Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 26-06-2010, 21:56
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
Mr.Bliss is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Kratom and You.

SWIM has been a die-hard Kratom fan for quite some time now, and has ALWAYS enjoyed his time under the influence of Kratom, sometimes though he has had a way more fun then compared to other times, (just sitting around on the couch nodding would be primarily the "other times")

SWIM would like to discuss the things you enjoy to do on Kratom. (not just sitting around nodding on the couch, but SWIM thinks if you some super couch that has a great synergy with Kratom, please tell.) Not only would SWIM like to discuss the things people do while on Kratom, he would like to talk about the things you are capable of doing while on Kratom and the things that SWIY is able to do "easier" or "better" whilst on Kratom. He's very curious about the latter specifically since SWIM can do his classwork and homework way more efficiently and effectively and enjoy school way more when on Kratom. Also SWIM finds running while coming down off Kratom is the easiest thing in the world and could run for miles. (Which SWIM does of course! )

Please do not mistake this thread about SWIM asking for experience reports, he is quite aware of the magical effects of the plant. More like activities that you have linked to Kratom, things you have found easier to do (etc), or mystical/spiritual connections and/or epiphanies you have made with Kratom. As well as maybe how Kratom has changed you as an overall person.

For example, SWIM's number thing to do while on Kratom is to explore the woods and/or hike or just simply explore the city. It just seems so blissful and the times SWIM has had are just vivid and magical, they just keep bringing back SWIM to buy more. SWIM simply does nothing but walk around, always with a friend, and just talks to them and he seems to have the deepest and most empathic conversations one could think of.

Also SWIM has experienced a permanent effect from taking Kratom. He has become an optimist in all meaning of the definition. Every since he became a Kratom user he has realized that whenever he is down he is able to pick himself up and get going again, since his blissful time on Kratom showed him that he shall live to see a brighter day and he shouldn't sweat it on pointless things that soon shall pass. SWIM is not saying that he doesn't care about anything any more, his motivation is still top-notch and is a competitive athlete. just now he tends to only look at the brighter side of things. (And not in some ignorant "EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE PERFECT" kind of way either, just brighter!)

SWIM doesn't know if this should have gone into another thread, but he did not find anything specifically like about what he was talking about.

So SWIM is very curious with what "your relationship" (for lack of a better phrase to coin my question(s) about Kratom and You.) is with the beautiful, magical, sparkling (not really :P), and mind-numbingly awesome herb Kratom. Or horrible, distasteful, and pathetic herb, whichever is your opinion, or even in between those two opinions! Hah!

Discuss!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Try to use more descriptive thread titles.

Last edited by Mr.Bliss; 26-06-2010 at 22:03. Reason: Spelling Error
Old 26-06-2010, 22:13
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

mrpeppercorn is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Re: Kratom and You.

Swim likes to hit the weights after a good 7 grams. Its especially helpful to swim when doing yard work and stuff.
Nodding off is only good for swim at higher doses
All in all swim likes to be active on kratom only downside is constipation, but thats nothing stool softeners and laxatives wont fix.
Old 26-06-2010, 22:48
Banned

46 y/o Male
papajohns is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

hit the weights??? you mean weight lift? swim never feels up to something like weight lifts on kratom. Swim uses kratom as a back drop to going on to a bar or to a friends house to smoke. swim eats about .7 of 50x full spectrum a dose.
Old 27-06-2010, 02:18
Silver Member

Male from Germany
JustWantingHighs018 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 153, Level: 2 Points: 153, Level: 2 Points: 153, Level: 2

SWIM likes smoking spice on kratom to produce a very vivid and couch locking high. SWIM's best experience was with a full spectrum tincture that had him floored for hours. SWIM gets productive on certain strains and starts to clean his house and organize things.

SWIM has made sure to spread out how many days he takes kratom due to reading so many horrible reports of people getting worse withdrawls than heroin.
Old 27-06-2010, 02:32

mrpeppercorn is learning how to become a psychonaut.

nah the withdrawls cant even touch heroin.
swim supposes possibly if someone used kratom to stop heroin withdrawls, it could have a rebound effect.or if someone was using kratom for like 10years straight. but swiy should do some research books are the best source of info. swiy can also read stuff online
Old 27-06-2010, 04:32
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.
Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

This is going to sound lame and nerdy, but while swim uses Kratom he just loves to type technical how-to sh*t and also likes to study and read random things on Wikipedia.

Its weird, nothing else makes SWIM want to start opening Word up and start typing a bunch of non-sense.

SWIM also likes to PERIODICALLY drink alcohol which enhances Kratom effects dramatically but unfortunately seems to hurt the tail. [the length of the "high"]
Old 27-06-2010, 05:00
Titanium Member

Male from USA - Connecticut
Porvata really adds to the discussion.Porvata really adds to the discussion.Porvata really adds to the discussion.Porvata really adds to the discussion.Porvata really adds to the discussion.Porvata really adds to the discussion.
Points: 785, Level: 4 Points: 785, Level: 4 Points: 785, Level: 4

If SWIM doesn't feel the desire to just sit/lie down and listen to music then they'll probably end up working out. SWIM sometimes gets an urge to just write random papers or rants simply to reflect on things because they feel the kratom helps them focus a little better.

SWIM always uses kratom by themself, never in the presence of friends. After reading the OPs post SWIM is going to try out walking around the woods or something similar the next time they make some tea.

SWIM tries to restrict servings of crushed leaf in a tea to dosages between 5 and 10 grams and uses maybe once every three weeks or so, sometimes one or two times more in that window. Kratom is easily one of SWIMs favorite drugs and can see themself becoming addicted so moderation is something they always have to force themselves to resort to.
Old 30-06-2010, 00:15
Silver Member

Mr.Bliss is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
This is going to sound lame and nerdy, but while swim uses Kratom he just loves to type technical how-to sh*t and also likes to study and read random things on Wikipedia.
SWIM is not going to lie, roaming around through Wikipedia is also one of his favorite pastimes on Kratom and assorted opiates.
Old 30-06-2010, 04:57
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
angela20377 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bliss View Post
SWIM is not going to lie, roaming around through Wikipedia is also one of his favorite pastimes on Kratom and assorted opiates.

ohh amen to that, swim loves wikipedia safaris when on opiates or kratom
Old 09-06-2012, 02:04
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
Mr Gregoire is an unknown quantity at this point

i love to watch movies when i take kratom. specifically crime movies (i love rooting for the bad guys) and super hero movies (watchmen). I also enjoy watching emotional movies, dramas, not romances. the number one thing i watch while on kratom is documentaries and the number one documentary was called "Senna" it was amazing and moved me to both tears of sorrow and joy.

movies son!
Old 13-06-2012, 22:09

36 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Drobium is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Kratom is an amazing dream potentiator and has enabled me to go deeply into the world of lucid dreaming and astral travel.
I find that , not only does Kratom make you dream more vividly, but you're able to recollect them easier and also able to rejoin them after waking up to go to the toilet or something.
Before I go to sleep, I usually take around 6-8g of leaf.
This then starts to kick in at the moment of dropping into deep sleep and give you a sort of slight 'jolt' which makes your get intense bursts of colour and images.
It also enables me to realize I'm dreaming and thus, brings on a lucid dream.
I find that sleep in itself is amazing with Kratom, once you get used to the jolting effects.

Any physical labour is make easier and also the recovery time after exhersions is lessened.

Love it!
Old 21-06-2012, 20:05
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
Fanatexe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

SWIM wasn't really the book smarts kind of person in high school, he was rather lazy about learning, but since out of school he has found out one of his favorite things to do while on Bali or Maeng Da is to go and sit down at the local library, (kinda cool because it looks like a train station inside) and for some reason the quiet serenity he gets from taking kratom is even more peaceful when in the library with many other people but everything is still quiet, try it sometime. Go sit down at your library and just get lost in books, it makes for a rather peaceful day when SWIM is off work.

Post Quality Evaluations:
for promoting a valuable, free and often overlooked service
Old 23-06-2012, 00:56

Male from United States
Pine93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I tried my first dose recently and i would say walking, conversation, and nodding out to music were all good.
Old 23-06-2012, 05:24

33 y/o Male from United States
psychoanomaly should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%

I've been using kratom on and off for a few years, and have found it to be one of the most beneficial and versatile herbs around.

I should start by saying that kratom is best used in moderation! Just like anything else, abusing this remarkable substance only leads to problems!

So:

1. Studying/reading/writing. Kratom boosts my interest in just about everything. I love to read and write on kratom. Whether it be non-fiction or fiction, kratom definitely enhances this side of myself.

2. Music. Listening to music on kratom is pretty great. It's not quite as awesome as cannabis, but it's definitely very enjoyable. Kratom is particularly good for writing music, in fact... it's probably the best substance I've tried in this respect.

3. Walking and thinking about life. Kratom energizes me, and one of my favorite things to under it's influence is talk a nice walk and sort through different aspects of my life. This is one of kratom's most beneficial effects. It allows me to think about every area of my life, the good and the bad, and create solutions. It generally just allows me to sort my life out. Thoughts flow smoothly, and I feel brave, optimistic, and analytical, which really allows for some powerful introspection.

4. Socializing. Kratom destroys most of my social anxiety, and allows me to see past my social neurosis. Human interaction is always immensely satisfying. Empathy is greatly enhanced at times, and often a kratom session with a friend can allow us to tread on new ground and break through old boundaries.

5. Combining with psychedelics. Kratom combines EXTREMELY well with mushrooms. I've had some of my best psychedelic experiences with the kratom/mushroom combo. It's by far the best thing I have ever mixed with psychedelics.

6. House cleaning/reorganizing. Kratom makes me want to CLEAN! Sometimes I'll take some Thai, and just go to town and clean the entire house, rearrange furniture, organize desks, ect. It's great.

7. Movies. Kratom is great for seeing movies, probably my favorite substance for such occasions. Unlike classic opiates, it doesn't dull emotion, and unlike psychedelics (marijuana included), it doesn't cause much anxiety. I'm actually going to see Prometheus on some Bali in a few days!

That's about all that comes to mind at the moment.

I can't stress enough how important it is to CONTROL YOUR USE with kratom! Some people don't have serious WD symptoms from kratom, though others definitely do. Kratom is a wonderful, good leaf, and deserves respect just like every other entheogen. Respect the kratom, and it shall respect you back!

psychoanomaly added 6 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Two more!

8. Philosophizing. Just as kratom is excellent for introspection, it is also great for all other kinds of thinking! I love to walk around and think about the cosmos on kratom, it is by far one of my favorite activities!

9. Enjoying nature. Kratom is superb for expeditions into the wild. Unfortunately I do not get out into the forest very often, as it's a good drive away, but when I do... WOW! Kratom just opens my mind and heart, intensifies my senses, and boosts my mind. It is wonderful in almost every situation.

Last edited by psychoanomaly; 23-06-2012 at 05:24. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-06-2012, 20:22

Male from Canada
MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.MachoManSavage is captain of the psychonauts.

I think the most enjoyable thing to do on kratom is to play video games. My OCD kicks in (in a positive way) and video games and related activities become very enjoyable. I like beating games, comparing them, basically the nerd in me explodes.

When I first started taking it, I perfered going to nice places and talking to friends. But I guess after the effects started dulling on me a bit, is when I started doing it more in my room and enjoying the nerd side of me more.
Old 24-06-2012, 21:15
Silver Member

Male from United States
Sovereignty is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Kratom is one of SWIM's wonder-plants, with a special place in his heart along with MJ and a few exceptional others. Kratom is a "go time" plant, in that while a plant like MJ gives SWIM insight into his own depression and anxiety during solitary grace periods, kratom gives SWIM the confidence he needs when it is needed. It seems to remind SWIM that socializing isn't an act in service of the other person(s), but rather a personal experience, thereby allowing him to use his own neuroticism as a means of motivation in communicating with others. Use empathy to learn what you can because you are who your are and if anyone has a problem with it, fuck em. A healthy form of temporary apathy.
Old 24-06-2012, 21:54
Silver Member

Male from Earth
thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 271, Level: 2 Points: 271, Level: 2 Points: 271, Level: 2
Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6%

My FOAFOAF enjoys many activities while enjoying the effects of kratom:

Favorite being playing music. While he says it doesn't have as great of an effect as mj, he says that he is more creative and patient which are both great for music.

Second favorite for him is playing ps3 games...his favorite at the moment is NBA 2k12. Makes the experience more enjoyable and more "real" feeling. Makes the graphics look more intense and gameplay easier

Another great activity is sex. He states that it makes sexual activity more enjoyable by causing more sensations and greater sense of feeling in the sexual organs.

All around fantastic substance that is useful for everyday life activities and after work activities.
Old 21-07-2012, 20:19

Male from United States
Pine93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Just thought i'd add that kratom has helped swim cut down drinking from 6 days/week to 3 days/week (and lower amounts) as well as remove the need for valium at all. (used to take 10-15 mg twice a week now use purely for recreation about 15mg every two weeks)

Share this on:

Tags
kratom, things to do

» New Threads
Opiate and benzos withdrawal...
Last post by Dawn Godess
22 Replies, 1,140 Views
More likely to get blitzed when...
Last post by OTC Junkie
4 Replies, 90 Views
Cocaine, drug for the rich?...
Last post by ianzombie