Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 10-08-2010, 00:30
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
fizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way up
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Mylan: Unacceptable Clonazepam Quality

Swim does not intend to bring up the generic vs brand debate. That is not the issue here.

Swim had been getting Teva brand 0.5mg clonazepam for a few years until he moved and he had to switch to a different pharmacy. He specifically asked for the brand name Klonopin due to the fact that he had gotten his script filled at this pharmacy chain before and found that the quality was crap (it was Mylan at that time too). The lady assured him it was the brand name right at the counter while he was picking it up so Swim did not think much of it.

When he got back to his car he opened up the bag and found out he got the worthless Mylan brand! He figured he might as well try it out just in case things had changed. Wrong! This Mylan clonazepam might as well be a placebo. For the record, Swim has tried Teva, Eon, Caraco, and Roche (K-Cuts) clonazepam and found them all to be significantly better.

To those who have yet to try this brand, think twice before doing so. To those who have tried it, what do you think?
Old 10-08-2010, 04:49

24 y/o Male from United States
shittypeople is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Mylan: Unacceptable Clonazepam Quality

I can most def agree with this. After taking teva clonazepam 1mg bid, then switching to mylan I got terrible withdrawal symptoms. And then when I went to the pharmacist to request a different brand, she said that she honestly heard that the mylan brand was shit from a couple of other people too.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:23
Silver Member

Swim has used over 30 pills out of his 60 in just 8 days which definitely says something about the quality of these pills. That amounts to over 2mg per day of Mylan clonazepam (Klonopin) whereas he rarely ever needs to exceed 1mg with Teva or any other brand.

So, Swim told his doc about the poor quality and even brought in his bottle of unused pills. He just straight up said that this brand is horrible and the pharmacy really screwed him over by giving him generic when he asked for brand name.

Anyway, his doc was super cool and just wrote him another script for the brand name 30ct 1mg Klonopin (no refills) so the pharmacy couldn't screw up (damn it's expensive, but well worth it if it's the only option). The doc let him keep his unused pills (the script had more refills on it) which was kind of surprising. Not like Swim is excited since they are so horrible. So when Swim moves at the end of the month he can transfer that script to another pharmacy chain that has Teva or anything but Mylan.

He is not sure if he can mention pharmacies on here, but this one really bites. However back in his hometown the same pharmacy chain is fine, at least in terms of service and general knowledge. Go figure. The pharmacists here don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Ha, on another funny note, when Swim went to pick up his script today, they gave him 60ct 0.5mg Klonopin instead of 30ct 1mg Klonopin that his doc prescribed. Now he knows it is basically the same thing, but come on. He even had to wait a day for them to get the name brand in since they were out of stock. What can ya do?
Old 19-08-2010, 19:45
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

40 y/o Male from Albania
plopplop2000 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1

That is pretty strange, not that i doubt it concerning clonazepam, but i sometimes get Tetrazepam prescribed for my back problems (as a muscle relaxer) and my pharmacy always gives my Mylan tetrazepam 50mg lately (tetrazepam is available only in 50mg pill form) and having had all possible brands (myolastan, panos etc. ...) of that product, i'd rate the mylan tetrazepam pretty high if not highest.
It would be a good thing to let them know, not that it might change much, but you never know.

[EDIT]: then again, i just found that: http://infinonymous.blogspot.com/200...-bad-name.html
Old 05-09-2010, 14:05

29 y/o Male from USA - North Carolina
benzophile is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Listen guys, mylan is horrible. It is made in W.V. Most docs, and all pharmacists will tell you this, Stay the fuck away from CVS. I dont know if it has to do with more filler less drug, but especially alprazolam, wether it be 2mg pie bars or 1mg pie footballs, are mainly garbage and tend to make you more sleepy than anything. If swim had a dollar for everytime someone has complained he'd by this damn website out!
Old 07-09-2010, 17:03

Male from United States
Evil Weevil is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the heads up on the Mylan generic.

SWIM gets the TEVA brand now from the pharmacy. SWIM used to get the Caraco generic which SWIM liked better...it dissolved under the tongue much faster.
Old 07-09-2010, 18:23
Silver Member

43 y/o Male from Argentina
Mahavatar is captain of the psychonauts.Mahavatar is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 325, Level: 2 Points: 325, Level: 2 Points: 325, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

It is interesting to note the differences between generics and brands, SWIM has found both times where generics are MORE potent and faster acting than the original brand name, while at other times it is opposite as described in this thread. This goes for a large range of benzos which is what SWIM mainly uses. As far as clonazepam goes, his favorites are Roche's Rivotril (he believes that is what's called Klonopin in the states? ) and Clonogin (can't remember the producer but I believe it to be a local argentinian one).
Old 09-09-2010, 19:04
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2

swim uses activis and is sticking by it cause it works. hes heard only good things about it. mostly good things about teva, which he was considering getting. thank god he read this thread about mylan being shit as about half of pharmacies carry it.
activis all the way!
Old 09-09-2010, 23:29
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaoulDuke32 View Post
swim uses activis and is sticking by it cause it works. hes heard only good things about it. mostly good things about teva, which he was considering getting. thank god he read this thread about mylan being shit as about half of pharmacies carry it.
activis all the way!
Swim just got a new script for 30ct 1mg and got it filled at a small, local pharmacy. This place carries Actavis which he had not really heard much about but was willing to give it a shot. He is glad to hear that it is good stuff. He has not yet tried it though.

Swim has a little collection going on of all the different kinds of clonazepam he has had this year (in their original bottles as to not run into any legal trouble). He tries to save about 2mg per script so that he can do a comparative analysis at some point later on when he has no tolerance (which of course he will write a report about for you guys).

Right now he has brand name 0.5mg Klonopins, 0.5mg Mylans, both 0.5mg and 1mg Tevas, and 1mg Actavis'.

Next time he will try and find Caraco, Barr, Watson, Apotex, or Sandoz. He had Sandoz a long time ago and remembers them as being of solid quality, but he would like to try them again.

Has anyone come across Barr, Watson, or Apotex clonazepam? They seem to be the rare brands in terms of this benzo. Barr and Watson have never disappointed him when it came to other meds so he assumes the same would hold true for clonazepam.
Old 10-09-2010, 00:17
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

I've used several different brands of clonazepam. I don't know the company who makes them, but I've had 1 mg pills that were white, green, yellow, and blue and I could not tell the difference between any of them. That's just me though.

Edit: I was prescribed all of those, so I'm not swimming.

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 10-09-2010 at 00:18. Reason: edit
Old 10-09-2010, 01:18
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2

from all swim has heard, tevas are pretty much the standard and they are fine. hes pretty sure when he got them on the black market (shh) thats what they were. he was going to fill his script with those but like he said the activis he got were top notch. pretty sure theyre the best geneezy on the market for k pins.

fizzle- of all those the caraco is the only ones ive heard of, basically ppl mention them being about like tevas. decent and reliable. its kind of funny the collection youve got going. i guess since you got this bottle of shit mylans you're hoping to stumble onto some brand that is unusually potent? dont count on it! but good luck my friend!

all i know is that about half the pharmacies in my area carry mylan clonazapam. so beware!
Old 10-09-2010, 03:52
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaoulDuke32 View Post
all i know is that about half the pharmacies in my area carry mylan clonazapam. so beware!
Swim ALWAYS asks the pharmacist what generic brand they carry before even thinking about handing them the script, so there is no chance in hell he will ever get Mylan again. FDA approved my ass! The only thing they can be approved for is pissing you off, in which case they work wonderfully.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:37
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
sparkling_star is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1

SWIM's doctor prescribed her clonazepam and got the Mylan brand. Years ago, SWIM used to take the same medication. Before .5mg knocked her out; after 1 mg and not using this for years, SWIM is only a bit tired and somewhat relaxed. SWIM is upset that she has a month before she'll get to figure out where to find any other brand but this one.
Old 11-12-2010, 16:01
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Kalendren is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1

My dog gets Qualitest clonazepam. It works well for long term anxiety. Shit for panic attacks, though. The dog has had Mylan lorazepam, and he agrees that Mylan is awful. Its almost like taking nothing at all.
Old 12-12-2010, 17:50

23 y/o Male from United States
brandon561 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 411, Level: 3 Points: 411, Level: 3 Points: 411, Level: 3

Wow, swims really happy to see this thread swim thought he was crazy because the mylan Clonazepam he was getting wasnt giving him any effect at all. Swim has also tried tried alprazolam 2mg by Mylan which Wal-Mart sells and has found those to be horrible also. Swim had to take 8mg of the mylan to feel any desired effect and usually only take 2 to 3mg's of any other generic brand. Swim will ask his doctor next time swim sees him to ask about the quality of mylan.
Old 12-12-2010, 18:17
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

I take the 1 mg Actavis clonazepam (yellow R/34) and they work fine. I've also had the qualitist and teva 1 mgs and they worked fine. The only Mylan I've ever had were the 2 mgs and they worked just fine also. They felt like 2 mgs and I doubt it was just in my head.

Honestly, I can't tell the difference between any of the generic but I've never taken Mylan 1 mg so I can't say. I've taken plenty of mylan lorazepam and they work fine, so I don't know...

For anyone interested, here is a link to all the pics of all the different brands and strengths of clonazepam http://www.drugs.com/clonazepam-images.html

Edit, I take that back, the 2 mgs I had were sandoz, not Mylan. Maybe Mylan clonazepam is crap, I haven't had them, afaIk.

Edit 2, all of these were prescribed to me so don't give me bad rep for s/i

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 12-12-2010 at 18:20. Reason: edit, edit 2
Old 22-01-2011, 01:30

Male from Canada
chooch is an unknown quantity at this point

Swim takes mylans, with a mouthful of water swims 2mg's melt in swims mouth. Swim has been reading some dubious things about mylan and quality control. Swim might have a chat with pharmacist and see if pharmacist might be able to get another brand of generic ("brand of generic" ... that makes swim laugh ).

Swim was pondering whether binders might be a cause for poor efficacy? Swim got a "brand" that was very hard and swim had to crunch them to break them down in swims mouth.
Old 22-01-2011, 04:47
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

Buddy believes it is a "Quality Control" problem with Mylan, especially those plants located in Puerto Rico.

The FDA does not scrutize the Puerto Rico plants well enough. Recently, a GSK plant in PR was inspected. They found wrong drug amounts in medications, workers using their bare hands to get all the finished drug out of the Vat, mislabled bottles with the wrong drug in it.

Mylan Clonazepam is low grade and Buddy doesn't think binders would inhibit potency if melted or chewed in the mouth. It is important to note that there are always a few to many ways to synthesize a final product. Most active drugs are Chiral, and if the right isomers aren't isolated, Clonazepam generic may be of lower grade than Klonopin the Brand.

Buddy has always thought workers were skimming the drugs, thus making them less potent. An example is Buddy's white 30mg generic temazepam. I'm sure the brand name Restoril would be different (stronger). Maybe Buddy's just paranoid, but something is not Kosher at generic plants both in the U.S. and especially in Puerto Rico.

salgoud
Old 23-01-2011, 02:49
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Kalendren is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Kal got a refill on his clonazepam and thought he would try a different pharmacy, maybe get a better generic than Qualitest. Just his luck, it was MYLAN! The Mylan clonazepam is awful, Kal agrees for sure. He will be calling pharmacies in the future asking what generics they carry. Most usually are very accomodating when he asks. The quality of Kal's Mylan is unacceptable. He had to use his leftover Teva (which also sucks, but is better than Mylan) diazepam from a few months ago to get any anxiety relief. Mylan is almost like taking nothing. Kal doesn't know why the pharmacies are allowed to get away with selling people products that don't do anything for the condition.
Old 23-01-2011, 15:01

Male from Canada

Swim learned a new word, CHIRAL and chirality. Thanks someone who isn't Salgoud .

Swim's pet bearded lizard named pacman chomped 5mg's of mylan and pacman felt no relief. Swim has a psychological assessment tomorrow. Swim might do as a swiy suggested above and bring in the bottle and ask for a script for another "generi-brand".

Maybe Swiy's can list some "generi-brands" that have been effective? Mylan being at the bottom of everyone's list, which generi-brands would have a better efficacy?
Old 23-01-2011, 18:12
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.

Hard to say in Canada. I'm sure with the "Socialized Medicine" they have up there, a person might have to get what they are given. Best thing is to Google it, and find out what generic companies offer it in Canada. Personally, Buddy thinks Clonazepam has a slow oncome.

While Buddy was reading, he discovered that benzo's have an effectiveness 2-4 weeks. If a person has a tolerance, and has been taking benzo's for awhile, it just might be that.

Doing a little reasearch: there are several generic companies that make this:
TEVA, Apotex, Qualitest, Mylan for sure, and a few more. Buddy would change pharmacies. Here, we all know what pharmacies to go to. Collaberation. Is that a Sin?

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 23-01-2011 at 19:17.
Old 23-01-2011, 20:04

Male from Canada

Swims pet bearded lizard named pacman has been eating them for 7 years, and 2mg's for the past 3ish years. pacman has not been a very good patient either, sometimes consuming up to 10mg's a day, so tolerance is definitely an issue.

Funny side story, pacman went to vet and asked to start tapering off dirty clones because pacman was thinking they have very little effect and might actually add to pacman's depression and paradoxical agitation. Pacman's vet said they would rather put pacman on more meds rather than remove any right now. grrrrrrr.

Oh, GenPharm is one more to add to the list.

Swim will do some searches and talk to pharmacist, swim really trusts pharmacist and pharmacist does get different generibrands from time to time.

chooch added 4 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Researching manufactuarers is a pain in the ass with all the "BUY CLONEAZAPAM ONLINE" links.

Last edited by chooch; 23-01-2011 at 20:04. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-01-2011, 02:59
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo

Your right, but if you word it right and Google it, you'll hit your goal. I believe Buddy Googled, Generic Manufacturers of Clonazepam. I had to Google three times, but on the third try, I hit the site I wanted.

Easier to just call up different pharmacies and see what they stock, they will tell you. Going to the same pharmacy would mean the pharmacist would have to special order a brand he usually doesn't carry. Buddy takes Geneva Generic alprazolams, which is a subsidary of Sandoz.

salgoud
Old 14-08-2011, 02:22
Silver Member

29 y/o Female from Canada
Rin_Weh is captain of the psychonauts.Rin_Weh is captain of the psychonauts.Rin_Weh is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 456, Level: 3 Points: 456, Level: 3 Points: 456, Level: 3

Hey Guys,
Rin finally was able to get back on here after needing you guys in the past few days. It's relieving.
Anyways, Rin has been on Apo brand Clonazepam for (she could go back and look in her threads) but *maybe* a bit over a year nor or close to..regardless, she abused them at first, has posted of that.
She now has gotten good with strecthing them out until she usually goes the last week, sometimes more than a week, often now only 4 days or so without until her re-fill (4mg a day, sometimes 6).
This last wihdrawal was the worst Clonazepam withdawal she recalls having-physically.
Abusing Effexor and diphenhydramine hydrochlriride for a year straight, non-stop, could have died too many time, those were bad withdrawals, but in her recent memory, yeah, this last 4 days maybe, have been tiresome, painful, suicidal in and out (death not an option, don't worry) but yeah, just painful. The mornings were the worst because it takes so long to sleep even though you're thoroughly exhausted but your body just won't stop aching, burning hot and cold, headaches, nausea, can;t get comfortable to sleep because it even though you move, it doesn't, like arthritis pain would do..poor comparison, but..it takes hours upon waking again to recover from the night. There's more, but you guys know..
The point- I got my re-fill today and they switched me to Mylan brand.
Now, some of you claim to feel no difference and others say it puts you into withdrawal..and therein lies my fear.

I cannot judge yet, having just got them again after all this, whether the brand makes a difference or not. I had soe beer and weed to cope this morning after coffee, until I got my meds, so here is that mix, plus, I still hurt and am tired.
I cannot yet judge the brand until I have only the meds in me I guess.
Um, yeah, my fear- and my hope.. is they'll work or I'm in shit for a few more days until I can see about switching pharmacies if I have to and bring in these meds to see about getting the other brand, IF they don't work. Usually I can feel the effects when I get them again fairly soon, but is it the pills that aren't as good or is it that my body is still....
Ri knows better, and realized she just wrote a bunch of I's and you's and am willing to take a negative rep fo that because she's too ____ to fix it all, not out of disrepect to the rules, she knows...she just really, really doesn't feel up to editing all that. Or at least give her a day or two.

She opened her bag and saw the Mylan name and was just thinking, "fuck". She's already heard a bit about the differncs and *at this time* really does not need to go into more withdrawal especially WHILE taking the drugs. It's one thing to not hve them and to go through it , but to have all you have, and need them, and are all ready in withdrawal..
I guess no one can answer what will happen, she just needed to express this fear to people who would understand because it's been *hard* not to talk about it much, even though she has let it out a bit elsewhere, it's not the same as being here.
So, she supposes either the brand is crap or she'd be feeling *more of a calm* than she does right now, because she's been through the days without before and getting her regular Apo brand will set her straight again quickly..but she still hurts.
This hurt could also be attributed to being on it for longer, so every wthdrawal will be harder, ad take a bit longer to feel okay from. It's up in the air right now.
She's trying to not let this brand swtch upset her mentally because if it doesn;t get better, she has options, but after this couple days you know..you just want to receive the familiar medication that you know will bring you back up and the anticipation of getting it again, after this, and then finding a change, was frankly, yeah, a piss off. You just want things back to normal, but..
So, Rin will gve it a day or two (even hough she's never, ever had to wait for Clonazepam to make it all better quickly, but again, is it the brand, or is it that this benzo withdrawal just took it's toll a little harder and therefore will take a little more to recover from.
Again, bad enough to not have them and hurt, than to have them again and it isn't working quickly to make it all better like it usually does.
Rin just needed to babble and thanks.
No answers to offer for this thread. Apo-Clonazepam is the only brand I've known and it's always worked.
I took my first dose of Mylan-Clonazepam a few hours ago now, 6mg to make up for the last few days, and I still feel pain.
I'm doing better/in and out...but this morning I was beginning to lose it mentally finally without them, just all over rage in the house. Back and forth to bed because one tires easily, but bed hurts.
I'm repeating.
Yeah, Im' more calm mentally now, but I became so with the bit of weed and a beer earlier today before re-fill.
Phsycially, I am doing better, but it's not happening as quickly.
Point" will it be the brand that is the issue or the fact Rin's withdrawals get worse the longer she's on them so, its just shit luck she received a new brand while coming in/out of a painful withdrawl and that's why it's not working as quick- the brand is worse or the withdrawal was worse.
It'd be nice to have her regular type so she could gauge how badly her body is addicted to these pills. Something familiar. If she had her regular, and took them and by this time still felt this way, she would know it was her.
Mind you, she feels better than she did yesterday.
Stop typing. Not really in focus. She guesses she'll let you know whn the pain is gone, and she's taking this type, how it works compared to her regular brand. Otherwise, there are too many variables to know which is which.

The pharmacists would know these things, one would think, and has a record of how long one has been on X drug, so , and yeah, emotions ae coing out right now, why would they (not their fault I guess if the entire company switches brand companies fo certain drugs) but...wouldn't they know that it hurts...

Last edited by Rin_Weh; 14-08-2011 at 02:35.
Old 15-08-2011, 16:22
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from USA - Minnesota
Emin is captain of the psychonauts.Emin is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2 Points: 299, Level: 2
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Hmm, I got Mylan 1mg Klons this time and my script has seemed to go by faster. I guess I didn't think of this. But they do seem to taste exactly the same.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, alcohol, alprazolam, alprazolam high, amitriptyline, anxiety, anxiolytic, benzo, benzodiazepine, beta blocker, clonazepam, drug, etizolam, generic medication differences, generics v brand, hypnotic, klonopin, muscle relaxant, panic attack, pharmaceuticals, pharmacies, phenazepam, propranolol, sedative, thienodiazepine, withdrawal, ziprasidone

» New Threads
Prescribed Klonopin 1mg 3x a...
Last post by alienhunter
2 Replies, 65 Views
10 days baby!!
Last post by Dawn Godess
7 Replies, 137 Views
Kanna and list of herbs..
Last post by Castillo1
15 Replies, 352 Views
Is LSD worth it?
Last post by Beta