Notices

Old 20-07-2010, 16:02

40 y/o Male
slipknotmaggotforlife is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
OPANA 10mg ER

My Monkey has a question to ask:

"I take around 10/ 30mg Oxycodones daily oral 2 years. The med is prescribed by my Doc. I am allocated 5 a day. Therefore I run out every month. I am screwed this month I need to wait 13 days. I hate to get sic like everybody else. I have a bottle of Opana 10mg ER. How many do i need to take to stay good. Im not looking to get high just not Sic. Would it be better to snort if so how much."

Thanks for responding

Post Quality Evaluations:
please read self incrimination rules

Last edited by Jatelka; 02-08-2010 at 06:32.
Old 20-07-2010, 16:42
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
JP8924 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Re: OPANA 10mg ER

Orally you'd have to take about 15 a day to equal what your taking in oxycodone because its about a 2:1 conversion ratio orally. If SWIM was SWIY he would just snort them. Start off with 1 and see how you feel then go from there. SWIM would guess SWIY will probably end up taking around 5 or a day because they are much, much stronger when snorted. Hope it keeps the withdrawals away. BTW remember no self incrimination and welcome to the forum!
Old 30-01-2012, 21:30
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
mistman is a decent psychonaut.mistman is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

From personal experience I believe 10mg of oxymorphone snorted would equal about 50mg of oxycodone intranasally. It is powerful and must be respected.
Old 30-01-2012, 21:58
Nomen est Omen

51 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline
Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10
Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP8924 View Post
Orally you'd have to take about 15 a day to equal what your taking in oxycodone because its about a 2:1 conversion ratio orally. If SWIM was SWIY he would just snort them. Start off with 1 and see how you feel then go from there. SWIM would guess SWIY will probably end up taking around 5 or a day because they are much, much stronger when snorted. Hope it keeps the withdrawals away. BTW remember no self incrimination and welcome to the forum!
Where are you getting your statistics from? Opana, or oxymorphon, is several orders of magnitude stronger than oxycodone. Perhaps your 2:1 ratio is for hydromorphone? That sounds closer, as hydromorphon is the next logical step up from oxycodone. With Opana, I would put the ratio at something like 7:1, if not even a little higher. Also, nasal bioavability for oxymorphon is about 43%, while oxycodone is 90+, with the elimination profile being similar to IV administration.
Old 30-01-2012, 22:07
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11

Toxin is absolutely correct re: strengths - according to the opioid narcotic conversion calculator, 300mg of oral Oxycodone would equal around 97mg of Oxymorphone (Opana)...that's with a 35% reduction for incomplete cross tolerance.
Be safe!
Old 30-01-2012, 23:02
Silver Member

37 y/o Male from United States
slayer180 is a decent psychonaut.slayer180 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2

Your monkey is lucky to have those opana 10mg er's as a backup.

Can totally use those to avoid being sick with oxycodone withdrawals.

Insuffulated will make them work better and last longer for sure, but be prepared for the gel in sinuses effects. Can get clogged after a while so clean em out several times a day.

Start with one, add another if not feeling better in 20 mins or so but seriously relief will happen faster than that. Opana snorted is strong, hits hard and lasts quite a while.

Good luck and hope they can last until next refill.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:50

32 y/o Male from United States
jman1982 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

So from what my cat is seeing here is that, YES Opana is a lot stronger than Oxycontin (oxycodone) and my cat should be feeling very very good right about now from 10MG of Opana? Because right now my cat is not really feeling anything from these pills. My cat just took a 10MG Opana about 2 hours ago and nothing. Any idea's?

Thread is about avoiding being sick with withdrawal. Not about feeling very very good.
This is thread hijacking.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:10
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman1982 View Post
So from what my cat is seeing here is that, YES Opana is a lot stronger than Oxycontin (oxycodone) and my cat should be feeling very very good right about now from 10MG of Opana? Because right now my cat is not really feeling anything from these pills. My cat just took a 10MG Opana about 2 hours ago and nothing. Any idea's?
If you snorted it you should be feeling great, but since your not feeling anything you must have ate it.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistman23 View Post
If you snorted it you should be feeling great, but since your not feeling anything you must have ate it.
Kind of scared to snort it. Should SWIM just snort half of the pill 10g?
Old 09-02-2012, 18:01
Nomen est Omen

51 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline
Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10
Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6%

10 mg. of Opana should be equivalent to about 30 mg. of oxycodone in a straight conversion. There are other factors involved which can cause that ratio to change-up or down-so that the subjective effects could range from 20 mg to 40 mg of oxycodone. The key term here is subjective. What might seem like 40 mg to you would probably not even be noticed by me.

Assume the worst-that, to you, one Opana is like 40 mg and tailor your dose accordingly. Remember, once you take it, it's too late. In other words, you can't un-take the medicine, the best you can hope for is that you were smart enough to have remembered that whenever you take something for the first time, you should always have a non-using person there, in case you do too much. Death pretty much answers all questions when it comes to how much is too much.

This thread has gone, as another member has mentioned, from how do I keep from getting sick to how can I feel best. They are not the same thing! The true answer here is that you need to talk to your doctor and tell them that either your meds are no longer working or that you have developed a problem with taking too many too soon. Maybe harsh, but true.

Having to increase the strength of narcotic pain meds used for chronic pain after taking them for an extended period of time is not unusual or something to be ashamed about. It is a natural progression for those who are in that situation. I know-I started out years ago on Vicoden 5/500's and now I'm on Fentanyl patches! I have been on just about every formulation and dosage of every narcotic in between, too. I know what it is like when you start taking them for fun instead of for pain, too. You do not want to go any further than you already have!

Moving from one narcotic to another, considerably stronger one in a "street" setting i.e. not specifically prescribed for you, is always a dangerous and risky proposition. You assume the item in question is real, but unless you got it from the pharmacy, it could be bootleg. You assume that just because you have taken other opiates, this one will be similar in effect, and you don't consider allergic reaction, etc., you assume that, just because you read some crap in an on-line forum, doing this is safe.

All of those assumptions can make you feel really good....or you can die. Not really much of a choice when you look at it like that, huh? Nobody here will tell you not to do this. We will offer advice, information, and experience, but the actual act is up to you. My advice, information, and experience to you would be that if you do decide to go through with your experiment, have a non-user on hand who is familiar with the symptoms of an opiate overdose. Just in case!

Also, remember than the oral bio-availability of oxycodone is 90+%, so you gain nothing by snorting it. Opana (oxymorphon) is stronger, but the oral bio-availability is less, so snorting it will avoid first-pass extraction. This means that snorting it will give the effect of a much greater strength. I think I said that right! Anyway, start small, you can always do more but you can never do less!

excellent points, great harm reduction offered here
Old 09-02-2012, 22:25
Silver Member

Quote:
Kind of scared to snort it. Should SWIM just snort half of the pill 10g?
Yes that would be advisable or even start with a quarter of it at first.

10mg of oxymorphone snorted equals about 40mg taken orally.

Last edited by mistman; 09-02-2012 at 22:27. Reason: grammar
Old 10-02-2012, 02:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxinreleased View Post
10 mg. of Opana should be equivalent to about 30 mg. of oxycodone in a straight conversion. There are other factors involved which can cause that ratio to change-up or down-so that the subjective effects could range from 20 mg to 40 mg of oxycodone. The key term here is subjective. What might seem like 40 mg to you would probably not even be noticed by me.

Assume the worst-that, to you, one Opana is like 40 mg and tailor your dose accordingly. Remember, once you take it, it's too late. In other words, you can't un-take the medicine, the best you can hope for is that you were smart enough to have remembered that whenever you take something for the first time, you should always have a non-using person there, in case you do too much. Death pretty much answers all questions when it comes to how much is too much.

This thread has gone, as another member has mentioned, from how do I keep from getting sick to how can I feel best. They are not the same thing! The true answer here is that you need to talk to your doctor and tell them that either your meds are no longer working or that you have developed a problem with taking too many too soon. Maybe harsh, but true.

Having to increase the strength of narcotic pain meds used for chronic pain after taking them for an extended period of time is not unusual or something to be ashamed about. It is a natural progression for those who are in that situation. I know-I started out years ago on Vicoden 5/500's and now I'm on Fentanyl patches! I have been on just about every formulation and dosage of every narcotic in between, too. I know what it is like when you start taking them for fun instead of for pain, too. You do not want to go any further than you already have!

Moving from one narcotic to another, considerably stronger one in a "street" setting i.e. not specifically prescribed for you, is always a dangerous and risky proposition. You assume the item in question is real, but unless you got it from the pharmacy, it could be bootleg. You assume that just because you have taken other opiates, this one will be similar in effect, and you don't consider allergic reaction, etc., you assume that, just because you read some crap in an on-line forum, doing this is safe.

All of those assumptions can make you feel really good....or you can die. Not really much of a choice when you look at it like that, huh? Nobody here will tell you not to do this. We will offer advice, information, and experience, but the actual act is up to you. My advice, information, and experience to you would be that if you do decide to go through with your experiment, have a non-user on hand who is familiar with the symptoms of an opiate overdose. Just in case!

Also, remember than the oral bio-availability of oxycodone is 90+%, so you gain nothing by snorting it. Opana (oxymorphon) is stronger, but the oral bio-availability is less, so snorting it will avoid first-pass extraction. This means that snorting it will give the effect of a much greater strength. I think I said that right! Anyway, start small, you can always do more but you can never do less!
Hey there buddy and mistguy23, SWIM did the up the nose thing and WOW, my god I felt like a was in the hospital and just got a freaking hugh shot of the best pain killer in the world!!!! SWIM did this thing about 6-7 hours ago and still feeling freaking awesome. Do you all think that this will be like this for a while, meaning will it always be this bad ass??? and last this long? Also, SWIM has never really done the up the nose thing, are there any long term effects that could cause health problems for the nose or what?? Thanks You All Your the Best
Old 10-02-2012, 02:51
Silver Member

43 y/o Male from United States
stayupandplay is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

An associate was in love with opana 10mg IR (I know we're talking about ER) He IV'd and said it was the most wonderful rush.

useless oneliner that seems like it is recommending IV'ing a pill?? Not ok.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:15
Silver Member

Quote:
Hey there buddy and mistguy23, SWIM did the up the nose thing and WOW, my god I felt like a was in the hospital and just got a freaking hugh shot of the best pain killer in the world!!!! SWIM did this thing about 6-7 hours ago and still feeling freaking awesome. Do you all think that this will be like this for a while, meaning will it always be this bad ass??? and last this long? Also, SWIM has never really done the up the nose thing, are there any long term effects that could cause health problems for the nose or what?? Thanks You All Your the Best
You will definitely build up a tolerance. So use some self discipline and go up slowly if at all. Oxymorphone can be very dangerous. Do not drink with it or mix with benzos, please.

It has a longer half life than most other common opiates is why it lasts so long.

I don't know much about the long term effects of snorting, sorry. Maybe someone else can chime in.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistman23 View Post
You will definitely build up a tolerance. So use some self discipline and go up slowly if at all. Oxymorphone can be very dangerous. Do not drink with it or mix with benzos, please.

It has a longer half life than most other common opiates is why it lasts so long.

I don't know much about the long term effects of snorting, sorry. Maybe someone else can chime in.
Hey there, SWIM's doctor also put me on Adderall is that a "benzo"? I don't really know if that could interact with Opana or not. Right now SWIM did another 4.5 mg about an hour and half ago and SWIM's starting to feel kind of sick right now and getting ready to hurl....Hate this freaking feeling, that is the only part about these strong narcotics is the strong nausa that comes with it. Thanks, J
Old 10-02-2012, 07:28
Silver Member

Adderal is not a benzo. Its an upper. Benzo's are downers such as Xanax. Death is very possible when downers are mixed with opiates in large amounts.

If your vomiting it is bed time. Your taking to much. Be careful.

good job trying to steer this thread to a safe conclusion - hope the OP takes the advice you are offering
Old 10-02-2012, 07:34

Ok good deal i'm going to bed at 3 because I'm watching "Jail" on spike....LOL Thanks for caring so much, I will let you know if I make it threw the night. Later, Jeremy

Share this on:

Tags
dilaudid, drugs-forum, opana, opana er, opanas, oxycodone, oxymorphone, percocet, recovery, snorting, withdrawal management