Register Tags

Notices

Old 15-06-2010, 03:51
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Earth
.:.Somnolence.:. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Smoking, or Eating. Whats the better high?

Swim loves drinking fresh pod tea and then vaporizing a bit of raw O while the tea kicks in. What is better in your opinion, smoking or eating? swim likes the drinking it because it lasts so long but smoking O in a meth pipe is just so nice and pleasen. I've never tried actually just eating a pill of opium. Also, Does it take more opium to get high off smoking, as compared to just eating it? swim is concerned whether swim should spend more time scraping pods for smokeable O, or more time making laudanum from pods and Raw O. peace
Old 15-06-2010, 05:05
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
mrpeppercorn is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Re: Smoking, or Eating. Whats the better high?

its going to take more than it would smoking to eat/drink, however the duration will be longer

mrpeppercorn added 27 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

smoking is more intense, oral is more chill

Post Quality Evaluations:
informative

Last edited by mrpeppercorn; 15-06-2010 at 05:05. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15-06-2010, 07:09

23 y/o Male from United States
HippiesRule420 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1

swim has ALWAYS hated eating O or drinking poppy tea. swim loves smoking opium, it's a much more intense, shorter high. kinda like snorting, as both RoA hit you quick.
Old 16-06-2010, 03:20
Gold Member

Male from USA - Pennsylvania
bcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,765, Level: 7 Points: 2,765, Level: 7 Points: 2,765, Level: 7
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Lizard likes smoking the O, partly from the sense of accomplishment: opium that can be properly chased on foil is a bit of work, when starting from pods!

On a more ominus note, he finds that smoked opium is more likely to cause cravings, after the fact. (All routes of admin are physically addictive, but he noticed a definite increase in preoccupation re: opiates shortly after switching to smoking as a ROA.)
Old 30-06-2010, 00:43
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
Mr.Bliss is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1 Points: 108, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

SWIM would say he enjoys eating more then smoking since eating last a lot longer for him. And smoking is more of a rush while eating is more like a soothing relaxing hike in the woods !

Same thing for pods, he likes to eat the grounds straight up rather then making a tea so he's like high all day.
Old 30-06-2010, 15:09
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Earth
.:.Somnolence.:. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2

zomg... swim vaped opium for the first time in a year yesterday. Was SO good, how swim missed that ancient floral aroma...
Swim likes both but definitly agrees with the gentle man above him "And smoking is more of a rush while eating is more like a soothing relaxing hike in the woods !" hehe.
There truly is nothing better than a good cup of tea, feeling swiy body get heavy then smoking a lil bowl of the raw stuff. Drinking the tea is defnitly more a physical feeling.
swim never tried just eating "raw" opium just like that, but would like to. it's so pungent and bitter but when its smoked it tastes completely different and pleasent. weird.
Old 01-01-2014, 18:44
Silver Member

Male from United States
bluenarrative is captain of the psychonauts.bluenarrative is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2
Activity: 22.2% Activity: 22.2% Activity: 22.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcubed View Post
Lizard likes smoking the O, partly from the sense of accomplishment: opium that can be properly chased on foil is a bit of work, when starting from pods!

On a more ominus note, he finds that smoked opium is more likely to cause cravings, after the fact. (All routes of admin are physically addictive, but he noticed a definite increase in preoccupation re: opiates shortly after switching to smoking as a ROA.)
The folks on this thread seem to be talking about using a meth pipe to smoke raw opium (latex)-- which is something that I have never done. My only experience "smoking " opium is with chandu smoked in a traditional Chinese opium pipe.

When a Chinese pipe is used to vaporize "virgin chandu" (first-generation chandu which has had no "dross" added to it) leaves most, if not all of the morphine in the chandu deposited as a residue in the saddle of the pipe. Anybody who might be interested in a detailed explanation of how this works can find ample information about this here on DF. People who like morphine add dross in varying proportions to second - generation chandu. In SE Asia, the addictive qualities of chandu are understood to be in direct proportion to the percentage of dross added to Chandu. Virgin chandu (no dross) is considered to be, at most, only very slightly habit-forming. Such chandu is quite expensive, compared to chandu which has, say, a 5% or 10% admixture of dross in the final product. Somewhat less expensive is chandu with, say, a 2% or 3% admixture of dross-- which are the proportions that go into what most Asians would consider to be "pretty good" chandu. I think that most chandu sold in Asia has a dross content of between maybe 3% to 10% dross-- most Asians seem to like a fairly hefty morphine kick when they smoke opium, but they also recognize that morphine (dross) is highly addictive. The other alkaloids present in chandu are-- according to Asian experiences-- much less problematic, in terms of being addictive. Others would know more about this than me. I am merely reporting what I have heard over and over again from Asians who like to smoke opium in the traditional Chinese manner.

Circumstances and schedules have never allowed me to really binge for days or weeks on first-rate chandu. And I have never felt anything like cravings after I have stopped, much less anything that suggested a developing tolerance or some sort of addictive reaction to this sort of prime chandu. So, I am inclined to think that the Asians are, more or less right about this.

I have sampled chandu with 10% dross added and I did not really like it-- it stupefied me, rather than energized me; it seriously diminished the sublimely sensuous qualities that I associate with chandu; it interfered with my sexual performance; it diminished the social aspects of smoking (smoking opium in the Chinese manner is a very sociable activity); and is generally suboptimal, from my point of view) in several other ways.

But everybody is different.

My point is this: smoking raw opium (or relatively unrefined latex) in a Chinese pipe might be a lot less addictive than using a meth pipe or chasing the dragon. Neither of these techniques allow for the dross to be deposited as a residue-- it all goes right into you, morphine and all. And the morphine tends to then predominate and overwhelm all of the other more subtle and sublime alkaloids present in the opium.

It's something others might want to consider or look into.

For whatever it may be worth, my preference when I am in Asia is aged (I like it aged at least 3 years) virgin chandu. This is by far and away the most expensive chandu that you can buy. And it is not easy to come by. It is sort of a specialty niche market for wealthy connoisseurs. My second choice is fresh virgin chandu. And if neither is available, I will settle for 1% or 2% admixture of dross to my chandu.

Share this on:

Tags
meth, opium, opium effects, raw opium