Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 23-07-2010, 13:36
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Opioids and Severe Toothache

My fiend is suffering from probably the worst toothache he has ever had and although all toothache seems like the worst at the time he can safely say this is THEE worst, his eyes water with the pain. Luckily the really really bad pain is intermittent but when it comes it sends him to the floor in agony.

Yesterday he injected a bag of relatively good heroin, in fact it was some of the best quality he has had in a while. Despite this it offered no relief for the toothache, he used it in the middle of one of these waves of incapacitating pain and it did nothing. He was actually quite surprised at this despite his huge tolerance because this was after all a recreational IV dose of diamorphine, 2 doses within an hour of each other actually, probably close to half a gram. It had good effects too which verged on inducing a nod which very rarely happens to him unless he has some benzo's too. Despite this it made no noticeable impact of the pain.

What the fuck is it with toothache that seems to spread, it started on the lower back teeth and now it's entirely focused on the first pre molar at the top and this is just unbearable.

Anyway, he is wondering if anyone finds opioids effective against toothache (or ineffective as the case may be). He has read many posts where people have been given vicodin and even percocet from the dentist but he is thinking this is post op pain of the soft tissues and not direct nerve pain which is what this toothache is. So what do we think about the effectiveness of opioids against toothache?

Oh, i have a dental appointment on Monday.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:42
Silver Member

Male
Tunnelfission1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Opioids and Severe Toothache

People find opiates specifically bipass helping tooth pain, this might sound a bit light, but try some ibuprofen or naproxen (aleve) specifically, it works well for that kind of pain specifically
Old 02-08-2010, 04:50
Palladium Member

Male from Japan
Spucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline MedlineSpucky must mainline Medline
Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9 Points: 4,534, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
AW: Opioids and Severe Toothache

Many People, like Swim, think that Opioids and Toothache are not working,
Ibuprofen have a bigger impact and help much more!
(tunnelfission was quicker!)

Swim looked for many times to read why Opioids are not working,
but until now Swim have no scientific explanation why it is like so!
Old 14-08-2010, 19:04
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

The only opioid that ever seems to work on toothache pain for Girlie is oxycodone, along with some ibuprofen.

She was on high doses of methadone & hydromorphone for a chronic pain issue, and extra methadone & hydromorphone didn't touch the pain, nor did heroin. 2 oxycodone 5mg tablets & 600mg ibuprofen did the trick, though. Even though she didn't feel any kind of recreational high off such a small dose, it worked on the pain.

Years later, she says ibuprofen seems to work the best, tho. Go figure, eh?

~Kailey
Old 14-08-2010, 19:27
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

40 y/o Male from Albania
plopplop2000 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1

I usually get pretty good results with tramadol, although i have to go the same way as many other users here: Ibuprofen works well, and a combination of tramadol and Ibuprofen works great (for me at least) - my dentist prescribed the following last time i had a severe pain: Ibuprofen 600mg (granulates - dissolved in A LOT of water) 4xDay (every six hours, that's the max prescribable dosage i think) + tramadol (extented release) 100mg 3xDay . Please note that above 1600mg/day, ibuprofen has strong anti-inflamatory propperties, which is part of what makes it so efficient on tooth pain, but should be combined with Omeprazol or Esomeprazol (40mg 1xDay) in order to keep it from digging holes in your stomach.

As i said, the combination worked wonders for me, but even that can only get the pain down a bit when you really have a severe tooth problem, and your friend should go to a dentist ASAP.
Old 21-08-2010, 00:30
Silver Member

Male from United States
goldenyears is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1

Depending on what causes the toothache, oil of cloves works wonders if it is an exposed nerve. The Nazi's used this in their torture routines. They would drill into a good nerve exposing the root. In order to bring the tortured person back around they would use oil of cloves. Once the tortured person knew it would stop the pain it was used to tease the person into talking.

A patient needs to ask the pharmacist as they keep it behind the counter. It comes in a very small bottle. A Q-tip can be used as an applicator. It's a good idea to keep some on hand as it seems most toothache start during the night.
Old 23-06-2011, 12:51
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

I was looking through my old posts and i know it's old but i wanted to add that i find tramadol is effective against toothache. I only mention thi sbecause plopplop2000 mentioned it in his/her reply. It seems to me it's the ONLY opioid that i found effective for toothache.

It's strange that it does help since it's barely even an opioid and while it does bind to the µ-opioid receptor it is a very weak analgesic, well at least in comparison to other opioids.
Old 26-07-2011, 23:03

Male from New Zealand
Zendo needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Hello all,
i just wanted to say that opiates create Dry mouth syndrome wich can cause so many problems with the teeth, there are products one can buy for dry mouth to protect the teeth while on opiates,
Opiates use to Give me toothaches so i would use lozenges with antiseptic to numb the area wich usually worked, also the dry mouth gel works pretty well for me also,

Saliva is great at protecting teeth and opiates keep saliva away sadly,
just wanted to add my 2 cents
Old 27-07-2011, 02:17
Banned

Male from United States
BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.
Points: 2,629, Level: 7 Points: 2,629, Level: 7 Points: 2,629, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

My dentist alway gives me Hydrocodone, Vicodin

Share this on:

Tags
advil, dilaudid, drug, drugs, heroin, heroin help, hydromorphone, injection, methadone, morphine, morphine help, opiate, opiate tolerance, opiates, opioids, oxycodone, pain management, pain relief

» New Threads
Dexedrine, anti-anxiety and...
Last post by Giapsufsu
2 Replies, 108 Views
Do you think I'm going to have a...
Last post by Giapsufsu
1 Replies, 69 Views
Havent slept in 50 or so hours,...
Last post by Giapsufsu
1 Replies, 33 Views
FAB-144/ FAB144 Drug Info
Last post by Soulfake