Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 24-08-2010, 01:15

Male from United Kingdom
zalman is an unknown quantity at this point
Alprazolam and Lorazepam

So the 2 safe to mix? swim is wondering if xanax and lorazepam (Ativan)

No side questions other than SWIM has taken 2 bars of Xan and 8 beers already.

Simple question.
Old 24-08-2010, 02:01
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.
Re: Xanax & Ativan

Alprazolam (xanax) and Lorazepam (Ativan) are in the same category, benzodiazepines, so in theory there is nothing wrong with mixing them besides increase in effects such as sedation, respiratory depression, etc. Since they basically do the same thing, the only difference would be mainly the duration of action.

It really depends on the dose. Both are short-acting and are both quite potent. Swim would advise to use separately.
Old 24-08-2010, 03:01
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

40 y/o Female from Australia
ishta777 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Xanax & Ativan

Hi Zalman,
As swim understands it, lorazepam has exactly the same chemical makeup as Xanax. Lorazepam is supposedly the american equivalent . Doctor said that as a replacement for xanax, Lorazepam works exactly the same, only the measurement incriments change. So to answer question, by mixing lorazepam and xanax, all that happens is that you increase the amount of alprazolam/lorazepam swiy is taking. Hope this advice is of some help, also , swim would suggest slowing down the beers with this medication! Good Luck, Ishta
Old 24-08-2010, 06:20
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Re: Alprazolam and Lorazepam

^^^ Lorazepam is does NOT have the same "chemical makeup" as Alprazolam. They are different drugs with different structures

Lorazepam

and, attached, Alprazolam
Attached Images
File Type: png 150px-Alprazolam_svg.png (8.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Jatelka; 24-08-2010 at 08:52.
Old 25-08-2010, 03:55
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
timkanu is captain of the psychonauts.timkanu is captain of the psychonauts.timkanu is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 400, Level: 3 Points: 400, Level: 3 Points: 400, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalman View Post
So the 2 safe to mix? swim is wondering if xanax and lorazepam (Ativan)

No side questions other than SWIM has taken 2 bars of Xan and 8 beers already.

Simple question.

No it certainly is not safe to mix 4mg xanax, 8 beers, and then add lorazepam ontop. No this categoricaly is NOT SAFE.

Will it kill swiy ? perhapes, perhapes not. But its certainly not safe and swim certainly would not do it.
Old 25-08-2010, 04:41
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

40 y/o Female from Australia
ishta777 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1

My friend apologises so much for the mis-info! She was silly enough to believe someone who my friend thought knew what they were talking about!My friend would be very interested to know the facts about the different effects the drug has ( lorazepam ) and how it compares to alprazolam ( xanax ). Any Help???
Many Thanks, and again, my friend did not mean to mislead anyone..........Ishta
Old 25-08-2010, 05:08
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
timkanu is captain of the psychonauts.timkanu is captain of the psychonauts.timkanu is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 400, Level: 3 Points: 400, Level: 3 Points: 400, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Effects are very similar, lorazepam is abit better as a muscle relaxant, slightly less potent anxiolytic. The half life of the 2 drugs are similar and relitivly short compared to valium (diazepam). Lorapzepam has a slightly longer half life than Alprazolam.

They both have very similar potency, Alprazolam is abit more potent though. 0.5mg Alprazolam is close to 1mg Lorazepam.

Alprazolams rebound withdrawal is said to be alot worse than Lorazepams aswell.
Old 26-08-2010, 20:56
Palladium Member

32 y/o Female from Canada
Rainbowzz really adds to the discussion.Rainbowzz really adds to the discussion.Rainbowzz really adds to the discussion.Rainbowzz really adds to the discussion.Rainbowzz really adds to the discussion.Rainbowzz really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,633, Level: 6 Points: 1,633, Level: 6 Points: 1,633, Level: 6

Ishta your friend likely meant that they are the "same" in that it is the same classification of drug - a benzodiazepine type of sedative. In that sense they are the same, but the chemical is different.
Old 27-11-2013, 14:27

26 y/o Male from Norway
monoamine is an unknown quantity at this point

Alprazolam is not and btw clonazepam, sleeping pills for me, they wake me up like no tomorrow

i found valium+loraz (witch i tested a few days ago for first time) to be a bomb combo

and loraz is more sedating than xanax, xanax is just removig all anx,etc not feeling eny benzo #effect#

btw i was, now slight heavy user so, maby loraz woks so well for me cus its my first time tryin this, so i wonder, 1-2-3 upjohns on top of this , would be even better or ?

Share this on:

Tags
alprazolam, alprazolam combinations, alprazolam high, combining benzodiazepines, lorazepam, lorazepam combinations