Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 17-11-2005, 06:24

33 y/o Male
Emperiorjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 344, Level: 2 Points: 344, Level: 2 Points: 344, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
What's stronger than Xanax (Alprazolam)?

My doc put me on some Xanax and it isn;t working the the stuff is just
too weak for me. I took 7 bars(14mg) today and it barely did any thing .

IIs there a Benzo out there that is stronger then Xanax if so please feel to tell me

Old 17-11-2005, 06:31
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,449, Level: 12 Points: 7,449, Level: 12 Points: 7,449, Level: 12
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Wow! 14mg for your first day? There's no way your doctor recommended
that.

Do you have a massive benzo tolerance already, or do you have a totally
bizzare response to Xanax? 14mg is a massive amount. Starting doses
for anxiety or sleep are .5-1mg. Xanax is pretty damn strong, as benzos
go, so if you're being truthful about that dose, I think you should seek a
different class of drug.Edited by: radiometer
Old 17-11-2005, 07:37
AKA Miss Methylene

26 y/o
pharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way uppharmapsyche is on the way up
Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4 Points: 962, Level: 4

I defiantly agree with everything 'radiometer' posted above. There is no possible way a doctor prescribed 14mg. of Alprazolam (xanax) to you, so i'm assuming you took more than your prescribed doseagefor recreational use. What is the illness that you are useing Alprazolam for, sleeping/anxiety? Benzodiazepines are known to have a strong abuse potential along with strong withdrawl concerns. Alprazolam is one of the stronger benzo's espically when going up against another benzo such as Valium.

But to answer your question, yes there is a stronger benzo, it is Triazolam. Triazolam most commonly prescribed for short-term treatment for insomnia. It's usually prescribed to take once daily at bedtime to help promote sleeping.

I would like to also add that if you were being honest about 14mg of Alprazolam doing nothing to you(which i can't imagine), then benzo.'s are probably not for you, i'd ask my doctor for futher help!
Old 17-11-2005, 13:30

33 y/o Male
Emperiorjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 344, Level: 2 Points: 344, Level: 2 Points: 344, Level: 2
No I took more than the recommeneded dosage which was 1mg. So I
basically did 14 times the recommended dosage and felt basically
nothing. What other types of drugs are out there that works for
anxiety's.
Old 17-11-2005, 19:16
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

the blue letter is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
something is wrong then , if you don't take xanax and ate that much, should knock you out.<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

Old 17-11-2005, 20:13
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
I suggest you discuss this with your doctor, rather than a bunch of
strangers on the internet.

None of us here are licensed health care professionals, we do not know
you personally or the nature of your anxiety problems, and thus can only
guess as to the answer.

It is downright bizarre that you "barely felt" 14mg alprazolam. I'm still
not convinced I believe you. However your intitial post's spelling errors
etc. did have "Xanax-fingers" (anyone who's been on Xanax will know
what I mean) written all over them.Edited by: radiometer
Old 17-11-2005, 21:18

Male from United States
Red_Baran is an unknown quantity at this point
when swim had massive amounts of xanax swim took 5 bars at once and 7 bars through out the hole day, with very little tolernance to benzos (40mg day vailum habbit) and felt nothing xanax does nothing for swim even at a really high dose
Old 25-11-2005, 10:40
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
ihateourfreedom is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Everyones body just has diffrent chemical reactions.
Old 08-12-2005, 22:20

Male
Colby is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 316, Level: 2 Points: 316, Level: 2 Points: 316, Level: 2
14 MG BS. sorry but you would pass out if you took that much, I have taken a lot of Xanax in my day and the most I have ever taken is about 7mg, and that was with tolerance already built up, no way you took 14mg, you would die, or fall into a very, very deep sleep.

Last edited by Nagognog2; 09-12-2005 at 00:35.
Old 10-12-2005, 20:58

33 y/o
ATM is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby
14 MG BS. sorry but you would pass out if you took that much, I have taken a lot of Xanax in my day and the most I have ever taken is about 7mg, and that was with tolerance already built up, no way you took 14mg, you would die, or fall into a very, very deep sleep.
I have to agree with that.
I only need to take 0.5 mg to break an anxiety attack.
1 mg and I'm real fuzzed.

14 mg would be way beyond the point of no return.
Old 10-12-2005, 21:22

27 y/o Male
IHrtHalucingens is on the way upIHrtHalucingens is on the way upIHrtHalucingens is on the way up
Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4
I beg to differ, i have taken 12mg and stayed awake for a few hours enjoying the effects, as it is a high dose i finally did crash and sleep for 18 hours but i would say it is possible for someone who may have a natural tolerance to substances such as these to take 14mg. He prolly felt something just not what you would normally expect from such a high dose. like ihateourfreedom said everyones body is different.
Old 25-12-2005, 06:25

Male
calmascanbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
I'm one that can take 7-8 2mg. bars for just releif and 4 hours later do it again . The only thing is I can''t do it every day . I use valium in between xanax use because I gain a tolerence very quickly. But on the other hand if this was the first time on xanax 1 or 2 mg. should have worked for you. I can't see taking ,for the first time, 14mg. and not noticing anything. You might have gotten expired or just a bad batch if they were generic.Other than that I also have a problem with the story. Sorry if I'm wrong.
Old 27-12-2005, 17:20

37 y/o Male
scotty6435 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Gotta be either BS or placebos
Old 26-02-2007, 07:27

43 y/o Male
benzoaddict should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Re: WHats stronger than Xanx?

swim cant even remember when he had no tolerance anymore. When he did, 14mg of alprazolam would have seriously fucked me up. Now swim can take 20mg and feel nothing more than slight stress relief, sometimes not even that. Xanax is a funny drug, after enough abuse it isnt even tolerance anymore, its simply immunity. Swim is immune to the medicinal benefits of xanax now, od and probably death would occur from toxic shock before any real anti-anxiety effect could ever take place again. If swiy can really take 14mg with no real effect on your first dose, I would never, ever take xanax again. Like I said, its a funny drug, not cut and dry like valium, its very unpredictable. I love the drug, and I hate it too. In reality xanax should have never made it to market. It is quite possibly the worst drug out there right now. Cocaine, heroin, meth, there are a lot of hard kicks out there. But talk about being bogue, try coming off a long term, high dose xanax habit.
Old 26-02-2007, 07:35

43 y/o Male
benzoaddict should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

Oh Im sorry swim forgot to answer swiy question, what will work better than 14 mg of xanax for you? swiy doesnt even need to search for controlled substances, its even easier than that. Just get swiy a 5lb sledge hammer and knock the fuck right out of your forhead, should only take one blow to get the effect your looking for. Its gonna rock dude! You wont remember shit.

Post Quality Evaluations:
It'll be a hell of a time! Great advice lol
This is appalling advice. Even if you doubt OPs claim, this is no way to respond to someone on an Adult Harm Reduction forum
Old 26-02-2007, 18:08
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
Wyborowa is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 311, Level: 2 Points: 311, Level: 2 Points: 311, Level: 2

If 14mg's did shit, then yu should not take any anxiety drug from the benzo family, Try buspar. the 1st few weeks are kinda irritating, but in the end it works, and the addiction potential for buspar is slim to none. (someone correct swim if swim is wrong)
Old 26-02-2007, 22:22
Palladium Member

Male from United States
allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.
Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: What's stronger than Xanax?

ativan is roughly as strong as xanax but has a 4 hour longer plasma bonding half life. However if you were SWIY to try abusing it the way SWIY is abusing xanax SWIY will be very ill. klonopin is roughly half the strength of xanax and nearly twice the half life. however if youre taking 14 mg a day Id suggest rehab be SWIY's next stop.
Old 27-02-2007, 03:38
bananadine addict

Male from United States

I don't think the original poster is waiting for an answer 15 months later. Taking a look, he hasn't even been to this forum for a year.
Old 27-02-2007, 04:17
Titanium Member

Male
csharpprogrammer is a decent psychonaut.csharpprogrammer is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 509, Level: 3 Points: 509, Level: 3 Points: 509, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzoaddict View Post
Oh Im sorry swim forgot to answer swiy question, what will work better than 14 mg of xanax for you? swiy doesnt even need to search for controlled substances, its even easier than that. Just get swiy a 5lb sledge hammer and knock the fuck right out of your forhead, should only take one blow to get the effect your looking for. Its gonna rock dude! You wont remember shit.
First let me laugh at that, lol.

The person who wrote that they took 14 mg of alprazolam and didn't feel anything probably wasn't lying. He probably looked fucked up, but didn't feel it(SWIM had a similiar experience while on Xanax). On the other hand, SWIM has ingested a 30 bottle of 0.5 mg clonazepam and felt a little tired but thats it.
Old 27-02-2007, 11:37
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
Wyborowa is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 311, Level: 2 Points: 311, Level: 2 Points: 311, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyourbase View Post
ativan is roughly as strong as xanax but has a 4 hour longer plasma bonding half life. However if you were SWIY to try abusing it the way SWIY is abusing xanax SWIY will be very ill. klonopin is roughly half the strength of xanax and nearly twice the half life. however if youre taking 14 mg a day Id suggest rehab be SWIY's next stop.
xanax is = to klonopin, in strength, jus check the benzo chartss...
Old 28-02-2007, 01:42
bananadine addict

Male from United States

"Benzo charts" come in many flavors. Some say alprazolam and clonazepam are roughly equipotent, and some say that alprazolam is about twice the potency of clonazepam. SWIM finds the action of both to be different enough from one another, in his body at least, that it is difficult to draw a direct comparison.
Old 11-03-2007, 21:07

43 y/o Male
Sickpup is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

I believe the king of all benzos is Versed.They actually dispense it from local pharmacys as a c-4,with auto-injector.Believe its for at home emergency seizure thing.If you can find a doc that will write it let me know so a can make an appt. and plane reservation.
Old 20-03-2007, 07:16
Silver Member

Male from United States
laws0n is a decent psychonaut.laws0n is a decent psychonaut.

isnt 1mg of Ruphonal (sp?) = 10mg of xanax. Even though it is illegal it is still stronger
Old 20-03-2007, 08:52
Platinum Member

Male from Netherlands
Psych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline Medline
Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickpup View Post
I believe the king of all benzos is Versed.They actually dispense it from local pharmacys as a c-4,with auto-injector.Believe its for at home emergency seizure thing.If you can find a doc that will write it let me know so a can make an appt. and plane reservation.
SWIM got a box of Dormicum, IIRC they don't use Dormicum outside hospitals in the U.S., but they are prescribed in several Europian countries, like SWIMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laws0n View Post
isnt 1mg of Ruphonal (sp?) = 10mg of xanax. Even though it is illegal it is still stronger
SWIY probaply means Rohypnol(flunitrazepam)this is also legally prescribed in most Europian countries, though only in very rare cases due to it's notority as a rape drug in the medical comunity.

Edit: forgot to mention, 1mg of flunitrazepam isn't equal to 10mg of alprazolam, probaply more something like 1mg flunitrazepam = 0,5/1mg alprazolam

Last edited by Psych0naut; 20-03-2007 at 14:02.
Old 21-03-2007, 00:10

43 y/o Male
Sickpup is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Dormicum and Flormidal are oral midazolam.Those two a like a heavy halcion,and are not available in the US. Versed is liquid injectable US made,available in the US benzo.Its mostly used by hospitals and dentists.It is scriptable,but its rarely written.Believe its used by caregivers to treat siezures.

It also goes by the street name Dazzle.

But SWIM must stress VERSED is IV midazolam ,US made,available in the US.Any who has ever been administered versed,or who works with it,can attest to its potency.

Share this on:

Tags
alprazolam, anxiety, benzo, date rape, dormicum, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, flunitrazepam, halcion, lexotanil, triazolam, xanax