Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 29-06-2005, 23:30
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

TokeToke is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Benzodiazepines and Marijuana

With weed what effect do you get when taking Xanax or any other Benzoos?

Thanks,

TT
Old 30-06-2005, 02:14
Iridium Member

Male from Denmark
sterling77 is captain of the psychonauts.sterling77 is captain of the psychonauts.sterling77 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 356, Level: 3 Points: 356, Level: 3 Points: 356, Level: 3
SWIM has heard some good things about this combo. It really adds
to the chill effect and in my opinion is very synergistic because it
helps eliminate the paranoia of weed, the worst part about it.

Only negative I can think of is that they both mess with your memory so
don't do this combination if you have school or demanding work the next
day. You get the idea

Old 30-06-2005, 04:04
Gold Member

Male from Netherlands
BlueMystic is captain of the psychonauts.BlueMystic is captain of the psychonauts.BlueMystic is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 814, Level: 4 Points: 814, Level: 4 Points: 814, Level: 4
Have noticed them both (herb & benzo's)synergize very well. When I smoke herb while on benzo's I get very mellow and happy. Even get an almost energetic buzz towards the beginning of the expereince. Before the heavyness of the tranq's kicks in.... I also get very motivated and creative on this combination. I don't think many get these effects from this combo, but I do.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:58

Male from United States
jesusfreak666er is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4
ooo i love the combo, this is a also something i orignally experimented with because one my friends got real anxious when he blazed, and it pissed everyone else off so we would slip him klonopins or put it in the bowl.... we told him, he wasnt mad, myself i love it as long the weed you smoke is a deffinate downer, some strains of weed almost give you a slight upper feeling, when i take benzos (klonopin or xanax) with my weed it makes the physical high (body high) much more intense... such as many thai weeds have strong body highs almost shroomish in feeling but milder of course, with a weed like that a xanax bar or 2 or 3...... is great!
Old 17-07-2005, 11:05
Silver Member

Male from Canada
skitz0frantic is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1
Yeah man I love this combo too. I've tried valium + weed and klonopin + weed. For me, its not a high you want if your starting you day, and going somewhere, cuz it really chills me out. Zero to no paranoia with this combo. its sweet, all i gotta say. Would any1 know the safety factors behind mixing these two together, benzos and marijuana? thx
Old 16-11-2005, 13:36
Gold Member

Male from United States
Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.
Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8
Valium (Diazepam) + Marijuana

So SWIM was just perscribed valium. SWIM only took it once before, so this
time SWIM only took 5mg (very low dose) and then smoked 2 bowls. It was
the best high SWIM ever had. Usually SWIM gets a little anti social and
nervous after smoking, but this was the complete opposite! SWIM felt good,
relaxed and could think clearly. SWIM was talking up a storm, too.
Anyway, great combo and I will be doing this again many many times.

Last edited by Nahbus; 24-04-2006 at 15:05.
Old 16-11-2005, 23:36
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

So if you were "just prescribed" Valium (and are therefore presumably Benzo Naive) then 5mg is not such a "very low dose". Where SWIM is 2mg tds (3 X daily) is a standard dose for anxiety in the short term. Valium (and other benzos) are great: They make you feel relaxed, cocooned, walm, calm, etc. etc. They can also reduce the threshold at which you hallucinate with dope. They are also (as others have pointed out in other threads) great at dealing with the unwanted effects of stimulants.

However...

For SWIM, they are just too good to have around. SWIM has never had a benzo habit but she has had several points in her life when she has thought "This is too easy, I'm not going to take them for a while".Benzo's are very easy to have around, they're very easy to take when you feel wired, or need to sleep or because they seem to enhance the effects of other drugs. They can also be very problematic (= dangerous) with alcohol.

Try not to do Valium "many, many times"

Peace and Love

Old 17-11-2005, 12:22
Banned

28 y/o Male
bonghed is heading for the Darwin Award.bonghed is heading for the Darwin Award.
Well i just started gettin vallies (diazepam) i have NO tollerance and when stoned 3 or 4 will knock me out, (5mg each) i took 10 overall last night and got knocked out twice, so maybe 5 or 10 mg is enough for you now (mixed with pot and maybe a glass of wine or something
Old 17-11-2005, 13:50
Gold Member

Male from United States
Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.
Yeah, I do have really bad social anxiety, though. It's hard because I
do like to abuse drugs but at the same time the lower doses help me
with my anxiety. It rids me of my restless body, paranoid thoughts, and
allows me to talk to people with ease.

I'm only allowing myself 10mg a day so I don't run out. Hopefully all goes well.

Old 22-11-2005, 04:23

darksolovely should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
This reminds me of a no-no I did- I railed 15 mg of a Morphine pill and then smoked a bowl, I lost my vision for like 50 seconds and was trippin.. I've got to try the val thing tho..
Old 25-11-2005, 10:36
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
ihateourfreedom is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Rescently swim ate 2 10's after drinking about 5 drinks then after
about 3 more drinks snorted another 10, It was OK. they havea
lower tolerance to opiates i guess. they expected some kind of euhporia
but all they got was a relaxed state and drunk. Getting out of bed the
next day was hard as fuck.. and oh yea.. diaezepam aparently lasts a
long time on a regular dose.. so they are probly going to be in this
calmed state for a few days. guess since they dont suffer any kind of
anxiety or stress that benzos are just boring.

Old 11-12-2005, 21:53
Silver Member

Male
BorisB is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Seconded, everyone I have polled agrees Valium and Marijuana make a wonderful combination.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:45

27 y/o Male
IHrtHalucingens is on the way upIHrtHalucingens is on the way upIHrtHalucingens is on the way up
Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4 Points: 700, Level: 4
As does bud and xanax, last night i took 8mgs of xanax ans smoked like 4 bowls, i felt amazing, way better than with each alone.
Old 15-12-2005, 13:01

Jeyez is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
i love to mix benzos and weed, even in small quantitys for that reason im somewhat anxious and anti social when blazed. but if i take a xanibar or a few klonapins (im prescibed librium now sucks, but used to get klonapin and ativans) i feel great, i dont like to use too much benzo with weed cuz then i just get too tired.... I have high tolerance so I'll take maybe 15-20 mg of klonapin and smoke a few bowls, or maybe a xanibar (for some reason I'm sensative to lipid soluable benzos like xanax and valium) or maybe 10mg of valium... its great
Old 08-02-2006, 16:54

Male
calmascanbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
I have to agree that some bud with xanax ( after a tolerance has built up) . It can inhance the euphoria when xanax doesn't work as well as it used to. On a few occasions after taking xanax and being let down with the affects a couple tokes can really kick it in.
Old 28-02-2006, 12:45
Iridium Member

Male
Creeping Death is captain of the psychonauts.Creeping Death is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 1,555, Level: 6 Points: 1,555, Level: 6 Points: 1,555, Level: 6
I like to do about 15 mg of valium along with a few shots of good whiskey. Then smoke alot of hash. It feels almost like you're floating on some morphine, great combination. I did this two days ago. Lasted all afternoon, and i fell asleep like a baby. The next morning (14 hours after i took it) i woke up still fucked up.

And it lasted a good 1.5 hours of that day before i started coming down. I dont understand the fuss about benzos and alcohol. I always drink a few shots to make the benzo stronger.
Old 28-02-2006, 18:18
Psychedelic Shepherdess

Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
The "fuss" about benzos and alcohol is that they both can cause respiratory depression, and when combined have an synergistic effect. Most benzo users do combine the two, but SWIM will always stress that this is a potentially LIFE THREATENING situation: You're talking choking on your own vomit territory.

Harm Reduction
Old 02-03-2006, 07:24

Male
JewishNazi is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Seeing as there is only minimal (if any0 respitory supression wih ketamine at a reacreational dose, would it be ok to have some K after some valium and weed?
Old 02-03-2006, 21:10
Psychedelic Shepherdess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishNazi
Seeing as there is only minimal (if any0 respitory supression wih ketamine at a reacreational dose, would it be ok to have some K after some valium and weed?
SWIM was talking to an anaesthetist about ketamine today: He was of the opinion that ket causes quite a bit more respiratory depression than it's given credit for. She's only done ket a couple of times (and is therefore is by no means an expert) and can therefore offer no comment. Except:

"Recreational by what route?"

Ketamine definitely does cause incremental resp depression, particularly by im/iv route. She would be of the opinion that 2 resp depressants are asking for trouble.
Old 03-03-2006, 00:11
Gold Member

29 y/o Male from United States
jduba is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2
benzos and weed are a great couple! Many poeples favorites but swim suggest temazepams and weed they are realllllllly nice

Last edited by jduba; 01-04-2006 at 21:19.
Old 30-03-2006, 02:41

27 y/o Male from Australia
kritikal is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2
SWIM finds that benzo effects only come on to him when he smokes Bud.

Alcohol does nothing but make him feel drunk and a slight feeling of the benzos.

Weed + Benzos Makes him totally blissed out. Swim has an anxiety + Panic Disorder and even with his anti anxiety med Weed gives him terrible anxiety.

When he has some benzos and some weed, he is the most relaxed he has ever been! No anxiety at all! A totally great euphoria. Kinda reminds him of the first time he started smoking weed

Oh on respiratory depression, SWIM has had Temazes, Vals, Oxys, Propoxyphene, Alcohol, Codeine, Weed all that the same time. And still breathed to tell the tale. SWIM breathes the same as he would anyother time!
Old 19-04-2006, 14:20
Gold Member

Male from Earth
Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,505, Level: 5 Points: 1,505, Level: 5 Points: 1,505, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
A friend is think of trying this combo out tonight either 10 or 15mgs, he's still not decided, without a tolerance is 15mgs too much for his first experiment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritikal
Oh on respiratory depression, SWIM has had Temazes, Vals, Oxys, Propoxyphene, Alcohol, Codeine, Weed all that the same time. And still breathed to tell the tale.
Yea and some people have been shot in the head and lived to tell the tale, still doesn't mean it's safe.

Last edited by Sky Walker; 23-03-2010 at 14:31.
Old 24-04-2006, 11:53
Gold Member

Male from United States
I would think with no tolerance 15mg + some pot will do SWIY very very good
I don't think it's too much. If anything you'll get a bit sleepy, but SWIY should feel quite nice.
Old 24-04-2006, 16:33
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
xprŽk is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2
Personally i wouldnt recommend this combo to chronic weed smokers, it really enhances your high and you'll end up craving the combo high each time you just get stoned.
benzo's are seriously addictive, take this into carefull concideration when you start doing this.
Swim only smokes weed like once a month, but since he discovered xanax he wont even think about smoking weed alone.

Post Quality Evaluations:
very good advice. it's good to see someone mention the high addictive potential of benzos, here.
Good point
Old 13-05-2008, 22:13

Male
buddy4002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Lorazepam (ativan) and marijuana's effect on health?

SWIM has been doing some research on if there is any health risk when taking lorazepam and marijuana. So far there has been limited information on this subject. SWIM has only found that marijuana could slightly increase the effects of other drugs but SWIM wants to know if there is any serious risk. SWIM knows the danger of mixing alcohol and benzo's but does smoking possibly create a similar interaction?

SWIM is prescribed 1.5mg of lorazepam and also enjoys toking daily. If anyone has any further information it would be appreciated.

Share this on:

Tags
alprazolam, alprazolam high, benadryl, benzodiazepine combination, cannabis, marijuana, visuals