Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 08:48
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

29 y/o Male from Australia
Knifey is an unknown quantity at this point
How to make poppy seed opium

SWIM has had great success with making flake opium from poppy seed extract. I thought I would tell you SWIM's process since I haven't seen anything quite like it on this forum (quite so easy).

1. blend 240g jar of poppy seeds in 500-1000ml of water with a mixer-stick (or blender i guess though i find it easier with the stick)

2. Strain off liquid with tshirt/rag

3. Put liquid through filter jug with carbon filter

4. Put liquid in dish for 24 hours. After this the sedement should be caked on the bottom and you should be able to just tip/syphon off most of the liquid without disturbing the stuff caked on the bottom. (put remaining liquid in the fridge, in a sealed container)

5. Put a fan/blow heater blowing onto the dish until its dry (SWIM has a heater going anyway because its winter, you could just wait until it dries without a fan).

6. Scrape flake opium off the bottom of the dish, and put into capsules. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the liquid is gone. For me this produced so much I could have OD'd (probably a dozen or more hard packed 00 caps).
Old 14-06-2010, 01:30
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,450, Level: 19 Points: 18,450, Level: 19 Points: 18,450, Level: 19
Activity: 97.2% Activity: 97.2% Activity: 97.2%
Re: How to make poppy seed opium

As opiates are only found on the outside of the seed, there's no reason to be blending the seeds. Not blending will also make it FAR easier to filter out the seeds with a fine mesh, the day of the extraction.

Post Quality Evaluations:
First thing that popped into my head, but you got there first, well said, blending will not improve the amount of opiates which will desolve in the solution.
Very useful information that will make the process simpler.
time saver usefull
Old 14-06-2010, 09:25

SWIM didn't have any trouble with potency of the end product and blending them was a sure fire way of giving them a thorough wash. SWIM has done it both ways and prefers to blend as it is a quicker process overall as it has more sediment so you can tip off and dry the sludge without having to evap the whole batch.

Knifey added 5 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

SWIM would actually go so far as to say you can't give them a thorough wash without blending them. SWIM gets more morphine out of the seeds garunteed every time. But SWIM is a cheap bastard and wants to get the most morphine out of the poppy seeds he can regardless of diluting the end product. So you can make up your mind which you prefer.

Last edited by Knifey; 14-06-2010 at 09:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-09-2011, 09:41

23 y/o Male from United States
swimmie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Swim heard that only certain poppy seeds work for this extraction and seeds caught from the grocery store wouldn't work. What seeds would be recommended?
Old 22-09-2011, 19:07

Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute

Not entirely true. It is a bit of a trial and error process to find seeds that work, as there's not exactly that many national brands. The only brand I've seen any recommendations for is Bob's Red Mill, an organic brand that comes in 1/2 pound sacks. For the past few years I've found them to be VERY consistent, a 1/2 pound should be a decent starting dose with that brand.

Don't even think about McCormicks, at the same price per OUNCE as a sack of Bob's, you could go buy real fancy drugs for what it would cost to get a dose.
Old 22-09-2011, 19:46
Titanium Member

Female from United States
DriftAway is captain of the psychonauts.DriftAway is captain of the psychonauts.DriftAway is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I thought blending would be bad because the white stuff in the seeds can cause nausea and other such unwanted symptoms. Do you have a special blender that doesn't "break" the seeds open? Do you just break the seeds anyway, how does that affect the high?
Old 22-09-2011, 20:54

no you don't blend it. Put them in cold water and shake, with your hands. The opium is on the outside of the seeds. Trust me on this, all you get out f the inside are fats that are gross and hell to remove from the liquid.

Interesting, helpful information. :)
Old 22-09-2011, 22:55
Silver Member

psychedelia is a decent psychonaut.psychedelia is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 318, Level: 2 Points: 318, Level: 2 Points: 318, Level: 2

My friend has always wanted to try a method like this using poppy seeds since pods aren't available to him. He was thinking of doing something like this. SWIY says they got 12 capsules out of 240g of seeds... how many capsules does SWIY take for a dose?
Old 22-09-2011, 23:09

Who knows? I'm sorry but a "capsule" is hardly a standard unit of measurement. Anyways we don't know how strong the seeds were, what the process was, or any other details of the experiment.

Look, drugs aren't something for people who aren't willing to take some risk. If you are going to embark on weird chemistry experiemnts, you should understand how experiemnts work before doing them. You have an unknown substance made by an unknown process, from an unknown starting point.

What do you do? You try a tiny amount and see what happens, if it's not a lot, then you try some more. You try it cautiously so as not to end up dead. You take a risk that maybe it won't be effective but that's OK because you'll be alive and you can always take more another day.

No one here can help you determine how much to take.

Practical, easy to understand, and true. The best buzz in the world aint worth much if your a littlle to dead to post findings in the morrow.
Green Stars! Wonderfully correct and direct - seems this can't b said often enough! TY!
Couldn't have said it better!
Old 23-09-2011, 00:22
Titanium Member

29 y/o Female from United Kingdom
misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

AFOAF is also very interested in trying this as it sounds a little simpler than the other method for flake opium described on the forum, she may have found a site that sells pods, obviously not to be named here, but she wants to have a go with seeds first as its cheaper and she can gauge it against her usual dihydrocodiene to decide if its worth pursuing.

Sorry to sound like a noob but AFOAF would like to know what a carbon filter is? And would coffee filters work instead?
Old 23-09-2011, 01:11
Silver Member

Sorry for the misunderstanding, Potter. My friend knows to always start small, he was just wondering how many doses SWIKnifey gets from this procedure. Of course, yields can vary, my friend was just trying to gauge the cost effectiveness of the procedure.

@misskatie, a carbon filter removes impurities in water. This would probably only be necessary for purifying the seed water, but I'm not a chemistry expert. A coffee filter, I believe, would just remove larger particles from the water rather than small molecules. I am not sure of the necessity of that step, however.
Old 23-09-2011, 01:54
Banned

28 y/o Male from United States
Peezy1200 is heading for the Darwin Award.Peezy1200 is heading for the Darwin Award.

I think what Potter is trying to say is that there are too many variables to even guesstimate how many doses you'll get. Main factors would be the potency of your product and tolerance...
Old 05-10-2011, 19:31
Banned

64 y/o Female from Netherlands
bls1987 is heading for the Darwin Award.bls1987 is heading for the Darwin Award.

well they say on wiki that seeds do contain some alkaloids inside them
Old 12-10-2011, 00:36
Silver Member

Male from Australia
AusJork is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
no you don't blend it. Put them in cold water and shake, with your hands. The opium is on the outside of the seeds. Trust me on this, all you get out f the inside are fats that are gross and hell to remove from the liquid.
You can blend them so long as it isn't breaking up the seeds. You just want to give them the best wash you possibly can, and blending is a good way to go with seeds that have stubborn alkaloids stuck to them hard.

You are right though, you just want to stuff that's on the outside. It depends what kind of blender you use because not all of them destroy the seeds.

For swim, putting them in a bottle with warm/room temp water and shaking is the easiest method, and if the seeds are halfway decent provides a great result. Maybe I'd get 10% extra alkaloids if I blended, but for me it isn't worth it.
Old 14-10-2011, 19:52
Silver Member

72 y/o Male from USA - California
veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.
Points: 1,066, Level: 5 Points: 1,066, Level: 5 Points: 1,066, Level: 5

TIME
this is a variable often mentioned in chemistry notes, or even simple teks. i skimmed twice and didnt see it.
how long is the extraction for? swim is going to drink for pain management,not evap... as he normally uses 20-80mg hydrocodone per day, and is 6 days short of refill.(rx is 10mg, po qid)(40mg day)
so, how long to shake? i think the word MIXER may bee used here instead of blender, ie cake mixer(from the lab, not kitchen, swim is banned from kitchen implements/clean jars, lol). this wont break the seeds up but would thouroughly agetate them. would 3 min agitation, w citric acid or lemon juice added, be gufficient? swim plans on trying 1lb organic shit today(bobs, or bulk, or whatever he can get). his biggest flask is 1l and stirbar 1", so they r both useless here.(maybee a piece of rebar in a hdpe 5gal bucket on mag stirrer, lol?)
thanks for any tips on time of agitation, sorry for rambling
Old 17-10-2011, 01:26
Silver Member

Male from Australia
AusJork is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1

Let them soak in water while shaking for about 10 minutes maximum. Drain off the water. Then you can repeat the process because some will still be left on the outside of seeds.
Old 17-10-2011, 09:51
Silver Member

72 y/o Male from USA - California
veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.
Points: 1,066, Level: 5 Points: 1,066, Level: 5 Points: 1,066, Level: 5

muchas Garcia. my bro, swim, will try that right now w like 5 1/2 oz bulkbin seeds....and an organic lime. will let ya know if its enuff... swim has had no opiate meds for 5 daze, doesnt see md for 5 daze... pain is high and i guess tolerance is low...and its medicinal dosage needed anywayz
thanx
Old 22-10-2011, 18:10
Silver Member

^^ I don't know if 5 ounces will do much, usually 14 ounces (half a pound) is a starting dose, and SWIY was previously on opiates so it might do even less :x

What exactly is the end product of this extraction? Just really diluted opium gunk? Surely it can't be nice opium, since half a pound of seeds shouldn't produce the amount of opium the OP mentioned...

14 ounces is not a half pound
Old 24-10-2011, 16:21

Male from United States
dogcrap22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1

swim wants to know what you do after shaking the seeds?
Old 24-10-2011, 17:41

Dogcrap22: learn to read instructions. This is WELL covered in the first post of this thread.
Old 31-10-2011, 07:53

a granulated carbon filter is the most common "filter jug" you can buy from a supermarket. it removes things like chlorine from water so it makes tap water taste better.

SWIM does break the seeds with the method in the OP. You can not get anywhere near 100% of the morphine off of the seeds by soaking or shaking for 10 minutes. When there is no morphine on the seeds they are almost jet black.

When you grind them into a "gunk" swim strains them with a tshirt then leaves them to settle. when it's settled try and tip off the clear layer into a filter jug, then dry it out (swim may repeat the filtering process).

you do get more "gunk" which is why it fills 12 OO capsules (which IS a standard size :P) but you do get about five times the amount of morphine than you do by "shaking" it for 10 minutes.
Old 16-11-2011, 20:36

24 y/o Male from Canada
OMGOODNESS is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifey View Post
SWIM has had great success with making flake opium from poppy seed extract. I thought I would tell you SWIM's process since I haven't seen anything quite like it on this forum (quite so easy).

1. blend 240g jar of poppy seeds in 500-1000ml of water with a mixer-stick (or blender i guess though i find it easier with the stick)

4. Put liquid in dish for 24 hours. After this the sedement should be caked on the bottom and you should be able to just tip/syphon off most of the liquid without disturbing the stuff caked on the bottom. (put remaining liquid in the fridge, in a sealed container)

5. Put a fan/blow heater blowing onto the dish until its dry (SWIM has a heater going anyway because its winter, you could just wait until it dries without a fan).

6. Scrape flake opium off the bottom of the dish, and put into capsules. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the liquid is gone. For me this produced so much I could have OD'd (probably a dozen or more hard packed 00 caps).
Afoaf has this wonderful hand mixer that gathers plenty of flake from about 3 pounds of seed tea, afoaf clearly states that he enjoys drinking the tea to catch some smileys, but one batch and the mixer gathers a great amount of flake, to me this seems the most efficient, being that swiy likes to dose oral also?
Old 10-01-2012, 17:31

34 y/o Female from United States
pharmafem is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Quote:

What did you do with the liquid you siphoned off?
Old 09-10-2012, 16:56

30 y/o Female from Earth
bufce is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Hello

I am new to this forum, so I hope posting this message here is ok. A friend of a friend decided to make opium out of poppy seeds, thanks to this thread. She did, however, had to modify the process a bit. She placed about 5 l of water and 400 grams of poppy seeds in a big plastic bottle, than shook it hard for about 10 mins and left it to dry out. She's still waiting for the 24 hours to pass,but asked me to ask you a couple of questions in the meantime.
1. Will it work this way? Without the mixer and the draining?
2. What happens with the leftover poppy seeds? Do they float in the water or fall on the bottom of the bottle? How do you separate them from the stuff you want, if it's all on the bottom?
I apologize if this has been asked before. It's her first time doing something like this,but she would really like to make it work.

All the best!
Old 09-10-2012, 18:53
Titanium Member

61 y/o Male from USA - Alaska
Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.
Points: 1,184, Level: 5 Points: 1,184, Level: 5 Points: 1,184, Level: 5
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Quote:
When there is no morphine on the seeds they are almost jet black.
When non facts are posted as facts this throws doubt on the companion statements that may be true.

The world is large with variety in most things.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brown seeds 001.JPG (229.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Brown seeds 003.jpg (255.3 KB, 45 views)

Share this on:

Tags
carbon filter, flake, morphine extraction, opiates, papaver somniferum, sedative