Register Tags

Notices

Old 24-08-2010, 04:24
Silver Member

Male from United States
lost_soul is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 101, Level: 1 Points: 101, Level: 1 Points: 101, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
the duration of the oxycodone rush, by injecting?

After SWIM has done some research and discovered that injecting seems to give the biggest rush and yet last the least amount of time, SWIM has found injecting to give an even bigger rush, but then only to last ten minutes at most. WTF? Tolerance is up to 40mg of oxy per dose. Snorting lasts 2-3 hours, oral, 4-6. But when injecting, it seems like the rush is the only thing. Is this subjective? Has any other swimmer found that when injecting, after the rush, it seems like there is no high? Very different from heroin, which has a most definite high separate from the rush. Or maybe the dose isn't big enough...

SWIM really wants an answer. It's like it's crack, honest to god! 10 seconds of fun then it's all over. How expensive ...
Old 24-08-2010, 17:42
Banned

Male from Canada
zeno is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Injecting - WTF?

A werewolf I know would definitely disagree with that statement. The wolf pointed out the rush of the IV tampers off and the high continues - just not as long as snorting or swallowing.
Old 24-08-2010, 18:20
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: Injecting - WTF?

Once swim got real strung out on heroin, unless he did a huge amount, all he'd feel was a little rush when it first got shot, then a buzz for like 5 minutes, then nothing. He'd just be not sick.

Maybe it's just your body chemistry. If Swim were you though, he'd go with the ROA that lasts the longest. Fuck a little rush then nothing. He'd rather a slow onset and a 4-6 hour high. Plus, if you can still get high eating them, you really shouldn't be shooting yet.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:53
Titanium Member

22 y/o Female from United States
Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.Holly021255 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,768, Level: 6 Points: 1,768, Level: 6 Points: 1,768, Level: 6
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: the duration of the oxycodone rush, by injecting?

SWIH didn't IV oxycodone until after she started shooting heroin on a daily basis. About 6 weeks before this, SWIH quit oxycodone, as she had been Rx'ed 60 mg generic IR oxycodone/daily for chronic pain, and had been taking them orally (w/out crushing) for about 6 months, though she only took them 3-4 days/week, so although she had a high tolerance when she stopped, there was very little WD involved. SWIH had been interested in heroin for the past few months, and she finally procured some three weeks after stopping oxycodone, and started IVing on a daily basis almost immediately. After 2.5-3 weeks of this, a friend offered her a 20mg oxycodone shot, and she did this when she hadn't taken any heroin for maybe 36-48 hours (again, there was no heroin WD). In SWIH's experience, IV oxycodone completely blows heroin out of the water for a number of reasons. The oxycodone rush is a lot more powerful, stimulating, intense and euphoric than a heroin rush, but the former lasts about 20 seconds, while SWIH's experienced 2 min. heroin rushes. Also, the oxy high lasts about 45 min-1 hr at most, while heroin lasts for 3-4.

Perhaps SWINY's experience is different due to prior drug use? For example, like SWINMovingPictures said, IVing oxycodone shortly after IVing heroin is pointless, as is IVing oxy during heroin WD's. Also, is SWINY's tolerance 40 mg regardless of ROA? For SWIH, 20mg IV'ed was roughly equivalent to 60 mg parachuted. This might be the result of decreased tolerance, but she'd quit oxycodone for longer than 6 weeks many times before, and her tolerance never went down more than 20mg at most.

This is just SWIH's opinion, but it seems like pharmaceutical opiates/opioids are a lot more satisfying when one IV's small amounts frequently, as opposed to large, infrequent doses. If an opiate is inherently short-acting in comparison to morphine and heroin, doing a larger shot will not make the high last any longer, and the rush will not even be that much stronger. This is kind of unrelated, but it baffles SWIH that some people IV an entire K8 pill in one shot, as she finds the rush from 1mg to be almost as enjoyable. If one increases the amt of pharm opiates, the rush won't really get better, especially if SWINY's re-dosing, and has already done many shots that day. In fact, SWIH has actually increased her IV oxy dose by 10mg every 2 hrs, but the rush still got weaker the more she did!

SWIH would suggest IVing 15 mg, and taking the remainder orally, since SWINY wants a longer-acting high. Or else, IV 10mg every hour.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great info!
Old 18-01-2011, 02:15
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male from United States
SyntheticSatori is learning how to become a psychonaut.

I dunno about that, a 10 mg IV dose of oxycodone probably won't do much more than cure a headache if you have any kind of opiate tolerance.

My friend needs at least 30 mg to feel a decent rush. He takes 60 mg IV now when he wants to get high, which produces a nice rush for a few minutes. Oxy doesn't have much "legs" - it wears off quickly, unlike heroin, which produces a high which lasts an hour or two usually.

My friend prefers good dope if he can get it but oxy's are easier. He really enjoys the oxy rush (and loves that taste in the back of his mouth) however - it is distinct from heroin and very enjoyable.

Also: space the shots out by at least 8 hours, my friend recommends about 16 hours. Any less than 8 hours and you will get diminishing returns.
Old 30-01-2011, 19:06

40 y/o Male from United Kingdom
too fool for school should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

hi to all , my cat is at the back end of a 10 year heroin habit , by back end i mean he's gone from spending 60 english pounds per day ( which by comparison to others he knows , isn't a great amount ) to 10 or 20 quid a day, anyway i digress . my cat has found himself in legitimate possession of 5mg rapid release oxycodone capsules , prob 200 mg all told . the cat is dying to shoot these but having already suffered a bad leg from a long haul flight i took him on , he is , well , wary .
could anyone please help get this annoying cat off my back and point him in the direction of the correct way to prepare oxycodone for i.v use and also the best amount to shoot , for a kitty with one hell of an opi tolerance ?
thanks all. PEACE
Old 05-02-2011, 04:13
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7

in my friends experience of shooting oxycodone, the initial "rush" isn't very rushy at all. he would get a heavy wobbly feeling in his chest and shoulders for about 3 minutes then feel high for about an hour.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:15
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from United States
drumlord420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

Swim injects anywhere between 15 and 30 mgs of Roxicodone at a time...There is a rush (actually preferred to the rush felt with 60 mgs of morphine)...Swim never shot heroin, as it is not available in his area. Swim also gets considerably more pain relief from oxy compared to morph...Swim has severe, chronic back pain (3 pinched nerves and never-ending muscle spasms) due to a bad car wreck 9 yrs ago. Swim doesn't IV for recreation, but for instant relief (although swim DOES enjoy the rush!) Better to feel good than to writhe in pain 24/7-365, right? I see no problem with Swim's self-medicating...To each his own...BE CAREFUL and USE STERILE TECHNIQUE! Hope this helps!

Share this on:

Tags
iv rush, oxycontin iv