Register Tags

Notices

Old 22-11-2005, 01:35
Banned

will is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 421, Level: 3 Points: 421, Level: 3 Points: 421, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Using Fentanyl Patches Recreationally

Ok, my friend has done some research about possible ways to abuse fentanyl patches but wants to run them by someone here before doing so.
He hasUTFSE on this forum and found some good info, but is too scared of injecting and would prefer to eat the gel. According to the box, these patches claim to deliver 100 mcg / hour for 3 days. Andhe is sure there must be some drug remaining in the patch even after 3 days.

So he estimated that a 100 mcg patch contains somewhere around 8000 mcg per patch. Now, he is wondering if this drug is distributed evenly throughout the patch?? If so, would freezing the patches and thenmeasuring and dividingthem into 8 even portions be an accurate way to measure out 1000 mcg of fentanyl?? After doing this my friend will not simply eat the pieces because of the poor bioavailability of the drug.
Which would have the greatest bioavailability: sub-lingual or buccal?? Could you treat the gel pieces like they were actiq lollipops and simply hold the gel peices between your cheeks and gums and let the drug be absorbed?? Is this a safe way of injesting the fentanyl, or will some of the excipients in the gel cause any serious problems???

My friend thanks you in advance for any information

Last edited by Smeg; 21-07-2013 at 11:53. Reason: Paragraphing and line-spacing to facilitate reading.
Old 22-11-2005, 05:54
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Red_Baran is an unknown quantity at this point
this is a really good way to kill your self, from my understanding there really isn’t a good way to measure Fentanyl because the dosage is so so low and if you take even a little to much it can kill you, swim has seen it first hand please do not fuck with Fentanyl that way! the best way is just to put the patch on, but i believe that 100 mcg will prob kill you. 100 mcg of Fentanyl = 200Mg of oxy. Or about 400Mg of Morphine

Please do not screw with these patches in less you have a very high tolerance

Post Quality Evaluations:
good warning!
That's the truth!

Last edited by Alfa; 28-08-2009 at 02:06.
Old 22-11-2005, 10:42
Banned

Thanks for the reply. I would be interested to find out where you got your data. Most of the resources that i looked at said that oral transmucosal fentanyl had a potency of approx. 100 times that of oralmorphine, that would make a 1000mcg gel peice equal to 100 mg of IR oralmorphine.

That is still too large of a dose for people who aren't opioid tolerant (like my friend) but do you really think that you will get 100% bioavailability from an injestedpatch that is meant to be used transdermally??
I guess what i am asking, is my method an accurate way to get a fairly good idea of the dose, and besides the risk of overdose, will eating (transmucousally) the patch cause any additional problems??

Last edited by Smeg; 21-07-2013 at 11:55. Reason: Paragraphing and line-spacing to facilitate reading.
Old 22-11-2005, 14:38

Male from United States
Red_Baran is an unknown quantity at this point
no the you will not get 100% bioavailability, i did a search and came up with this "Its oral bioavailability was found to be only 1.5%"

Last edited by Alfa; 28-08-2009 at 02:03.
Old 22-11-2005, 22:52
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Most of the discussions on fentanyl patches can be found here: fentanyl

Last edited by Alfa; 24-09-2009 at 22:36.
Old 23-11-2005, 21:58
Gold Member

39 y/o Male from Canada
QGdoxl is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4
Is it possible to dilute the gel in alcohol? say for instance if you had a 100 mcg/h patch which contains 10mg fentanyl, and 1 litre of
everclear, disolve the one into the other and it is now easier to measure it out.

For the record I have never tried this, and am not sure if it would even work. Heck I don't even know what size dose to take even if I could accuratly measure.

Last edited by Alfa; 28-08-2009 at 02:07.
Old 23-11-2005, 22:59
Banned

If you eat / drink the gel you will lose most of the drug to first-pass metabolism. Fentanyl has extremely poor oral bioavailability.
Old 30-12-2005, 20:22
AKA Miss Methylene

26 y/o
pharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way up
Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4
All I have to say is, whoa buddy. I wouldn't tamper with fentanyl patches unless I.. well, I never would. Maybe I'm saying this because I've never had an experience with fentanyl and only know what I've read. And I've read that fentanyl is 1000x more potent then diacetylmorphine, which makes it too dangerous to get creative with. Be careful! Why not just wear the patch?
Old 02-01-2006, 05:47

u4ic is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1
the mylans are better than duragesic

I hate the duragesic brand the generics by mylan are better in everyway. Including the way you are supposed to use them by wearing them for 72 hours (I can never make it for more than 24 before it starts annoying me and I want to get a really intense high). With the mylans you can cut a 10mg patch into 4 quarters, eighths or more if you don't have much tolerance. Then chew on the plastic for a half hour or so. The mylans are just a thin piece of plastic with no liquid center. They are far more comfortable to wear, stick a lot better, cost less and much easier to measure and keep for oral use. The duragesics suck you have to wear a noisy uncomfortable bag of gel on yourself that doesn't even stay on for more than a day. Then if you want to cut it open you have to try to even out the gel, once cut you have to store it very carefully not to ruin it. Just a pain in the ass compared to the generics.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:16

Male
BlackCook is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2
Friend of mine did inject the ones named Durogesic.
He just cut them in half, poored the inside on a spoon, put some vitamine C and water on it, cooked it, sucked it up through a filter and voila.
He said it was the best he ever did.
but he was used to very high dosages of other opiates, so i do not know if its good to everybody...

he first did use a patch with 50mcg/hour for one shot (yes the whole patch) and after a few days needed the 100mcg/hour patches to get a kick from it...you see...the dosages arte getting higher very fast..

by the way: the gel (dont know the word in english, sorry) inside the patch was completely dissolved in the water/acid-solution without problems...

Do NOT recommend this! Even with high tolerance to opiated a whole 50 patch at once is CRAZY & stupid (don't want to give you a star but don't know how else to make this rating post)
horribly dangerous thing to write on a forum like this , plus thats just not true .. that would be like shooting over 50 oxy 80's at once , that would kill an opiate addicted elephant easily ... lying when it comes to dosages on this forum could kill
I agree with the last opinions, It seems crazy and impossible for anyone to have an elephant tolerance!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:47

u4ic is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1
Wow, thats one hell of a tolerance. That dose could kill an opiate naive individual. A typical dose of fentanyl for IV is like 100 mcgs not 10 mg! Those patches are 72 hours worth of medicine intended for opiate tolerant patients. Those things are no joke. Most swims get sick when attempting oral use of the patches. To be reserved for opiate TOLERANT people.
Old 06-01-2006, 15:10

Male
BlackCook is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2
yes

as i said...he is very tolerant.

I would definitively NOT advise this to anyone!
Old 14-01-2006, 02:26

39 y/o Male from Earth
Brewpub420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Howdy all...
I figured I would weigh in with the knowledge I have of the patches. I hear alot of people shouting down the eating of the gel from the duragesic's.
Does anyone personally know someone who has had problems from that? Or are all of these concerns based on urban legends and 3rd hand stories? i have been "assisting" my fellow man with obtaining patches for a few years now both the Fentanyl and Duragesic , and almost every "patient" I have uses it by cutting the end off of the patch and sucking the gel into their mouth.

The leave it between cheek and gum and under the tounge for awhiel and then eventually swallow. The worst I have seen is some garden varity throwing up. Never an od... I have heard the drying and smoking is the most intense , but have not nor do I know anyone who actually used the method.

Not big on needles but a close friend of mine is. He usually takes a 25 patch and does it in one shot for a dose. But he's about as alive as Keith Richards.
Snorting is interesting but I personally thought it burned like flameing razor blades. As I said for all the horror stories I have heard eating the gel is the best 7-9 hour trip I have ever taken.

The most I have seen eaten was 4 25's at once. Walking isn't even a possability at that time. Or you could as someone already mentioned...just wear the damn things and enjoy a 3 day buzz.

Last edited by Smeg; 21-07-2013 at 12:06. Reason: Paragraphing and line-spacing to facilitate reading.
Old 20-01-2006, 03:09

27 y/o Male
XCorruptX is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Alright hey, well I don't know if I have much knowledge... but my friend has experiece with the fentanyl patches for about a year he's used the patch every now and then. And this is some strong stuff, and he just wears it because that's the only way he even knows about doing it... then I heard about someone OD'ing and died from one, because they ate all the gel, in my area on the news other than that I just heard of some people doing that never known any and it sounds kinda dangerous to me.
But anyway my friend started out doing the 50 mcgs and that f**ked him up just by wearing it and just wearing a 100 mcgs probably woulda been way too much for him when just starting out but he moved on to that after doing the 50's a few times and it's really strong.

This seriously is not to be messed with just wearing one fucks him up and is risky enough so he doesn't see any reason to try any of those other ways wearing it seems to be fine... that's just how he feels from his experience using them though... but I'd still like to hear what other people have to say and I have a questionFor cutting like a 100mcgs patch in half how should my friend store it so that it doesn't get ruined because he's done it a few times before after being stored it worked a couple times but also it got ruined once or twice.So never knew if there was a way to do it please let me know thanks.

Last edited by Smeg; 21-07-2013 at 12:08. Reason: Paragraphing and line-spacing to facilitate reading.
Old 01-02-2006, 17:55

MORPHEUS IV is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagognog2
unreality is a banned user for flaming and being an ass. Don't expect him to answer you. He is having a few problems right about now,,,,
His people skills have a lot to be desired, but he is probably right about smoking it. My buddy SWIM took 100 Microgram patches for 6 months, and he didn't like them very much. For one thing they don't last 72 hours like they are supposed to. And for another, they weren't that potent as far as he was concerned. SWIM is very curious about this product becoming heroin after treated though........interesting. As far as being dangerous......cmon, it's all dangerous at one point, and everyone will reach that point eventually if they keep taking opioids.

My friend has taken every opioid under the sun over his career, and is really looking for the perfect form to use that will work well over a longer period of time, so he would like to hear more from the banned person.

Last edited by Smeg; 21-07-2013 at 12:12. Reason: Speculating about how to re-enter the forum following being banned.
Old 16-02-2006, 19:14

29 y/o Male
killthepoor187 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
I'm wondering about storage. SWIS gave SWIM a duragesic 75 patch as a thank you for a favor at work. SWIM was going to wear it, but decided on research first, as SWIM remembers reading that Fentanyl is ~40x as potent as heroin.

SWIM is not much of an opiate user, but does have a small natural tolerence. 20mg of oxy get a nice buzz going, but not much of a high. SWIM would like to try smoking said patch, and is wondering if he can just leave the leftovers in a tupperware container in the fridge for later. How long could SWIM store the leftovers, and is there a better way?

Thanks in advance.
Old 16-03-2006, 21:40

33 y/o Male
dafentkid needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
store your patches at room temp,do not refrigerate,if you have already done so, it probably will not affect em,but i have a script for fent and it says right on the box,do not refrigerate,temp can have adverse affects on the patches,i used to store used patches for months at room temp before making use of them
Old 16-03-2006, 21:50

33 y/o Male
if your patch has a hole in it,cover it with tape and store it in the package it came in(at room temp),folding the opened end over three or four times,if you don't have the pckge it came in, put it in tin foil
Old 16-03-2006, 21:58

33 y/o Male
eating the resevoirs patches continuously can seriously fuck up your liver,i have eaten em for months staight and never had problems,but i read on errowid(i think)about a kid who got really fucked up from the other stuff in the patches,he had to be admitted to the ER for liver damage,(just a thought) i'm just posting replies as i read others' postings
Old 16-03-2006, 22:22
Palladium Member

Male from United States
CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.CrookedEye really knows their shit.
Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5 Points: 1,377, Level: 5
I also have read that it contains some chemical that can damage your liver, but I cannot seem to recall where I read this.. It's possible it was some propaganda to stop abuse of the patches, however, it did sound like a possibility.. I would love to hear if anyone else has heard about this, and/or if they have a source of information concerning this.. Thanks!!
Old 18-03-2006, 01:56
Palladium Member

Male from United States
allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.
Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
I have the sandoz. lable says that the patches contain only USP alchohol and fentanyl. the material is liquid not gel I dont see how it could harm somone to take a measured amount orally, unless theyre not very good at measuring

there are 7.2 mg give or take divvied up into 0.4 ml so .005ml seems to be the ticket.

Last edited by allyourbase; 18-03-2006 at 02:03.
Old 18-03-2006, 05:00
Titanium Member

Male
788.4 is captain of the psychonauts.788.4 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 536, Level: 3 Points: 536, Level: 3 Points: 536, Level: 3
That would be .09 mg, correct? That sounds like a very high dose for a non tolerant user. Be carefull.. I think I may have read somewhere that .05 mg is considered to be a enough for a single dose, but I cannot say for a fact that it is safe to take that much.
Old 01-04-2006, 14:56

Male
junglistNside is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1
people do open the patches and dilute , mostly because the gel is too thick to IV and then IV a whole 100 patch. I guess it must be that they are very tolerant users because they don't seem to even get very high let alone OD. This is first hand eyewitness not hear/say. However I have heard of people ODing by wearing several patches at once. This is btw hear/say I never new anyone who had this happen.
Old 16-04-2006, 14:19

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7
its only stronger by dose to effect ratio, not neccesarily to with regard to subjective "highs". fentanyl is measured by micrograms, and few drugs aside from LSD are measured in such small increments. an active dose of transmucosal fentanyl is about 200 mcg, compare that to 60 mg of insufflated of morphine, and SWIY can see why it can claim to be "stronger" than morphine. but since everyone has their personal favs, SWIY is entitled to SWIYs opinion.

Very wise answer, also good info in your other posts in this thread.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:51

33 y/o Male
fentanyl is 80-200 times more potent than morphine,depending which analogue you have

Share this on:

Tags
extracting fentanyl, fentanyl, fentanyl abuse, fentanyl iv, fentanyl patch, fentanyl patches eating wearing smoking abuse, fentanyl routes of administration, snorting drugs, withdrawals