Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing discussion
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing discussion What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 20-07-2010, 16:29

Female
CAnurse07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Klonopin Help

SWIM took a half of a 0.5 mg Klonopin yesterday evening. No other drug use. What are the chance of it showing up in a 10 panel urine drug screen tomorrow?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Use the forum search engine. There are threads that deal with drug testing questions.
Old 20-07-2010, 17:53
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10
Re: Klonopin Help

Clonazepam (the active ingredient in Klonopin) is not usually tested for. In addition, given the low dose and 2-3 days before the test, I think it's unlikely to show up.

For more detailed information on drug testing please see this sticky: Drug Testing - A Comprehensive Guide
Relevant questions regarding drug testing may be posted there.

For redrecting to evidence.
Old 20-07-2010, 17:59

Male from United States
9898cv is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1

I have a friend who has Tourettes Syndrome and takes clonopin,evrery day, 2 mg....took a drug test for home depot and passed.
Old 20-07-2010, 23:15

Female

Even if it's a 10-panel test?
Old 21-07-2010, 04:17

Male from United States
9898cv is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1

I dont know what a 10 panel test is, but clonopin,while a controlled substance, is an anticonvulsant....it isnt up there with medicines that are abused....u may want to search this site or google to see what they test for.
Old 21-07-2010, 07:20

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9898cv View Post
I dont know what a 10 panel test is, but clonopin,while a controlled substance, is an anticonvulsant....it isnt up there with medicines that are abused....u may want to search this site or google to see what they test for.
Klonopin is a benzodiazepine which is one of the classes of drugs tested for on a 10-panel drug screen.
Old 21-07-2010, 14:54

42 y/o Male from United States
vyvanse50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

If you have a script for it then its not a problem. Just tell your Dr. that the economy and being unemployed is really stressing you out or something. I don't know if I can say this on here but tell the Dr that xanax wears off too soon, and tell him Klonopins last longer in your system. (They do)
Old 21-07-2010, 16:16
Gold Member

Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline

CAnurse7, it's possible clonazepam is an analyte in the test, but it's unlikely. Clonazepam is usually only in more comprehensive drug tests with 16 drug classes or more that are always confirmed on positives. Most likely, the 10-panel drug test in discussion here is a simple urinanalysis immunoassay panel which does NOT typically include clonazepam as an analyte.

Regardless, as I mentioned in my first post the dose and the time between dosing and testing is such that even if clonazepam is tested for, it may not even show up.

If it does show up as a positive, contesting the result and being sure it is sent for confirmation will likely result in the determination of a false positive. Clonazepam does not have many typical metabolites of benzodiazepines (as opposed to alprazolam/diazepam/oxazepam). Confirming benzodiazepines is no easy task especially when it's a less common benzodiazepine such as clonazepam.

Please let us know the results of this.

Last edited by Jasim; 28-07-2010 at 15:46. Reason: typo
Old 21-07-2010, 16:51

32 y/o Male from United States
fentanylrehab should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

I have taken hundreds of drug tests over the years(failing most of them).And for some reason klonopin ALMOST never makes me fail even when i take it the day before the test.I dont know why but its happened at least 10 times.But it has made me fail for too(for benzos).
I would bet most of my money youll pass,but no guarantee.
Old 21-07-2010, 17:13

Female

Thanks everyone for your input. SWIM's been really stressed out over this. Going in this afternoon and will let SWIY know how it all turns out.
Old 21-07-2010, 18:05
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Canada
UpperAndDowner is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAnurse07 View Post
Even if it's a 10-panel test?
In Canada it's actually very differant. There are 4 differant Urine analyssis tests... and this info is 100% accurate, I got a faily meber that works with the results....

There is a:

Express Urine Drug Testing
The first is a 5-panel express test. This tests for the following drugs: Amphetamines (including methanphetamines), Cannabinoids (Marijuana), Cocaine, Opiates (Codeine, Morphine, Heroin, Vicodin) and Phencyclidine (PCP). The results of an express drug test are instant. It is also important to note that the results of an express test are qualitative, meaning that the results are either a pass or fail, the level of drug in the body is not determined.

Lab Based Urine Drug TestingThe second option is to do a lab based urine drug test. This can be done in addition to the express test, or on its own. This type of testing provides a quantitative result, meaning that the levels of drugs in the body can be determined.
When a urine drug test is being sent to the lab, the standard practice is to do a 5-panel screen, but there is an option to do a 6-panel, 10-panel or even 12-panel drug screen. The 6-panel screen separately tests for Amphetamine and Methamphetamine. That is the only difference from the 5-panel test. The 10-panel screen tests for the following drugs: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamine, Methamphetamine, Phencyclidine, Benzodiazepines, Tricyclic Antidepressants, Methadone, Opiate, and Barbiturates. Lab results are generally available within 2-5 business days.

That information is 100% accurate at least in Canada. Which is normally very similar, if not identical to the U.S and even some UK drug tests.

Hope that helps answer your question.
OH an also, 100% benzos will show on a 10 panel test... I have already had one done lol. and SWIM was on a short acting and fast half-life elimination benzo at the time such as Lorazepam.

Thus, for Clonazepam... well u did it last evening... so ya, sry mate but your 50/50 here... lol
if it was the qualitative test, you might pass, but the 10 panel test, actually obtains quantity and .5 mg klonopin = 10 mg diazepam easily.
Old 21-07-2010, 19:00
Gold Member

UpperAndDowner,

Firstly can you provide a source for this information? I need more info for the Drug Testing Sticky.

Also, I notice that you don't cite which specific analytes are included in those drug classes. What makes you think clonazepam is included in the benzodiazepine test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperAndDowner View Post
and .5 mg klonopin = 10 mg diazepam easily.
I have no idea to what you are referring to. Clonazepam is a completely different drug than diazepam, they don't share any metabolites. Clonazepam is more potent so your doses are reasonable, but that really has no bearing on drug testing.

Also, to clarify the OP is in the United States, correct?
Old 21-07-2010, 19:01

Female

Well, SWIM only took 0.25 mg Monday evening, so here's hoping everything will work out.
Old 21-07-2010, 19:41
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasim View Post
UpperAndDowner,

Firstly can you provide a source for this information? I need more info for the Drug Testing Sticky.

Also, I notice that you don't cite which specific analytes are included in those drug classes. What makes you think clonazepam is included in the benzodiazepine test?

I have no idea to what you are referring to. Clonazepam is a completely different drug than diazepam, they don't share any metabolites. Clonazepam is more potent so your doses are reasonable, but that really has no bearing on drug testing.

Also, to clarify the OP is in the United States, correct?
Here's my source. It is the same company my brother's wife works at here in Canada; they have many diffarant offices here _______ (don't wanted to self-incriminate, so edited. sorry). She in fact emailed me the site where she obtained that information. I took it exactly from the site and SWIM has had previous drug screening both 10 panel and 5 panel. SWIM is a 100% sure it is accurate, but feel free to go over it yourself. I have PMed you the direct link.

Also, as your previous statement: "Also, I notice that you don't cite which specific analytes are included in those drug classes. What makes you think clonazepam is included in the benzodiazepine test?"

You have got to be kidding me. Clonazepam is most likely definitely tested for since the potential for abuse here in Canada has got to be much higher than any other benzo. It is easily obtainable here in Canada... So ask yourself this... Why would a drug test that tests for benzos in the first place neglect to test for one of the most potent benzos known to date? (asides from the obvious Xanax, Flunitrazepam (which is practically banned in almost most countries, I think we all know why...), Triazolam (prescribed only if patient who has history of eplipsy and seizures). And lastly, SWIM have also tested positive for this particular benzo ONLY on 2 different drug tests, a 5 panel and a 12 panel.

and as for this statement: "Clonazepam is a completely different drug than diazepam, they don't share any metabolites. Clonazepam is more potent so your doses are reasonable, but that really has no bearing on drug testing."

Your absolutely right about the metabolites, I was mistakingly confusing what I had read earlier. Some reason I was thinking about chlorodiazepoxide when I wrote that since I just recently came off of that...was naturally thinking about that... but you are right I actually throughly researched the metabolites of clonazepam... and you are right. Feel free to read the links I PMed you.

However, from experience tho, back when SWIM was on clonazepam and was tested, He took 2 mg tablet and was tested 2 days after and there was still a faint line on the drug screening test. The thinner and less visible the line on the test strip indicates that it was used later than as opposed to earlier to the drug testing date. The elimination half-life states 18-50 hours, but that's honestly dependable on many factors... like the persons age, gender, metabolism, and so on. That's why I wrote 50/50 chance that they might find it.
but Lets hope not :P

And as for this comment: Also, to clarify the OP is in the United States, correct? I don't understand what the OP means here (sorry if I sound like a newbie... lol) and SWIM just gave information on how drugs are tested here in Canada. And that is 100% how they are tested for and what kinds of drugs are tested for. In the states, they might have a few adjustments to it... SWIM cannot comment on their way of doing things accross the boarder 100%... but SWIM def know it is true for the main part of their policy as well. (at least SWIM is relying on my brother's wife when she says this... psttt, she's a lab rat lol :P)

Last edited by UpperAndDowner; 21-07-2010 at 20:05. Reason: Self-incrimination. Sorry I edited.
Old 21-07-2010, 20:33

Female

SWIM had nearly clear urine. Guess too much water. Now SWIM will probably have to retest, but it should definitely be out of the system by then.
Old 21-07-2010, 20:39
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAnurse07 View Post
SWIM had nearly clear urine. Guess too much water. Now SWIM will probably have to retest, but it should definitely be out of the system by then.

Hahaha, don't you just love that? I am actually very happy for SWIM! It happened to SWIM once when he was on methadone and the one week that he had to do a urine test, it barely showed on the strip... I think it has a lot to do with the elimination half-life. Like xanax is outa ur system the same freaking day lol...

ALL ABOUT THE HALF-LIFE ... PERIOD. Initially you would WANT the substance to leave the body faster, right? So... maybe stick to some xanax and u'll be MOST-LIKLEY clear on a drug test , just don't abuse em

Accumulation = Not soo good for drug tests,
i.e: Diazepam, chlorodiazepoxide, and Clorazepate Dipotassium, Flurazepam and the newest (SWIM has not tried this 1... interesting..):Quazepam. (bet there are tons more, but SWIM hasn't come across any in CA).

Last edited by UpperAndDowner; 21-07-2010 at 21:13. Reason: Half-life explanation ... not needed really but kinda to inform.
Old 23-07-2010, 06:34

Female

Retesting tomorrow. Hoping the two extra days will help!
Old 28-07-2010, 05:23

Female

Drug screen was negative. Thanks everyone for your help on this!

Thank you for the followup. Often this is overlooked by members.
Old 20-09-2011, 23:22
Banned

34 y/o Male from United States
FloridaDeathTrip needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Need some help guys..Trip took about 25-30 mg's of clonazepam and has a random dipstick probation test in 20 days.

A couple of questions..

Is there anything trip can drink or do to speed up the process of getting his urine clean in the next 20 days???Massive water flushes and cranberry juice??

And if trip was to test himself @ the 14 and 15 day mark with a dipstick benzo test and it tests negative for benzos is it safe to assume trip is clean???

I do apologize for the questions and I understand that it's a crap shoot just really freaked out about losing my freedom ...I'ma drug addict ...

Any sugestions please and thanks..
Old 21-09-2011, 00:18
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDeathTrip View Post
Need some help guys..Trip took about 25-30 mg's of clonazepam and has a random dipstick probation test in 20 days.

A couple of questions..

Is there anything trip can drink or do to speed up the process of getting his urine clean in the next 20 days???Massive water flushes and cranberry juice??

And if trip was to test himself @ the 14 and 15 day mark with a dipstick benzo test and it tests negative for benzos is it safe to assume trip is clean???

I do apologize for the questions and I understand that it's a crap shoot just really freaked out about losing my freedom ...I'ma drug addict ...

Any sugestions please and thanks..
Wow, wow wow! Back that train for a sec here. Did I hear SWIY write 30 mgs of clonazepam? Hooollllly! I don't know what SWIY's tolerance is.. but 30 mgs... ummm, you sure? SWIM has taken upwards of up to 12 mgs at A time at times with heavy heavy tolerance but even then...

Anyhow, lets do the math as when it would be out of SWIY'S system, shall we?

But just wanted to let SWIY know that clearance rate of benzos and plasma blood concentrations vary a lot between person-to-person. So with that said this is the way I would try to see when it'll be out:

Clonazepam = 18-50 half-life. From SWIM's experience, he would always tend to notice of inter-dose withdrawals appear after about 22-26 hours for him.
I don't know SWIY's age, physical shape and exercise (Daily? weekly? and what kind?), diet, other medications, ...etc. Hence, why I said it really depends on many factors and from person-to-person.

However, lets just say for this scenario that it takes 24 hours for a 2 mg dose to reach its half-life for SWIY. So, it 1 day; half of the original dose is gone. That's given (again, assumption...) you don't have any renal and hepatic deficiencies... (again, I am assessing SWIY's situation from SWIM's experience!).

SO, SWIY took 30 mg (again, maybe you meant to write he took 3 or even 13 gs?) but anyhow,... lets go with what you wrote and say the he took 30mg.

30 divided by half is 15 (24 hours later after 30 mg administration, the half-life dose is now 15mg...), then another 24 hours its 7.5mg, then 3.75mg, then 1.875mg, then 0.94mg and then after 0.47mg, than the metabolites become to small and negligible in the blood that IT WONT show on a standard urine panel test.
SWIM knows this to be true since he had to do urine samples every week for 8 months when he went on methadone a while back.

So, ASSUMING SWIY is in great shape; excercises and drinks a lot of water. Also assuming because of these factors the elimination the half-life for SWIY is 24 hours.
It is relatively safe to say it will be out of SWIY's system in: 6 to 10 days. 10 being the safe bracket here!

Wish that gives you an idea on how to figure out when it will be out of SWIY's system.

Last edited by UpperAndDowner; 21-09-2011 at 00:27. Reason: Few technical errors about half-life.
Old 21-09-2011, 04:06
Banned

FloridaDeathTrip needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Thank you so much my friend..Yes I took anywhere from 50-55 .5 mg clonazepam over the course of 2 days and have a drug test comming up (20 days after last use)

I was wondering if the elimination rate from your body was dose dependent or not...I had no other recent prior use of benzo's..Just a 2 day binge...

And may I ask your opinion about drug testing myself at the 14 and 15 day marks to gauge myself? I mean would it be somewhat accurate if I tested the morning pee and it was negative that swim would be in the clear????

Any suggestions about speeding the elimination process up if there is any????

Any and all info and suggestions are greatly apreciated..

FloridaDeathTrip added 15 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

And thanks alot man by the way.I know alot of difrent things factor into the elimination of benzos from person to person..

A couple of bad things I got going for myself is 1 I don't get much excersize unless you consider cleaning your house and cooking dinner..I got some extra weight more than usual but not a slob..
2 I was in complete renal failure a year and a half ago from taking 16 or 17 morphine 30's(accident )(Rabdo) and was on dialysis for a month but,sense then I have stopped taking my bloodpressure meds and such cause they are no longer needed..My kidney doc said that it is possible that my kiddneys were healling.

For the most part the information all over the web about detection times for benzos is so vastly difrent.The consensus is that it's 1-2 weeks ,2 being for prolong use(of klonopin that is)

I'm loosing alot of sleep over this slip up..I got a 3 year old girl that would be crushed if her dad went away to the slammer...

Last edited by FloridaDeathTrip; 21-09-2011 at 04:06. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-09-2011, 10:56
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Thank you so much my friend..Yes I took anywhere from 50-55 .5 mg clonazepam over the course of 2 days and have a drug test comming up (20 days after last use)

I was wondering if the elimination rate from your body was dose dependent or not...I had no other recent prior use of benzo's..Just a 2 day binge...

And may I ask your opinion about drug testing myself at the 14 and 15 day marks to gauge myself? I mean would it be somewhat accurate if I tested the morning pee and it was negative that swim would be in the clear????

Any suggestions about speeding the elimination process up if there is any????

Any and all info and suggestions are greatly apreciated..

FloridaDeathTrip added 15 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

And thanks alot man by the way.I know alot of difrent things factor into the elimination of benzos from person to person..

A couple of bad things I got going for myself is 1 I don't get much excersize unless you consider cleaning your house and cooking dinner..I got some extra weight more than usual but not a slob..
2 I was in complete renal failure a year and a half ago from taking 16 or 17 morphine 30's(accident )(Rabdo) and was on dialysis for a month but,sense then I have stopped taking my bloodpressure meds and such cause they are no longer needed..My kidney doc said that it is possible that my kiddneys were healling.

For the most part the information all over the web about detection times for benzos is so vastly difrent.The consensus is that it's 1-2 weeks ,2 being for prolong use(of klonopin that is)

I'm loosing alot of sleep over this slip up..I got a 3 year old girl that would be crushed if her dad went away to the slammer...
It's good your kidneys are healing! :d Sort of like how SWIM's stomach and liver are still healing from 5 years of on-and-off clonazepam and benzo abuse...

Anyhow, yes, 2 weeks is the max it should stay in your system. For SWIM, he remembers he took 16 mg once actually during his methadone taper and pissed nearly clean on the panel test a week after exactly (they do a piss test in methadone once a week or once every 2 weeks; if in Ontario at least).

You said you have 20 days, so yes it would be very safe to assume it will be out of your system in 14 days for sure! At the time on Methadone, SWIM was also taking Omeprazole (holllllllly crap he couldn't believe how this PPI medication made methadone and benzos last much longer in the body due to low to no acid production in the stomach), Smoking pot, drank beers...etc.

Well, the point here is that even with those strong factors on top of the lack of excercise and proper nutrition and water, it was still out of my system in about 9 days.

Also, you say SWIY took 50-55 .5 mg clonazepam over the course of 2 days" Now that last part could make this a few days longer, as I thought initially that the 30 mg dosage was taken at once.

Hmmm, from experience and reading your history about the renal failure, SWIM honestly thinks it should still be out of your system in max 14 days friend.

If you lack exercise, drinking water (2 liters a day at least) and just walking around the house should help even. Mobility increases kidney and renal activity! Also even just standing for 15 minutes at a time doing a simple task as cooking or cleaning is a great form of exercise as well! Keep it up and drink plenty of water everyday to the point where the urine is not yellow, murky, but rather clear. This is an indication that your getting plenty of water!

Also, yes cranberry juice is a great antioxidant!

Hope that helps. SWIM reallllllly wishes you pass that test! He is also positive that the long window frame will give you time to clear your body!

Last edited by UpperAndDowner; 21-09-2011 at 11:06.
Old 21-09-2011, 12:30
Banned

Thanks alot my friend..Maybe now I can get some sleep..Ive been slamming water and my kidney function is just fine...I'm an active person ,i'm just not out running or working out..
I apreciate the help..Usually I have a month to clear for piss tests my probation officer cut me short a week and I have been trippin out about it.

I just keep drinking lots of water and cranberry juice to keep the system flushing..

Thanks again man, and I shall be back to report my 14 and 15 day mark results with a home test dipstick..
Old 21-09-2011, 16:34
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Thanks alot my friend..Maybe now I can get some sleep..Ive been slamming water and my kidney function is just fine...I'm an active person ,i'm just not out running or working out..
I apreciate the help..Usually I have a month to clear for piss tests my probation officer cut me short a week and I have been trippin out about it.

I just keep drinking lots of water and cranberry juice to keep the system flushing..

Thanks again man, and I shall be back to report my 14 and 15 day mark results with a home test dipstick..
No problem !

I am almost certain now that it should all be out by 14 days for sure.
I mean look, SWIM had been taking clonazepam (as high as 12 mg prescribed to him per day for at least 2 years) and when he got off of it after this long chronic use it only stayed in my urine for exactly 12 days... In the blood however, still showed a hefty amount according to the hospital test. Which explains why he is still getting withdrawal symptoms...

But that is the beauty of SWIYs situation, he's not doing a blood test, rather a urine test!

SO in other words, since SWIY mentions that he has NO PREVIOUS tolerances or in other words, doesn't take them regularly, HE should be good for sure after 14 days!

And yes, DO keep me informed and updated please !

TO further assure SWIY;
I also checked with a family member who is an addiction specialist and deals with drug tests and such and she confirms that it should be out within 10 days. This is based on her reading SWIY's situation as well.
Old 21-09-2011, 23:12
Banned

Up and Down thanks again man swiTrip sure does appreciate the advise..

I know none of this gurentees swim will pass but the odds sure are in my favor..I'm drinking a gallon of water a day up untill the 14 day mark ,when I wake up I shall take the test.If I pass I will take another one on day 15 in the morning(without daily flushing with massive fluids)... If I fail on day 14 I will save the 2nd test for day 19 and if I fail that one it's a massive dilution plan wich sux to rely on...

Monday I'll be testing,talk to you then..

Share this on:

Tags
over the counter drug