Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Ethnobotanicals Psychedelic plants, Iboga, Calea, Blue lotus, Ephedra, Sinicuichi, Betel nut, etc.

Old 16-11-2005, 22:24
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

troutcomplex is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Well, moving to a new area makes it hard to score ... sooooo, I've ordered some Lion's Tail (Leonotis leonuris) and will share with you my experience when it comes.

What have people found is the 'legal high' most similar to dear, dear marijuana?

What about 'marijuanilla?'
Old 19-11-2005, 20:41

Well, Lion's Tail / Lion's Ear / Wild Dagga Flowers / Leonotis leonuris ... doesn't do too much. I'm still hopeful (since I bought a Z) but thus far two uses have yielded not much more than the oxygen deprivation one expects to get from smoking. It does NOT taste too bad ... just doesn't do anything as yet. I'm going to give it a few more tries- remember MJ takes a few tries before something happens, sooooo ....
Old 25-11-2005, 05:57

Mr. Pissmister is an unknown quantity at this point
Lion's Ear is the other one, <strong style="font-weight: normal;">L. Nepetifolia.

Try an alcohol extraction, highest proof you can get

[/b]
Old 27-11-2005, 23:29

Thanks for the reply. I noticed that the species name was different. I haven't been able to find much info specifically on L. nepetifolia, just on L. leonuris. I got it from "XXXXXXXXXXXXX" which came across as reputable, ... did they sub something inferior? I haven't gotten around to trying to smoke it again.

I'd be happy to do an alcohol extraction, esp. if it works.... I don't know how, though. By that I mean, I've seen reports of people simply plopping it in wine, etc and then drinking the wine. Problem is, I *really* can't drink alcohol - talk about a nasty drug!

Do NOT list sources.

Last edited by Nagognog2; 11-12-2005 at 02:59.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:07

37 y/o Male from United States
panchovilla should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 190, Level: 2 Points: 190, Level: 2 Points: 190, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
L. nepetifolia and leonuris are magnificent plants to grow in the garden.

Last edited by panchovilla; 06-03-2007 at 18:30.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:21
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Pinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
troutcomplex - sources are not allowed outside of the sources forum.

Also, although there are many legal herbs that are great as their own substance, you will not find anything at all similar to marijuana.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:26

I wonder if this has anything to do with the nectar being present. Just because the flowers are fresh, and even if they are on the plant does not mean they have nectar. I remeber reading about Leonotis growing in Africa exuding some sticky ass nectar and if I remeber right this is when they harvest it.

Last edited by panchovilla; 06-03-2007 at 18:31.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:53
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Pinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPACPinkavvy must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9 Points: 4,095, Level: 9
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
I have and do, and though it is very enjoyable, the high is nothing similar to marijuana at all.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:08

removed because I don't think that it was necessary

Last edited by panchovilla; 06-03-2007 at 18:29.
Old 11-12-2005, 20:29

Male from Earth
Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.
Enhanced by alcohol

I agree, wild dagga does seem to have a far greater effect while drinking. It also seems to have a far greater effect when smoked with a group of friends, hence the Hottentots using it for dance ceremonies etc. A social smoke indeed.

Other plants with potential for Cannabis alternatives include Kanna (large doses of Kanna smoked) Blue lotus, Large doses of Lagochillum, Pedicularis, Maconha brava (possibly), Baybean (possibly).

Last edited by Thirdedge; 07-03-2008 at 06:09.
Old 11-12-2005, 23:53

Sorry about listing the online source. I *am* evil, you know.

I think I got L. leonuris and not L. nepetifolia, based on how it looks. Orange tubular flowers. This time I soaked a shload in some alcohol - I used sherry, it was the only thing I had around. Again, precisely nothing.

More recently, I've tried a tincture made from the seeds of the Nymphaea caerulea plant "Sacred Blue Lily" and ... nuttin. Squat.

I've *also* tried some Mitragyna speciosa / Kratom made into a tea. I *think* I got a vague buzz from that, so next time I'm simply going to double up the dose I used.

It seems like it's feast or famine. I know salvinorum can blow your doors off, and SWIM has also used Hawiian baby wood rose seeds on four occasions - two of the BEST trips ever ... and two of the worst.

All I can suggest is legalize IT.
Old 22-04-2006, 02:38

Male from Earth
Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.Thirdedge really knows their shit.
Scutellaria nana (dwarf skullcap) is claimed by some to be close.

An extract of this may prove interesting. A mix of this extract and extracts of some of the above mentioned plants may come close.
Old 22-04-2006, 08:45

Male from Norway
shamantra is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
dwarf skullcap is strong but nothing like weed, neither do I think other alternatives mentioned here is close either. in my long search for botanicals I have never found a plant that can be concideret to be a mj alternative and i have tried many. opium comes closest but is very diffrent.
Old 26-04-2006, 03:28

Male from Earth
I agree, but there are many plants that have one or more things in common with weed. I believe extracting the individual chemicals responsible for these effects, and then combining them is whats needed to produce a true weed alternative. Of course not all chemicals will work in harmony, there is much experimenting to be done . . .
Old 26-04-2006, 13:55

Male
genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.genaro really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,458, Level: 5 Points: 1,458, Level: 5 Points: 1,458, Level: 5
I believe there's NO herb with similar effect to marijuana (THC has quite a unique effect)....now if what you're searching for is an herb providing a mild high when smoked then there are plenty of these: about any ethnobotanical will provide a mild high when smoked as a joint. Some are very mild, some are a bit stronger but from my personal experience I havn't found any ethnobotanical providing a high as strong as marijuana when smoked until now (most are weaker & less "happy"), exepting salvia leaves but these provide a high which is absolutely not close to marijuana (salvia as a joint is clearly not relaxing, unlike marijuana/hash)
I doubt one would ever find a marijuana substitute which is both as intense, relaxing and happy as marijuana is.
I think that any smoked ethnobotanicals are more suitable for achieving relaxation (or as meditation aids) rather than for achieving a high.
Old 26-04-2006, 21:26
Titanium Member

27 y/o Female
Urban is a decent psychonaut.Urban is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 416, Level: 3 Points: 416, Level: 3 Points: 416, Level: 3
Swim has tried many herbs... including
Damiana, Passionflower, Skullcap, Catmint, Lobelia inflata, Wild Opium Lettuce and Calea zacatechichi

Swim is a regular marijuana smoker... and has tried many different drugs! in her experience.... ALL these herbs created very little or no high! Swim was very disappointed by all of them! the only legal herb worth smoking, in swims oppinion is Salvia... but it is nothing like marijuana!

x
Old 27-04-2006, 05:08

Male from Earth
List of plants having similar psychoactive effects

While the majority of these are much milder, they are probably the closest alternative herbs yet discovered. I have mentioned before that I believe a mix of extracts of these or similar herbs could hold much potential, also of interest is many of the ingredients of Spice (a New Zealand product which in my opinion comes very close to Cannabis) can be found in this list.

Alchornea floribunda root

Argemone mexicana Argemone mexicaine leaves

Artemisia mexicana herb

Calea zacatechichi Zacatechichi herb

Canavalia maritima leaves

Catharanthus roseus Pervenche de Madagascar leaves

Cecropia mexicana Chancarro leaves

Cestrum parqui Palqui leaves

Cymbogon densiflorus flower's extract

Helichrysum foetidum herb

Hieracium pilocella herb

Leonitis leonorus Wild dagga herb

Leonorus sibiricus Agripaume de Sibérie herb

Nepeta cateria Catnip herb

Piper auritum Gold pepper leaves

Sceletium tortuosum Sceletium herb

Sida acuta herb

Turnera diffusa Damiana herb

Zornia latifolia Maconha brava leaves
Old 25-05-2006, 05:55

Male from Earth
Cocoa contains anandamine, which is said to be a THC like euphoriant. Could this be extracted and smoked?
Old 18-10-2010, 17:28
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Australia
twitehell messenger is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1
Re: Most Similar herb to Herb (MJ)

if the reson was having to cease smoking weed or to hard to come by.......

ive been told by joe indian tobacco (lobelia inflata) has a very similar taste to tobacco yet produces a very noticable relaxiing effects,it is one joe has only recently started using. great for a smoking blend. joe mixed a small amount of datura seeds (not enough for any serious danger to overdose just to contribute with the other ingredents), wormwood(artemisia absinthium) and a small amount of cebil seeds with the indian tobacco. the taste was not bad (could be improved by various nice tasting/smelling herbs).
but if it is the time of year why not just have poppys or gold tops in the weed off season......

if you are looking for a more exciting high than weed there are plenty out there....

hope yas get the chance to try the recepie

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, alcohol extraction, blue lotus, calea, cannabis, catmint, cocaine, dagga, hash, kanna, legal bud, marijuana, skullcap, smoking catnip, spice, tea, weed, wild dagga

» New Threads
Diphenhydramine Experiences:...
Last post by C11H15
462 Replies, 128,090 Views
how much weight have you lost...
Last post by aivolkovo
0 Replies, 1 Views
Worst Tasting Drug
Last post by humdroid
458 Replies, 59,098 Views
Hear voices every time take...
Last post by humdroid