Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 30-06-2010, 01:43
Banned

Female
Wallet is a decent psychonaut.
Anyone ever take Suboxone too early?

Just wondering about your experiences with this. It happened to SWIM once and it was the worst pain ever. He had to relapse to get rid of the pain and now he is waiting to try to take Suboxone again. Hoping it's safe to take now that it's been 20 hours since his last shoot.

So, any stories?
Old 30-06-2010, 12:41
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Re: Anyone ever take Suboxone too early?

There are plenty of stories about this happening.

20 hours is a good start but it wouldn't be a bad idea to wait until the full flavour of the withdrawal is in effect, just think about that worst pain ever and compare it to what is going on at the moment.

I can never tell forum time properly so i imagine we know now anyway.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:33

39 y/o Male from United States
Aeonity is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Swim has to wait about 30-36 hours before taking suboxone or it worsens his sickness...
Old 01-07-2010, 16:05
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Yes. Someone I Know took Suboxone after waiting only 48 hours from her last (20mg) dose of methadone. *shudder* She had to go get a bag of heroin to get out of withdrawals (but didn't get high).

She says she then figured out what they meant by waiting until one's in REAL withdrawals before taking it!!!!

She has since gone on Methadone Maintenance Treatment instead, so she doesn't have to worry about buprenorphine again for a few more years (when she may or may not come off the methadone).

But yeah...she used to take Suboxone 15-16 hours after her last dose of heroin, then one day THAT made her go into SERIOUS withdrawal, and she started having to wait at LEAST 30 hours after her last dose of heroin (IV) before she took her bupe, Suboxone or Subutex, it didn't matter, both would make her sick if taken too early. *shudder*

~Kailey
Old 02-07-2010, 00:38
Banned

Female

Wow, thanks so much for everyone's experiences. This gave SWIM a lot of insight as to why SWIM went into withdrawal. It seems like it's the ones who have taken suboxone before that are the ones who have to wait longer than usual. I think that's why SWIM went into withdrawals this time versus feeling better like before.

For the record, SWIM ended up waiting about 20 hours before taking his suboxone the second time around. SWIM was in withdrawals and just hate them so much that he couldn't wait until he was feeling terrible like you are supposed to. Anyways, he took it and it didn't really help. For the next two days he remained in this weird purgatory of being inbetween withdrawals and not in withdrawals. Once he was finally able to sleep 8 hours or so he woke up feeling terrible since he hadn't had any suboxone in 10-12 hours or so. Once he took yet another pill after this larger than usual dry spell he actually started to feel better. He knows that maybe he could have felt better sooner if he waited longer to take the suboxone but this was still FAR better than what happened the day before! He's happy the worst is over and that suboxone exists. Without it, SWIM isn't sure he would make it through withdrawals ever!
Old 02-07-2010, 02:49

42 y/o Male from United States
LouR is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SWIM is getting ready to start with Suboxone. he's worried about the wait before his first dose. can we hear more opinions on this? how long is it then? I'm sure it's longer for a Meth user since it has such a long half life. I'm snorting heroin. will 24 hours do? 36? if one waits, will they have relief right away?

it's weird when people say "wait 48 hours". that's almost half of the kick! the heavy part anyway.

please, some advice for SWIM and others.

another question - if someone DOES take it too early, how long does the BAD part last, until the Sub starts to finally work?

thanks.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:19
Banned

Female

Lou - Is SWIY taking methodone or JUST the snorting?

If just the snorting then it REALLY depends on how much one does and when one starts going into withdrawal. Any idea when he starts feeling like crap after his last hit?
Old 02-07-2010, 15:31
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

24 hours is minimum in my opinion, definitely more for methadone cause of its long half life as mentioned. If it were me i would just go as long as possible and aim for 36 hours, i would also ask the doctor for some diazepam for sure to help mediate the withdrawal sop it's possible to have a reasonably large time gap.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent advice, it's always best to wait a minimum of 36 hrs (longer if possible) after quitting MMT, before starting subutex/suboxone.

Share this on:

Tags
buprenorphine, dose of heroin, faq, heroin, iv heroin, iv suboxone, methadone, opiate, opiate use, pod tea, poppy, poppy pod, poppy pod tea, precipitated withdrawal, snort heroin, snorting, snorting heroin, snorting suboxone, suboxone, tea, withdrawal, withdrawals