Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 14-07-2010, 14:20

Male from Earth
raasca is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
soma/Carisoprodol- recreational value?

Swim has looked through many posts on the forums here, and has not fopund out anything too good about Soma's. Does any one know if these are worth purchasing for recreational purposes, or if they are strictly medicinal? Swim has taken in the past, but never by itself, or never had to actually purchase. Just trying to find out if there indeed is any posative attributes to taking Soma recreationally?
Old 14-07-2010, 14:24
Silver Member

Male from Vanuatu
Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 719, Level: 4 Points: 719, Level: 4 Points: 719, Level: 4
Re: soma- recreational value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raasca View Post
Swim has looked through many posts on the forums here, and has not fopund out anything too good about Soma's. ?
If this means that swiy has found lots of warnings about the addictive potential of these and the danger of combining them with Central Nervous System depressants like Opioids or Opiates, or Alcohol, then the Forum is functioning splendidly!
Old 14-07-2010, 15:17
Banned

49 y/o Male from United States
sirmoonie needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Khan View Post
If this means that swiy has found lots of warnings about the addictive potential of these and the danger of combining them with Central Nervous System depressants like Opioids or Opiates, or Alcohol, then the Forum is functioning splendidly!
If that were the sole function of the this board, and its clear some think it is, it could just have a 800 X 1000 pixel red banner flashing "Drugs = Harm" on the Home page and be done with it.

Every single drug related thread on this board could just warn of addictive potential and the dangers of poly-drug use, and be subsequently closed at some level of saturation. Some people try their damndest to make it that way, including through silly anonymous rep comments if they subjectively believe any deviation off that mantra has been posted - but surely 99% of posters know inherent addictive dangers before they even get here? It is a drug board, after all.....

As to the OP's question, SWIM has three friends (actual friends, not idiotic rule-against-self-incrimination type friends) that combine Soma with pain killers (Vicodin?) and swear by the high. Lasts 2-3 hours and high level of euphoria (compared to what, I've never inquired, but two of them are widely experienced drug users). Tolerance builds slow, if spaced every few days. Just passing on anecdotal hearsay - SWIM has never tried it (at least that he can remember in the haze), being culturally biased to believe pill addictions are for women and wimps.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good point
Old 14-07-2010, 15:48
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 15,417, Level: 18 Points: 15,417, Level: 18 Points: 15,417, Level: 18
Activity: 7.8% Activity: 7.8% Activity: 7.8%

Only able to go by ones own experiences Sparkles would have to say that combining downers and opiates can depress CNS activity, but depending on your own tolerance to both of these drugs it does depend on dosage. To be honest, Sparkles has used both of these meds together and found the high to be sublime, only when she taken either high doses of opiates or a benzo was she crossing the line between recreational and bloody suicidal. Again, throw something that most use in small quantities...alcohol... into the equation, and it can become quite lethal.

Now as a recovering heroin addict posting on DF, a harm reduction site, and not knowing the OPs tolerance, naturally, she'd have to caution against using them. However, if dosage is kept low, then it should be ok. For that you have to know your own body, know what dose is right for you, and when combining these drugs just lower the dosage of both, that way it may be possible to minimise any harm, but that's not a given.

Hope this helps some, remember, Sparkles advice may not work for you. Whilst not a wimp, she is a woman, so anything she says must obviously be taken with a pinch of salt, right?

Sparkles.

Miss Sparkles, you're sparkling ;)
Old 14-07-2010, 17:08
Silver Member

Male from United States
death&decay is a decent psychonaut.death&decay is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 201, Level: 2 Points: 201, Level: 2 Points: 201, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Somas definitely have recreational value... However, they are not really that great. They feel great, but they are short lived. They can also cause you to lose all control over your skeletal muscles. Swim may be wrong about this, but he read that Somas are skeletal muscle relaxers, they do not relax muscles in your organs like your heart or lungs.

Swim would advice not trying to drive, walk or even stand up on Somas. Often people get what is referred to as the Soma Shuffle. Swim loves the effect of opiates + soma, it is very euphoric... Hes never had any bad experiences or even known anyone to have a bad experience... however, he has known people who have tried to drive and crashed, tried walking and fallen down stairs, things like that...
Old 14-07-2010, 17:13
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 15,417, Level: 18 Points: 15,417, Level: 18 Points: 15,417, Level: 18
Activity: 7.8% Activity: 7.8% Activity: 7.8%

Death$Decay...how can Soma be skeletal relaxers, I didn't think bone could relax? I'm not being provocative, I just interested to know how this can happen. Thanks love.

Sparkles.
Old 14-07-2010, 17:13
Silver Member

Male from Vanuatu
Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 719, Level: 4 Points: 719, Level: 4 Points: 719, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by death&decay View Post

Swim would advice not trying to drive, walk or even stand up on Somas. Often people get what is referred to as the Soma Shuffle. Swim loves the effect of opiates + soma, it is very euphoric... Hes never had any bad experiences or even known anyone to have a bad experience... however, he has known people who have tried to drive and crashed, tried walking and fallen down stairs, things like that...
This is very good advice. Also reducing dosage of both ends of the combo is good form.
Old 15-07-2010, 14:43

Male from Earth
raasca is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1

Thank you all for your replies! The information and warnings were most helpfull.. Swim did not start this thread because of previously only finding warnings and negative info about Somas. Swim started this thread because of the search for knowledge about Somas and their effects. Swim did not beleive that the sole purpose of this forum was to scare people away from dugs, but to help people find informtion that may help them and too also keep them safe. So once again thank you for the help
Old 21-09-2010, 18:17
Silver Member

Male from Sweden
antialias is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1
Re: soma/Carisoprodol- recreational value?

Soma combined with opiates is a dangerous but very pleasurable high...however, don't go out in public (last time swim did this with heroin and soma in his system the police took him in because swim was obviously very buzzed, barely being able to ride his bicycle).
Old 13-07-2011, 04:35
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from United States
drumlord420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by missparkles View Post
Death$Decay...how can Soma be skeletal relaxers, I didn't think bone could relax? I'm not being provocative, I just interested to know how this can happen. Thanks love.

Sparkles.
He meant skeletal muscle relaxer...Muscles that we use to move our bodies with...Not cardiac (heart) or smooth (peristalsis) muscles...
Old 13-07-2011, 05:49
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
Rockinhockey is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumlord420 View Post
He meant skeletal muscle relaxer...Muscles that we use to move our bodies with...Not cardiac (heart) or smooth (peristalsis) muscles...
What he said. Personally i have never heard that soma targets skeletal muscle but i guess that makes sense as you can take a lot of soma (by itself ofc) and not go into cardiac arrest
Old 13-07-2011, 06:40
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
SplitDecision is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialias View Post
Soma combined with opiates is a dangerous but very pleasurable high...however, don't go out in public (last time swim did this with heroin and soma in his system the police took him in because swim was obviously very buzzed, barely being able to ride his bicycle).

SWIM had the same experience only with IV hydromorfone, he dosn;t know what happend but was out for 3 hours and woke up in the hospitel with his bike shoes on. don't go in public the soma shuffle is very visable. other than that start at a low dose to be safe and possibly have a sitter,
Old 13-07-2011, 08:08
Silver Member

47 y/o Female from USA - Ohio
dragon fly is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1

Dont go in public and do not drive!!!! Swim was driving when the soma took affect and she could not move her legs enough to put on the break and slammed into a truck. Then she could barley walk, or talk. This was on only 2 soma. She has had experience with soma where she would take 2 and feel nothing, but then another day she would take 2 and could not walk. She does not know if maybe this was because of taking them on an empty stomach verses a full stomach or not. But soma have always been very unpredictible with swim. It is for this reason that swim does not take soma at all anymore.

Just be very very careful when taking; and for sure do not drive at all. It is just too dangerous. Be safe
Old 08-12-2011, 02:43

Male from Australia
banana101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

It does, to a fault. Alone, it's great. I am Rx'd 2 350s at once a day. Makes me feel MEGA drunk, but only for about an hour. And sleepy-- and *nothing* makes me sleepy. Not 125 mgs of Benadryl, not even 3 Unisom. I'm tapering from 3 mgs of Klonopin a day. I'm on my 10th day @ 1.75 mgs. No major w/d's either.

I was Rx'd Somas with Vicodin and Percocet. Apparently, it's like heroin, something I've never done, or intend to do, but I didn't even know that when I was Rx'd them all together. Don't know what the LD50 for Soma is, but I have taken 6 350s over the course of a day. But I don't drink alcohol, so my liver is in probably great condition. I have severe muscle spasms, and simply do not agree that they lose their "high feeling" after a few times. Somas are the only MRs that work for me, but I do have spinal fusion, scoliosis, and sciatica, so who knows? Flexeril, even at 40 mgs, and Zanaflexes are literally worthless for me. But I can't speak for everyone.

The thing about Soma is that it metabolizes into a barb... And everyone is different. Barbs and Benzos affect the same GABAa receptor, so I can see why this would mess some people up while combining the two I've been WAY up there on the benzo scale, I'm an exception, hence the taper, so my benzo tolerance is better than most. I can say, however, that I took 2 Somas last year and had a few drinks a few hours later (4 hours to be exact-- long after I felt the Somas) and was almost arrested! So, who knows.

Recreationally, they are fine alone; a mild opiate help WILL help to potentiate the effects. I take them with 1 mg Klonopin and can't even feel the difference, but again, that's just probably me. I can easily function on 4 mgs Xanax/Ativan, etc. but my tolerance to Benzos is out of this world. To be safe, I'd take 1 at first. Better to be safe than sorry. They kick in rather quickly--between 15-10 minutes, so you can jump to 2 if you feel it's okay. That's what has been Rx'd to me (2 250s, once a day). Would I drive on them? Not on your life in the first hour! They make you feel drunk as hell. Even after a few weeks.
Old 21-12-2011, 04:36
Silver Member

Male from United States
lithilium is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

I've taken quite a few soma... the high, imo sucks. You just feel really uncoordinated and cloudy. Not good. It's a CNS depressant, so your breathing will slow, making it dangerous to mix with other downers...

Take 700-1kish mg with weed if you want a ... unique experience. (being incredibly out of it and not able to talk)

lithilium added 5 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

I might also add, do NOT mix soma with anything if it's your first time. I've read stories of people taking 1 350mg tablet with some hydros and ending up in the hospital. Be safe!

Last edited by lithilium; 21-12-2011 at 04:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-12-2011, 06:02
Silver Member

Male from United States
m000nman is a decent psychonaut.m000nman is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

id say soma is recreational, less so then opiates, but probably more so then other muscle relaxers.
since i dont know (and dont want to know, no price discussion) how much you would be purchasing your soma for, i cannot say if you should invest in some. but i will say if its cheap, go for it, could be interesting. its not a very highly valued recreational substance IMO, but maybe you will see it differently.

on the other hand, if the price seems high to you, i wouldnt bother. soma is recreational, but its not great when used on its own.
i cant recommend you combining anything with it. if your set on combining it with something, i would just recommend you do your homework on it first and make sure you dont do anything dangerous

Last edited by m000nman; 24-12-2011 at 00:54.
Old 18-01-2012, 18:38
Silver Member

Female from Indonesia
wanita is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1

I take soma to help me coming down from partying. I like it better than xanax, but not as much as i like klonopin.
Old 18-01-2012, 19:14
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from USA - Colorado
toltexan is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana101 View Post
The thing about Soma is that it metabolizes into a barb...
I'm not sure that's quite accurate; Meprobamate, if that's what is implied, isn't a barbiturate.

I've found carisoprodol to be one of the most physically and mentally intoxicating pharmaceutical substances I've ever trial-ran. I'd imagine, as I've said before on another thread, that carisoprodol/meprobamate are the closest thing to barbiturates that you're going to find in the modern setting. I personally find them to be waaaay more instense and intoxicating than benzos, alcohol, and even the majority of opiates.

Just think "Captain Jack Sparrow" and you may began to fathom the grotesque movements associated with the "Soma Shuffle".
Old 23-04-2013, 13:07
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Germany
Soulfake is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2 Points: 154, Level: 2
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Is it possible that there will be a legal derivate of Carisoprodol, Tybamate or Meprobamate sold as a research chemical?

It certainly won´t be more dangerous than the butyr-Fentanyl derivates, Bromadol, Dermorphine, Methyl-Methaqualone etc.

Last edited by Soulfake; 05-05-2013 at 13:42.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:16

Female from United States
ayla87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

The first time swim tried soma, she was fairly intoxicated at relative's house and found a soma in a kitchen drawer. She announced to family members she was going to take it, and in the absence of a real answer, popped it. The euphoria from it was so unique and awesome, that she decided it was one of the two best highs she's ever had. Now, swim much later took another one while sober, as she does have pain issues, and it did not act anything like it did the first time. It seemed to do no good at all for anything, as a matter of fact. Several, several months went by, and swim had had it with her chronic lower back pain, even though she's prescribed lortab for it (doctor from Alabama says it is now illegal for him to prescribe soma. Swim does not believe him!). Swim took two while sober, and experienced a mild euphoria for a short while, but for the first time in recent memory, her incessant lower back pain stopped!!!! The euphoria was quite nice while it lasted, but I was never out of control, and it was short-lived. Definitely nothing swim would take for recreational use, but absolutely something she would take for this stubborn back pain she suffers. Lortab works fine for some of her other ailments, but for this particular area, it does not for some reason. But some fits the bill perfectly! So, there's swim's experience. Thought it was worth sharing.

Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 11-05-2013, 18:07
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
awdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

i like soma and weed and a movie. or xannax weed and a movie. theyre pretty similar to me i just eat more on xannax.
Old 18-05-2013, 09:44
Silver Member

39 y/o Female from United States
juliagoolia is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

My Dr prescribed me Somas 350mg and Norco 10/325 to be taken together for pain. I no longer take the Norco, but I still take the Soma, have for years..

I don't think they would make a good recreational drug because they mainly make you so relaxed you want to sleep. Also another reason I wouldn't use for fun, they are muscle relaxers. If you take too many it could cause your heart to stop.. The heart is a muscle after all.

Also I have taken Soma for years... There are quite a few times I will run out a few days early. My Dr gives me 30, enough for 1 a day, but some days I need 2. I have never, ever, ever had ANY withdrawal effects from the Soma...

Please use caution if you take Soma
Old 09-06-2013, 20:37
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
joeshadow is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Soma are actually relatively recreational for a muscle relaxer. Used to enjoy them in my late teens and early 20s with marijuana and a beer or two and actually go out and socialize. Nowadays, I doubt it would like them all that much. Would not mind having a few for winding down after a hard day with an evening by yourself.

But yeah the Euphoria from them was pretty unique. Maybe like a really mild lude buzz? I have never ingested Quaaludes but I'd imagine that some similarities exist due to the type of drugs they both are.

Think Soma's are one of those drugs that some really like and some do not get much of anything from. Downers as a class in general tend to have the biggest variances in how they effect people and I think a lot of it has to do with genetics.

Also, it was stupid of me to consume alcohol on top of medicines like Soma. Doing so likely put my life at increased risk, my tolerance was high enough to handle it at the time, but obviously judgement being impaired can lead to increased risk.

Also, going so heavy on various downers during my early 20s has caused me problems that have followed me off and on for years. Getting better with them but not perfect by any means.

Last edited by joeshadow; 09-06-2013 at 20:43.

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, anxiolytic, benzo, cns depressant, downer, heroin, hypnotic, opiates, relaxer, sedative, sleeping pills, tolerance