Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > General Addiction discussion
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

General Addiction discussion General Addiction discussion

Old 10-07-2010, 22:53

30 y/o Male
kyletilley is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Naltrexone Implant?

Anyone know a doctor in OHIO that does the implant I cant remember the exact name of it but Its an Implant that makes you not crave drugs.. I need names and numbers of Doctors or Clinics that do implants.. I would prefer they take medicare or medicaide but I need info please thanks
Old 10-07-2010, 23:14
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: Pill Implant

Hmm, for starters you should read the forum rules and post this is the correct section.

I believe you're talking about a naloxone (naltrexone?) implant that is given to opiate addicts so that if they do use, they won't feel the effects. Kinda like antabuse for alcoholics but without the getting violently sick part. This does nothing to stop cravings for drugs. There is no magic pill or implant or shot or anything that cures drug cravings. If there was, every recovering addict in the world would have it.

You should probably do an internet search to see if there is a doctor in your state that does this. Also speak with a case worker at your methadone clinic (if you go to one) or someone at a local detox/rehab. They may be able to point you in the right direction.
Old 18-07-2010, 21:00
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male from Earth
dopemaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Pill Implant

I think you would be talking about the naltrexone implant, an implant only available (as far as i know) in Perth, Western Australia. The treatment clinic that I know of provides this service is Dr. George O'Neil's "Fresh Start" Recovery Program, it is located in Subiaco 5 minutes from Perth.

I myself have received naltrexone implants a couple of times (they don't last for ever) for severe drinking problems I had and they dramatically helped me with that aspect of my addiction. Now I have my drinking under control and basically the implants completely stop your brain receiving the reward feeling you get from drinking which makes the experience less enjoyable (even the taste isn't the same anymore) and this eventually decreases your desire to drink excessively, if not at all.

The naltrexone implant is mainly used for addiction to opiates though and has helped many people with all sorts of opioid addictions all across Australia and some people from other places in the world. The implant works on opioid addiction by basically blocking the opioid receptors in the brain. I know of many people who state that Dr. George O'Neil's naltrexone implant has given them control of there life back, brought there lives to a level of sobriety that they and their family's never thought possible and also people that credit him with saving there lives.

More information can be found by doing a search for "fresh start" in any major search engine. I strongly support the fresh start recovery program and believe that the Australian government should provide more support to Dr. O'Neil and his program instead of wasting so many of their resources arresting anyone who engages in drug related activity. The drug trade will never be stopped and governments world wide need to accept this fact and focus on education, abuse prevention and harm reduction. I hope someone out there found this post helpful in some way and encourage people who need help with their addiction to consider this service if possible for them.

Share this on:

Tags
cravings, drug, drug cravings, drug use, drugs, naloxone, naltrexone, naltrexone implant, naltrexone implants, ohio