Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 20-07-2010, 21:48
Silver Member

Male from United States
TheSweetPea is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 279, Level: 2 Points: 279, Level: 2 Points: 279, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Kratom does indeed work with suboxone

SWIM used a search and couldn't find a thread relating to this, other than someone asking if you can take kratom to get through the 24 hour period before suboxone is taken.

Anyways SWIM took 2mg of suboxone this morning, then around 3 pm he ate ~10g of premium bali and to his surprise he felt the effects.

They did seem rather "foggy" but undeniably present.

This probably won't interest anyone, but hopefully it helps someone using the search function in the future.

He will report in a few hours how kratom then suboxone works out.

Post Quality Evaluations:
8+ Always glad when people share information like this, lots of people think about it but forget to ask! Thanks! Looking forward to update.
Old 22-07-2010, 02:20
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from USA - Tennessee
Ilsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Kratom does indeed work with suboxone

please do report on this... cat has read reports of mytraginine binding opioid receptors as tightly as buprenorphine, and perhaps even more so. this could be an interesting case study--please include weight, height and some background regarding tolerance along with the dosage in swiy's next update!
Old 26-07-2010, 03:21
Silver Member

Male from United States
TheSweetPea is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 279, Level: 2 Points: 279, Level: 2 Points: 279, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

SWIM is 6'2" about 205lb. SWIM has used opiates for over 6 years, kratom for no more than a year, and suboxone for over 2 years. His tolerance is relatively high for kratom and opiates compared to most. He never got the chance to try kratom then suboxone because he vomitted the ~20g of kratom, which is a first. He thinks it's due to him smoking a cigarette after consuming the kratom. KRATOM AND CIGARETTE DO NOT MIX.

He is taking off a week or two from kratom (couple more days left) to decrease his tolerance then will try the kratom then suboxone combo.

Glad to have contributed positively to the board.

Last edited by TheSweetPea; 26-07-2010 at 03:28.
Old 26-07-2010, 09:49

Female from USA - Tennessee
Ilsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9

thanks for the update, just have swiy keep the dosages low initially, in case there is some sort of additive effect, and work up--one can't "untake" a dose!
Old 26-12-2013, 18:13
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United States
RedMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

I don't mean to bring up this old thread back from the grave but for the sake of searchers I would like to add that kratom did not work for me on suboxone. I was on methadone for over 4yrs, was finally able to get off clean with almost zero WD using lopes and kratom after I brought my dose down to 20mg. Was clean for a while than ended up relapsing about 2 months later. After abusing my body and soul for about a month I decided Iwwouldget on suboxone and try to get clean again. yesterday was my first day off all opiates and took no more than 8mg total including today. I feel weak, depressed, can't eat nothing although I am WD free so I wanted to see if kratom I had left over would help me feel "normal" again so Idecided to take about 9g of maeng DA about an hour ago and it did nothing. It actually made me feel a little worst. Started getting a little burning sensation in my head. The point of this post Is that if you are on suboxone just stay on suboxone and nothing else. It definitely did not work for me but I should have known better. Well..this experiment failed for me.
Old 26-12-2013, 18:53

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,227, Level: 20 Points: 19,227, Level: 20 Points: 19,227, Level: 20
Activity: 57.0% Activity: 57.0% Activity: 57.0%

Red Monkey: Kratom, like most raw plant products varies quite a bit batch to batch, vendor to vendor. You should read the "How to Buy Kratom" guide and consider trying different sources. Especially if you got your kratom from a head shop. Did someone without ant tolerance test it?
Old 26-12-2013, 19:09
Silver Member

Potter, I was only trying to say that kratom did not work "for me" while on suboxone as original poster said it has for him. I've been using kratom to get off 4yrs old methadone journey so I did do a bit of research as far as where to source and what strain work for me. So that's not the problem. Just wanted to see if kratom would make me feel better while on suboxone as op put it but kratom and suboxone does not mix. It actually made me feel sick.
Old 26-12-2013, 19:21

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,227, Level: 20 Points: 19,227, Level: 20 Points: 19,227, Level: 20
Activity: 57.0% Activity: 57.0% Activity: 57.0%

Just asking for clarification. I am sure you can understand the lack of value in reports involving poor quality products. Since there is a lot of poor quality kratom, we often check when people give negative reports.
Old 27-12-2013, 01:08
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,740, Level: 21 Points: 21,740, Level: 21 Points: 21,740, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Can i ask why you chose Maeng Da and if you went to a reputable vendor?
You dont have to name the vendor, just if they were recommended by someone who knows they are good as opposed to their own reviews.
Old 28-12-2013, 14:46
Silver Member

I went with a strain called red vein maeng DA. I tried many other which include Thai to green to plain ol Bali and maeng DA is the only strain that gave me the strongest effect I was looking for. Warm and sedation. The vendor is very reputable with their own rating and review system in place. It worked wonders before suboxone got in my system as long as I respected.
Old 28-12-2013, 14:48

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMonkey View Post
The vendor is very reputable with their own rating and review system in place..
I am glad you found something that works but keep in mind that a vendor can post any rating they want on their own site, they can just make up anything.
Try to find an independent source for reviews.
Old 28-12-2013, 15:00
Silver Member

I do get a little sketched when I start seeing reviews since I'm sure the vendor can control those reviews a 100% but this place is very legit. I tried many other places and their red vein maeng DA is the best hands down. Tad more expensive but quality is always great.

What is your favorite strain BTW Ian?
Old 28-12-2013, 15:13

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Green Malay.
As strong as Maeng Da, lasts longer and costs less.
It a great all around strain.
Old 29-12-2013, 04:35
Silver Member

51 y/o Male from United States
Jizzmasterzero is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

I second the vote for Green Malay, my favorite too.
Old 29-12-2013, 22:12
Silver Member

You guys don't think green Malay is too stimulating? I tried it and I felt so speedy. It is indeed a strong very stimulating strain. I might have to retry it one day.
Old 30-12-2013, 04:06

25 y/o Male from United States
SUBsequent01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Yes I would have to agree ive taken up to 8mg of suboxone and as soon as the strip was disolved ingested 10 grams of kratom and felt the effects just the same as if i had not even taken the suboxone!! it works everytime for me atleast

SUBsequent01 added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

on the same hand im also one of those wierd ones who actually gets a quite enjoyable buzz off of my suboxone so idk

Last edited by SUBsequent01; 30-12-2013 at 04:06. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-12-2013, 04:22
Silver Member

51 y/o Male from United States
Jizzmasterzero is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Quote:
You guys don't think green Malay is too stimulating? I tried it and I felt so speedy. It is indeed a strong very stimulating strain. I might have to retry it one day.

It is very speedy, that is why I like it. It keeps me awake and focused when working night shifts.
Old 30-12-2013, 14:26

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Quote:
I would not take more than 4 grams, but i prefer to mix it with red veined bali.
Old 30-12-2013, 19:40
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBsequent01 View Post
Yes I would have to agree ive taken up to 8mg of suboxone and as soon as the strip was disolved ingested 10 grams of kratom and felt the effects just the same as if i had not even taken the suboxone!! it works everytime for me atleast

SUBsequent01 added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

on the same hand im also one of those wierd ones who actually gets a quite enjoyable buzz off of my suboxone so idk
I wish I could get the same effect. I've been doing a quick detox with subs( for heroin, oxy). Started with 16mg on Christmas and now I'm down to about 2-3mg per day and I still can't feel any kratom. I still have a good amount of supply left from when I was using kratom coming off methadone WD(Bali, red Thai). Not my favorite strains but I certainly did feel them at the time when I was using it but it just doesn't work with me with subs. How long have you been on subs?

I might try again in a day or two. If I can feel kratom again than that would be great so I can let go of the subs. Don't want to use them longer than a week. I been on methadone maintenance for over 4yrs and I definitely don't want that type of long term dependency ever again.

Quick detox than taper and letting it go is the key for me.

Share this on:

Tags
bali, bali kratom, kratom, kratom and suboxone, suboxone, suboxone and kratom, suboxone effects, tennessee