopper and enjoyed that whopper and now enjoys the whopper everyday. (Not all cases of obesity are from overeating or poor diets)

The Honey Moon Phase: (my definition) The phase in drug use in which the user has experimented with a certain drug and continues to use the drug for its effects as recreational users. Usually, the user is new to the drug and has little tolerance and lots of confidence that they are in control of there drug use. they may even feel it enhances their life and makes them a better person. This soon escalates to more frequent use as the drug takes on more importance in that persons life. The honey moon stage is very common with Meth, ask any hardened/veteran user. Probably because of its highly addictive properties and huge impact on the brains reward/dopamine system.

Words of wisdom: : If you are not addicted yet, you will most likely be addicted in the near future, sooner than you think. Only a small minority of meth users can keep there use recreational. I will place emphasis on the small part. So the odds are you will be addicted. Than you will find yourself smoking everyday and not even being able to get high. believe me, im not lying.

You have been warned.

Post Quality Evaluations:
More than a little Heavy-Handed; posting absolutes leaves your position undefendable
Old 31-12-2013, 02:05
Banned

31 y/o Male from USA - California
whatstheproblem probably knows what they are talking about.whatstheproblem probably knows what they are talking about.whatstheproblem probably knows what they are talking about.whatstheproblem probably knows what they are talking about.whatstheproblem probably knows what they are talking about.
Re: A warning to new users: Beware the Honey Moon stage.

i appreciate your warning but i believe you could have worded it a bit different or used some better examples.

the food example you used doesnt relate to meth at all. People that struggle with obesity or food addiction have a bit of a different struggle in that they need their doc to live. i dont have to ingest meth 3 times a day to live.

people that start meth arent always new to drugs. i had close to 15 years experience with drugs before i started to get into it and ive known other people personally and on here with similar stories.

to end with the general statment of "well, your just gonna get addicted to it sooner or later" is just plain not true. the great thing about "human nature" that you touched on is that nobody is the same and things effect people differently so you really cant say that someone will for surely get addicted to where they are using everyday.

This seems more like a personal story than something that should be used to warn people about the effects of meth

very well stated. agree, some personal pain is underlying. Am pleased you understood posters initial thought was caring
Old 31-12-2013, 03:05
Silver Member

Male from USA - Washington
stasik is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 309, Level: 2 Points: 309, Level: 2 Points: 309, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Yes, there are people out there who will be able to control their use of drugs to where it won't affect their life very negatively.

That said, it is completely foolish to use this fact to argue that people should not be warned about the dangers of addiction. Addiction is very real, and it will develop in the majority of drug users. I wouldn't be able to give anyone a specific percentage, but I am certain that this number lies somewhere above 90%.

The general statement: "you will get addicted sooner or later" is pretty much an absolute. Some people's infatuations with drugs develop slowly. Others, more quickly. But almost everyone ends up in a place where they can't juggle their addictions and real life. Their entire existence ends up revolving around finding and using drugs. Their quality of life always suffers because of this.

Concerning the ~10% of drug users who can function very well and maintain a high standard of living. Yes, they exist. But even they, most (yes - most, not all) of them are functioning with much crappier physical and/or mental health.

encouraging harm reduction, excellent counter argument
Good point - Possible, but not probable that you can use this recreationally.
Old 31-12-2013, 03:16
Banned

whatstheproblem probably knows what they are talking about.whatstheproblem probably knows what they are talking about.whatstheproblem probably knows what they are talking about.whatstheproblem probably knows what they are talking about.whatstheproblem probably knows what they are talking about.

well, i tend to disagree with alot of those statements as well. Those are opinions that you can surely have but to say they are fact i think is misleading. Where did i say that you shouldnt warn people about addiction. i think that was the first sentence in my post.

Addiction is extremely real, i agree, but i dont know how you can be certain 90% are strung out. would you say 90% of the people on that are members of this site are strung out?

To say that your gonna be addicted sooner or later is an absolute is unfair and reaching statement with no fact behind it.

then to say that your made up number of 10% that are functioning arent really but indeed one step away from the er is rarely rude and an uneducated statement.

these are your opinions but no facts. but your entitled to your opinions all day long. theres no need to get heated over it though
Old 31-12-2013, 06:52
Titanium Member

69 y/o Male from USA - Texas
Waiting For The Fall really adds to the discussion.Waiting For The Fall really adds to the discussion.Waiting For The Fall really adds to the discussion.Waiting For The Fall really adds to the discussion.Waiting For The Fall really adds to the discussion.Waiting For The Fall really adds to the discussion.
Points: 849, Level: 4 Points: 849, Level: 4 Points: 849, Level: 4
Activity: 12.1% Activity: 12.1% Activity: 12.1%

Wow! From some of these assumptions, I feel like I'm being pushed into the 1 percentile group who escape these harsh consequences. I have a high standard of living, am in great health and my memory is excellent. And I have a lot to remember. In 2014, I'll be 70 years old.

Meth is simply one small portion of my life. I retired 5 years ago, but decided to stay in the work force to help maintain my standard of living and do things I like to do. I work 30-40 hours a week, raise and breed birds, do my own yard work, socialize with friends, read, write, cook, play with my dog, and yes, once a week I shoot about a half a gram, usually on my Friday night. I enjoy the recreational aspects of it, and look to it partially as a reward for finishing off another week at work.

I've never had a craving for meth, usually keep to the once a week routine, although I did have a 3-day binge with a friend a couple of weeks ago. This past summer I took a 4-month break from using meth, simply as a self-check, and I didn't mind it a bit.

I am not in the least telling anyone that doing meth is "no big thing." To most, it can become an addiction, and unfortunately, I do have a friend addicted to it. I see how it can change people, and it's not pretty. But for some of us, due to body chemistry, attitude, self-control, keeping the body healthy, and an educated awareness of how meth affects the body, we have escaped the very negative aspects of this drug.

I do know others who maintain a similar recreational use of meth, so maybe there's even 2 percent of us. I don't want to appear snobbish, but those of us with solid college educations, professional careers and our standard of living to maintain, perhaps have a better understanding and ability of protecting what we have while still indulging in the pleasures of a strongly addictive drug.
Old 31-12-2013, 08:31
Banned

36 y/o Male from United States
DotheDew needs to UTFSE some more before posting.DotheDew needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Who made this post...Ronald Reagan? Ive been reading alot of post in these forums that make ya laugh and even question some of these goofs reasons for making the statements that they do. This one simple needs a Get the fuck outta here!

rude response to a post and adds nothing to it. maybe you should glance at the rules again as this is not acceptable
flaming has no place here
Obnoxious and childish.
Personal attack that adds nothing to the thread.
Old 31-12-2013, 09:06
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Australia
bannana is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 153, Level: 2 Points: 153, Level: 2 Points: 153, Level: 2
Activity: 16.1% Activity: 16.1% Activity: 16.1%

I go through the "the honeymoon phase" everytime I go on a binge, think that's normal isn't it?
Old 31-12-2013, 09:33
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotheDew View Post
Who made this post...Ronald Reagan? Ive been reading alot of post in these forums that make ya laugh and even question some of these goofs reasons for making the statements that they do. This one simple needs a Get the fuck outta here!
Don't know what you mean with Ronald Reagan here. I think you might be confused a little on your history as Reagan probably didn't advocate meth in any way. remember "just say no."

if you want to stay a part of this site, i wouldnt badmouth the people here as alot of them are very knowledgeable and maybe if you settle down a little, you might find that they know more than you and you could learn something. setting the ego aside would help too.

but if you dont have anything to contribute to a thread except some misguided history and calling people "goofs", i would move on. save yourself the negative responses that are coming which are surely gonna make you more angry and that which could have been avoided had you showed a little maturity.
Old 31-12-2013, 11:34
Silver Member

18 y/o Male from United States
cre0057 is a decent psychonaut.cre0057 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 274, Level: 2 Points: 274, Level: 2 Points: 274, Level: 2
Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2%

I won't reply to the ignorant comments, but, anyhow, I don't question that there are people out there who can use and keep it together. As others have stated, everybody is different and all drugs impact people differently. But as a general rule of thumb, when dealing with a drug as potent and addictive as methamphetamine, there is a very high probability of addiction and its manifests itself during the honey moon phase. That is all. I did not mean to offend anybody.
Old 31-12-2013, 22:17
Banned

i wouldnt say you offended people (speak for myself) but the first post made some generalizations about alot of people and some of them werent in a good light really.

but you intention was good in that i think you were just trying to warn people about how this drug can be very addicting and how it can take over and ruin lives. which is true but not true for everyone. and that it can have a higher chance of addiction than other drugs which is also true.

i wasnt trying to attack you but i just wanted to say that some of the users arent full blown addicts or strung out by any means. i apologize if i came off like that. have a good one
Old 01-01-2014, 00:23
Silver Member

Female from United Kingdom
tiger lily is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Just got to say that having a private or 'solid' education as I think it was put, a privileged upbringing, professional career, good standard of living....call it what you want lol you get my drift, Does Not impede, stop or having any baring on whether you become a full blown addict or not! My best bud has worked with addicts for years and says these facts make no difference what so ever in his opinion.

And my own experience I've known Loads of private 'upper' class junkies, in fact having money in my own involvements with addiction and observations of others just makes your downfall quicker, you progress into the later stages of the disease with less effort shall we say lol. It's pretty gruesome really.

Share this on: